AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-18, 08:37   Link #261
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
What's this about? Since it's so big how come it's barely been mentioned in western fandoms?
You know how it is- No Anime, No Talk.
Old 2012-03-20, 09:23   Link #262
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I don't think that's so much the reason as it is light novels have significantly more text to translate than anime/manga. Leaving them largely untranslated even by fans without significant driving force to spur people to the effort.
Old 2012-03-20, 10:34   Link #263
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
I don't think that's so much the reason as it is light novels have significantly more text to translate than anime/manga. Leaving them largely untranslated even by fans without significant driving force to spur people to the effort.
A mix of both, anyway. Sooner or later, some guy/girl will come in asking us to translate it without reading the rules on facebook or something...
Old 2012-03-20, 20:28   Link #264
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Not that it matters seeing that the thing is mind-bogglingly successful...
Old 2012-03-26, 05:50   Link #265
Kunagisa

Anime where?
Old 2012-03-30, 03:32   Link #266
larethian

It's of course easy to see what's on the right side. But I'll also like to point out that Fujimi Shobou's Omae wo Otaku ni Shite yaru kara, Ore wo Riajuu ni Shite kure! (small box on the left in the center) is getting a manga serialization in MF's Gekkan Comic Alive starting next month (ie. June issue), another one of MF-Fujimi's collaborations, it seems.
Old 2012-04-01, 09:56   Link #267
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post

Anime where?
Give it a few more volumes first

But at this rate I should really start to pay attention to it...
Old 2012-04-05, 18:42   Link #268
mochichan

Does anyone listen to Japanese music? I mean not just anime, like the mainstream releases and stuffs? Because Fairies, this idol group, is getting their own manga.

Quote:
It’s been revealed that 7-member idol group Fairies will be turned into a manga!

This was announced during Fairies’ release event for their 3rd single, “Beat Generation / No More Distance“, at Ikebukuro Sunshine City.

The manga will have the theme of “dance”, and its story will revolve around junior high school girls, who learn the importance of chasing dreams from Fairies. It will start its serialization in the August 4th issue of manga magazine, Margaret.

Editor-in-chief of Shueisha, Sawano Yuji, decided to make this manga when he heard that dance will be introduced as a compulsory course in junior high schools nationwide. “When I heard the news, I started to feel agonized thinking about whether I could make a dance manga,” he explained. “Fairies, who display wonderful dancing, are perfect as the heroines. I will do my best to make this a manga that will make readers think, ‘dance is fun!’.”

On this day, the girls of Fairies performed four songs including “More Kiss” and “Beat Generation”.

Source http://www.tokyohive.com/2012/04/fai...-into-a-manga/
It remind me of AKB48's AKB49 manga...but without the cross dressing dude.

Spoiler for AKB48's Japan most popular national idol group:

Spoiler for AKB49 manga:

What do you guys think about Japanese stars getting their own manga? It could be pretty smart since anime is pretty popular internationally so by making these manga or anime like AKB48 is doing with AKB0048, directed by Shouji Kawamori and script by Mari Okada, it could help expand more of Japanese culture beside anime. For me at least I'm happy since it's kinda annoying how people think Japan only have anime or kawaii neko nyan nyan moe stuffs...no offense.

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-04-05 at 20:43.
Old 2012-04-05, 21:37   Link #269
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/new/bunko1204.php#new5

This month's Dengeki...

AW 11 looks pretty awesome

Does anyone read Minutes? (scroll further down)

It looks quite interesting...
Old 2012-04-06, 10:44   Link #270
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
What do you guys think about Japanese stars getting their own manga? It could be pretty smart since anime is pretty popular internationally so by making these manga or anime like AKB48 is doing with AKB0048, directed by Shouji Kawamori and script by Mari Okada, it could help expand more of Japanese culture beside anime. For me at least I'm happy since it's kinda annoying how people think Japan only have anime or kawaii neko nyan nyan moe stuffs...no offense.
Anime isn't really that popular aside from the kids stuff, I don't think this would change that impression by much tbh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/new/bunko1204.php#new5

This month's Dengeki...

AW 11 looks pretty awesome

Does anyone read Minutes? (scroll further down)

It looks quite interesting...

I understand that it's alot of work, but it would be very much appreciated if any charitable soul could translate the synopsis for some of these lesser known titles and new releases Just so us lesser informed individuals will have a better idea whats going on...
Old 2012-04-06, 12:15   Link #271
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I'll just do the ones I'm interested in...Accel World for now coz I'm really really sleepy.

Quote:
アクセル・ワールド11

まもなく放送開始!
シルバー・クロウの新アビリティで、≪大天使メタトロン≫に挑め!

ブレイン・バースト内を暗躍する謎の組織≪加速研究会≫。その総本山≪東京ミッドタウン・タワー≫の頂に 鎮座する、≪大天使メタトロン≫。完全無敵の神獣(レジェンド)級エネミーによって守護されている≪加速研 究会≫を打倒するため、七王会議が開かれた。
 そこで導き出された秘策とは、シルバー・クロウの新アビリティ≪理論鏡面≫獲得作戦だった。
 メタトロンの放つ絶対即死極太レーザーにも耐えるアビリティを習得する命を受けたクロウだが、≪心意技≫ がイマジネーションによって生み出されるのに対して、≪アビリティ≫は行動をトリガーに発現する。そのため 、今までのハルユキの強いイメージだけでは、≪理論鏡面≫アビリティは習得できない。
 いっこうに糸口が見えないハルユキに対し、≪アーダー・メイデン≫こと四埜宮謡が哀しい過去を語り始め─ ─。
Accel World 11

Broadcasting soon!

