Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-30, 01:14   Link #881
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPrincess View Post
Also, wasn't that one an experiment or was it the one that killed Kaien that was the experiment... or both...??
The one which killed Kaien (and his wife) was Mestacia, a hollow which had the ability to absorb shinigami and break zanpakuto (who was later eaten by Aaroneiro)
Old 2010-09-30, 01:38   Link #882
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmeister View Post
The one which killed Kaien (and his wife) was Mestacia, a hollow which had the ability to absorb shinigami and break zanpakuto (who was later eaten by Aaroneiro)
I know who killed who why did everyone Misinterpret me?? Maybe I didn't explain myself right
I was asking which Hollow were Aizens experiment?? Or if it was both of the Hollows that were his experiment?
Thanks for the effort and sorry that I didn't make sense in my last post
Old 2010-09-30, 16:13   Link #883
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPrincess View Post
I know who killed who why did everyone Misinterpret me?? Maybe I didn't explain myself right
I was asking which Hollow were Aizens experiment?? Or if it was both of the Hollows that were his experiment?
Thanks for the effort and sorry that I didn't make sense in my last post
Grand Fisher was experimented upon with his slightly broken arrancarification, but I think his level of awesome (killing loads of good shinigami) was probably assisted/augmented by Aizen's early experiments (like hollows that could hide their reiatsu)
Old 2010-12-02, 01:55   Link #884
Ghuanafein

I'm not sure if anyone has covered this, as I haven't had a chance to read the 800+ posts on here, but going back to who Kurosaki Isshin is: in episode 41,when Rukia, Byakuya, Ukitake, and the others are standing on the bridge after Ganju's failed attempt to rescue Rukia, Captain Ukitake makes the comment about how Ichigo is at least Captain level. He asks Byakuya who Ichigo is and Bykauya says "No Relation. At least, not to the man who just flashed through your mind, my senior." How about this idea? The idea that Ichigo's mother was a Quincy is a very valid option. Say Isshin fell in love with a Quincy, which would be unacceptable by Soul Society's standards, basically an embarrassment to Shinigami everywhere. How does Soul Society deal with embarrassment? They hide it in the dark as though it never happened. I think that Isshin was exiled from Soul Society after it was discovered that he was in love with a Quincy, and all records of him were destroyed and everyone was told that Isshin was never to be spoken of again.....?
Old 2010-12-02, 02:40   Link #885
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghuanafein View Post
I'm not sure if anyone has covered this, as I haven't had a chance to read the 800+ posts on here, but going back to who Kurosaki Isshin is: in episode 41,when Rukia, Byakuya, Ukitake, and the others are standing on the bridge after Ganju's failed attempt to rescue Rukia, Captain Ukitake makes the comment about how Ichigo is at least Captain level. He asks Byakuya who Ichigo is and Bykauya says "No Relation. At least, not to the man who just flashed through your mind, my senior."
I always thought that Byakuya was referring to Kaien (who had been Ukitake's fukutaichou, and who would have therefore been at the forefront of his mind) and who had been a contemporary of Byakuya's (not dying until a while after Byakuya was a taichou)
Old 2010-12-02, 15:48   Link #886
Anubis62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Spoiler for manga:
He all but admits that in the Episode he reveals that he planned Ichigo's Battles...does no one remember Hollow-related info in this forum?
Old 2010-12-04, 23:36   Link #887
ronin myael
lost ronin

i have a question, i've been reviewing some of the old anime episodes and in this episode where isshin dressed as a shinigami stepped in to fight grand fisher, he had a white cloth dangling from his back. i didn't notice it before, i thought it might just be some weird cape or something, but when i saw the episode again i thought it resembled a captain's jacket or whatever they call it. he doesn't really wear it and it's a little torn but the design is similar. or maybe i'm just seeing things. can you tell what it is?
Old 2010-12-05, 02:21   Link #888
Alchemist007
*Author

Not until Kubo tells us.
Old 2010-12-05, 17:23   Link #889
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i have a question, i've been reviewing some of the old anime episodes and in this episode where isshin dressed as a shinigami stepped in to fight grand fisher, he had a white cloth dangling from his back. i didn't notice it before, i thought it might just be some weird cape or something, but when i saw the episode again i thought it resembled a captain's jacket or whatever they call it. he doesn't really wear it and it's a little torn but the design is similar. or maybe i'm just seeing things. can you tell what it is?
It is a part of his haori he always had it.
It was seen already in the fight with Aizen in the anime clearly.
I think if Isshin was a captain then Ichigo will become one too. Tite Kubo loves making there bond stronger.

I wonder what it would be like if Isshin had a hollow mask
Old 2010-12-06, 14:49   Link #890
Anubis62

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
It is a part of his haori he always had it.
It was seen already in the fight with Aizen in the anime clearly.
I think if Isshin was a captain then Ichigo will become one too. Tite Kubo loves making there bond stronger.

I wonder what it would be like if Isshin had a hollow mask
That would be an awkward plot development, I think.
Once everybody starts getting one, it loses all meaning. Of course, Kubo (and almost every other Shounen) has a history of desensitizing us to awesome powers...
Old 2010-12-06, 17:16   Link #891
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis62 View Post
That would be an awkward plot development, I think.
Once everybody starts getting one, it loses all meaning. Of course, Kubo (and almost every other Shounen) has a history of desensitizing us to awesome powers...
The main people who shouldn't have a hollow mask are those who still are tied to Soul Society.

The captains who should have a hollow would be
Kenpachi
Hitsugaya or Hinamori
that's it
Old 2010-12-06, 21:34   Link #892
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
The main people who shouldn't have a hollow mask are those who still are tied to Soul Society.

Kenpachi
Hitsugaya or Hinamori
that's it
hmmm...as far as i can understand from what kubo told us about the hollowfication is either you get experimented on like shinji and the other vizards or you're like ichigo who almost became a hollow while trying to gain shinigami powers after byakuya stripped him of rukia's powers. so for isshin or any of the shinigami to gain hollow masks they would have to subject themselves to the same experimentation, which i doubt they would. kenpachi is much too proud to do that. he's even too proud to acknowledge his zanpakutou. he believes in the power that he has now. hitsugaya, i doubt as well. he's much too straight to try that kind of abomination. he takes pride in being a shinigami and a captain of his squad. he won't allow it. unless both he and zaraki would be forced into it like shinji and the others. hinamori, maybe. she still loves aizen i think. so i think she can be manipulated into doing it.

i'd rather not have any of the shinigami to gain hollow masks. the vizards are special. they are the way they are because of aizen, it was not by their own choosing, ichigo didn't choose that either.

but we're getting off topic, my question is about isshin and his mysterious white cloth. i still couldn't see it clearly though. the design might be similar but i couldn't see any insignia on it so i'm not sure what it is. hopefully kubo will reveal that very soon.
Old 2010-12-06, 21:58   Link #893
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Hitsugaya, i doubt as well. he's much too straight to try that kind of abomination. he takes pride in being a shinigami and a captain of his squad. he won't allow it.
He is not prideful in anyway to Gotei 13 or a captain. Remember the battle against Aizen he said he didn't care if he lost his position on the Gotei 13.
Quote:
I'd rather not have any of the shinigami to gain hollow masks.
I feel the same way that is why I chose Kenpachi too. He is the most likley to gain one as he has nothing stopping him from it
Old 2010-12-06, 23:30   Link #894
ronin myael
lost ronin

hitsugaya is proud. every time someone calls him toshiro or simply hitsugaya he gets affected. he keeps reminding them to call him hitsugaya-taicho. when he said those words to aizen he was full of pride. he wanted to defend hinamori, he was so angry that she got hurt that even if it means losing his position as captain he would kill aizen just to defend her honor and those whom aizen betrayed. he may not say it but his loyalty lies in soul society.

zaraki may have no loyalties but he would not dare subject himself to hollowfication. i could imagine him saying "why the hell would i need to? i can tear down those espada one by one if i want!" and he has a good point. zaraki's potential as a shinigami hasn't even been fully reached. he has yet to use the power of his zanpakutou. up to now he has only relied upon his own raw power, incredible reiatsu and bloodthirst. and yet he is one of the most powerful captains in gotei 13. just imagine how powerful he would become if he became humble enough to listen to his zanpakutou's cry and use it. can you imagine what his shikai would be? how about his bankai? i really don't think he needs another power up. his zanpakutou alone would make him far more powerful than any hollow. leave the hollowfication to the vizards. that's what makes them cool and special. zaraki is special on his own.
Old 2010-12-06, 23:52   Link #895
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
hitsugaya is proud. every time someone calls him toshiro or simply hitsugaya he gets affected. he keeps reminding them to call him hitsugaya-taicho. when he said those words to aizen he was full of pride. he wanted to defend hinamori, he was so angry that she got hurt that even if it means losing his position as captain he would kill aizen just to defend her honor and those whom aizen betrayed. he may not say it but his loyalty lies in soul society.

zaraki may have no loyalties but he would not dare subject himself to hollowfication. i could imagine him saying "why the hell would i need to? i can tear down those espada one by one if i want!" and he has a good point. zaraki's potential as a shinigami hasn't even been fully reached. he has yet to use the power of his zanpakutou. up to now he has only relied upon his own raw power, incredible reiatsu and bloodthirst. and yet he is one of the most powerful captains in gotei 13. just imagine how powerful he would become if he became humble enough to listen to his zanpakutou's cry and use it. can you imagine what his shikai would be? how about his bankai? i really don't think he needs another power up. his zanpakutou alone would make him far more powerful than any hollow. leave the hollowfication to the vizards. that's what makes them cool and special. zaraki is special on his own.

I don't know about Zaraki , but Hitsugaya is debatable.
I find him wanting to be callled Captain is merely respect. Yes he loves Momo but loves her more than being a captain

Thinking on Ishhin I would love if he was a cpatian, but Tite Kubo would do well since he is connecting Ichigo if Ishhin was a vizard then Ichigo become captain
Old 2010-12-07, 00:58   Link #896
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
I don't know about Zaraki , but Hitsugaya is debatable.
I find him wanting to be callled Captain is merely respect. Yes he loves Momo but loves her more than being a captain

Thinking on Ishhin I would love if he was a cpatian, but Tite Kubo would do well since he is connecting Ichigo if Ishhin was a vizard then Ichigo become captain
i still refuse to believe that hitsugaya would consider becoming a vizard. he's a good kid and he knows his potential quite well. i doubt he desires greater power. like zaraki his potential is immeasurable. he is young and a genius to boot. his hyourinmaru is one of the most powerful zanpakutou in all of soul society. as he matures his power grows exponentially. why would he want to become a vizard? what makes you think that he would even remotely consider of becoming one anyway?

tousen wished for that power because he was drunk with revenge. he was as blind to the truth as he was blind himself. none of the vizards wished for their predicament. if not for urahara's intervention they would have become fully formed hollows and maybe died painful deaths at the hands of their own comrades. ichigo certainly never wished for it. it's a volatile power that couldn't easily be tempered. there are risks involved. every time you tap into that power the more you become more like a hollow. would you want that for yourself? i doubt it.

as for isshin, i don't think he will become a vizard nor he is one. vizards are born due to some special circumstances, they are made, not everyone has an inner vizard in them. i'm guessing that isshin might have been a captain who was promoted to a higher rank, perhaps the royal guard. then maybe something happened while he was protecting the soul king and he ended up on earth, powerless.
Old 2010-12-07, 05:48   Link #897
Aqua Knight

Quote:

Kenpachi
Hitsugaya or Hinamori
that's it

What the heck are you saying?
Old 2010-12-07, 07:40   Link #898
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
i still refuse to believe that hitsugaya would consider becoming a vizard. he's a good kid and he knows his potential quite well. i doubt he desires greater power. like zaraki his potential is immeasurable. he is young and a genius to boot. his hyourinmaru is one of the most powerful zanpakutou in all of soul society. as he matures his power grows exponentially. why would he want to become a vizard? what makes you think that he would even remotely consider of becoming one anyway?

tousen wished for that power because he was drunk with revenge. he was as blind to the truth as he was blind himself. none of the vizards wished for their predicament. if not for urahara's intervention they would have become fully formed hollows and maybe died painful deaths at the hands of their own comrades. ichigo certainly never wished for it. it's a volatile power that couldn't easily be tempered. there are risks involved. every time you tap into that power the more you become more like a hollow. would you want that for yourself? i doubt it.

