AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-03, 12:32   Link #401
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

So it seems they are going for the animal theme. Orca, Dolphin, Shark and Penguin. And Butterfly for Glasses dude. The odd man out, but that's because the guy wasn't a swimmer.
Old 2013-07-03, 13:11   Link #402
Crashmaking Zoomatic
Umu.

I can not get over that ending. What did I just watch?!

The OP was good too, but like. The animation seemed a little chaotic when they showed each character swimming around the second half. There was too much on the screen at once! I still don't know what to expect from this show, but I'm looking forward to seeing the first episode, haha.
Crashmaking Zoomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 13:38   Link #403
Birdway
Banned

Lol, Kyoani is really trying to pull off the Utapri with that ending, isn't?

Btw, I would have laughed if the oasis was a mirage.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 14:02   Link #404
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I shouldn't be surprised that ep1 and 2 was already completed. Kyoani is legendary at finishing ahead of schedule. But that is still amazing to think about.
Old 2013-07-03, 14:06   Link #405
Dextro
He Without a Title

The OP sounds insanely manly. A show like this has no right to have such a manly sounding OP

The ED on the the other hand... I sense insane fangirling in the future
Old 2013-07-03, 14:35   Link #406
kuromitsu

Wow, they're trying very hard... Some observations:

-lol the OP is so manly. And fanservice-y.
-Mizugi apron. If this doesn't spark a new fad I'll be disappointed in fandom.
-Yep, steorids. (Or HGH.) Now that I've seen the bodies properly animated, they actually make me feel... hungry. (It's those glistening ribs.) Their hipbones look pretty weird, though, why do they jut out like that? o_o)
-Why on earth did they think that old pool would have any water in it?
-Arrgh, Rin already irritates me. And yet it seems the show is going to be about Rin x & Haruka...
-That ending... they seem to have been inspired by that old dancing CM...
-When is the megane guy coming?!

So yeah, I'm not impressed with the characters so far (not that I expected anything unusual, but Rin is seriously annoying). I hope Megane gets here fast. Animation is great but that was to be expected, but I hope they'll tone down the BGM a bit.

But the one great thing about this show is that it made me remember the time when I used to swim like that. I was just about the same age as these guys when my eyesight became too bad so I had to give it up, but this show reminded me of how lovely it is to just jump in and swim. Ah, memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I shouldn't be surprised that ep1 and 2 was already completed. Kyoani is legendary at finishing ahead of schedule. But that is still amazing to think about.
That an episode is complete by the time it airs? Before anyone tries to bite my head off, I'm not dissing KyoAni, but this is not something unheard of...
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 14:39   Link #407
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
That an episode is complete by the time it airs? Before anyone tries to bite my head off, I'm not dissing KyoAni, but this is not something unheard of...
Not one but two episodes are already complete. That's a pretty good showing btw.
Old 2013-07-03, 15:00   Link #408
Bern-san

The episode was a bit irregular for me. The start of the episode before the OP was good, the middle boring and the end improved a bit. I'll watch 1 or 2 more episodes
The character I was interested the most was the megane after all, for now the rest of the characters have been quite meh.
A coupe of comments:
- Haruka x Water is basically the pairing of this story
- What do they see in Haruka? Aside from his looks, that is. And let's not talk about his quickness to take off his clothes...
- I have to say that I laughed when they were going to swim in the pool without water
- What's up with that dub step track at the end?

The ED is too much, I couldn't stop laughing during it. Way better than BroCon's one even if that one had Ikuhara's involvement.
I liked the OP song too but I didn't expect the song to be so... much rock? Not a bad thing but unexpected.
Old 2013-07-03, 15:17   Link #409
pampz21
ShipCore

Spoiler for *fangirl screaming her lungs out!:

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 15:41   Link #410
RainbowMagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
The episode was a bit irregular for me. The start of the episode before the OP was good, the middle boring and the end improved a bit. I'll watch 1 or 2 more episodes
The character I was interested the most was the megane after all, for now the rest of the characters have been quite meh.
A coupe of comments:
- Haruka x Water is basically the pairing of this story
- What do they see in Haruka? Aside from his looks, that is. And let's not talk about his quickness to take off his clothes...
- I have to say that I laughed when they were going to swim in the pool without water
- What's up with that dub step track at the end?

The ED is too much, I couldn't stop laughing during it. Way better than BroCon's one even if that one had Ikuhara's involvement.
I liked the OP song too but I didn't expect the song to be so... much rock? Not a bad thing but unexpected.
He's the Arata of swimming.
RainbowMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 15:47   Link #411
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well not surprised about it since the pics & pv. I'm not into it , i pass.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 15:56   Link #412
ustatsu

This was a good and funny first episode. It’s really obvious that Makoto and especially Nagisa are trimmed to be moe. Some people will come out and call them gay, but yeah, it’s moe-ish behavior and nothing more. Animation wise it was ok, probably overall under KyoAni standarts, but the water is amazing. Next episode the first battle between Rin and Haruka, nice.

The Opening will be a strong contender for OP of the season.
ustatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 16:05   Link #413
Dop
Mmmm....

Actually I thought that was quite fun, in a way.
Haruka ripping his clothes off at the drop of a hat could be the show's running gag, it happened that often.

Really, even if the abandoned swimming pool HAD water in it, you'd really not want to swim in it, it'd be all manky and horrible. What were they thinking.

And again we see another example of the lack of security in Japan's schools...!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 16:15   Link #414
sikvod00

The male character designs remind me of American shows where they cast 25+ adults as high schools kids.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 16:27   Link #415
Blaat

Can we at least have the guys act like guys instead of like typical moe girls?
Old 2013-07-03, 16:44   Link #416
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Ah! the overwhelming power of beefcake! I come in peace.

Just couldn't resist. And looks like they come in piece too....

Either way, should be an interesting follow!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 17:03   Link #417
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

When I saw that screencap before watching the episode, I thought he had his hand in his swimsuit. Dem muscles.

The OP is as manly as the ED is gay. The contrast is quite shocking

As expected, this is pretty much gender-swapped K-on. It's almost horrifying how "moe" the boys act, specifically Makoto and Nagisa. Replace them with girls and you won't see a single difference. Having said that, I actually enjoyed this quite a bit. Haruka is a very amusing main character. The guy is completely obsessed with swimming/water. He made me laugh a couple of times in this ep. Speaking of which, the comedy was really good and probably the best aspect of the episode. I was pleasantly surprised.

Curious to find out why Rin has changed so much. He used to be a very good kid.
Old 2013-07-03, 17:05   Link #418
ginger02

lol the episode was funny. It had some really pretty shots too, and lots of eye candy.

I'm liking Kou already, and their sensei. Makoto also might be my favorite since his personality is like mine.

The episode seemed a little rushed, but most first episodes do to me. I think the confusing part is we didn't really get to see any sort of indication why Rin's personality changed, but there are hints that Haruka knows why.

Sharkboy reminds me a bit of Aomine too.

I did love the look Haruka gets when Makoto mentions pools XD
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 17:32   Link #419
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Curious to find out why Rin has changed so much. He used to be a very good kid.
Calling it now: ultimately it's because Haruka stopped competitive swimming so he couldn't have Passionate Professional Rivalry with him anymore, and this made him feel betrayed and bitter.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 17:49   Link #420
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Saw the first episode and enjoyed it, I plan on following this until the end now. I predicted that Makoto would be my favorite and he is, I'm looking forward to future episodes to come. Also I really like the ED. :3

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abs, fabulous, sports, water animation