AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-03, 14:51   Link #5881
willx
Nyaaan~~

@KT -- The E-100 is still the boomstick tank. It's definitely situational but it's still used!

@Tak -- Actually, tank locking has become a huge deal.. It's something that has made the gap between top tier clans and starter clans even more divergent.

Last edited by willx; 2013-05-03 at 15:14.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 14:54   Link #5882
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

we've all been thru that pt at some pt in time, in most situations its hard to get unstuck.
Old 2013-05-03, 15:45   Link #5883
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
@Tak -- Actually, tank locking has become a huge deal.. It's something that has made the gap between top tier clans and starter clans even more divergent.
I know that. Read my post

Still doesn't change my opinion on this though. Its as if Wargaming is making an utterly terrible effort at balancing the usage of certain favorites in game.

Oh, your T-62A was destroyed in the last battle? I am sorry, I guess you have to take your M48 out for a spin now, eh?

What do you mean the M48 is not used!? Of course it is! It is everyone's favorite _insert number here_ line tank!

Ah hahaha, good one, Wargaming.

- Tak (Anyway, working on second tier 10. Third one within reach, and 4th one after some effort)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 15:51   Link #5884
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I know that. Read my post

Still doesn't change my opinion on this though. Its as if Wargaming is making an utterly terrible effort at balancing the usage of certain favorites in game.

Oh, your T-62A was destroyed in the last battle? I am sorry, I guess you have to take your M48 out for a spin now, eh?

What do you mean the M48 is not used!? Of course it is! It is everyone's favorite _insert number here_ line tank!

Ah hahaha, good one, Wargaming.

- Tak
And my point was to emphasize that it still won't make the M48 and those other tanks be used and simply hurts newbie clan wars clans..
Old 2013-05-03, 16:03   Link #5885
LeoXiao
思想工作

Why won't it make them used? Only the biggest and best clans will have enough players to constantly field teams of T-62s. Others will have to make use of every t10 and t9 they have.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 16:09   Link #5886
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Why won't it make them used? Only the biggest and best clans will have enough players to constantly field teams of T-62s. Others will have to make use of every t10 and t9 they have.
My perspective is that the emphasis on "more than one T10" forces people that already have one T10, albeit a non-target one, to go out and get more. If you're forced to get them, you will then get the ones that are useful, ie. T-62A, Batchat, etc.

Basically -- "Hey all you noobs with only one T10, don't even bother trying to play clan wars. You need to go get more T10s." -- coupled with "Oh, and here are the list of T10s you should go get."

It'll further encourage the usage of the same few tanks (as the top tier clans will just switch between them) and encourage those that don't already have them to be forced to go get them.
Old 2013-05-03, 16:12   Link #5887
LeoXiao
思想工作

Perhaps. I guess that the fact that the best clans get free gold (to help all their players grind for extra t10s) doesn't help that fact.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 16:34   Link #5888
Gravitas Free Zone

We're feeding Belorussian capitalism! America!!!!!!!
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 16:38   Link #5889
Tak

I must say, one heavy is enough, unless 8.6 made changes that would encourage me to get more heavies.

Every MBT at the end of each nation's techline would eat heavies for breakfast, save for a handful few. Its a reality I failed to grasp early on, despite being real-life history...

There was a reason why the heavy tanks went out of favor.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2013-05-03 at 16:49.
Old 2013-05-03, 16:49   Link #5890
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Wonder why Heavies phased out. I mean some MBTs will start gearing towards heavy mods like how the Abrams has reactive armor or depleted Uranium reactive armor on top of smoke screen and other anti-heat counter measures, like stealth paint that reduces heat signature. but lately we've been facing 3rd world rank countries armies, where our tech is just over kill when there using standard RPGs and IEDs.
Old 2013-05-03, 17:07   Link #5891
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
Wonder why Heavies phased out.
Because MBTs can move faster and shoot better. MBT weapons during the Cold War would make the Tiger's 88mm look like a BB gun.

