AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-08-15, 12:11   Link #2241
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leinne View Post
but the staff is just two people, but I think they're doing fine
We also are only 2 people. I'm doing scripts, translating and photoshopping, and my fellow partner is doing translating and spellcheck.
Oh and promising beta testers. One of them is actually trying to make a new scripter or something.. For the non ASCI characters (şığüçö etc.)

It's doable with enough dedication! ^^ Spanish are doing well as far as I can understand with my limited (none?) spanish.

If anyone manages to find other 2 groups, please PM their website to me. ^^
Skullchukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 15:37   Link #2242
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

A friend of mine was wondering if anybody had the file names for the music and sound effect files in Episode 5 yet. Also a screenshot of both folders (music and sound effects).

Quote:
I'll need a list, as well as a screencap of the insides of those two folders, since I will need the sizes to figure out which files need to be renamed.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 15:55   Link #2243
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
A friend of mine was wondering if anybody had the file names for the music and sound effect files in Episode 5 yet. Also a screenshot of both folders (music and sound effects).
I do recall that you can use the 'nsaout.exe' that's been floating around the Internets, to extract the music and sound effect files.
Just waiting for my copy of Chiru to come along. (T_T)
blaze0041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 15:59   Link #2244
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
I do recall that you can use the 'nsaout.exe' that's been floating around the Internets, to extract the music and sound effect files.
FYI, some virus scans mark this as a trojan, when it's a false positive. Just a little heads up (I found that out today)
Old 2009-08-15, 16:11   Link #2245
Auria

Yes, mine marks it as a virus as well (I mentioned it in the thread) but nevertheless, it works, but on my computer it's really buggy.

Since I want to play ep 5 in japanese and probably'll need to look up some kanji, I wanted to extract the script from ep 4 (arc.nsa) as a test, so nsdec worked and everything, but when it was done, there was no results data. I got the same problem with nsaout.exe, the files weren't there, not hidden, not indicated, but somehow I could access them with sony vegas (a video editing programm) in the explorer. I could copy them easily since there were in folders, but now the result.txt data is standalone and my vegas crashes everytime I try to click on it. Any ideas what could be helpful?
Auria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 16:13   Link #2246
Midori_Eggs
Magical Gohda Chef~!

I finally got my previous problem solved and I already started the game. Now I have another problem: After the very first conversation between Kinzo and Nanjo ends, the screen turns black and keeps replaying the song that starts after their conversation ended. Can someone please help me?
Sorry if this has already been answered ^^;
Midori_Eggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 16:14   Link #2247
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Wait, nsaout extracts the script as well as the images?
Old 2009-08-15, 16:20   Link #2248
Auria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hareoic View Post
Wait, nsaout extracts the script as well as the images?
When I tried it it only extracted the images.. o_O I haven't seen a script at all.. (otherwise I wouldn't have a problem yet, but maybe I've overlooked it.. T_T)
Auria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 16:23   Link #2249
Hareoic
There will be burgers

No, I mean are you sure it doesn't just extract the images?
Old 2009-08-15, 16:28   Link #2250
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
nsaout doesn't extract the script. nsdec does.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 17:43   Link #2251
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

So, Episode 5 translation is like 200% finished already, right? xP
Old 2009-08-16, 08:50   Link #2252
GODDAMN_ANIMES

first post
first post
yadda
yadda
yadda

anyways, I just purchased episode 4, and am having the obligatory tech support style that any import seems to shoulder on themselves, like odd smelling cheese with an odd smelling backpacker. It's the installation problem that is promptly addressed on page 2, if I'm correct. The installer stops because all Japanese characters are being displayed as gibberish/question marks. Since Applocale was deemed a viable option, I chose to use that, instead of tricking my computer-bot into thinking it's in the far side of the pacific. It worked fine for the demo, but I can't get the full game working. Why? Applocale seems to be able to launch the launcher, as evidenced by actual characters coming up instead of kanji, but the installer (marked in the folder as instsub.exe) reverts back to nonsense. Adding to these woes is the fact that, whenever I try to launch instsub.exe in applocale, I get an error message asking me to make sure what I input was a valid application.

To make a long message short, how do I make applocale run the installer?

EDIT: oh wait... It was the thread for EPISODE 2, page twelve

Last edited by GODDAMN_ANIMES; 2009-08-16 at 09:17.
GODDAMN_ANIMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 08:54   Link #2253
MarthX

You should just switch your non unicode to Japanese. Doing so barely affects your computer. It only affects non unicode programs and most programs are unicode.
MarthX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 09:11   Link #2254
BLambda

Don't know if it goes here, but still. Checked Witch-Hunt site today and saw a couple of generic ads banners. Were they always there? Are admins aware?
BLambda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 17:25   Link #2255
pariah164
Stand By, Ready, Set Up

Send a message via AIM to pariah164 Send a message via MSN to pariah164 Send a message via Yahoo to pariah164
Ep 5~ I can't wait. Thanks for your hard work on Episode 1-4.
pariah164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 18:15   Link #2256
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
What about the Higurashi box set banner at the bottom of the site?
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 18:15   Link #2257
Ace of Dragons
AKA Squirrel

I only saw adverts for the Umineko DVD and Higurashi box set (Descriptions of curse killings and gruesome murders don't go well with a cat-eared Rika and dog-eared Satoko in Angel Mort outfits....).

EDIT: The 'Getting Started' page and 'Contact Us' pages have generic, non-When They Cry adverts.
Old 2009-08-16, 18:36   Link #2258
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Apparently they exist and I just can't see them because I don't believe in advertisements

(read: because they're blocked)
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 02:23   Link #2259
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
I'll need a list, as well as a screencap of the insides of those two folders, since I will need the sizes to figure out which files need to be renamed.
Got the BGMs up...
Spoiler for BGM Listing:

EDIT: Actually, I have a question myself: Where are the save files stored for the Umineko games? When the time comes to upgrade to Windows 7, I don't want to lose my save files (currently using XP) and I also want to back them up in case something happens before then...

Last edited by blaze0041; 2009-08-17 at 02:30. Reason: Added a question.
blaze0041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 02:40   Link #2260
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post

EDIT: Actually, I have a question myself: Where are the save files stored for the Umineko games? When the time comes to upgrade to Windows 7, I don't want to lose my save files (currently using XP) and I also want to back them up in case something happens before then...
It's saved at the folder where you installed the game. savex.dat (x is numbers)

Tags
translation