AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-09, 16:07   Link #261
FuzzyWuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
The sad part about this is that Fatina's character is more shallow,boring,generic then kaaya's character will ever be. there's nothing fresh, new or unique about fatina's character
muahahaha the irony.....
All the characters are actually pretty straight forward. Fatina's character doesn't have any background story or any goals atm so her character is shallow. If she gets a goal like killing Neeba then she won't be shallow anymore.

Edit: Opps sorry, double post. I thought I edited it.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 16:11   Link #262
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
The sad part about this is that Fatina's character is more shallow,boring,generic then kaaya's character will ever be. there's nothing fresh, new or unique about fatina's character
muahahaha the irony.....
Well that is what people over that side think

Ironically I should be standing where you are under normal circumstances (since I am fond of the silent, deep and tragic types over hyperactive girls) but for some reason Fatina's character wins me over this time and it has nothing to do with the seiyuu's reputation though it does fit her.

Though I disagree that Fatina is shallow (and that is even harder to look for than Kayaa's "deepness" that is so obvious).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 16:30   Link #263
Voitan

Quote:
muahahaha the irony.....
Fatina? Boring, shallow, and generic?

Really now?

She's a brave girl trying to keep it together after a crushing betrayal and is trying her best to support a comrade who suffered through the same trials as she did.

A LOYAL friend that Jil can depend on and not expect to be betrayed by.
Voitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 17:26   Link #264
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah , we all already know it will end up Jil x Kayaa , Jil didn't forget her , and the op , ed clarify it .

But i still hope Fatina x Jil
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 17:39   Link #265
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voitan View Post
A LOYAL friend that Jil can depend on and not expect to be betrayed by.
You say this as if you know the story. If Neeba asks Fatina to come back to his side, even if she knows he's just using her, do you honestly think she won't have second thoughts about going back to him?
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 17:43   Link #266
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
You say this as if you know the story. If Neeba asks Fatina to come back to his side, even if she knows he's just using her, do you honestly think she won't have second thoughts about going back to him?
I believe she will. She isn't as weak as you're making her out to be. She shown that in this first episode.
Old 2009-01-09, 18:14   Link #267
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
I believe she will. She isn't as weak as you're making her out to be. She shown that in this first episode.
I'm not saying she is weak, but she is definitely affected and still harbors feelings for Neeba. I interpreted what Voitan said as "Unlike Kaaya, there is absolutely NO way Fatina will betray Jil". I was merely stating the fact that there is a possibility she might go back to Neeba if he entices her with something(love, money, whatever), even if he's lying. I actually hope he's right, and Fatina doesn't betray Jil(harboring the feeling to go back to Neeba might make it more interesting though) since I'm a Jilfatina fan, but I'm not gonna disregard the possibility of it happening, esp since they are still sulking about it 1/2 yr later.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 18:33   Link #268
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

I think until this series is over with I'm going to exit out of this thread. It's a shame that the finale made people jump down Kaaya's throat like this when it's only the first ep of the second season. I won't be looking at Fatina's actions towards Jil. I'm going to be looking at Jil's actions towards Fatina to see if there will be an Jil x Fatina outcome. Just like in macross we spent so much time on trying to figure out the girls that we left the most important element out... the male whom is the center of all this.

I believe Jil hasn't gotten over Kaaya and actually still loves Kaaya (her as well), so whatever Fatina does I won't go "woooo Fatina did it!" I want to see Jil show the same effort as well.

I learned my lesson from Lulu x Kallen... how Kallen tried (AND kept giving up... ugh) and he didn't even TRY to make a move when he had the chance...

So good luck to everyone, have a nice day. I shall head over to my Casshern x Lyuze stuff ;D
Old 2009-01-09, 19:00   Link #269
Boduar

TBH we still do not know exactly what Neeba and Kaaya's goals are. For all we know it could be the same as (lol sad to use this example but) LOTR when frodo and sam take off from the rest of the company (after boromir dies ... poor ahmey) ... they leave and nobody really knew why they left other than aragorn but Frodo at least knew he had to go and Sam knew he had to go with him. Therefore we dont know if Neeba and Kaaya are doing this for evil reasons or good reasons that seem evil(but are really just trying to distance friends from a very possible suicide mission but one that must be attempted). Anyway this really does seem like it could possibly follow the LOTR plot in that way but only time will tell what this is all about and who is right and who is wrong.

Edit: My entire point was it may not be bad if when Neeba asks for Fatinas help that she will help him ... who knows it might save the vision that Kai had from coming to pass (after all Neeba + kaaya were both dead).

P.S. when the hell is this going to get moved to a different forum lol.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 20:10   Link #270
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boduar View Post
TBH we still do not know exactly what Neeba and Kaaya's goals are. For all we know it could be the same as (lol sad to use this example but) LOTR when frodo and sam take off from the rest of the company (after boromir dies ... poor ahmey) ... they leave and nobody really knew why they left other than aragorn but Frodo at least knew he had to go and Sam knew he had to go with him. Therefore we dont know if Neeba and Kaaya are doing this for evil reasons or good reasons that seem evil(but are really just trying to distance friends from a very possible suicide mission but one that must be attempted). Anyway this really does seem like it could possibly follow the LOTR plot in that way but only time will tell what this is all about and who is right and who is wrong.
The problem with Neeba is not really what he did so much as the way he did it. He may very well have a good reason, but he was a total asshole about it. Kaaya was practically crying, but Neeba had that evil mastermind look on his face when he left.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 21:27   Link #271
TrueKnight

Hilarious and delicious 1st ep, a decent set up for the rest of the series.

Man Jil lives like a bum. Funny to see how Fatina is actually babysitting Jil the whole 6 months like a wife and wanted to start over with him. I LOL'ed hard at the crappy drama thing, the man and woman left their respective lover to be together, a funny pararel for Jil x Kaaya and Neeba x Fatina. Well even though Fatina digs at Jil, and overall she's cute, attractive and positive thinking, I'm still rooting for Jil x Kaaya, but not more for Neeba x Fatina. Fatina's too good for him, but probably they'll end up together again anyways.

They introduce Kai who's capable becoming a loli, who seems like Kaaya's sister or something?

Goddamn Kelb I hope you make a badass comeback later on and with Etana decide to join Jil and the gang climbing up. Kelb's just seems wasted settling rather kicking some serious ass. But the bestpart in the entire episode is gotta be Utu being Captain Morrow, fucking hilarious.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 21:42   Link #272
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Hilarious and delicious 1st ep, a decent set up for the rest of the series.

Man Jil lives like a bum. Funny to see how Fatina is actually babysitting Jil the whole 6 months like a wife and wanted to start over with him. I LOL'ed hard at the crappy drama thing, the man and woman left their respective lover to be together, a funny pararel for Jil x Kaaya and Neeba x Fatina. Well even though Fatina digs at Jil, and overall she's cute, attractive and positive thinking, I'm still rooting for Jil x Kaaya, but not more for Neeba x Fatina. Fatina's too good for him, but probably they'll end up together again anyways.
there is always utu, they can go back to his hometown to get married.

Quote:
They introduce Kai who's capable becoming a loli, who seems like Kaaya's sister or something?
that is Ki form season1, for some reason they change the spelling.
Old 2009-01-09, 22:55   Link #273
Voitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
You're reading a lot more into my line.

It goes without saying that Fatina has been proven to be a loyal comrade thus far.

It can always be argued that anything can happen in the future, but if we are to evaluate Fatina, she's a loyal friend.

Unless you like to take into account POSSIBLE future events as evidence of a character's deficiencies.
Voitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 00:19   Link #274
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
that is Ki form season1, for some reason they change the spelling.
To be fair, it's "A girl who calls herself Ki/Kai" according to the official site.

And you could probably have a spelling war as long as this shipping war has gone on between Kai and Ki since, in Japanese, the name Ki (as a goddess) is written as just キ. Yes, Kai is meant to be the character Ki, but it is written differently. All of the names are slightly mangled versions of their real equivalents in Japanese.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 01:42   Link #275
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
To be fair, it's "A girl who calls herself Ki/Kai" according to the official site.

And you could probably have a spelling war as long as this shipping war has gone on between Kai and Ki since, in Japanese, the name Ki (as a goddess) is written as just キ. Yes, Kai is meant to be the character Ki, but it is written differently. All of the names are slightly mangled versions of their real equivalents in Japanese.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Quest_of_Ki

The third game in the Druaga series (which this anime is based off of) says the official spelling is Ki.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 02:12   Link #276
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Quest_of_Ki

The third game in the Druaga series (which this anime is based off of) says the official spelling is Ki.
And all your base are belong to us. You really trust a Japanese company to properly romanize the name in the 80s? The Japanese wikipedia entry for the series indicates that all of the names are supposed to be butchered versions of their correct names. "Her name originates from the Mesopotamian Goddess of the Earth Ki". There are many reasons to believe that it is an engrish error that was never corrected because it wasn't entirely wrong.
Old 2009-01-10, 02:33   Link #277
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
And all your base are belong to us. You really trust a Japanese company to properly romanize the name in the 80s? The Japanese wikipedia entry for the series indicates that all of the names are supposed to be butchered versions of their correct names. "Her name originates from the Mesopotamian Goddess of the Earth Ki". There are many reasons to believe that it is an engrish error that was never corrected because it wasn't entirely wrong.
I like how you use "All your base are belong to us" as an example when that was the result of a rushed translation by Europeans.

Fine then, by your logic it's Girugames and Ishiter and not Gilgamesh and Ishtar.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 06:03   Link #278
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

I just realised that with Kelb now running an restaurant that Jil's living in (an Inn?) he can fulfil another part of his dream sequence from the first season, when the badass innkeeper saves him.

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Sleepy Speculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 11:02   Link #279
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

I really hated her back then, but goddammit! After finally watching episode one I can say that it completely redeemed all of Fatima's bitchiness in the first season. She is really cute when she is not being a shallow fangirl.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 16:29   Link #280
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Fine then, by your logic it's Girugames and Ishiter and not Gilgamesh and Ishtar.
The equivalents would probably be Ishitar (JP: Ishitaa vs Ishutaru [change 1 vowel accent and slightly softer r]) and Gilgamess (JP: Girugamesu vs Girugamesshu [basically drops the h sound]). The hard part is replicating these modifications in English. The real issue with Kai is it isn't even pronounced Kai, but more like Ka'ye which presents a different set of issues.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, gonzo, rpg