- Tak

Old 2013-05-03, 18:37   Link #5892
Gravitas Free Zone

Mind, the Abrams is heavy, it just moves very fast.
Old 2013-05-03, 18:48   Link #5893
Tak

Yes, but the Abrams represent the stable that is modern MBTs and still 10 tons lighter than the KT. Thats pretty significant.

Then you have the T-90 Russian MBT at 47 tons, but still able to maintain a speed at 65 KPH. Or you have the Chinese Type 99 at 54 ~58 tons that go around cruising at 80 KPH. They are all more comparable to say, the Panther, considered to be one of the forerunners of modern MBTs.

- Tak

Old 2013-05-03, 18:48   Link #5894
Sumeragi
Banned

So for the last week, I managed to keep a 57% win rate. Hoping I can keep this up.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 20:08   Link #5895
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

the reason they go faster than the M1A1 Abrams is because they don't have all this tech like the US needs to lug around. I think the Abrams could go as fast as chinese tanks if they take out the governors that caps their spd, which by the way is make sure the treads don't come right off when it starts moving that fast, becuz its using jet engines instead of diesel, I had a history teacher that was a tanker, and he said Abrams tanks are turbined driven.

well US army isn't the fastest as they were back in the days, its more stealth and pre-emptive strikes via drones and stealth bombers and long range tomahawk missiles or something like that before sending the troops in. with APC support, armored support, from the Bradley and Abrams, AAV, LAVs, etc.
Old 2013-05-03, 20:20   Link #5896
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post

Actually you'd be surprised. Most of the players in the top clans EASILY have 7+ tier 10 tanks/tier 8 arty. I don't even play in clan wars anymore (haven't been involved in clan wars for like 10 months now) and I have (or could buy, because I already have it researched)

T110E5
T110E3
Foch 155
AMX-50B
E-100
M48A1
IS-4
IS-7
Bat Chat 25T
T92

Tank locking only hurts small clans that don't have players with 5+ tier 10 tanks.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 23:05   Link #5897
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

heheh, like ours. I'm the only one that has close to 5 tier 10s, workin on the T57 Heavy and T62A.

but look at your list, you're rich.
Old 2013-05-04, 01:19   Link #5898
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun

EDIT: Touma, I actually only have like 2/3 of that list in my garage, I don't have the credits to purchase my E-100 or IS-4 back

Last edited by Mow Yun; 2013-05-04 at 02:57.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 05:33   Link #5899
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Had a great afternoon's worth of platooning with both Seraphil and 12ice. 18 out of 25 games is pretty good I think, and at least five of those games were team carries on low-percentage predictions.

Edit, some aftermaths of those low-percentage carries:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Being in a high-percentage/skilled platoon doesn't quite guarantee a victory, however it does stack odds in your favor.

Images

Oddly enough, the only reason why our platoon wasn't all purple with regards to win rate was because Seraphil shifted to his Sherman for this game instead of the Type 34.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2013-05-04 at 07:29.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 08:19   Link #5900
Gravitas Free Zone

We were having a substantially rougher time with our platoons last night, enough that when this finally happened, we backed away quietly... (12ice, if only you'd stayed...)

Images
Almost Crucial Contribution...
...with only two tanks.

Meanwhile, this morning... the only time it feels safe to try out the Unicorn... first actual game... didn't save any screenshots because it wasn't particularly notable for exploding things, though I lived and the team won.

No, only interesting thing was this: WHY do people buy expensive premium tanks and not buy/ignore/somehow screw up in using a fire extinguisher? I hit a Lowe solidly, knocked off 600 HP, then watched it burn for almost 10 seconds until it was down to 15%. AAR showed 14 crits to it. (I hit it again a few minutes later, it hadn't been hit by anything else in the meantime, but that time it just exploded the rest of the way.)

But seriously... fire extinguishers?

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks