AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-04-23, 00:12   Link #61
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
I don't quite understand the fighting sequence in ep11. Could someone explain to me what happened?

When Homura jumped down from the truck over the bridge, she landed on 3 tube that raised from the water. What are those?
After that, there were two long horizontal things that hit the witch, what's that?
Then soon after, there was an array of red blinking laser things that exploded. What are those?

Note that I'd like some more intelligent answers than missile launchers and bombs.

Edit: add some pictures.
http://randomc.net/image/Mahou%20Sho...1%20-%2021.jpg
http://randomc.net/image/Mahou%20Sho...1%20-%2022.jpg
I don't really see how much more intelligent you'd like it then, if that is what they truly are: missile launchers, missiles and (in the last case) proximity mines.
Old 2011-04-23, 00:16   Link #62
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Are the Madoka Blu-Rays subbed?
Old 2011-04-23, 00:36   Link #63
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

They're not even out yet.
Old 2011-04-23, 05:15   Link #64
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I asked this on General thread but here must be more appropriate...

What's Aoki Ume's comments on the anime, and the ending?
Old 2011-04-26, 10:41   Link #65
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Note that I'd like some more intelligent answers than missile launchers and bombs.
2ch already got the specifics. Here's the translated version http://extrovertedotaku.blogspot.com...n-gallery.html
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 01:20   Link #66
icyhandofcrap
crap translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorOfLife View Post
2ch already got the specifics. Here's the translated version http://extrovertedotaku.blogspot.com...n-gallery.html
You want detailed answers? You want DETAILED answers?

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Puella_Magi_Madoka_Magica
icyhandofcrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 18:13   Link #67
GDB

So, I'm not sure if this was asked in the ep11-12 thread since it moved way too fast for me to keep up, so I'll ask it here.

In episode 12, when Madoka makes her wish, it shows her talking to Mami in her apartment. Eventually, Kyoko shows up, but not Sayaka. That makes me think it's not just in her head, or in "heaven" or whatever, but likely a past timeline where she wanted the same thing but didn't have the potential. However, the drama cd seems to indicate this isn't the case. So... yeah, what's up with that scene?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 18:17   Link #68
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So, I'm not sure if this was asked in the ep11-12 thread since it moved way too fast for me to keep up, so I'll ask it here.

In episode 12, when Madoka makes her wish, it shows her talking to Mami in her apartment. Eventually, Kyoko shows up, but not Sayaka. That makes me think it's not just in her head, or in "heaven" or whatever, but likely a past timeline where she wanted the same thing but didn't have the potential. However, the drama cd seems to indicate this isn't the case. So... yeah, what's up with that scene?
It is open for viewer's interpretation. It can be inside Madoka's heart, brain maybe heaven or hell. It's no such definite answer for it.
Old 2011-04-29, 06:17   Link #69
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Quote:
Eventually, Kyoko shows up, but not Sayaka.
In particular, that led me to suggest that the conversation took place before Madoka started acting... and that... maybe... souls get actually destroyed when witches are born. Or ransformed completely. For better or for worse, we don't have enough information to analyze this scene properly.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 08:52   Link #70
sa547
*Author

Seems that Madoka took only MGs who later became Witches; this includes Sayaka. The other girls -- i.e. Kyoko and Mami -- who died in different circumstances other than becoming Witches are otherwise returned.
Old 2011-04-29, 09:23   Link #71
Snork
Twilight lander

But Sayaka returns as well, nonetheless. Makes you wonder where to place the audition scene on the continuity... Maybe what we saw actually took place after Sayaka's death in timeline 6?
Old 2011-04-29, 17:43   Link #72
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post
But Sayaka returns as well, nonetheless. Makes you wonder where to place the audition scene on the continuity... Maybe what we saw actually took place after Sayaka's death in timeline 6?
Pretty sure it did. It seems like Madoka was alleviating Sayaka's grief by showing her the fruit of her labor, and reminding her of what she truly desired. Especially since immediately after that was everyone reacting to Sayaka's disappearance.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 19:27   Link #73
Raiga
tl;dr

The line "円環の理に導かれて" from the last episode... seems to have become a meme/running joke online, but I'm stumped as to what's so funny about it. Anyone know? '_'
Old 2011-05-18, 08:19   Link #74
Snork
Twilight lander

GoogleTranslate gives me somthing I don't remember reading in the subs... Do you know the exact moment this line's featured at?
Old 2011-05-18, 15:34   Link #75
kaigan
Segmentation fault

Quote:
GoogleTranslate gives me somthing I don't remember reading in the subs... Do you know the exact moment this line's featured at?
it seems to fall in somewhere between 15:58 - 16:01.

mami said that line after saya vanished fighting the demons.

i'm no japanese but it seems and probably something about puns and alternate reading. like the first character, en, can also be used as kanji for madoka.

i saw a fan comic used that like, maybe this would help us.
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 15:35   Link #76
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Don't trust Google translate to give you anything remotely matching a human translation.

I know roughly what it means. It's what Mami says after Sayaka disappears. You know, "She's gone, carried off by the laws of the cycle." Roughly.

EDIT: ^Ah, that could be a possibility.
Old 2011-05-19, 07:22   Link #77
Snork
Twilight lander

In my subs, it was something like "she's gone the full cycle" I didn't even know it could produce a meme... But the pic is disturbing, lol.
Old 2011-05-20, 08:08   Link #78
kaigan
Segmentation fault

Quote:
But the pic is disturbing, lol.
found another one. since this meme is quite popular.

Spoiler for NSFW, with translations:

considering that the given meme seems to be exclusive for mami's use, the character 円 - which can be used for madoka and could mean round, circle, spherical; i would consider that this has something to do with her 'assets' but i like a japanese confirmation for this, hehehe
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 20:03   Link #79
thirdlc

Mami was considered to be a playing-cool character since she was the only one that used a final move, shouted its name and liked to use special terms like Witch's Kiss, and her battle style was elegant and so on. Her fans were making a joke of her behaviour. And then all of a sudden, she said "円環の理" a theatrical exaggerated special term, which the fans felt suited for her personality perfectly. There's only one thing to do.
thirdlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 10:31   Link #80
Oblivion

I just finished episode three and like some people were surpised. So looking past the fact that Mami was supposed to die because well, Urobuchi wrote it that she would, speaking strictly in story why did she die though? Was she too overconfident in that fight or was the monster too strng for her? I just find it kind of weird that she got taken out by a monster like that and so early too.
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a