5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-11-02, 18:30   Link #5661
N1k1tung

Alive or not is a matter for your own fantasy, if you see a way for Lulu to survive then why not. The opposite is also an option here. After all imo it's the meaning of the finale to leave spectator not completely sure about the conclusion, stimulating further debates. As this it was performed so sharp that I personally couldnt reason the awe, though being extremely sceptical myself. Thus the finale of CG stands among very few works of not only anime but art in general, having ever amazed my with an inventive ending of a plot.
N1k1tung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 21:59   Link #5662
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Pear View Post
I think asking a mod if they've stopped being silly would be rather self-defeating.
It would help if we knew what you're talking about
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 23:55   Link #5663
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Lelouch has proven that "Only in his death that the world will be truthly at Peace.
Banzai! ! ! ! ! ! "
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 00:34   Link #5664
azul120

Too contrived to be that way, and too screwed up at the same time.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 09:05   Link #5665
Sniper1045

also,lelouch really don't die...
charles immortality code was transfrerd to lelouch when lelouch killed him by his dual force geass or C.C..
but now,everyone knows that already...
Sniper1045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 09:10   Link #5666
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper1045 View Post
charles immortality code was transfrerd to lelouch when lelouch killed him by his dual force geass or C.C..
Old 2010-11-19, 23:23   Link #5667
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper1045 View Post
I'll believe it when, and if, I actually see it in a new anime or official manga.
Until then...

Old 2010-11-20, 01:51   Link #5668
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
If's Lelouch will live, I'll be happy for C c, it suck to live forever knowing that the one you love will just past by you once......huhuhu
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 19:08   Link #5669
ImmortalFire

Unfortunately, Lelouch was confirmed dead by the writers themselves. Of course, who are we to dethrone your fantasies. If in your mind, you want Lelouch to be alive, then alright, don't let the people here stop you. Just know, that you can't treat it like something obvious, because in the world of reality, Lelouch is considered dead.

I'll admit, I do like to fancy ideas of him being alive. It's why I read fanfics. But yeah, that stuff stays in there.
ImmortalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 11:39   Link #5670
KazePT
Witch Hunter

The writers confirmed that Lelouch was dead? That's its strange, because it is indeed obvious that they wanted to leave an "open ending" to Lelouch, and usually when writers do that, they don't go around explaining what they just wrote xD.

I do think its plausible for him to be alive, because just like when CC gained the last Lvl of Geass and was able to kill the woman that gave her the power thus gaining immortality, the same thing should happen to Lelouch when he was able to kill his father. (Just like everyone explained)

We are still able to say like PaRappa " I know.. I gotta BELIEVE!".

Last edited by KazePT; 2010-11-24 at 11:55.
KazePT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 12:46   Link #5671
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazePT View Post
The writers confirmed that Lelouch was dead? That's its strange, because it is indeed obvious that they wanted to leave an "open ending" to Lelouch, and usually when writers do that, they don't go around explaining what they just wrote xD.
I do think its plausible for him to be alive, because just like when CC gained the last Lvl of Geass and was able to kill the woman that gave her the power thus gaining immortality, the same thing should happen to Lelouch when he was able to kill his father. (Just like everyone explained)

We are still able to say like PaRappa " I know.. I gotta BELIEVE!".
Yes Okouchi and Taniguichi confirmed that as far as they're concerned Lelouch is dead and Geass is (was) over.

Sunrise on the other hand...well let's just wait and see what they do with Code Geass. It is my humble opinion that the ending with CC talking to nonone (maybe the cart driver) was put in at the behest of Chief Producer Nobuo Masuda.
Knowing Sunrise, they may have added the CC monologue as a "just in case we want to make a sequel" option.
Considering Code Geass is starting to follow the Gundam UC pattern of "TV series, then manga, then OVA..." we'll have to wait and see if they'll give us a new series in a couple of years.

I say this because Taniguichi and Okouchi have nothing to do with the new anime Code Geass: Akido of the ruined country.
That's being directed by Kazuki Akane and the new script is being written by Shigera Morita.
I find that a little bit unusual since it is normal to use one or the other of the original staff (director or writer) when transitioning to a new crew.
Take Macross for example, the only time Shoji Kawamori had nothing to do with a Macross series was when he said (back in 1985) that FlashBack 2012 was the last series of Macross and that the story was over.
Big West decided against that and created Macross 2 (which I happen to like) and kept the original artists but canned the director and writer (Kawamori).
Kawamori came back for Macross Plus knowing that Big West would continue Macross with or without him.
I think the same kind of thing is going on with Code Geass.

Thus while Lelouch is certainly dead right now it doesn't mean Sunrise is incapable of resurrecting him later.
As the saying goes: "money talks, BS walks."
Old 2010-11-24, 14:52   Link #5672
Aquaman OS

Kawamori insisted that the original series main character's story was over, and he would never appear again. And despite them not ending the series, everyone has respected that, and Hikaru Misa and Minmay have not been seen since Flashback and will indeed supposedly never appear again.

And although they didn't think Macross would work without them, the later series have been just as popular.

Therefore while Geass may indeed keep going, that doesn't mean Lelouch will ever return. He may indeed never been seen again, and later Geass series will have little to no returning characters.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 20:01   Link #5673
azul120

That depends on whether they agree with Okouchi and Taniguchi.

If they do decide to leave Lelouch behind, I hope they do the same for that whole era, to the point where it's essentially a footnote at whatever point in time the reboot happens.
Old 2010-11-25, 14:47   Link #5674
KazePT
Witch Hunter

@GundamFan0083

Oh I get it now. So CC monologue at the ending never happened on the "original story"?
I do hope that they don't bring Lelouch back. We can still have a open ending, imagining that he's alive somewhere, just for the sake of the fans that want to believe in that.

This new series that's coming up, it happens in another era right? Before the events of this code geass anime.
(So they can't pull Lelouch name into this one)

I do like the concept of the anime, and I hope that a good thing will come out of it.
I have faith in Shigeru Morita (Blood + YAY! for 10 episodes at least!!).
Old 2010-11-25, 15:42   Link #5675
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazePT View Post
Oh I get it now. So CC monologue at the ending never happened on the "original story"?
Keep in mind that he's just providing one possible theory, nobody has ever confirmed or denied such a thing. Only time will tell.

I think the ending can be interpreted freely for now, but it's still worth keeping in mind what the creators intended...until and/or unless new events contradict it.

And here's another theory: perhaps Taniguchi and Okouchi aren't involved in the new anime because they know it isn't a sequel but a side story.

Quote:
This new series that's coming up, it happens in another era right? Before the events of this code geass anime.
(So they can't pull Lelouch name into this one)
The upcoming show is supposed to take place around the time of the first season, yes, so it's hard to imagine Lelouch will have anything more than a cameo appearance (they could show one of Zero's speeches, for instance). At this point, we can only speculate because not enough information has been revealed.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 17:03   Link #5676
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
Keep in mind that he's just providing one possible theory, nobody has ever confirmed or denied such a thing. Only time will tell.

I think the ending can be interpreted freely for now, but it's still worth keeping in mind what the creators intended...until and/or unless new events contradict it.

And here's another theory: perhaps Taniguchi and Okouchi aren't involved in the new anime because they know it isn't a sequel but a side story.

The upcoming show is supposed to take place around the time of the first season, yes, so it's hard to imagine Lelouch will have anything more than a cameo appearance (they could show one of Zero's speeches, for instance). At this point, we can only speculate because not enough information has been revealed.
I agree.
I only put forth one possibility.
I wasn't trying to say I KNOW what is going on behind the scenes, because I'll be the first to admit that I don't.

I'm as anxious as the next CG fan for the new anime to come out I'm sure, so there's plenty of time to throw out a few theories and ideas until it does come out.
Besides, it will be fun to see just how far off some of our theories are from where the new Code Geass production team actually take the story.

Last edited by GundamFan0083; 2010-11-25 at 20:13.
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 06:29   Link #5677
KyokoAishiteru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalFire View Post
Unfortunately, Lelouch was confirmed dead by the writers themselves. Of course, who are we to dethrone your fantasies. If in your mind, you want Lelouch to be alive, then alright, don't let the people here stop you. Just know, that you can't treat it like something obvious, because in the world of reality, Lelouch is considered dead.

I'll admit, I do like to fancy ideas of him being alive. It's why I read fanfics. But yeah, that stuff stays in there.
Precisely. Chances of him being alive is just the same as me forgiving Killzaku. But he will live forever in our heart. All hail Lelouch! (':

Anyway, the epilogue was fabuleux yet painful. Got trolled by Sunrise till the end.
I've rewatched Code Geass for like three times and the epicness nor sorrow wears off any bit. (Y)
The ending haunted me for a whole week when I first watched it; Lelouch's death. TT__TT *facepalm of despair*

Well, if the writers are loving enough to make Lelouch alive, I would definitely wish for another sequel.

Viva la vida de Kalulu. <3
KyokoAishiteru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 12:48   Link #5678
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyokoAishiteru View Post
Precisely. Chances of him being alive is just the same as me forgiving Killzaku. But he will live forever in our heart. All hail Lelouch! (':

Anyway, the epilogue was fabuleux yet painful. Got trolled by Sunrise till the end.
I've rewatched Code Geass for like three times and the epicness nor sorrow wears off any bit. (Y)
The ending haunted me for a whole week when I first watched it; Lelouch's death. TT__TT *facepalm of despair*

Well, if the writers are loving enough to make Lelouch alive, I would definitely wish for another sequel.

Viva la vida de Kalulu. <3
Somebody I can relate to
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 02:53   Link #5679
Eirian

I thought the ending sorta made sense imo...

What I got from it were:

Lelouch kills off all the known geass users in the anime and then takes his own geass to the grave with him since geass was the reason Shirley died.

Or

Lelouch wants everyone in the world to have a common enemy and makes himself look like a tyrant through bloodshed. He then died bearing the world's hatred when Suzaku stabbed him. So all that hatred just disappeared and everyone decided they never want a reign like lelouch's to happen again, which causes them to move towards world peace. Death also served to satisfy Suzaku's desire to kill lelouch.

Maybe its both

Anyways I'm gonna rewatch it now
Eirian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 02:59   Link #5680
azul120

Actually Suzaku didn't want to kill Lelouch. He sensed he had been lying about doing what he did to Euphie on purpose.

The whole Zero Requiem purpose was flawed to begin with, and was largely an excuse for Lelouch to die, since he had lost his will to live after Turn 19.