Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2007-06-28, 21:18   Link #121
bigdave
Falling for Ginsama ^3^
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to bigdave
hmm Oh I was about to comment on that sig xD

yea I think that that sig is one of the best I have seen and the boxes are SO OWNAGE xD

and Yea I uploaded the video to veoh.com so go and check it out ppl xD I think u should find it if u type in c4d ^^

edit: and yay im the first post the 7th page xD and the 120th post too ^^
hahah Wing ur thread is growing at exponential rates xD

bigdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 21:26   Link #122
WINGZERO619
Hail pork!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
hmm Oh I was about to comment on that sig xD

yea I think that that sig is one of the best I have seen and the boxes are SO OWNAGE xD

and Yea I uploaded the video to veoh.com so go and check it out ppl xD I think u should find it if u type in c4d ^^

edit: and yay im the first post the 7th page xD and the 120th post too ^^
hahah Wing ur thread is growing at exponential rates xD
I'm going to have to check at that thread. I'll see if I can convert the next video to both .mov and .mp4 or mpeg. That way you don't have to go through the hassle of what you just did. I thread is growing pretty fast... I do what I can to help out the little people. So like I said, have hope gimp users! If I can pull out a decent looking c4d sig from Gimp, I know you can too and I just learned it last night. You guys have been using it for a while... if anything, you're supposed to give me tips and tricks on gimp lol.
Old 2007-06-28, 21:34   Link #123
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINGZERO619 View Post
Just finished this collab with Echo:

We basically combined our styles together and produced a pretty nice looking sig. It's been a while for me to work with someone... but it was fun and painless. I encourage other members here to create some collab work with others. On top of that, this collab is also featured on my site (still a work in progress) at www.wingzero619.net
How can we miss out on commenting this great work lol

I love the effects, the styles merge together pretty successfully and came out as a wonderful sig

Hmm maybe collab isn't such a bad idea, I should start doing some

P.S. BOXES RULE
Old 2007-06-28, 21:40   Link #124
bigdave
Falling for Ginsama ^3^
*Graphic Designer

hahah Lol Now its going to surpass my measly little thread xD
anyways then Ice how bout u and me colab on something in the future ^^

Wing>> no its not that It was in a different file and I couldn't make it work My comp linux needs a gstreamer plugin or something to make the media player work so basically I have no media watching capabilities. ^^;;

Old 2007-06-28, 21:50   Link #125
WINGZERO619
Hail pork!
*Graphic Designer

Ah, a BD and IC collab. That would be cool. To see both photoshop and gimp together. Well I don't know if IC is using photoshop or not, but this would be an interesting combo. I gotta finish up this episdoe of Hayate no Gotoku and do some computer work for my sis. When I return, I'll probably be able to do a gimp vid tut.
Old 2007-06-28, 22:07   Link #126
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to xxmimixx Send a message via Yahoo to xxmimixx
Okay . I just watched your video for Photoshop, and my favorite was when you said

" I need a border. Course we need a border right?" XD
Old 2007-06-28, 22:55   Link #127
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

As a matter of fact, yes I do use photoshop (CS2 right now, maybe CS3 in the near future)

It would really be interesting to combine gimp and PS hmm and a pleasure to work with you Dave

Last edited by Ice Climbers; 2007-06-29 at 00:52.
Ice Climbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 04:37   Link #128
darkjester
Desu Desu Desu!!!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to darkjester Send a message via MSN to darkjester Send a message via Yahoo to darkjester
yea... really digging the collab sig.... really nice work u 2....

Loving your style man... your tuturials are pimp too.... thxs dude.... and keep up the AWESOME work...
darkjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 11:01   Link #129
WINGZERO619
Hail pork!
*Graphic Designer

Okay here's Gimp c4d attempt number 2:

v1:

v2:

Okay reason I have two versions is because when I stopped recording, I went back and modified the xcf file a bit and made the sig a little bit better. Good thing is, I went in and recorded that session as well thus having two parts to the video tutorial on this sig. I tell you, I'm so noobish at using Gimp, you'll see me on the vid looking around for certain options and just couldn't find the damn drop shadow lol. Again, this is my 2nd time using Gimp and my 2nd attempt at c4d with it. I'm slowly getting the hang of this new environment. Will post Gimp vid tuts up soon.
Old 2007-06-29, 11:04   Link #130
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The right render got an horrible contrast due the blending with the C4D i guess.
the first version also looks really blurry somehow.

i think you still need a proper background, the C4D does absolutely not "fill" the sig.

well i know this is simply an attempt, but it is more like a general comment about your recent C4D works.
Old 2007-06-29, 11:12   Link #131
WINGZERO619
Hail pork!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The right render got an horrible contrast due the blending with the C4D i guess.
the first version also looks really blurry somehow.

i think you still need a proper background, the C4D does absolutely not "fill" the sig.

