AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 17
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 17 14.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 34 29.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 37 32.46%
7 out of 10 : Good... 17 14.91%
6 out of 10 : Average... 5 4.39%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 1 0.88%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Torturous... 2 1.75%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-10-28, 17:11   Link #161
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
I noticed something I was curious about for a while in a blink and you'll miss it moment.

Images
menu
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

So that's the official romanization spelling?
Oh, good eye!

I wonder about that.. it could just be the studio felt the name looks better and makes more sense like that.. I still prefer 'Lyfa', though. =/
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 17:35   Link #162
Vsin
Aldracity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Oh, good eye!

I wonder about that.. it could just be the studio felt the name looks better and makes more sense like that.. I still prefer 'Lyfa', though. =/
Likewise. Problem is, the pronunciation is supposed to be Lee-Fa (what the heck is the Kana anyways...Ri-fu-Ha?) And as the Ys series shows, people tend to pronounce "y" as "why" instead of "e".

That, and having the name be Leaf-A just rubs the the wrong way for some reason.
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 17:37   Link #163
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I think its "Leave" coz....in most games.. its either you "leave" or "quit" a game... and a confirmation appears if you are sure or not.... just my guess....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 18:16   Link #164
Esebian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
I noticed something I was curious about for a while in a blink and you'll miss it moment.

Images
menu
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

So that's the official romanization spelling?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I think its "Leave" coz....in most games.. its either you "leave" or "quit" a game... and a confirmation appears if you are sure or not.... just my guess....
Problem is: the v wouldn't look like what the picture looks as you can see a vertical line right after the e of Leafa, so that it only can be a f. Also the last letter doesn't look like the e before but more like the a

But I aswell like Lyfa more like Leafa. I dunno if that's because I read it several times like this or if it actually simply looks better ^^
Esebian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 18:27   Link #165
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esebian View Post
But I aswell like Lyfa more like Leafa. I dunno if that's because I read it several times like this or if it actually simply looks better ^^
Yeah.. Wonder why its not Lyfa.
Old 2012-10-28, 19:17   Link #166
Seitsuki
Onee!

Leaf? Green? Probably thought they were pretty clever with that one, you know how it is with Japanese people and their love of spamming English whether correctly or not
Old 2012-10-28, 19:33   Link #167
chooby

Leafa is the official name for her.
Old 2012-10-28, 20:50   Link #168
Deltaray

Atleast that picture spelled Alert right this time.
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 21:45   Link #169
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Hmm. At least Leafa makes a bit more of an allusion to her Sylph race. But it is a bit awkward from an LN readers point of view. We're just too used to Lyfa lol. As for the episode itself it was delivered as expected. The ALO arc is more straightforward than the SAO arc so either you like it or hate it. I personally like the pace. And about the Leafa/SuguhaxKirito/Kazuto thing I think it's definitely heading to a double whammy to the heart for poor Sugu what w/ all the foreshadowing and all. I already feel for her. Man imouto characters just don't have any luck in anime except for when they're the main heroines. Also true for childhood friends.
Old 2012-10-28, 21:47   Link #170
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordstriker21 View Post
Hmm. At least Leafa makes a bit more of an allusion to her Sylph race. But it is a bit awkward from an LN readers point of view. We're just too used to Lyfa lol. As for the episode itself it was delivered as expected. The ALO arc is more straightforward than the SAO arc so either you like it or hate it. I personally like the pace. And about the Leafa/SuguhaxKirito/Kazuto thing I think it's definitely heading to a double whammy to the heart for poor Sugu what w/ all the foreshadowing and all. I already feel for her. Man imouto characters just don't have any luck in anime except for when they're the main heroines. Also true for childhood friends.

Hmmmm.. now you mentioned the pacing... If SAO was fast... I sense ALO a bit slower.....than normal...
Old 2012-10-28, 22:14   Link #171
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Oh and for those who are a bit miffed at Asuna being a little too submissive to Sugous advances here's a quote from the novel version of that particular scene:

Spoiler for Novel version of the Sugou touchy feely scene:
Old 2012-10-28, 22:35   Link #172
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

I hope (with 80% confidence) Asuna will do something to help herself get rescued. In SAO she was a strong, leading star player, and that was a big reason for me to like her. To see her so submissive in a cage is quite hard to take.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 22:37   Link #173
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
I hope (with 80% confidence) Asuna will do something to help herself get rescued. In SAO she was a strong, leading star player, and that was a big reason for me to like her. To see her so submissive in a cage is quite hard to take.
Coz her fiance is just the admin of the game....

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-10-28 at 23:11.
Old 2012-10-28, 23:08   Link #174
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Coz here fiance is just the admin of the game....
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 23:11   Link #175
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
So Kirito has to like unite the kingdoms or something to save his Girl, this will be interesting. I wonder what the other fairy race will think about that.
Old 2012-10-28, 23:12   Link #176
Seitsuki
Onee!

Don't forget, he has all of a week!~ The crazy shit he'll have to do to pull that off should make for interesting viewing.
Old 2012-10-28, 23:15   Link #177
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Don't forget, he has all of a week!~ The crazy shit he'll have to do to pull that off should make for interesting viewing.
Yea totally forgot the one week dead line. This is like total opposite from the last game where everyone united for a common goal and they had all the time in the world to get it done.
Old 2012-10-28, 23:29   Link #178
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinku View Post
So Kirito has to like unite the kingdoms or something to save his Girl, this will be interesting. I wonder what the other fairy race will think about that.
If their leaders are females.... Kirito would't have any problem.....
Old 2012-10-28, 23:52   Link #179
dark998

Well, the obvious was finally confirmed: the super stacked cousin and the super stacked blonde Sylph are one and the same. Also first glimpse of the ALO UI and the AmuSphere.

And upon further inspection, Asuna in her new fairy form is actually quite hot. I kinda was hoping for Sugou to actually pull the ribbon completely...but no, SAO is an all ages anime after all.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 00:48   Link #180
Nezu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
We're so sorry Sugu. If you had been his real imouto you may have been able to ride the wave, but as his cousin.. ;_;
Actually, it's not uncommon for first cousins to marry in many parts of the world including Japan as well as something like 11 US states.
Nezu is offline   Reply With Quote