Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2011-05-28, 13:11   Link #1
Rushberry
Bang! Bang! Bang!

Cool Supercell thread

Well .. strange if u don't know this band

In short ... Supercell is a japanese band who led by ryo (as composer and lyricist) which former on 2007. At first, supercell is a doujin music group and use Hatsune Miku as singer and submitted to Nico Nico Douga (ended with Hajimete no Koi ga Owaru Toki as the last track posted on Nico Nico Douga on December 12, 2008). After they reached the popolarity, they released Supercell album on Comicet 74 and then released 2nd album, Today Is A Beautiful Day.

Ryo is the leader and the other members are :

Shirow Miwa (illustration)
Huke (illustration)
Redjuice (illustration)
Suga (illustration)
Maque (illustration and animation)
Yoshiki Usa at Wooserdesign (design)
Hei8ro (Heihachiro) (support in illustration and photography)
Guitar (support in illustration)
Crow (support)
Golv (support)

Former members :
119 (Hikeshi) (illustration)

Discography :

Albums :

Supercell
Today is A Beautiful Day

Singels :

Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari
Sayonara Memories
Utakata Hanabi/Hoshi ga Matataku Konna Yoru ni

Collaboration :

Kocchi Muite Baby/Yellow (with kz Livetune)

MV :

Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari
Sayonara Memories
Kocchi Muite Baby
Utakata Hanabi
Perfect Day

The other info can be found on wikipedia, polymetrica, and google LOL

Supercell fans.. let's rock the thread \m/
Rushberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 16:36   Link #2
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Shouldn't you mention that "Nagi"[formerly know as "Gazelle"] is the current vocalist for the group since Ryo switched away from Miku?
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 01:28   Link #3
Rushberry
Bang! Bang! Bang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Shouldn't you mention that "Nagi"[formerly know as "Gazelle"] is the current vocalist for the group since Ryo switched away from Miku?
At first supercell use Miku because ryo don't have a singer for his song

and then Yanagi Nagi sing for 2nd album

i dunno if Nagi official Supercell member or not (because i don't find notes like "featuring by nagi" on 2nd album and i don't find official confirmation about it)

It's a good news if Nagi is a member
Ryo's song very suit with Nagi's voice
Old 2011-05-29, 15:47   Link #4
chachaboru
Banned

kimi no shiranai monogatari is my fav. song!!!
then love and roll comes next....
chachaboru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 21:26   Link #5
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well they do have a lot of good songs and they rock when they use Miku Hatsune voice
Old 2011-05-29, 22:03   Link #6
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Well they do have a lot of good songs and they rock when they use Miku Hatsune voice
Nagi has some done very good covers of some of the Miku songs, her "Melt" and "World is Mine" are just awesome .
MAL
Old 2011-05-31, 04:24   Link #7
Rushberry
Bang! Bang! Bang!

Today is Nagi's birthday
stay on her twitter to know her birthday update http://twitter.com/#!/yanaginagi

And then .. u know, i really loves supercell members works especially in art
i'm redjuice's bigfans
Old 2011-09-27, 03:11   Link #8
Westlo
Lets be reality

Does anyone know if Nagi is still associated with Supercell? I ask because Ryo now has two new vocalists... From wiki.

Supercell held auditions from May 25 to June 19, 2011 for a guest vocalist on the band's third album. The main criteria for the vocalist was his or her voice, as Supercell was not concerned with the singer's gender or age.[21] Out of about 2,000 candidates, two girls were chosen: a 15-year-old named Koeda and a 17-year-old named Chelly.

+

In October, 2011 both the opening and ending themes of the anime series Guilty Crown are written by Supercell.[25] The opening theme is entitled "My Dearest" and will be performed by Koeda. The ending theme is entitled "Departures: Anata ni Okuru Ai no Uta" (Departures ~あなたにおくるアイの歌~?) and will be performed by Egoist, which is actually a fictional band from the series. Chelly will be providing the vocals, and will also be singing the insert song of Guilty Crown.[26]

Really curious to hear Chelly who will probably be getting the lions share of Guilty Crown songs since the singer of EGOIST is the lead female of the show...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 06:17   Link #9
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

isnt that they do guilty crown music

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 21:59   Link #10
Shadow5YA

Huke is a member? Did he really do anything other than the Black Rock Shooter PV, which was his own character anyway?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 22:08   Link #11
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