well i know this is simply an attempt, but it is more like a general comment about your recent C4D works.
There was no contrasting on the render. This was a soft light adjustment which gave it the overall goth/dark feel to it on version 2. As for version1, I don't see it as blurry. I'm using an HD 20in Cinema Apple display to do my work so really, I have no problems with my view on it. As for you saying the c4d does not fill in the sig... well my aim is not to fill the sig with c4d. Of course I'm still noobish on the Gimp... it's not the same as my Photoshop CS3 but I'm learning Gimp so I can help other Gimp users to attempt in making c4d themed bg's. Pretty much looking out for those who don't have photoshop.
Old 2007-06-29, 11:19   Link #132
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ Humm, thus it might be the source picture. i really dunno, but for such soft light adjustement, the result isn't really as smooth as the signatures you have done for Bigdave *scratches his head*

geh, i guess i will try GIMP once, i don't really know what you can and can't do on it. must be a pain sometimes
Old 2007-06-29, 11:28   Link #133
WINGZERO619
Hail pork!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
^ Humm, thus it might be the source picture. i really dunno, but for such soft light adjustement, the result isn't really as smooth as the signatures you have done for Bigdave *scratches his head*

geh, i guess i will try GIMP once, i don't really know what you can and can't do on it. must be a pain sometimes
LoL, good thing you mention the bigdave sig... that was done on CS3 and not on Gimp. There is a big difference between both Photoshop CS3 and Gimp. If I knew how to control Gimp options like I can on CS3, then you would see better products but if you watch my vid tut on this goth neko gimp c4d style sig... I'm kind of struggling because I don't know where the options are at. I'm creating it on the fly. Like I said, this is just the 2nd time i'm using it and I know I have under an hour worth of Gimp time.

I have to make do until I start learning how to use Gimp properly. Try out Gimp and you'll see what I'm talking about. If you have used Photoshop for as long as I have, I'm sure you'll be in the same position as myself using Gimp. I'm trying to help out those who are using Gimp so members can hang with us Photoshop users.
Old 2007-06-29, 15:03   Link #134
Ayame_
Ever Bright, Ever Blue
*Graphic Designer

just checked out your website, looks good(of course) and i will probably check out the vids in a bit. really nice work on it, keep it up it should come in handy to have your own page.
Ayame_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 15:08   Link #135
WINGZERO619
Hail pork!
*Graphic Designer

Sounds great Ayame. I appreciate you guys checking out my page. For those Gimp users out there, I've already posted the gimp c4d videos on the Goth Neko sig. Feel free to download them at your convenience. For all other visitors, my site is still under construction but if you find anything wrong with it such as broken links or grammatical errors, please feel free to email me using the contact function on my site or PM me here so I can quickly fix it. I'm going to start building on my resource page and put up some brush packs and what not for you guys as well. Again, arigatou!
Old 2007-06-29, 18:57   Link #136
bigdave
Falling for Ginsama ^3^
*Graphic Designer

Wing>>> hahah yea when I first used gimp i was like WTF!!?!?!!?? where are such and such tools xD then I stopped using it all together but like last January I got into it and learned where everything was so yea xD

and Klashi its blurry cuz GIMP doensn't have the best saving options like PS
so the JPG comes out blurry and HORRIBLE. =__=
thats why I have to save it as a PNG now to save the quality of the sig.

OH WIng Idea why don't u EMB the video I uploaded to veoh, to ur site so everyone can just check it out that way?

Old 2007-06-29, 23:05   Link #137
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to xxmimixx Send a message via Yahoo to xxmimixx
Oh and the drop shadow is located in Script-Fu>shadow>drop shadow XD. I'm just gonna use the technique for wallpapers. Here are the possible from both videos.

Thanks!

EDIT:
@bigdave: Sometimes the JPG file saving thingy works for certain graphics like for wallpapers. A girl I know that has been using GIMP since her PS program didn't work properly saves her avatars and wallpapers as JPG, and they come out good (brightness is the key).

Last edited by xxmimixx; 2007-06-29 at 23:16.
xxmimixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 13:16   Link #138
WINGZERO619
Hail pork!
*Graphic Designer

Another request completed:

This sig has a bit more filter work on it so it's starting to look they way I want it to lol. I'll be experimenting more with some filters but never fear, there is a video on this sig. I haven't put it up yet, but please check back on my site soon.
Old 2007-06-30, 18:53   Link #139
genryou
The ______ maker
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to genryou

lol...jpeg...

WINGZERO, why dont you save it in PNG format?
genryou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 19:48   Link #140
WINGZERO619
Hail pork!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by genryou View Post

lol...jpeg...

WINGZERO, why dont you save it in PNG format?
This one I did in gimp so I'm really not used to the type of saves. I think most of my stuff is in jpg format just so I can make most of my work AS safe. I don't know how to make sigs AS safe while it's in png format.

Tags
signature