AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-18, 14:59   Link #21
Azure King
Snr Spammer

didn't this happen in the Arrancar arc? where ichi went to Hueco Mundo and aizen invades Karakura as soon as he arrives?
Old 2012-04-18, 15:09   Link #22
Excelion

So this whole 1000 years bit...1000 Year Blood-War arc and Yamamoto couldn't kill Buckbeard a 1000 years ago. Earlier in the manga we had 1000 years mentioned in that no shinigami born in the past 1000 years is stronger than the Head Captain, and that the Shinigami Academy was founded about a 1000 years ago. I'm not sure if those last two pieces of information will tie-in at all, but I figured I'd bring them up again. Maybe Buckbeard was this "stronger" Shinigami, though a Shinigami/Quincy hybrid sounds loopy to me. Then again, we've had the Arcannar, so it's possible. This hunting captain seems to have a sword of his own.
Old 2012-04-18, 15:21   Link #23
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Now, how would Mayuri know about what had happened a millenium ago when the Gotei 13 didn't even exist? I was under the impression that he's a random mad scientist that was picked up and imprisoned...
Old 2012-04-18, 15:40   Link #24
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelion View Post
So this whole 1000 years bit...1000 Year Blood-War arc and Yamamoto couldn't kill Buckbeard a 1000 years ago. Earlier in the manga we had 1000 years mentioned in that no shinigami born in the past 1000 years is stronger than the Head Captain, and that the Shinigami Academy was founded about a 1000 years ago. I'm not sure if those last two pieces of information will tie-in at all, but I figured I'd bring them up again. Maybe Buckbeard was this "stronger" Shinigami, though a Shinigami/Quincy hybrid sounds loopy to me. Then again, we've had the Arcannar, so it's possible. This hunting captain seems to have a sword of his own.
Interesting. I suppose in theory, there's nothing to technically prove it to be impossible for a shinigami to learn quincy techniques. So a shinigami/quincy hybrid seems plausible I guess. The only thing I feel worth mentioning is that, we've no way yet to know as to whether Yamamoto chose not to kill Buckbeard a millennium ago or he was too weak to finish him off.

*edit*
This is a long shot, but perhaps he's a shinigami, but also the very first Quincy--that is to say, a rogue shinigami who's ideas and philosophies pushed him into developing techniques for humans to wield spiritual energy, which then led to him passing those techniques on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Now, how would Mayuri know about what had happened a millenium ago when the Gotei 13 didn't even exist? I was under the impression that he's a random mad scientist that was picked up and imprisoned...
Soul Society does keep various historical records & archives. So that is one possibility. And we also don't know what important events throughout SS's long history have been passed down through word of mouth from generation to generation. So for all we know, this incident from 1000 years ago regarding Buckbeard might be one of those popular tales known all throughout Soul Society. Of course, I could be completely wrong about that too. I'm just throwing out possibilities here since I can't recall anything about this guy so far that confirms his history to have been kept a top-secret affair. As of right now, there's a strong possibility that the only reason we haven't heard of him till now is simply because the plot has given no character any good reason to bring him up.
Old 2012-04-18, 15:41   Link #25
Lunarskylar

sounds liek buckbeard is the quincy version of yamaji, which would make him stronger than aizen. they were probably best friends too, i jsut wonder why he looks so yougn if he's over 1K.

i think the captains are going to be destroyed... after all,, kubo still needs to use the 0 squad
Old 2012-04-18, 15:45   Link #26
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well at least this Big Bad isn't fucking around...
Old 2012-04-18, 15:52   Link #27
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
sounds liek buckbeard is the quincy version of yamaji, which would make him stronger than aizen. they were probably best friends too, i jsut wonder why he looks so yougn if he's over 1K.

i think the captains are going to be destroyed... after all,, kubo still needs to use the 0 squad
i agreed this will be the perfect time to bring them in if ever.

P.S. I like Momo's new look.
Old 2012-04-18, 15:56   Link #28
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post
This is the smartest main antagonist yet.

"The main character is occupied, time to invade"
Aizen went out of his way to occupy the main character, his cheerleading squad and four captains before beginning his invasion.
Old 2012-04-18, 15:58   Link #29
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
Yamamoto founded the academy over 2100 years ago. So the reason why Buckbeard probably looks younger than Yamamoto, is because there's a good chance, he's half Yama-jii's age or less.
Old 2012-04-18, 16:35   Link #30
Excelion

My bad, yeah, the academy was founded a full 2000 years before. So that rules out a possible connection there, leaving just the "no stronger shinigami in the past 1000 years" bit.

Buckbeard being the very first Quincy? I could see that.
Old 2012-04-18, 18:07   Link #31
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodragon View Post
P.S. I like Momo's new look.
At least somebody agrees Really hope to see her again soon, she just looks too cute for one tiny panel.
Old 2012-04-18, 20:10   Link #32
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Anime was always more important, otherwise we would have bunch of animes up in current series, such as Claymore, K-ON, Durarara, TWGOK and etc.
Aaah okay >_> thought it was super popular animes/mangas.
Old 2012-04-18, 20:50   Link #33
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure King View Post
didn't this happen in the Arrancar arc? where ichi went to Hueco Mundo and aizen invades Karakura as soon as he arrives?
Kishi copies and pastes from the previous arc with different antagonist?
Old 2012-04-18, 22:26   Link #34
SeanQ

So how does Mayuri know about Yamamato's failure 1000 yrs ago?
Old 2012-04-18, 22:36   Link #35
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
the leader was the captain commander 1k years ago when Quincy and shim where a team...one can hope.
Old 2012-04-19, 00:39   Link #36
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
So how does Mayuri know about Yamamato's failure 1000 yrs ago?
that's what I want to know... just how long was he imprisoned down there before urahara let him out?
Old 2012-04-19, 00:53   Link #37
Lendial

mayuri is awfully cheeky considering yamajii could kill him with spiritual pressure alone.
Old 2012-04-19, 03:33   Link #38
Langus
Optimus Prime

Hmmm Mayuri's comments about Ishida were highly interesting. Maybe my crack theory isn't such a crack theory after all.
Old 2012-04-19, 04:32   Link #39
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
How can the enemy be this old?
Quincies are normal humans and therefore age and die normally. ???
well, if they've been infused with Shinigami/hollow powers
they're not technically human anymore

anyway
I personally loved everyone's new looks
Kira's shorter bangs was great
I think Matsumoto cut her hair too
Momo looked great too with her new look
Nemu... is it just me or did her breasts got larger?
Nanao looked more mature
Tetsuzaemon and Yachiru didn't change that much though. maybe I didn't notice it

I wanna see the others too, like Isane

Old 2012-04-19, 06:33   Link #40
Knjaz

1000 year blood war? Couldn't kill that guy 1000 years ago?

I wonder, he couldn't kill him because of he wasn't capable of doing it, or because he just couldn't force himself to do it?

Quincy leader is a Yamamoto's son? Or some other relative? Or a former friend?
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised...
Closed Thread