AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Asatte no Houkou

Notices

View Poll Results: Asatte no Houkou Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 18 51.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 34.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 11.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 2.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-21, 18:56   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Asatte no Houkou Episode 8 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Asatte no Houkou, Episode 8!

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use clearly marked Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:
Old 2006-11-23, 14:01   Link #2
eggplant
Eggplant

In a way, I feel sorry for Karada, knowing that her parents' were not her biological parents, and then having to lose them, on top of the realization that she had been burdening Hiro ever since they met.
She is reminded of the cold truth that she still is a child in a adult body, yet refuses to give in, even if it means exacerbating her situation.

With two-thirds of the episodes complete, I hope she gets over her feelings soon, altough from the preview it looks like things will heat up with Tetsu.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

Old 2006-11-23, 23:06   Link #3
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

What do you mean "in a way" you feel sorry for Karada? I spent the latter half of that episode with tears in my eyes. Thank god it's just fiction. The first half of the episode was predictable but well done. The second half was powerful, in the way this show can be. When little Karada first greeted her onii-san, I got chills.

I feel confident that all will be well in the end, but I am hoping for Karada to give up and go home, and for Hiro and Shoukou to be reconciled. Hope, hope.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-11-23, 23:13   Link #4
Srin Tuar
無謀

Uuugh

Spoiler:

Very effective and emotional, the flashbacks tell us alot.
Old 2006-11-24, 14:10   Link #5
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
I was worrying quite a bit when Karada met those creepy dudes and luckily she was too scared to go work with that pimp(?) And I'm hoping that she has luck with finding place to stay and someone nice...
And what's comes to escaping I wasn't really expecting that. It's needed lot of inner strength to make such move and to not ask help, although she's likely going to burn her wings.
Spoiler for own personal thoughts:

Last edited by Anacone; 2006-11-24 at 14:55.
Old 2006-11-25, 03:02   Link #6
dxgarten

Episode 08 screencaps and summary

Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-25, 09:03   Link #7
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Very beautiful episode. I really shed some tears every time I watch the "Kasa-part"
Gets a perfect 10 from me, definitely.
Old 2006-11-26, 13:09   Link #8
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

After this episode, I like Karada a lot more. I really feel sorry for what she had experienced in her life. Definitely a powerful episode. 10/10.
Old 2006-11-26, 13:36   Link #9
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
karada! come home! >.<
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-26, 23:59   Link #10
Cal-Reflector

Call for hands here: Who else, when beginning to watch this episode, experienced acute panic and dread not unlike what a father would experience when his daughter has run away from home?

I, for one, was worried sick. All the dangers and difficulties Karada would be facing as she went out there...

will shut up and watch the episode now.

Edit: State of worry now moving towards two levels from terminal, She's such a good girl that she didn't even remember to lie about her age.

Edit 2: State of worry advanced to defcon four with the appearance of street stalking nodogooders. *Pulls out shotgun and fires into the air* You rascals! Hands off my daughter before I bust the cap on your head!

Edit 3: Flashbacking, crying buckets.

Edit 4: Episode 4. Running out of tissues, switching to paper towels.

Wow... in my opinion, the most intense episode yet. Hiro-nii redeems himself a bit as we further feel the difficulties he must have gone through to deal with his parents leagcy (bickering with the relatives?) and raising Karada. Hiro-nii loses points by sounding cold and critical when he questions Shouko about why she still keeps pictures of them together. Karada doubles her points up until this point, as viewers are compelled to send in the marines to form a search and rescue party.

Last edited by Cal-Reflector; 2006-11-27 at 00:24.
Old 2006-12-07, 20:45   Link #11
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I think i'm alright in saying episode 08 was one of the best episodes i've seen placed together. It worked perfectly from star to finish.

The nice lil' adventure of Karada trying to make it on her own at the start was nice, it started the episode of on a sweet tone.. though once the backstory started, thats when everything kicked off. Not even once did the thought of Karada already knowing about Hiro's brother status pop into my head, though it does make a lot more sense as to why she made the wish & ran away. I truly love how they brought it all up in what must be the best flashback scene i've ever seen. Kasa by Suara playing was the perfect finish.

So yeah, great episode - at least now we have a great plot going that should last until the end.
Old 2006-12-07, 21:16   Link #12
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Moving Toward the Direction of the Day After Tomorrow

I could not help myself to having break out near the point of crying. It was emotionally poignant episode, because makes her resolve amidst a rain of tears that she won't be interfering between Hiro and Shouko.

The theme revolving around the episode deals literally about newly grown-up birds who take their first flight out of the nest but first experience confusion and fear as do not know to which direction they should head for.

I would have felt the same if I was on Karada's position. Leaving the safety of home to make your own life all of a suddenly in a different town where everything is foreign to you, and you're unknown to everyone without having any friends or acquaintances to lend you a hand; all by yourself.

I have never felt bothered by Karada's naivety, in fact, it was a natural reaction for her first time in the big city. What dissappoints me about her is her natural tendency to commit self-sacrifice for the sake of the others (more specifically Shouko and Hiro) happiness.

I strongly believe that the solution should just openly communicate with each other about why they carried out those choices in the past.

Spoiler:

Karada's loneliness and isolation was best accentuated or heightened through the use of the flashbacks regarding her parents and how their death called the destined meeting for her and Hiro to welcome each other for the first time. It was more appropriately dramatized with Karada alone and by herself on the park without a place to go, feeling the cold of the rain, and thinking about what she left behind.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-07, 22:25   Link #13
ImClueless
Rawr

The best episode by far so far. The flashbacks were very powerful. Haven't felt this moved by an anime episode in a long time :sniff: Everything else I felt about this episode has already been framed nicely by others.

I do have one question though. Are brothels legal in Japan or does a sign that says sexual services simply mean strippers?
Old 2006-12-08, 15:38   Link #14
Spastic_Hobo

... I freakin cried. I haven't cried cause of an anime in forever, but that funeral flashback really got my eyes welling up... Mind you I'm generally a stoic, macho tuff guy, but this show has made me cry like a little girl.

looks like this show might end up in my all time top 10 if it keeps up like this.
Old 2006-12-08, 16:22   Link #15
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

You know, I actually feel bad for not getting affected more by this episode. I guess I just don't like kids, I was more inclined to yell at Karada for being stupid, OK, maybe not stupid but very naive, than symphatise with her plight. I suppose that's the effect of a character with a grown-up body and a child mind. Don't get me wrong it was a very good episode but I had to pause it a number of times because Karada's naivety was a bit too much for me to endure. Still, this is a far better option than portray her as some kid-genius who fakes some ID and finds a job and a place to live very easily.

And once again Asatte no Houkoe excels in the usage of flashbacks but this insistence on one Shouko episode followed by one Karada episode is starting to piss me off a bit.

Quote:
I strongly believe that the solution should just openly communicate with each other about why they carried out those choices in the past.
Well yes but since even the adults Hiro and Shouko are reluctant to do that, I don't expect Karada to initiate the process. Her knowing that those people were not her real parents so he shouldn't be her brother either (not sure whether she is sure abotu that or not, though) goes a long way to explain her "I am a burden to Hiro-ni" complex. Still, if she was such a burden he wouldn't have to rescue her, so her subsequent escape by boarding that train was a bit puzzling, she needs to stop blaming herself and figure out that despite evidence to the contrary Hiro can think and decide for himself whether she is a burden or not.

Old 2006-12-08, 17:11   Link #16
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spastic_Hobo View Post
... I freakin cried. I haven't cried cause of an anime in forever, but that funeral flashback really got my eyes welling up... Mind you I'm generally a stoic, macho tuff guy, but this show has made me cry like a little girl.

looks like this show might end up in my all time top 10 if it keeps up like this.
ahh well i cried a bit as well its kinda rare for me to break the barrier between heart aches and crying but this ep did it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
You know, I actually feel bad for not getting affected more by this episode. I guess I just don't like kids, I was more inclined to yell at Karada for being stupid, OK, maybe not stupid but very naive, than symphatise with her plight. I suppose that's the effect of a character with a grown-up body and a child mind. Don't get me wrong it was a very good episode but I had to pause it a number of times because Karada's naivety was a bit too much for me to endure. Still, this is a far better option than portray her as some kid-genius who fakes some ID and finds a job and a place to live very easily.
but well shes ONLY 12 yrs old ~ i actually find her quite mature when she was younger in the flashback...trying to help out with the cooking was very sweet shes such a little darling!
but yea she is naive but it not all her fault...it her way of thinking about how she has always troubled hiro but forget the fact that her disappearence makes it even worse for him ~ i guess she just wants to be free from him so he can get his life back while trying to suffer for herself...poor dear >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-08, 17:15   Link #17
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Stunningly emotional, powerful episode. I'm speechless.
Old 2006-12-09, 13:31   Link #18
AisuruMirai
箱者

Asatte no Houkou。 Episode 8: Asatte no Houkou

I don't like crying in the midst of an episode, b/c I don't like pausing & disrupting the flow. So when this episode ended, I cried harder than I have in years (literally, years). & even just now, flipping through it quickly for a couple of minutes, I cried again at the scene when Karada wakes up to an empty house after her parents' funeral & for the first time meets Hiro, calling him "onii-chan", knowing he's not her brother, knowing that, even so, he is all she has left.

We could have learned of all this before & had our cries over it, but to have it now, only after Karada runs away... So much more...

I love this show.

アイスル未来
Old 2006-12-09, 18:01   Link #19
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Poor Karada I really felt bad for her through out the episode. She is a very positive girl and hard working. No matter what problem she encountered she always said she will do her best. I was a little worried when she met those bad guys but she ran away and hid. Karada was also showed shes very resilent and learns fast. I feel bad for Hiro this is the second time his sister has run away. He came so close to catching up with her only to lose her again on the subway. I was very surprised that they dedicated an entire episode to Karada but i enjoyed it. I think thing are going to get even more interesting now that Karada knows about Hiro and Shouko looks like all the secrets are out of the bag
Old 2006-12-10, 04:33   Link #20
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Awesome, amazing, emotional, and great episode. For once, the anime is miles better than the source manga material. Glad they didn't turn it into a rape/emo fest like the manga and actually had great character development for Karada.

JC Staff has another winner this season.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Closed Thread