AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-24, 10:21   Link #401
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Dreams or no dreams, a band is a band.
Old 2010-08-24, 10:35   Link #402
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Dreams or no dreams, a band is a band.
I imagine the girls of Death Devil thought the same thing. Except the show portrays them as having grown up and become respectable young women. We know that Sawako shreds harder than Eddie Van Halen, and that even Norimi plays better than Yui or Azusa (She talks about how she and Sawako were constantly trying to one-up the other on guitar.) And yet, the only time Death Devil ever gets back together, it's to play at the wedding of one of their old school chums . . . and they have to embarrass Sawako into taking part.

Also note how Azusa is seemingly unaffected by the collective emotional breakdown the third-years have in Episode 20. She says things like "Don't be selfish. Don't cry like little kids," and "It was an honor playing with you all." Her voice doesn't even waver. It's like she's already accepted that HTT ends when the third-years graduate and go on to college. Her mind is probably on how to continue to club. Either get Ui and Jun to join, or she'll fall back on her Plan B and join the Jazz Club for her own third year.
Old 2010-08-24, 11:06   Link #403
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.

Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
For Nichijou, Jukki Hanada is credited for the series composition. Looking at the series premise and the staff list I can tell Nichijou is going to be one crazy mess(in the good ol' Kyoani/Kadokawa way).

K-On to this date still remains the only Kyoani adapted series that isn't Kadokawa or Key. So I guess I'm wondering how they decided to animate K-On...I had heard somewhere that Naoko Yamada and her team had to fight very hard for K-On to be greenlighted as otherwise Kyoani were going to animate another serious drama series after Clannad After Story, and Yamada thought it would be good to animate something more 'casual'(The first season of K-On did indeed had an kind of Indie look).
They didn't even want K-On! in the first place.

What Yamada and her crew fought for, however, was how they were going to adapt it (K-On! being a fanservice-y Seinen manga). Yamada wanted none of that, and suggested that they make it accessible to even children.
Old 2010-08-24, 18:58   Link #404
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakuanInc. View Post
They didn't even want K-On! in the first place.

What Yamada and her crew fought for, however, was how they were going to adapt it (K-On! being a fanservice-y Seinen manga). Yamada wanted none of that, and suggested that they make it accessible to even children.
i cant imagine K-ON being a fanservice manga XD

so...yeah...I dont want HTT to end like that...i just hope something happens in the next 6 eps...

You all know how Yui has technically "no choice" but to pursue music all the way. >=)
Old 2010-08-24, 20:46   Link #405
gowfan05

Was it true that K-on is going to end? or is this all a Rumor? because i recall the manga continues.... am i right? or wrong?!
Old 2010-08-24, 20:57   Link #406
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowfan05 View Post
Was it true that K-on is going to end? or is this all a Rumor? because i recall the manga continues.... am i right? or wrong?!
Okay... if I understand what you're asking????? o.O
Yes, the anime series K-On! will complete at the end of this season in Japan. There's about 5 more episodes to go.

The 4-koma K-On! is supposedly ending at the same time based on an announcement in the 4-koma (4 panel comic) itself (which is serialized in a Japanese magazine).

The manga collections (currently 3 volumes and a 4th due out) are made up of the chapters serialized in the magazine. Therefore, it would be 4 volumes much like Azumanga Daioh is only 4 volumes when it was first released.

Right, now it *doesn't* mean it isn't possible we will have a sequel or a spin-off - perhaps a series of OVAs. But right this instant nothing has been announced.
Old 2010-08-25, 05:42   Link #407
Sylvester
Mr. Akiyama

http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/k-on/disc/disc_2.html
i saw the latest disc is K-ON! Vol. 3, does it means it will have a season 3 coming out?
Old 2010-08-25, 05:45   Link #408
krko
The Movie is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvester View Post
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/k-on/disc/disc_2.html
i saw the latest disc is K-ON! Vol. 3, does it means it will have a season 3 coming out?
K-On Season 2 comes in 9 volumes (DVD's) with 3 episodes each. Volume 3 is just episodes 7-9 of season 2
Old 2010-08-25, 05:46   Link #409
Sylvester
Mr. Akiyama

ohhhh~ urghhh~ So expensive~
Old 2010-08-25, 07:53   Link #410
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvester View Post
ohhhh~ urghhh~ So expensive~
That's Japan for you. Anime is really just an infomercial for stupidly overpriced merchandise. That's also why it's going to take at least a year for the Japanese to release the second season license to Bandai (assuming the first season doesn't tank and Bandai is still interested in licensing the second,) since they don't want Japanese consumers re-importing the stuff for a third of the cost they'd pay to buy locally.
Old 2010-08-25, 13:00   Link #411
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Is it just me, or even the manga has got yuri scenes subtly scattered across it too?