With his new ability, Silver Crow challenges "Archangel Metatron"!

The mysterious group that secretly maneuvres within Brain Burst; "Acceleration Research Group." At the pinnacle of their headquarters "Tokyo Midtown Tower" sits Archangel Metatron." To topple the "Acceleration Research Group," which is defended by completely unrivalled god beast (legend) class enemies, The conference of the Seven Kings is held. The secret plan that came out of that was a strategy to obtain Silver Crow's new ability "Theory Mirror."

Crow receives orders to learn the ability that can withstand Metatron's sure kill heavy laser. However while "Shinigi" is powered by imagination, "Ability" is manifested by a triggered action.

Because of that, Haruyuki's strong image until now is by itself unable to acquire for him the "Theory Mirror" ability.

To the clueless Haruyuki, "Ardor Maiden" Shinomiya Utai begins to talk about the sorrowful past.
Old 2012-04-10, 17:34   Link #272
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Kazuma Kamachi's new Light Novel- A romcom story involving a Zashiki-warashi...
Old 2012-05-01, 10:00   Link #273
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...Please tell me I'm reading this wrongly...

Quote:
鎌池先生がまた7月に新作を出すよー!タイトルは『簡単なアンケートです』!

┌─────────────────────────┐
□どこよりも早い! 7月の新刊予定(2012年7月10日発売)□
└─────────────────────────┘
◆簡単なアンケートです
著/鎌池和馬 イラスト/はいむらきよたか
アンケートを始める前の注意書き:これは読者参加型のアンケートです。
紙とペンの準備をお忘れなきようお願いいたします。
――では、アンケートを始めます。
Because it looks like the words "Kamachi", "July" and "New Title" are put together in the same sentence
Old 2012-05-01, 21:41   Link #274
larethian

^ The new title is "It's a simple survey/questionnaire".
I can't imagine what kind of story it will have.
Well, there's also a speculation that Kamachi is actually a group of authors. Though since I haven't read other of 'his' series, I can't comment on that.
Old 2012-05-01, 23:31   Link #275
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
^ The new title is "It's a simple survey/questionnaire".
I can't imagine what kind of story it will have.
Kamachi's writing it, so I would imagine it involves explosions and some kind of city wide crisis.

...And maybe 30% of it is RomCom.

Quote:
Well, there's also a speculation that Kamachi is actually a group of authors. Though since I haven't read other of 'his' series, I can't comment on that.
Nah, obviously 'he' is a robot

At best, he's a brain hooked up to a computer.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-05-01 at 23:59.
Old 2012-05-02, 00:59   Link #276
desrtsku
Nympholept

Gorplak!!! With Railgun and Index Movie ... that makes 7 stories he's currently in charge of ... and he even had some spare times to write Million of Bravery, there's no way a single human can do that

Quote:
Nah, obviously 'he' is a robot
yeah, I second that
Old 2012-05-02, 21:38   Link #277
larethian

My current guess is that Kamachi is a team of 3 or more people, and the writing is done by the same person but the story provided by the rest. People who have read all the stories may be able to tell better. Authors have a tendency to use the same style of descriptions throughout the text. So if it's consistent, we can believe that the writing is done by one person. And I also believe plot styles (basically style of development and unfolding of story, even when the setting is different) of the different series can't be overly extremely far away from one another in a short span of time without diminishing the quality or introducing inconsistencies, unless he's a genius out of this world, literally speaking.
Old 2012-05-03, 04:43   Link #278
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
My current guess is that Kamachi is a team of 3 or more people, and the writing is done by the same person but the story provided by the rest. People who have read all the stories may be able to tell better. Authors have a tendency to use the same style of descriptions throughout the text. So if it's consistent, we can believe that the writing is done by one person. And I also believe plot styles (basically style of development and unfolding of story, even when the setting is different) of the different series can't be overly extremely far away from one another in a short span of time without diminishing the quality or introducing inconsistencies, unless he's a genius out of this world, literally speaking.
Well the language in Index is pretty consistent.....

But like you say, story ideas may be provided by a group...
Old 2012-05-05, 22:33   Link #279
tsunade666

adding simple questioner on his ongoing works. Which make it 5 in total for light novel.

Index and Heavy object pretty much the same in its structure and that's why fans can speculate that despite the simple title of "simple questioner" one can guess that it's another the world is in danger and needs saving type with romcom added to it.
Old 2012-05-06, 03:18   Link #280
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
adding simple questioner on his ongoing works. Which make it 5 in total for light novel.

Index and Heavy object pretty much the same in its structure and that's why fans can speculate that despite the simple title of "simple questioner" one can guess that it's another the world is in danger and needs saving type with romcom added to it.

Kamachi have a funny understanding about what romcom means in my experience

Btw while we're on this topic, do we even know the actual title of his Valkyrie story? In fact, I don't recall it ever being published... Is it one of those shorter-than-short stories in some magazine?
Closed Thread

Tags
bunko, light novels, manga, new releases