AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-11, 12:59   Link #181
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

The point is that she is supposed to be someone who in real life you would never find cute or beautiful at the first sight. That is what she is representing looks-wise.
... no matter how awkward, if she was depicted as cute she would already have many social contacts just by people approaching her.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 13:27   Link #182
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
She's not creepy looking! Look at my avi. That is how she should look to you. Else, you are looking at her wrong =02.
I did say she does have her moments of cuteness...but at least to me they are kinda rare.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 13:48   Link #183
Diveman

Yeah I agree, in real life you would find her really weird and akward at first sight. Once you get to know her you'd probably find her cute side
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 14:41   Link #184
Utsuro no Hako

Comics and animation are pretty binary in terms of attractiveness -- a character's either cute or a total gonk. The manga-ka made Tomoko as un-moe as possible without making her off-putting, but she's still on the attractive side. In real life a girl with hair going all over the place and dark circles under her eyes wouldn't be cute, but in a manga she is.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 17:31   Link #185
Soverence

Really, even if she sometimes appears "cute", I can't view her that way because its obvious the author wants her to be viewed as someone you would basically avoid and find unattractive. Its done pretty much to build on top of her shut in personality.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 23:39   Link #186
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

i believe her appearance is one of the reasons why she is so unpopular, because most people in real worlds will also not find a girl with such an appearance to be attractive,it functions the same way in the manga
Old 2012-12-12, 00:04   Link #187
Utsuro no Hako

I think a large part of Tomoko's problem is the way Japanese high schools don't change classes -- she's pretty much stuck with the same thirty people for the entire year. If there's no one like Yuu in the class, she's going to be the lone oddball sitting in the corner reading. If she were in an American high school where she had to change classes every period, she'd be exposed to a lot more people and have a better chance of encountering someone like Yuu, who in turn might know someone else with similar interests whom they can get together with at lunch and after school.
Old 2012-12-12, 01:47   Link #188
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

"because tomoko is not popular, this thread has recently become popular"
Old 2012-12-12, 14:27   Link #189
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

ok, hey so she is cute alright, but she can also be sexy

Spoiler for tomoko sexy:

Last edited by mystogan; 2012-12-12 at 23:16.
mystogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 15:22   Link #190
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

So sexy it killed your link it seems
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 15:55   Link #191
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

The fact that she can be cute is an important story point. If she were "fugly" and never had a friend or a cousin who looked up to her then we could just shrug and dismiss her. Instead we see that her problems are all caused by her own inappropriate behavior and social awkwardness.

Many anime heroines (as well as anime watchers) have an active inner life where their imaginations run wild. Most, after a nudge in the ribs, go on to live and achieve in the real world. It becomes a problem when she imagines that being a hostess in a bar will be easier than delivering a message to a classmate.
Starshipw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 09:45   Link #192
D-Joe

Anime maybe coming
http://www.ganganonline.com/

Spoiler for Domain Information:
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 10:05   Link #193
Utsuro no Hako

Totally called it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
We should be getting to the end of Volume 3 soon. I figure the fourth volume will cover the last quarter of the school year, including Christmas, New Years, Valentines Day (I don't think I even want to read that chapter), and the end of Kuroko's freshman year. Hopefully the mangaka will allow her to accomplish something in her first year of high school, though not so much as to make her second year boring.

I'm also thinking that the end of the first year would be a good stopping point for an anime adaptation, so maybe we'll get an announcement in the next few months.
Considering volume 3 is coming out in the middle of anime announcement season even though they've had enough material since October, I'm betting there'll be some news on the cover.
Old 2012-12-13, 18:21   Link #194
APNki

News about the domain registration and countdown was posted on ANN: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...untdown-begins
APNki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 19:52   Link #195
taichi-kun

I would watch it
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 20:59   Link #196
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

woah woah woah!!!, hold on a second does this means an anime adaption is going to done. ?!
Can someone please explain that news on ANN, and i don't read japanese so i couldn't understand anything about the domain., can anyone please explain...
Old 2012-12-13, 22:12   Link #197
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
woah woah woah!!!, hold on a second does this means an anime adaption is going to done. ?!
Can someone please explain that news on ANN, and i don't read japanese so i couldn't understand anything about the domain., can anyone please explain...
Media Factory bought the domain watamote.jp (WataMote being the abbreviated title for the series in Japanese). So far as I know Media Factory has no connection to Gangan Online which publishes WataMote, so if they're getting ready to launch a site for it, they're probably involved with an anime adaptation. On top of that, Gangan Online has a countdown that will end on December 22, which happens to be the day volume 3 of the manga goes on sale.

So all signs point to an anime but we won't know for sure until a week from Saturday.
Old 2012-12-13, 22:18   Link #198
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Media Factory bought the domain watamote.jp (WataMote being the abbreviated title for the series in Japanese). So far as I know Media Factory has no connection to Gangan Online which publishes WataMote, so if they're getting ready to launch a site for it, they're probably involved with an anime adaptation. On top of that, Gangan Online has a countdown that will end on December 22, which happens to be the day volume 3 of the manga goes on sale.

So all signs point to an anime but we won't know for sure until a week from Saturday.
hmm, so i am guessing when the next volume is released, we will surely get a confirmation in the manga, if it goes anime, countdown till 22nd December huh, then i am looking forward to this Chirstmas hoping for some really good news
Old 2012-12-14, 11:27   Link #199
desrtsku
Nympholept

Wuah, I didn't know she was this popular outside the manga!
Old 2012-12-14, 11:41   Link #200
Diveman

My little tomoko can't be this popular!
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, slice of life, yuri