From Vol 3, Chpt 7, Pg 6.

And that panel by itself is just so.....perfect.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-08-25, 13:06   Link #412
krko
The Movie is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Is it just me, or even the manga has got yuri scenes subtly scattered across it too?

The fanservice level of the manga is much higher compared to the anime. Main thing that convinced me that kakifly is male. Just compare the way Mugi looks during the Mugi-vision scenes. In the anime she's just happy, in the manga she almost looks orgasmic.
Old 2010-08-25, 17:00   Link #413
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

Oh my god, nice find XD
Old 2010-08-26, 17:27   Link #414
farhan

i never know how much k-on songs are there including character songs..sadly my friends screws me... T T

anyone can list down every single of them until the latest "U&I" ?
Old 2010-08-26, 17:53   Link #415
Chocolate Pocky

Insert Songs and Opening and Ending Singles::

Cagayake Girls, Happy!? Sorry!!,Don't Say Lazy, Sweet Bitter Beauty Song,Fuwa Fuwa Time, Tsubasa Wo Kudasai,GO! GO! MANIAC,Genius...!?, Curry Nochi Rice, Watashi no Koi wa Hochi-kiss, Fude Pen~ Boru Pen~, Listen!!, Our MAGIC, NO, Thank You, Girls in Wonderland, Utauyo!! Miracle, Kira Kira Days, Pure Pure Heart, Sakuragaoka Joshikou Tou Kouka

Character Songs::

Heart Goes Boom!!, Hello Little Girl, Guitar Ni Kubittake, Sunday Seista, Dear My Keys~Kenban no Mahou~,Humming Bird,Girly Storm Shissou Stick, Mezase Happy 100%, Jaja Uma Way To Go,Watashi ha Watashi no Michu wo Yuku,Coolly Hotty Tension Hi!!,Prologue, Maddy Candy, Hell The World, Lovely Sister LOVE, Oui! Aikotoba, LOVE, GENOME, Let's Go!

I think that's all of them.... If I missed any please let me know
Old 2010-08-26, 18:06   Link #416
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

So many *gapes in awe*

Well...I guess I'm stealing out many Yui songs XD
Old 2010-08-26, 23:42   Link #417
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yeah, you can construct an entire album/playlist with the full set now...
Old 2010-08-28, 08:00   Link #418
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author

Send a message via MSN to WBoon
So, yeah, there's this question I've been wondering about these past few days. With all the competitive fandom over Azusa and Mio, what if... Azusa has her role switched with Mio, such that she first appears in the first episode, and Mio first appears in the eighth? Would the fanboys have liked Mio as much as they do today, but in terms of her personality rather than her moeness (which would not be emphasized as much if she was to appear later in the series, like Azusa)?

I guess Mio is moe no matter how much that is covered up. It's her personality, after all, and through character development (irregardless of how little there is), her moeness would shine through in a matter of time. It's just ironic that with Azusa, lesser screentime in the first season meant more character development for her in the second (due to the writers wanting to show more of Azusa to make up for her lack of screentime), so that might ring true if Mio was in her position, not having as much screentime as well?

Of course, I guess you could always think about what this means to Azusa, too... if you want. I just care about what would happen to Mio. Azusa being Ritsu's bestfriend would've probably mean less pain for the former's head, though. Heh.

Last edited by WBoon; 2010-08-28 at 08:18.
Old 2010-09-01, 10:12   Link #419
evangeline88
Moe Master

What is the song (or BGM) that Azu-nyan plays in the S2 ep22 at 04:25-04:30 and continued at 04:36-04:46 (fansubber: kk v2 version) ...

Thanks

Old 2010-09-01, 12:02   Link #420
Sparvid
*hic*

The second part is the chorus for Gohan wa Okazu (starting at "gohan wa sugoi yo nai to komaru yo"...)

I can't place the first part anywhere though.

Tags
q&a