AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-06-06, 12:10   Link #21
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
Can anyone shed some light on this bird/hawk/tengu theme that seems to surround the uchiha (particularly when it comes to susanoo)? I mean those who understand the mythology behind the series does it have any relevance other than design?
Damn, and I just missed that panel at A-Kon 23.
Yes, they really had a panel on the mythology of Naruto.

Anyways, I was disappointed.
Madara: haha! I played my super ultimate trump, you Kages are screwed
5 Kages: We're screwed, no one can save us
-elsewhere-
Itachi: TROLL!
Sasuke: But I still hate everything you loved brother
Itachi: TROLL!!!
-on the battlefields-
Random ninja: Look, the zombies are turning into light
Naruto: Itachi's trolling again, we can win now
Tobi: OMGWTFBBQ????
-back elsewhere-
Itachi: TROLLOLOLOL!
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 12:16   Link #22
ntherblast

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
So "Perfect" Susano'o is just a Tengu without any of the pretense. Sure, why not.

That being said, Madara wasn't shown being beamed back up to the mothership, so I still have hope that Itachi failed at ending Madara's pseudo-ressurection.

Hey, I'm the only one that can be refereed to as "it" in this sub-forum...
Authors saving it for next chapter where he will probably do big attack and just as it is about to finish he vanishs or he will slowly fade and congratulate the kages
ntherblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 12:19   Link #23
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
So because he was reminded how good things were in the past, his hate is fueled more. makes sense actually. I feel sorry sorry for Naruto though, his brotherly love is unrequited. Sasuke doesn't see him as a brother figure at all. the only relationship he values was his with Itachi. I can't wait to see what kinda magic words Naruto will say that will get him to return to the will of fire. or Kishi might surprise us and skip all that friendship power shounen bullshit and have Naruto kill him after all. I know Naruto vowed to stop the hatred...but killing Sasuke will not be out hate but out of pity(stop his suffering)...

on another note, perfect sussano is ridiculous, I'm guessing with the nine tails by his side it riviled all 8 of the bijuus, maybe the tide of the battle changed when 1st hokage captured the nine-tails.

Another question is its amazing that these ninja's had this much power and yet chose to create ninja village under the dominion of a country.....

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 12:34   Link #24
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
So because he was reminded how good things were in the past, his hate is fueled more. makes sense actually. I feel sorry sorry for Naruto though, his brotherly love is unrequited. Sasuke doesn't see him as a brother figure at all. the only relationship he values was his with Itachi. I can't wait to see what kinda magic words Naruto will say that will get him to return to the will of fire. or Kishi might surprise us and skip all that friendship power shounen bullshit and have Naruto kill him after all. I know Naruto vowed to stop the hatred...but killing Sasuke will not be out hate but out of pity(stop his suffering)...
Sasuke already has a PERFECT big brother, he doesn't need anyone else!
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 12:43   Link #25
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
And it gets better, after yet another melodramatic forehead poke you will eventually have to enjoy whatever Nee-saaaaaan flashbacks the author throws at us when the poke real significance comes into play!
Maybe it will have real significance too In the first case i hoped that Itachi transferred his 2 legendary weapons into Sasuke, but it didn't happen, but now i can hope again. The sword going to Sasuke and the shield going to Naruto (the idea back then was that when Sasuke activates his MS to kill Naruto the seal would break and the shield would go to Naruto, that way Itachi would save them even beyond the grave, the other part of the idea being Sasuke killing Tobi with Itachi's sword in the end), i would like to see those weapons being used again in real battles.

Quote:
... That said, did you really just refer to me as an it?
It could be that you became an institution on these forums, not just a mere mortal

Quote:
Interestingly enough those hand-seals are different from the ones Kabuto told Tobi about.
That would make Sasuke the only one who can dispell the jutsu and Tobi the only one who can use it, convenient for possible future plot
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 12:54   Link #26
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Hey, I'm the only one that can be refereed to as "it" in this sub-forum...
Your avatars do tend to display another Kick-ass pink-haired "it" girl!
Quote:
Can anyone shed some light on this bird/hawk/tengu theme that seems to surround the uchiha (particularly when it comes to susanoo)? I mean those who understand the mythology behind the series does it have any relevance other than design?
Difficult to say beside wild speculations. The relation (along with all those various Shinto gods) has been around since we saw the Uchiha secret room where the Rikudou stone tablet lies surrounded by winged figures but we haven't been told anything about it.
What I always found interesting was the possible relation between them and the very religion of the Fire country, do you remember the Fire temple?

That was its gate :

Doesn't that remind you of something?

Because here was the figure the headmaster monk was praying to

A Tengu bearing striking resemblance to Madara's Susanoo.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 13:40   Link #27
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

If I'm not forgetting something, Kabuto did say that Madara's Edo summon is special or something, so my guess about Madara vs Sasuke may still live.
Not that I see a way that Sasuke can defeat Edo Madara without someones help(Suigetsu and Insane dude).
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 13:43   Link #28
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiper View Post
If I'm not forgetting something, Kabuto did say that Madara's Edo summon is special or something, so my guess about Madara vs Sasuke may still live.
Not that I see a way that Sasuke can defeat Edo Madara without someones help(Suigetsu and Insane dude).
I highly doubt that Sasuke could do anything against Edo-Madara, even with Suigetsu and Juugo.
Old 2012-06-06, 13:53   Link #29
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I highly doubt that Sasuke could do anything against Edo-Madara, even with Suigetsu and Juugo.
It's not really "could do anything" so much as "want to do anything". Sasuke would probably grab a pair of pom poms and cheer Madara's carnage on. But first, he has to kill Kabuto. Sadly, I now am starting to think Kishimoto will wuss out and simply have Sasuke verbally reprimand Kabuto, leaving the snake man to whimper and be over-dramatic in his little cave.

That being said, I am very hopeful that Madara did survive.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 14:36   Link #30
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Madara showing the perfect Susano before Itachi saves the day again is just to show what power will Sasuke soon have. I had some debate on the forum about Sasuke needing another powerup before he fight Naruto, my idea was that he either needs to visit the 3rd secret sage place and become a sage or somehow awaken the rinnegan, but seeing how strong the "perfect" Susano is i think i was most likely wrong about Sasuke needing the powerup against Naruto. It was even said clearly that Susano's power is on bijuu level, so that means Naruto in kyuubi mode vs Sasuke's susano seems a good match. Of course i still think that there's a good chance that Sasuke can awaken the rinnegan, since otherwise Orochimaru's and Kabuto's obsession of taking his body seems pointless, especally after we saw how strong sage-Kabuto is and how much he knows about the rinnegan and the power of the sage of 6 paths.

It's funny that Sasuke walks away without killing Kabuto again
I would like to see if Kabuto changes after this, so i hope he won't be killed here, his flashback about his former friends at the orphanage gives some hope, but now that he is defensless and useless for Madara it's probably the time for Madara to kill him.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 15:19   Link #31
Sasukemaru
Banned

Why is everybody saying madara is gone?

1. Kabuto undid his summons, he did not summon madara.

2. Muu summoned madara, and the edo tensei remains even if the one who summoned dies.

3. And most importantly, it showed all edo tensei returning besides madara.

My final conclusion, madara uchiha isnt going anywhere, at least not yet.

Another interesting side note, it was hinted that he had perfect susanoo when he fought hashirama. Which would make it a ems jutsu, and not a rinnegan one.
Sasukemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 15:35   Link #32
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Madara showing the perfect Susano before Itachi saves the day again is just to show what power will Sasuke soon have. I had some debate on the forum about Sasuke needing another powerup before he fight Naruto, my idea was that he either needs to visit the 3rd secret sage place and become a sage or somehow awaken the rinnegan, but seeing how strong the "perfect" Susano is i think i was most likely wrong about Sasuke needing the powerup against Naruto. It was even said clearly that Susano's power is on bijuu level, so that means Naruto in kyuubi mode vs Sasuke's susano seems a good match. Of course i still think that there's a good chance that Sasuke can awaken the rinnegan, since otherwise Orochimaru's and Kabuto's obsession of taking his body seems pointless, especally after we saw how strong sage-Kabuto is and how much he knows about the rinnegan and the power of the sage of 6 paths.
Oh yea, I do not doubt in the least that Sasuke needs one of those 3 power-ups to reach Naruto's current level (unless he fights Naruto while tired and beat-up from fighting Tobi, which I doubt). I just meant that Sasuke is nowhere near as strong as Edo-Madara, he and Hashirama seem to be the unreachable cap of the series...unless something crazy happens like Naruto taking in all the bijuu or something.

I dunno about Sasuke becoming a sage, but after Kishi explicitly told us that the complete Susanoo is as strong as a Bijuu, it's more than likely that Sasuke's power-up will be the Susanoo. I dunno about him getting the Rinnegan though...Sasuke's symbol has always been the Sharingan and even though the Rinnegan is an evolution of it, I don't see Kishi taking away that symbol.
I foresee giant Godzilla like battles in the future...well more giant Godzilla like battles...
Old 2012-06-06, 16:02   Link #33
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

yah I have a feeling madara is sticking around. Just the way he kinda just looked at his foot like something was wrong and used some rinnegan technique to stay alive.(or that muu theory could work too.) But then I really don't know what could stop him.
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 16:19   Link #34
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

The edo seven swordsman were summoned by another edo...I'm not so sure madaras summoning is that special...if he does sick around, it may be his own doing...

Thanks Hunter for the Tengu panels response
Old 2012-06-06, 16:39   Link #35
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
The edo seven swordsman
Speaking of which...so much wasted potential...
Old 2012-06-06, 19:39   Link #36
Shining Celebi
a

...If souls can return to the afterlife through the seals, why does sealing them prevent them from being summoned?
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 19:41   Link #37
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mists View Post
A few major things...

4. What the heck was Tobi thinking when starting the war!?!? He had Zetsu, Sas, and Kisame, but Kabuto is the one that got the wood-element guy (forgot his name at the moment) to produce many Zetsu, he's the one that got all the power Edo's AND the Bijuu's Edo?
5. This makes Tobi look extremely stupid/foolish and weak because he was going to start a war with himself and Sasuke
The war was only made to find and capture Naruto, taking Edo Tensei out of the equation, his plan would had worked if A) Naruto wouldnt had used his sensing chakra tro Check who were the real allies and B) He could had capture the feudal lords as bargain chips to get Naruto.

Either way, the plan failed just because Itachi just happened to implant a crow with Shinsui eye inside Naruto. is Really hard to be prepared for such a coincidence.

Also, I think the 10,000 Zetsu army were already done before Kabuto appeared, Kabuto just upgraded them.
Old 2012-06-06, 20:23   Link #38
a3jay14
Hunter in the Night

Itachi's loyalty to konoha is just amazing, even though he dead he's priority is still to protect konoha and its people. He deserves to be the hero of konoha
Old 2012-06-06, 20:47   Link #39
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by a3jay14 View Post
Itachi's loyalty to konoha is just amazing, even though he dead he's priority is still to protect konoha and its people. He deserves to be the hero of konoha
Once Naruto gets to Hokage he'll pull a Harry Potter and name one of his kids after him.

While uncle Sasuke will have a rather...unhealthy obsession over making him "perfect" like his namesake.
Old 2012-06-06, 20:47   Link #40
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mists View Post
A few major things...

1. I can't believe Edo was done and Kabuto underestimated 2 Uchihas (had no summons near him!)
2. Was he that obsessed and getting rid of the Hokage?
3. So the Bijuu's were Edo's after all?
4. What the heck was Tobi thinking when starting the war!?!? He had Zetsu, Sas, and Kisame, but Kabuto is the one that got the wood-element guy (forgot his name at the moment) to produce many Zetsu, he's the one that got all the power Edo's AND the Bijuu's Edo?
5. This makes Tobi look extremely stupid/foolish and weak because he was going to start a war with himself and Sasuke
6. Anyone think Itachi is going to hit Sasuke in the forehead again?
7. Think the Tsukyuomi had any content in it?
8. I bet Sas acknowledges his Bro in the end when he dies saying...'the hatred in the Uchiha is now sealed...the mission you carried out to do brother is now done.'
9. Is the war over now !? All vs Tobi and Sas!?
I have two possible predictions for this one:

1. Itachi tries to poke Sasuke's foreheard but fails

2. Itachi succeeds with the forehead poke and transfers some knowledge or power to Sasuke

Before he died he transfered the powers of Mangekyo Sharingan to Sasuke as well as a automated Amaterasu which was triggered when Tobi showed his Sharingan to Sasuke. Itachi spent a lot of time in Akatsuki so he know doubt knows many secrets. He told Sasuke that "Madara" used the Kyuubi to attack the Lead Village. Tobi insisted that it was a natural disaster. Perhaps Itachi knows something about Tobi's agenda and will send Sasuke information in the form of a genjutsu similar to the way he used genjutsu to show Sasuke the story of Uchiha Madara and his younger brother.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion