AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-07-06, 15:14   Link #8101
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangaf_cksdotcom View Post
ok..
-did she seriously intend to cut off ties with Haruto completely? (first break up)

and i might add...

or she just wanted to finish her "mission" with kazama, then return to haruto?
She never intended to return to Haruto. It was just by chance that they met again.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 15:44   Link #8102
Shadow5YA

Eba never had the confidence to go back to Haruto after she decided to break up with him whether Kazama was alive or dead. It's always Haruto who makes the move. Eba may have charmed him, but Haruto is the one who always seals the deal. For some reason, the only time when Haruto isn't indecisive is when he wants Eba.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 16:29   Link #8103
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
I can't stand Takashi being the only guy around the girls.
Spin-off harem manga?

Make it happen Seo!
Old 2011-07-06, 22:55   Link #8104
mangaf_cksdotcom

After the "we shouldn't see each other" and the "ok" from Haruto, it serves as their closure and to move on... the mixer was a coincidence, and it has been 2 years after their closure...

if Eba didn't want to come back to Haruto, why did she show up in the store where haruto works (few times)? why did she offer her phone number? why didn't she refuse to go to Hiroshima even if it was his brother's or Rin's idea? why did she try so hard to be alone with haruto with the sole intention of confessing?

for 2 years, she did not move on... dating Kazama out of sympathy then die would be about a year... you think she can move on within a year?

i reread chapter 120 again, and it was very useful... oh, and nanami was still into cooking/making side dishes... maybe a future partnership with haruto's restaurant?

Last edited by mangaf_cksdotcom; 2011-07-06 at 22:58. Reason: restauran = restaurant
mangaf_cksdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 22:58   Link #8105
Bigspeed

Quote:
After the "we shouldn't see each other" and the "ok" from Haruto, it serves as their closure and to move on... the mixer was a coincidence, and it has been 2 years after their closure...

if Eba didn't want to come back to Haruto, why did she show up in the store where haruto works (few times)? why did she offer her phone number? why didn't she refuse to go to Hiroshima even if it was his brother's or Rin's idea? why did she try so hard to be alone with haruto and confess?

for 2 years, she did not move on... dating Kazama out of sympathy then die would be about a year... you think she can move on within a year?

i reread chapter 120 again, and it was very useful... oh, and nanami was still into cooking/making side dishes... maybe a future partnership with haruto's restauran?
They werent thinking of each other but they became friends again after meeting a view times coincidentally i think then it kept moving forward from there.
Bigspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 01:35   Link #8106
mangaf_cksdotcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigspeed View Post
They werent thinking of each other but they became friends again after meeting a view times coincidentally i think then it kept moving forward from there.
why can't people admit she didn't move on? it's clear that Eba has a stronger feelings for haruto that's why she confessed... on the other hand, haruto's feelings are swayed everytime like when:

-Eba told him to fall in love with her and "i like you haruto-kun", (chapter 4) he realized then that she's cute
-Eba suddenly kissed him, (chapter 6 and 7) haruto was cautious about her "plan"
-eba showing her nape, glasses, collar bone, trying get haruto's attention..(chapter 14)
-when nanami confessed to him even he has lingering feelings for eba. Haruto would've accepted her if he didn't saw the letter. (chapter 75)
-when nanami and kiyomi recommended asuka... he's been thinking of Asuka (late part of tokyo arc and hiroshima visit)
-Asuka confessed what she feels... he instantly gave his answer after that "lot of thinking" (chapter 106)
-takashi told him "right now, you love asuka-chan more than you think" (chapter 120) he said to asuka "i really do love you"
-when Rin brought up Eba...(college arc)..now he's thinking about eba..
-eba confessed (chap 137) - then "im sorry, i found a girl i like" - instant turn around
-he felt sorry for asuka, but can't explain, or rather explaining would hurt her more... he disappointed his friends' expectations that "he truly loves asuka, but not"...he felt down and guilty.... but when eba told him "it's ok, no matter how much im hated, as long as im with the person i love", he forgot everything and "hell yeah, me too"...
-Shiori lectured him and how natural it is that they'll get angry with him, "you reap what u sow", he admitted and was guilty... but when shiori said "for what it's worth, i dont think what u did was wrong"- then he goes "hell yeah, im not wrong"... who cares, i have eba...

it's like his mind is messed up, no fixed mindset... what he wanted to hear becomes the right decision... but for eba, she already wanted Haruto from the start..
Old 2011-07-07, 02:42   Link #8107
Bigspeed

Quote:
why can't people admit she didn't move on? it's clear that Eba has a stronger feelings for haruto that's why she confessed... on the other hand, haruto's feelings are swayed everytime like when:

-Eba told him to fall in love with her and "i like you haruto-kun", (chapter 4) he realized then that she's cute
-Eba suddenly kissed him, (chapter 6 and 7) haruto was cautious about her "plan"
-eba showing her nape, glasses, collar bone, trying get haruto's attention..(chapter 14)
-when nanami confessed to him even he has lingering feelings for eba. Haruto would've accepted her if he didn't saw the letter. (chapter 75)
-when nanami and kiyomi recommended asuka... he's been thinking of Asuka (late part of tokyo arc and hiroshima visit)
-Asuka confessed what she feels... he instantly gave his answer after that "lot of thinking" (chapter 106)
-takashi told him "right now, you love asuka-chan more than you think" (chapter 120) he said to asuka "i really do love you"
-when Rin brought up Eba...(college arc)..now he's thinking about eba..
-eba confessed (chap 137) - then "im sorry, i found a girl i like" - instant turn around
-he felt sorry for asuka, but can't explain, or rather explaining would hurt her more... he disappointed his friends' expectations that "he truly loves asuka, but not"...he felt down and guilty.... but when eba told him "it's ok, no matter how much im hated, as long as im with the person i love", he forgot everything and "hell yeah, me too"...
-Shiori lectured him and how natural it is that they'll get angry with him, "you reap what u sow", he admitted and was guilty... but when shiori said "for what it's worth, i dont think what u did was wrong"- then he goes "hell yeah, im not wrong"... who cares, i have eba...

it's like his mind is messed up, no fixed mindset... what he wanted to hear becomes the right decision... but for eba, she already wanted Haruto from the start..
personally i think its the other way, i think Haruto never got over Eba he was just influenced by some of the situations you pointed out that lead him thinking to be in love with asuka, and he was but not to the same extent as Eba.

I think it was Eba who tried to move on during the tokyo arc and after biker boys death and she was really would have if she had met a guy in those two years, it just turned out that after 2 years apart and no new relationships she began to fall back in love with Haruto. though I'm just assuming she hasn't had a boyfriend but it seems likely.
Old 2011-07-07, 03:21   Link #8108
mangaf_cksdotcom

she never mentioned there was another guy except for Kazama, who she dated because she think it was her turn to support him...

now that she's with haruto, she didnt care what others think.
but when she prioritized kazama, did she also care what haruto and other people think?
Old 2011-07-07, 04:22   Link #8109
Bigspeed

Hmm, I think she probably cared a bit, She wasn't in love with Kazama, or it seems so anyways, Yeah I think she cared what Haruto thought about it because if not she wouldnt have lied to him about why they broke up. She was just resolute in staying with Kazama until death.
Old 2011-07-07, 06:12   Link #8110
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I don't think either character cares what anyone else really thinks about them. They've shown that throughout the manga that they'll do what they want, regardless of what their friends may think. Haruto especially. I find it funny that anytime his friends tell him something he doesn't want to hear, he gets all angry, yet when someone he barely knows and who blackmailed him tells him she thinks he did the right thing, he's like "Yeah, I did." Just like an adult appeasing a child.

I think that's probably my biggest gripe about this manga. I like it when characters grow throughout the story, but Haruto and Eba are no different than they were back when the manga first started. Seo's characters always feel so one-dimensional to me-- Suzuka was the same way.
Old 2011-07-07, 06:24   Link #8111
katsudon
Part Time Translator

so sad rin-chan isn't in this one... but... if rin-chan was doing the dialog instead of shiori then it would look biased. so i'll wait

Japanzai TL - Working!!, Listen to Papa, Mayo Chiki,Btooom, Ore No XXXXX, Maga-Tsuki, Amagami
katsudon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 06:31   Link #8112
mangaf_cksdotcom

what Eba was really thinking was to date kazama first, then after he dies she will come back to haruto... come on, Kazama will die any way or another, she knew that..

chapter 101 - when eba gave the helmet to Haruto, they had a detour and went to a park, a higher ground where they can see the city, she said "maybe we shouldn't see each other again".. there was no response from Haruto... so she said "later" and haruto also just agreed...
do you think she was expecting a "no, don't go" from haruto? ofcourse, she was expecting that's why she said "maybe"... then you know what might happen after that....

i don't know guys... i don't see why people like eba's character, maybe just because she is a babe with long hair.
people even likes Rin who's devilish and Shiori the opportunist... well, they were well drawn after all and consistent...

Last edited by mangaf_cksdotcom; 2011-07-07 at 06:33. Reason: additional statement
mangaf_cksdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 07:08   Link #8113
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
what Eba was really thinking was to date kazama first, then after he dies she will come back to haruto... come on, Kazama will die any way or another, she knew that..

This one i actually dont agree with everyone including Eba has hope that Kazama's surgery would succeed. Now dont get me wrong im not one for defending Eba or Haruto. However, despite what had transpired between the three no one was hoping for Kazama's death and everyone was optimistic right up till the end. So no she did not know that and no that was not her train of thought throughout the whole Kazama arc.
Old 2011-07-07, 07:38   Link #8114
mangaf_cksdotcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
This one i actually dont agree with everyone including Eba has hope that Kazama's surgery would succeed. Now dont get me wrong im not one for defending Eba or Haruto. However, despite what had transpired between the three no one was hoping for Kazama's death and everyone was optimistic right up till the end. So no she did not know that and no that was not her train of thought throughout the whole Kazama arc.
yes they hoped the surgery would succeed, but no she did not pushed the surgery idea to kazama... she respected kazama's decision which was not to take the surgery... he wanted to be with eba as her bf until his last days... so, she expected his death already...

but that decision changed because:

it was Kiyomi who forced him to take the surgery, and Haruto for challenging him to win Eba, that's the reason he decided the surgery... yes, it was for eba, but not because eba told him to...
Old 2011-07-07, 08:44   Link #8115
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
yes they hoped the surgery would succeed, but no she did not pushed the surgery idea to kazama... she respected kazama's decision which was not to take the surgery... he wanted to be with eba as her bf until his last days... so, she expected his death already...

it was Kiyomi who forced him to take the surgery, and Haruto for challenging him to win Eba, that's the reason he decided the surgery... yes, it was for eba, but not because eba told him to...
I don't know if Eba or anyone really expected Kazama's death. Maybe I'll have to reread, but I hated the Kazama arc so I have no motivation to lol. Wasn't it that he would just have to stay in the hospital at times if he didn't take the surgery? No one ever mentioned anything about having only a certain amount of time to live if he didn't do the surgery.
Old 2011-07-07, 09:19   Link #8116
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:

You are changing what you originally stated and what i replied i too.

My response was to this statement that you made
Quote:

She worried that Kazama would not survive the surgery it does mean she expected him to die. She was not bidding her time for Kazama to kick the bucket so she could be with Haruto. If that was the case after Kazama's death she would not have told Haruto that she would not see him anymore. If what you are saying is true she would have gone straight back to him after Kazama's death. ugh cant believe im defending Eba
Old 2011-07-07, 09:49   Link #8117
mangaf_cksdotcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
I don't know if Eba or anyone really expected Kazama's death. Maybe I'll have to reread, but I hated the Kazama arc so I have no motivation to lol. Wasn't it that he would just have to stay in the hospital at times if he didn't take the surgery? No one ever mentioned anything about having only a certain amount of time to live if he didn't do the surgery.
Kazama told Eba and she told Haruto personally that he only had a year left to live when he proposed.

Kiyomi was angry with eba because she didn't push the surgery to Kazama.. eba just said that it was something kazama should decide. kiyomi told her that as time flies, the success of the surgery is getting lower.. actually, Kazama decided to take the surgery but reversed his decision when he dated eba... he was not sure he will survive the surgery so better be with eba for a year than be unfortunate and die in the process.. so several months passed and the success rate dropped...
Old 2011-07-07, 10:00   Link #8118
mangaf_cksdotcom

im just trying to say that Eba already expected kazama's death... i've been inserting that in my posts but no one will admit that it is a "yes"...

she wasn't worried if kazama died if he took the surgery... did she said something like that?

she just said that "i think that is something for Kyousuke-kun to decide" chapter 95, page 16...
if she did not push the surgery on kazama, then he has a 0% of survival... did she expect that he will still live on the next year?
Old 2011-07-07, 10:05   Link #8119
erfine
hugs@Ranka

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I don't think either character cares what anyone else really thinks about them. They've shown that throughout the manga that they'll do what they want, regardless of what their friends may think. Haruto especially. I find it funny that anytime his friends tell him something he doesn't want to hear, he gets all angry, yet when someone he barely knows and who blackmailed him tells him she thinks he did the right thing, he's like "Yeah, I did." Just like an adult appeasing a child.
The value of her judgment lies in the fact that she has no emotional involvement of her own in the situation, unlike Haruto's friends(?) and Nanami (the latter of whom's "advice" to Eba struck me as particularly disingenuous, given the history of her involvement with the two of them ).

Aside from that, perhaps what Haruto was really looking for wasn't simply knowledge of the "right" course of action, but rather the conviction to be himself whilst surrounded by people who expect otherwise of him. Everyone needs a friend .

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I think that's probably my biggest gripe about this manga. I like it when characters grow throughout the story, but Haruto and Eba are no different than they were back when the manga first started. Seo's characters always feel so one-dimensional to me-- Suzuka was the same way.
I'm not sure why they ought to change, let alone why anyone would expect them to. Much like was the case with Haruto's friends(?) these past two chapters, it's all a question of acceptance. Either you like them as they are, or you don't. Chances are, they aren't going to spontaneously "grow" into a form that matches your tastes if they haven't already.
erfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 10:11   Link #8120
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Kazama told Eba and she told Haruto personally that he only had a year left to live when he proposed.

Kiyomi was angry with eba because she didn't push the surgery to Kazama.. eba just said that it was something kazama should decide. kiyomi told her that as time flies, the success of the surgery is getting lower.. actually, Kazama decided to take the surgery but reversed his decision when he dated eba... he was not sure he will survive the surgery so better be with eba for a year than be unfortunate and die in the process.. so several months passed and the success rate dropped...
I must have completely forgotten about the 1 year left to live thing lol.

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life