AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-09-14, 04:27   Link #2721
FerrusManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I don't know that song. It might be something new, or a redone instramental version of some later song. it sounds slightly familiar, but I can't place it.
It reminds me a little of "The Scarlet Scarf" by Isao Sasaki.
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 15:51   Link #2722
macdawson

Quote:
In a related note:
Spoiler for Cosmo Zero:
I've checked with Tim Eldred, who saw this in theatrical format, and according to him, there's nothing missing. The assumption is that it was damaged in the blast.
Old 2013-09-14, 22:30   Link #2723
calubin_175

For those who own the Soul of Chogokin Yamato or Andromeda, could you tell me whether the primary ABS plastic is fully painted or molded in color. I have the BPX-01 and GX-58 but could not really tell for the base color, it appears to be coated clear matt instead. It is definitely less glossier than non painted ABS but not as thick as painted ABS or PVC.
calubin_175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 03:51   Link #2724
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Interesting episode today. More or less like the original with a few changes to reflect things that happened later in the original version, and some events that happened earlier in Yamato 2199.

Also the preview for 25 looks to have a lot of combat.
Spoiler for episode 24-25:
Old 2013-09-15, 04:17   Link #2725
macdawson

Preview for Episode 25, WAR WITHOUT END

From the images, the Deusler seems shorter than the Domelaze, around 550 to 600 meters, but definitelly bulkier and with more fire power, if not just for the Desler Cannon alone.
Old 2013-09-15, 06:38   Link #2726
calubin_175

Spoiler for Thoughts on episode 24:
Old 2013-09-15, 06:44   Link #2727
Vito
Asshole.

Certainly didn't expect them to stick swimsuits in such a late episode, not that I am complaining or anything.
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 08:17   Link #2728
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
Certainly didn't expect them to stick swimsuits in such a late episode, not that I am complaining or anything.
I'm waiting for the subs for this episode, but did the swimsuits make sense in the context of the story? I want to know this, because I want to show this series to someone who doesn't watch much anime and looks down upon fan-service.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 08:38   Link #2729
Vito
Asshole.

I mean you always argue against including any type of fanservice shots and Yamato 2199 has had a few throw in here and there. I think it make sense in the context, but I am biased :P
Old 2013-09-15, 11:09   Link #2730
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Military ships have Rest and Relation periods. In the US Navy it is not uncommon for sailors to go swimming in friendly waters when they are off duty at a port with warm water. Especially if they don't really get shore leave at this location.

The fanservice angle is simply reflection on the matter that they have women on the ship over the number of one. They'd get Rest and Relaxation too. That the Yamayo/UNCF has standard swimsuits of that type is, well, I don't know what the Japanese do with their defense forces in that area. At least the male suits were just speedo style to balance the female two piece suits just like from the magazine art shown at the start of the series (though I don't recall seeing Yuki in one this espisode).

One thing though:
Spoiler for Wave Motion Gun:

Last edited by Ithekro; 2013-09-15 at 11:30.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 14:10   Link #2731
macdawson

Quote:
Military ships have Rest and Relation periods.
Relaxation, for Pete's sake, Ithekro! RELAXATION!!! XDDD

Quote:
I don't recall seeing Yuki in one this espisode).
Yuki wasn't on a swimsuit 'cause she was taking a walk with Yurisha. Also, for a swimsuit scene, it was a lot less rowdy than some of the previous so called fanservice scenes. It didn't play as sexy but rather as playful, especially the Melda and Shinohara bit. Laughed my ass off with that one.

Quote:
One thing though:
Spoiler for Wave Motion Gun:
As for WMG, that is a good question, though
Spoiler for WMG/CRS:
Old 2013-09-15, 14:44   Link #2732
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hmm, I guess I was tired. Or maybe its fumes or something. I thought there was something wrong, but couldn't place it.
Old 2013-09-15, 16:16   Link #2733
Vito
Asshole.

Well if someone wants to check it out, it's short, less than 2 minutes. And yeah there have been more obvious fanservice clips, like Yamamoto walking out of a shower (few seconds at best) and the Yuki/Yamamoto bath scene.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-09-15, 21:18   Link #2734
calubin_175

Spoiler for On the appropriation of wave motion energy:
Old 2013-09-17, 04:16   Link #2735
macdawson

While watching episode 24 for the 5th or 6th time, a little bit of detail hit me.

Spoiler for Yukikaze:
Old 2013-09-17, 08:50   Link #2736
calubin_175

If I remember correctly, the 1st episode showed the Yukikaze exploding and then discovered later. In the manga version, it had its fuel tank hit and did not show whether the entire ship fully exploded or not, and was explicitly mentioned that the Yukikaze was missing after the Kirishima escaped.

I wonder whether the manga version will change anything else, either expansive or alternative to the anime.
Old 2013-09-17, 09:13   Link #2737
macdawson

The explosion seen in episode 1 is one of the lower rear tanks exploding. What happened after is conjecture but :
1- the Garmillas may have boarded the ship at that point and collected the survivors as POWs. With little interest in the ship itself they left her in space, eventually caught by Saturn and crashing on Enceladus.

2- Given the distance, though, its more probable the Garmillas believed they had destroyed it and left. The Yukikaze played dead and when the enemy left tryed to resume course for Earth but the damage was too extensive. They might have decided to head for Saturn's abandoned outpost for repairs but ended up crashing at which point theat advanced Garmiloid Group spoted them and collected the survivors for interrogation.

As i said, these are personal theories of what might have happened. What we're sure after the explosion is that part of the crew, including Kodai and Ishizu, were taken to the Salezar systemwhere the Destria that carried them crashed on Iscandar. Mamoru survived but eventually sucumbed to his injuries. And now he's on a mission to save Earth.

Last edited by macdawson; 2013-09-17 at 10:20.
macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 23:26   Link #2738
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Though I wonder what brought the heavy cruisers down on Iscandar? When did it even arrive in system? Did it get caught in some disturbance? Did Kodai and his crew break out and bring the ship down? Were they hit by pirates.....

We can assume vastly quicker travel times for the Gamilus with the warp gates, but we don't know if there is a closer one to Earth rather than Beeland. Or if there is another one closer to Iscandar than the one Yamato used.

It is also possible that the Gamilus can warp farther within their own territory becaues they've mapped it, while travel between them and the Milky Way is slower due to the limits of their engines.
Old 2013-09-18, 06:31   Link #2739
calubin_175

With regards to the "Memory of Mamoru" preserved by Starsha, Japanese wiki also described as a soul, making me think whether it could still actively communicate with Starsha. If so, then Iscandar seriously has very spiritual capabilities and it is no wonder why Gamilians would address them as religious subjects with "your eminence, your grace etc".

I still prefer PS2 version Starsha over this one. Though, in 2199, Her dress was animated nicely during the graveyard scene. It was disappointing how there were very few full shots of her in episode 24 and I think her initial video message from the Izumo revolt arc served as that initial full view visual introduction already. As a trade off, I am glad that they focused on her personality this time.
Old 2013-09-18, 11:09   Link #2740
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If I recall, an interview with the character designer said that all the women's body structures were more or less taken from Yuki Mori to some extent, except Starsha. Starsha had to seem somewhat alien, so she's a little thinner and longer that Yuki and the others. Especially the neck. Starsha is probably the most Matsumoto looking character design left in terms of body structure, thought not facial features.

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato