Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-01-08, 14:55   Link #721
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
If that was the future, then present time Houmura wouldn't show any recognition/concern towards Madoka. Since she did, it can't simply be some images in Madoka's head as Houmura would hold no attachment to Madoka in present. I am not sure why you are fixating on the paradox idea specifically here, especially since it's but one among half a dozen speculated outcomes of time travel, especially since little actually suggests time travel.

And if full powered Houmura inserted herself in to another timeline, it again is impossible for her to cause a paradox regarding herself, because her origin isn't tied to this specific timeline, thus she can have all the bunny hunting she wants. Fun with parallel universes
Temporal paradox is used in anime along with multiple time line. We just had a series using temporal paradox (Occult Academy).

It's only the first ep. It's not like we're expected to have all the answers here.

I did a lot of rewrites to explain it better. Full powered Homura was taken out of that post. She prob has a reason in all timelines to kill Kyube. The ones that have Madoka preventing it are the ones that have a chance to work.
Old 2011-01-08, 14:57   Link #722
justavisitor

my first impression after the episode 1 is: Too deep!!! XD

I never see any other materials related to this anime. Are there other related-products I am supposed to know before watching this show??

I will probably keep watching, but right now I have many ??? in my head

Generally, the cute animals in 99% of the magical girl series are supposed to be on the good side...but for some reason I have my doubt in this one
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 15:08   Link #723
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Generally, the cute animals in 99% of the magical girl series are supposed to be on the good side...but for some reason I have my doubt in this one
I got that same doubt as well. Mainly because Akemi didn't seem bad in that dream sequence at the beginning of the episode. Assuming she isn't a villian, what reason does she have for chasing that animal? Something seems off to me about that.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 15:16   Link #724
justavisitor

and plus that animal doesn't need to move its lip to speak, so it can always keep a perfect smiley face...it's so weird XD and kind of give me a chill for some reason
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2011-01-08, 15:17   Link #725
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Temporal paradox is used in anime along with multiple time line. We just had a series using temporal paradox (Occult Academy).
Then they used it incorrectly. Temporal paradox and Multiple Timelines are mutually exclusive concepts, because temporal paradox can only exist in a single timeline - the very existence of several parallel timelines render the concept moot, the two can't coexist. Multiple timelines is the antithesis of temporal paradox, which requires a single timeline to take place
Old 2011-01-08, 15:18   Link #726
Random Wanderer

Quote:
I never see any other materials related to this anime. Are there other related-products I am supposed to know before watching this show??
No, this is an anime-first project. Anything that seems deep and unexplained to you is most likely because it's MEANT to be deep and unexplained.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 15:18   Link #727
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Nope,the only thing anyone can do is guess,that's what makes it fun!

edit:Random Wanderer beat me to it!
Old 2011-01-08, 15:28   Link #728
justavisitor

@Random Wanderer and totoum

Thanks!! that makes me feel so much better...I was even more confused when I read the term "Temporal paradox" here (no offense to anyone but I was really in a state of shock when I just came here)...Glad to know we are basically on the same starting line XD
Old 2011-01-08, 15:41   Link #729
Random Wanderer

Quote:
@Random Wanderer and totoum

Thanks!! that makes me feel so much better...I was even more confused when I read the term "Temporal paradox" here (no offense to anyone but I was really in a state of shock when I just came here)...Glad to know we are basically on the same starting line XD
Yeah, no one here really knows what's going on, but we've got lots of people with overactive imaginations who really enjoy trying to guess.
Old 2011-01-08, 16:01   Link #730
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Yeah, no one here really knows what's going on, but we've got lots of people with overactive imaginations who really enjoy trying to guess.
It happens most of the time for me people who just recently started watching the very first episode trying to find out the entire meaning of the anime and where it's going to go in the future with more episodes.
Old 2011-01-08, 16:30   Link #731
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Me take it that you missed the Sora no Woto train?
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 17:34   Link #732
Fishbait

Quote:

That's what the internet is for.

I think putting aside the time problems, the biggest concern is should Kyuubey be trusted....
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 18:41   Link #733
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Or heck, this world might even be Madoka's creation in an attempt to start over, depending how her attempt to "change it all", implied in the dream sequence, went.
That was actually my first thought. In that sense, waking up from the dream wouldn't really be just waking up, but actually the direct consequence of what happened in that scene. That was her answer. The world changed the instant she responded.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 20:22   Link #734
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut View Post
Besides all the other noteably awesomeness, did anyone else melt at the sound of Madoka's little brother's voice? Normally I hate little kids, but that was just darling!
The sad thing is (s)he's not credited anywhere! At first I thought it was Kugimiya Rie, but now I'm thinking it's Nakahara Mai. The voice isn't listed neither on the official page nor in the episode. Strange.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 20:33   Link #735
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
The sad thing is (s)he's not credited anywhere! At first I thought it was Kugimiya Rie, but now I'm thinking it's Nakahara Mai. The voice isn't listed neither on the official page nor in the episode. Strange.
They got her parents... But not her little brother yet that is strange.
Old 2011-01-08, 20:45   Link #736
tsunade666

maybe it's just some nobody? or they forgot to include the cast behind the little brother? because for me....... his just a baby -_-
Old 2011-01-08, 20:49   Link #737
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

If Kyuubey is evil, I'll eat my own toe scab.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 21:22   Link #738
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
If Kyuubey is evil, I'll eat my own toe scab.
That may be a foolish promise to make at this point. Not to mention disgusting. We lack far too much information.

Even if he isn't evil, I do predict there will be serious consequences to becoming a magical girl that he either won't warn them about, or won't warn them about strongly enough. Kind of like Nagi from Mai-HiME, with his warning of "You must be willing to sacrifice the thing that's most important to you."
Old 2011-01-08, 21:24   Link #739
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
That may be a foolish promise to make at this point. Not to mention disgusting. We lack far too much information.

Even if he isn't evil, I do predict there will be serious consequences to becoming a magical girl that he either won't warn them about, or won't warn them about strongly enough. Kind of like Nagi from Mai-HiME, with his warning of "You must be willing to sacrifice the thing that's most important to you."
Oh I'm sure Kyuubey will not turn out to be evil...... Uhhh... He did grant them one wish and they will become magical girls but we will just have to wait until the next episode to see if there is anything else to this contract... One wish can come with a very heavy price.
Old 2011-01-08, 21:31   Link #740
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Oh I'm sure Kyuubey will not turn out to be evil...... Uhhh... He did grant them one wish and they will become magical girls but we will just have to wait until the next episode to see if there is anything else to this contract... One wish can come with a very heavy price.
Well, something is up. Either that dream sequence is misleading, or Homura is an anti-hero type character. Because if she was good she wouldn't have a reason to hunt him. Of course, this could be a misunderstanding, but I doubt it since it seemed like she had an idea of what Kyuube was.

At any rate, this is what I'm looking forward to next episode.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen