AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-09, 08:16   Link #441
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenken's Smile View Post
Question: Why did L accept the idea of Light being confined knowing he was up to something?
... since Light's confinement only helped clear himself of accusations...
I guess L wanted to catch Light red-handed. He thought if Light can be driven to the extreme, he will show his Kira self.

Thanks for the answers btw. It is very sad that Misa committed suicide Hopefully, she and Light are together in the Nothingness world.
Light seemed very hasty in the 2nd arc and didn't use his brains that much. Rather than staying as far away from things as possible, he tried to involve himself more - to beat Near. He should have been satisfied with beating L and then disappeared. His dependence on the specs guy was also a mistake. Never depend on someone else - you want something doen right , do it yourself.

Btw, ...answer for Q2 plz ?

Cosplay at it's best Thread
Old 2010-05-16, 18:29   Link #442
hierophant
anime freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenken's Smile View Post
No. L only showed his real face to Light because he believed he wouldn't be killed. But he was wrong.
By the way he died, L would be killed even if he didn't showed his face, as the one who killed him would know it...
Spoiler for series:
Old 2010-05-17, 16:45   Link #443
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by hierophant View Post
By the way he died, L would be killed even if he didn't showed his face, as the one who killed him would know it...
But even with a shinigami eye, you can't kill a person if you can't see his real face.
Old 2010-05-29, 17:00   Link #444
Artecz

Spoiler for title:

Sorry if this has been posted before.
Old 2010-07-07, 00:23   Link #445
Kaelidoscopes
*Artist

The shinigami pictured above and the proposed shinigami that Light became are two different shinigami, at least by physical characteristics. The goggles, headband, skin, hair are all different.
Spoiler for Shinigami:
Old 2010-07-16, 07:05   Link #446
michiru

Why did Raito have to go to cram school before he goes to university?
He didn't have any problem about score, did he? Does this have anything to do with japanese school system?

To Tenken's smile.
As far as I know, authors don't have E-mail adress so we can't send mails.
(In rare cases, authors may have their own home page)
One and only way is to send a fan letter to Shueisha in Japan.
Generally they check and give them to each authors.
Shueisha's adress is
"SHUEISHA WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP EDITORIAL DEPT.
2-5-10 HITOTSUBASHI, CHIYODA-KU
TOKYO-TO 101-8050 JAPAN"

Last edited by michiru; 2010-07-16 at 07:26.
Old 2010-07-31, 07:13   Link #447
zen3

Q:
Spoiler:

PS: First post here.
Old 2010-09-17, 21:17   Link #448
legonut3
I BELIEVE IN HERVEY DENT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen3 View Post
Q:
Spoiler:

PS: First post here.
Ryuk said earlier in the series that he was going to be the one writing Light's name in his book. Literally, it was Ryuk. Of course, he died as a result of the injuries he got from being shot by matsuda.

Do you stain you hands with evil to destroy evil, or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to the evil? - Code Geass
Old 2011-02-21, 18:13   Link #449
Rag

Say, what would happen if the Death Note runs out of pages?
Old 2011-02-22, 22:53   Link #450
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag View Post
I had this thought myself when Light kept using it almost everytime had the chance to. But it looks like it doesn't run out of pages? Or he just saves pages well enough? Wait... Dint Ryuk say something about the Death Note being completed and accomplishing something?
Old 2011-03-01, 13:03   Link #451
JC...
I am a Pie

A Death Note will never run out of pages...
Old 2011-03-01, 19:14   Link #452
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post

A Death Note will never run out of pages...
It magically generates more paper
Old 2011-03-01, 22:19   Link #453
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Then the Light's death note should have gotten as much pages as a freaking encyclopedia but it's still as thin as my math's notebook which got like 2 ecuations
Wondering if the pages just dissapear once they get left behind.
Old 2011-03-01, 22:38   Link #454
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
Then the Light's death note should have gotten as much pages as a freaking encyclopedia but it's still as thin as my math's notebook which got like 2 ecuations
Wondering if the pages just dissapear once they get left behind.
Well the pages allow you to see the Shinigami, so something has to happen to it? Or maybe nothing happens at all and the Shinigami might not be around for you to see it. But basically the paper is stored inside the Death Note, so the only time you would see a crumbled up paper-piece of the Death Note is if it was their plan
Old 2011-03-01, 22:44   Link #455
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

I ment like dissapearing magicly and when you look for it you found it after moving 2000 pages of the notebok that seems to have only 20.
Something like "the page dissapears when you aren't looking at it and magicly appears when you look for it".
Old 2011-03-01, 23:04   Link #456
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
I ment like dissapearing magicly and when you look for it you found it after moving 2000 pages of the notebok that seems to have only 20.
Something like "the page dissapears when you aren't looking at it and magicly appears when you look for it".
That would be some strange magic at work for it to happen
Old 2011-03-03, 22:11   Link #457
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag View Post

Yah, but hey, Ryuk has been living for a long time and probably it would have bee completely filled up by him if it were an ordinatry book, but it isn't..
Old 2011-03-08, 06:13   Link #458
littletomatoes

Hello, I have some irreconcilable questions I hope someone can offer insights to:

1. In Light's ridding of Penbar's scheme, why did he not consider the possibility that Penbar meticulously recorded his work/ trailings in every detail which would include - noting that he was forced to show his badge to Light? At the very least, you would think that all FBI agents had some kind of hidden camera on them when following their suspects to be relayed back to L in its entirety. Light should take this into account if he was as smart as he think he is.

2. Concerning the two fake rules that "proved" he and Misa's innocence: If I was L and/or other members of the investigation I would rigorously test every single rule which would give a glaring conclusion that the only fake ones also conveniently cleared Light. This would cause Light to be immediately under the most suspicion. I think it is too presumptuous of Light to think that nobody would test the rules.

3. When his sister was kidnapped by Mello to exchange for the notebook, why did not the investigation team simply bug the notebook? say, cut a part of the hard back cover and insert a chip to be activated after a week so it cannot be detected by any initial RF scan. Or, completely replace the front and back covers with chips buried in the covers to activated/traced later. Why did no one think of this?
Old 2011-03-08, 19:57   Link #459
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletomatoes View Post
Hello, I have some irreconcilable questions I hope someone can offer insights to:

1. In Light's ridding of Penbar's scheme, why did he not consider the possibility that Penbar meticulously recorded his work/ trailings in every detail which would include - noting that he was forced to show his badge to Light? At the very least, you would think that all FBI agents had some kind of hidden camera on them when following their suspects to be relayed back to L in its entirety. Light should take this into account if he was as smart as he think he is.

2. Concerning the two fake rules that "proved" he and Misa's innocence: If I was L and/or other members of the investigation I would rigorously test every single rule which would give a glaring conclusion that the only fake ones also conveniently cleared Light. This would cause Light to be immediately under the most suspicion. I think it is too presumptuous of Light to think that nobody would test the rules.

3. When his sister was kidnapped by Mello to exchange for the notebook, why did not the investigation team simply bug the notebook? say, cut a part of the hard back cover and insert a chip to be activated after a week so it cannot be detected by any initial RF scan. Or, completely replace the front and back covers with chips buried in the covers to activated/traced later. Why did no one think of this?
1. It wasn't something that could turn out in a problem. At the public's eyes, he was just a young guy trying to play hero and take the criminal down in order to save everyone on the bus. Penbar may have taken it as his dad's job influences.
Also, he didn't know that his wife was on the town, and as soon as he found her and the valious information that could simple take him down, he killed her off. That, of course, was a mistake because L suspected of the persons that Penbar was following.
2. L actually tryed to test the rules, but he got killed by Rem before he can. The other members of the special forces just followed Light's orders, as they designed him as their new boss, as L just said that he didn't suspect of him anymore, there weren't any reasons to continue the investigation over him.
3. It was pretty much a risk move I think, if the criminals would have found it, they would have killed the girl, and, why not? The investigation team in revenge. You can ask this as you can ask why they didn't just make a fake death note with only a few original pages on it. They just didn't think it good and obbeyed the orders because the one that was kindanapped was the Light's sister, their own boss, they weren't going to take any unnecesary risk in there.
Old 2011-10-29, 23:53   Link #460
vrz

just a ques here,

i know theres a few movies out there for death note.

is there any recommended watching sequence?

should i start with the tv series then movies?
Closed Thread

Tags
childhood, deathnote, history, lawliet, past