He is a member, although like redjuice, he is also only there as an illustrator.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 08:02   Link #12
Shadow5YA

I know he's an illustrator, but has he drawn for any supercell songs other than his own BRS?
Old 2011-09-28, 08:31   Link #13
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
isnt that they do guilty crown music
Well the auditions was for a guest vocallist for their third album, looking @ how Koeda's song is called by Supercell and Chelly's is EGOTIST I'm guessing that Koeda is the new Supercell vocalist for the 3rd album. Though Chelly will get a lot of work from just Guilty Crown... as for Nagi.. who knows which is why I'm asking the question.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 09:07   Link #14
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I know he's an illustrator, but has he drawn for any supercell songs other than his own BRS?
I don't think so. If he does, then his work should be easy to spot.
But I can't blame him for not being able to work with supercell; remember that he collaborated with a LOT of people including the production teams of Oreimo and Steins;Gate and stuff related with BRS.

Ever since his work with BRS and Steins;Gate, he's become really busy, lol.

By the way, has there been any songs of Koeda and Chelly released already? I wanna check out if supercell has chosen well with their two new voices.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2011-09-28, 10:21   Link #15
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
But I can't blame him for not being able to work with supercell; remember that he collaborated with a LOT of people including the production teams of Oreimo and Steins;Gate and stuff related with BRS.

By the way, has there been any songs of Koeda and Chelly released already? I wanna check out if supercell has chosen well with their two new voices.
That's what I mean. If the only work Huke has done for supercell is BRS, which is his own series anyway, is he really a member of supercell? He sounds more like a guest illustrator to me.
Old 2011-09-28, 20:14   Link #16
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I checked; he's listed as an illustrator both of the English and Japanese Wikipedias.

Old 2011-09-30, 08:04   Link #17
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Does anyone know if Nagi is still associated with Supercell? I ask because Ryo now has two new vocalists... From wiki.

Supercell held auditions from May 25 to June 19, 2011 for a guest vocalist on the band's third album. The main criteria for the vocalist was his or her voice, as Supercell was not concerned with the singer's gender or age.[21] Out of about 2,000 candidates, two girls were chosen: a 15-year-old named Koeda and a 17-year-old named Chelly.

+

In October, 2011 both the opening and ending themes of the anime series Guilty Crown are written by Supercell.[25] The opening theme is entitled "My Dearest" and will be performed by Koeda. The ending theme is entitled "Departures: Anata ni Okuru Ai no Uta" (Departures ~あなたにおくるアイの歌~?) and will be performed by Egoist, which is actually a fictional band from the series. Chelly will be providing the vocals, and will also be singing the insert song of Guilty Crown.[26]

Really curious to hear Chelly who will probably be getting the lions share of Guilty Crown songs since the singer of EGOIST is the lead female of the show...

Supercell uses only guest vocalists, so for now, Koeda will be the singer for the next album, Chelly for the anime, and of course, Hatsune Miku for some other projects. It's possible they bring back nagi in the future. Probably not a good idea to fall too much in love with a singular Supercell singer as they may not be back for the next album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post

Check the Guilty Crown PV 2. The OP with Koeda is prominent the last minute or so.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 02:16   Link #18
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

From the news on the website:

Now that supercell has 2 new vocalists and supercell has a new site for the new guilty crown single, they wrote this as their news.

今年5月に行われたsupercell初の試みとなるゲストボーカルオーディションを経て、約2,000人 に及ぶ全国からの応募者の中から選ばれた、
新ゲストボーカリスト「こゑだ」を迎えた新生supercellの第一弾シングルリリース情報が満を持して 遂に発表です!!

From the auditions for a new supercell guest vocal position, out of approximately 2000 people who participated, we chose our new guest vocalist "Koeda". We can finally announce her first debut single with supercell!

Does this mean Nagi is out? But I swear to God I hear Nagi in "My Dearest". Are my ears deceiving me?

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 03:34   Link #19
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
Does this mean Nagi is out? But I swear to God I hear Nagi in "My Dearest". Are my ears deceiving me?
The word "guest" singer makes me think and hope not .
MAL
Old 2011-10-05, 05:02   Link #20
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

I think she's out for good, since I see Nagi's name all over the place as a solo artist yanagi nagi now.

Oh well, there goes the group that I loved the most out of any music group. I was really hoping they'd do a live concert one day.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote