AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku - Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 16.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 58.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 25.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-05, 01:02   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Hayate no Gotoku - Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Hayate no Gotoku - Can't Take My Eyes Off You -, Episode 10.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-12-05, 14:36   Link #2
Midonin
Last Engage

Lots of stuff going on this week. So due to a bug/feature in the Camellia, not only is Hayate not dead, he's probably more alive than he's ever been. Though not in the highest of spirits. Having a dissolution right before the climax does fit with the cinematic nature this series has been going for, but it's a first for me. In all the time I've been watching Hayate, he and Nagi have never had a falling out like this. Being essentially stranded in the hottest, driest part of America can't be helping. After several hours, we finally arrive at the opening scene, in full context. What happens from here will all depend on the wheels that are turning.

That Ruri called that woman her mother just raises more questions. Was it really her mother (and therefore someone who knew Nagi's father), or is it more of an adoptive family relation? Ryoko Shiraishi's English wasn't half bad. I was thinking one of the thieves may have been Nagi's father (thus explaining why he could transform the Camellia to a sword), but there's nothing to confirm that yet.

This is all getting rather interesting.
Old 2012-12-05, 18:39   Link #3
zyta

Send a message via MSN to zyta
Something died in me by what Hayate did to Nagi. I do not think that Hayate is Hayate, it is possible that someone else is in his body. I base this on how time and time again it has been shown that Hayate doesn't no a lick of English. It's a foreign to him as a fish flying above the trees. Maybe Nagi's dad is currently inside of Hayate's body and Dolly is really her mom? they kind of look similar.
Old 2012-12-06, 02:37   Link #4
molitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyta View Post
Something died in me by what Hayate did to Nagi. I do not think that Hayate is Hayate, it is possible that someone else is in his body. I base this on how time and time again it has been shown that Hayate doesn't no a lick of English. It's a foreign to him as a fish flying above the trees. Maybe Nagi's dad is currently inside of Hayate's body and Dolly is really her mom? they kind of look similar.
Did you forget what Dolly told Nagi? The King's power that exceeds human knowledge. That would mean he has a lot of knowledge right now. Secondly Dolly was calling Hayate at the end the Black Camelia and not going for the watch that the robber had. Evidently it's power to give that power has already been used on Hayate and she was begging Hayate for that power. Otherwise she could of just obtained the sword from the robber and used it on herself as she is planning to do so appears the power goes to one person. It's probably the real secret behind the Black Camelia and why it was the most prized possession of the Sanzenin's.

It's probably the knowledge side of him that caused him to leave Nagi as he is now dealing with a whole new awareness and in that aspect seems to have lost his emotions now did he lose his emotions permanently while he has the power or is that just a side affect from having his head full of knowledge and power? The show is finally getting interesting.
Old 2012-12-06, 10:24   Link #5
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Im pretty damn sure Shin is inside Hayate. I mean we have a lot of clues pointing to this.

1. Hayate says "Im alive" when he got stabbed, but that was most likely Shin confirming his return
2. When the cops arrive Hayate starts to flee, sure he got in trouble with them earlier but that reaction is more along the lines of someone who has been avoiding the law for all his life like Shin.
3. Hayate doesn't know english, but magically now he does.

What I find more interesting is who the demon really is, the biggest thing is the ring she wears because...
Spoiler:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2012-12-06, 12:33   Link #6
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
Im pretty damn sure Shin is inside Hayate. I mean we have a lot of clues pointing to this.

1. Hayate says "Im alive" when he got stabbed, but that was most likely Shin confirming his return
2. When the cops arrive Hayate starts to flee, sure he got in trouble with them earlier but that reaction is more along the lines of someone who has been avoiding the law for all his life like Shin.

What I find more interesting is who the demon really is, the biggest thing is the ring she wears because...
Spoiler:
Wow that sounds very reasonable, If this is true then, the only way Hayate will come back is that Shin needs to know that Nagi is his daugther.
Old 2012-12-06, 17:45   Link #7
Hina_sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post

Spoiler:
I was pretty much thinking the same thing, another thing I'd like to point out is
That when Dolly made her her move to acquire the Kurotsubaki, He seemed to be immediately fixated on the ring on her right hand, rather then Nagi's safety.
Spoiler:
Old 2012-12-07, 01:37   Link #8
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I won't deny it- there was something supremely satisfying watching Hayate all cold and indifferent after 86 episodes and 380+ chapters of being the comical doormat and divine punching bag nice guy of the entire series
Old 2012-12-07, 05:46   Link #9
P0tat0Phun
Do the wave!

I just realized something. I don't know if I'm just slow, but I decided to share what I realized here as well in case no one noticed.

Spoiler for Where the Black Camellia might have been first mentioned in the manga:

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-12-07 at 22:53. Reason: Spoilered that just to be safe. :)
Old 2012-12-08, 10:36   Link #10
Yusei Fudo
Banned

Ok I swear... I am beginning to not like Tsugumi much. She is just too spoiled :/

Also o god Hayate became an ass =w=
Old 2012-12-08, 17:45   Link #11
fukarming

The best episode so far, but it is kinda hard to redeem the series for the painfully bad 9 previous episodes.

Love the cold Hayate which say no to Nagi. Too bad, as someone speculate, seems that is not actually Hayate but he is possessed. For the first time in this season I am looking forward for the next episode.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
Old 2012-12-15, 11:06   Link #12
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The witch needs the time clock in order to live forever, but she runs out of magical juice after getting her butt manhandled by Isumi's magical ofuda in masked magical priestess mode.

Hayate got stabbed by the sword protruding from the clock which granted him eternal life, but at the cost of Lady Nagi's biggest misfortune....

He quits being her Butler due to the pocket watch turning him neglecting and apathetic towards his former mistress. This comes as the biggest shock in the history of Nagi Sanzenin that the next day she goes on a fun, fun sightseeing tour de force throughout all of Las Vegas in a fit of denial.

Of course, getting stranded in the middle of the Nevada desert due to the mishaps with the black camelia forces her to realize in crybaby mode that she misses her dear butler so much, that she's willing to reform her lifestyle and ways becoming from a problem child to the most loving and well behaved girl in the history of anime.
However, all of this was in reaction getting her handkerchief stolen by a cactus, getting her face wiped by the weather, and smothered by the suns' rays.

Seemingly, her prayers are heard by Hamster-chan which prompts her to make the most formidable alliance with the rich, little lady in order to search for that neglecting, poor-face, former butler.

Meanwhile, in another place of the Nevada desert, Yukiji asked for that neglecting, former butler's help to torture and interrogate one of the thieves in search of her getting her money back much to Hayate's apathetic chagrin.
Closed Thread