as for isshin, i don't think he will become a vizard nor he is one. vizards are born due to some special circumstances, they are made, not everyone has an inner vizard in them. i'm guessing that isshin might have been a captain who was promoted to a higher rank, perhaps the royal guard. then maybe something happened while he was protecting the soul king and he ended up on earth, powerless.
Isshin's power would do something with Mugetsu as we have found that it would be a reason for him loosing his powers.
I just thought Ishhin would be one since his son was one too and Kubo has been making a lot of connections there.

I know not every body has a hollow I based this on who is loyalist to the soul society and Hitsugaya, Hina, and Ken just happened to be people who had other concerns beyond that. I was defiantly sure Hinamori would become one, Kenpachi was overpowered, but a hollow mask would be a nice touch, but un realistic.
Hitsugaya doesn't know much about vizards but when he saw the vizards before he seemed like one he would want that type of power.
Old 2010-12-07, 08:52   Link #899
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Isshin's power would do something with Mugetsu as we have found that it would be a reason for him loosing his powers.
I just thought Ishhin would be one since his son was one too and Kubo has been making a lot of connections there.

I know not every body has a hollow I based this on who is loyalist to the soul society and Hitsugaya, Hina, and Ken just happened to be people who had other concerns beyond that. I was defiantly sure Hinamori would become one, Kenpachi was overpowered, but a hollow mask would be a nice touch, but un realistic.
Hitsugaya doesn't know much about vizards but when he saw the vizards before he seemed like one he would want that type of power.
ah, but you're drawing unnecessary parallels between the two characters. ichigo and isshin may have similar zanpakutou powers but that doesn't mean they also share the same hollow powers. ichigo became a vizard by accident. he almost became a hollow when he tried to recover his shinigami powers, remember? the mask never left him since. but before that happened he carried no mask. he was just some human who suddenly gained shinigami powers. he was talented but he had no inner hollow, not yet.

isshin was probably born a shinigami, judging from his incredible reiatsu. i won't be surprised if he belonged to a noble family like the kuchiki or maybe even related to the shiba clan. they were once a noble family who fell into ruin. when it was revealed that isshin is also a shinigami, ichigo's ridiculously inhuman powers began to make sense. he is half shinigami, after all. and because ichigo inherited most of his powers from his father, it explains why they have similar zanpakutou. also, if the kurosaki are indeed related to the shiba, then that would explain ichigo's resemblance to kaien. but that's just mere speculation at this point.
Old 2010-12-07, 18:23   Link #900
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
ah, but you're drawing unnecessary parallels between the two characters. ichigo and isshin may have similar zanpakutou powers but that doesn't mean they also share the same hollow powers. ichigo became a vizard by accident. he almost became a hollow when he tried to recover his shinigami powers, remember? the mask never left him since. but before that happened he carried no mask. he was just some human who suddenly gained shinigami powers. he was talented but he had no inner hollow, not yet.

isshin was probably born a shinigami, judging from his incredible reiatsu. i won't be surprised if he belonged to a noble family like the kuchiki or maybe even related to the shiba clan. they were once a noble family who fell into ruin. when it was revealed that isshin is also a shinigami, ichigo's ridiculously inhuman powers began to make sense. he is half shinigami, after all. and because ichigo inherited most of his powers from his father, it explains why they have similar zanpakutou. also, if the kurosaki are indeed related to the shiba, then that would explain ichigo's resemblance to kaien. but that's just mere speculation at this point.
I think it is easy to see Isshin was once a captain, but somehow I got this feeling that he was a substitute shinigami before that and died then becoming a shinigami. If Isshin was a substitute it explains how he knows Urahara and Ryuken, but most defiantly Ryuken. That is why I think Ichigo will go through the same thing now as Isshin.
Spoiler for Manga:

Isshin was most likely kicked out for wanting to marry Masaki when marriage wasn't allowed in Soul Society and he could have met her as a substitute and was just now getting in trouble for it.
Spoiler for Manga:

Spoiler for Manga Other option: