AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-07-08, 20:10   Link #33801
demino_hellsin
That one guy

dude, we have Ako from Negima who has a scar on her back. She is not ladette in any way. That was Kaede's job :|
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 20:26   Link #33802
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I said TRAIT, not ABSOLUTE :|

Scar could also mean embarrassing accident, or dark past. But Ladette tend to FLAUNT it.
Old 2012-07-08, 20:30   Link #33803
demino_hellsin
That one guy

but that feels more like an onee-san archetype :|

okay, maybe for better comparison, bandage girl? or maybe even disability? the scarring isn't necessarily causing a loss of self-esteem or anything though.
Old 2012-07-08, 20:38   Link #33804
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Onee-san tends to be the elegant and cool type, not wild and cool type. Both of them tend to have masculine charm though, so I may agree.

If you count Laura's eyes as 'disability', we already have one. Note that she DID have self esteem issue, but only after she fall for Ichika. Before, she saw it as actual flaw and nuisance (she saw herself as tool)
Old 2012-07-08, 20:51   Link #33805
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I can't count it as disability since it gives her another possible moe point completely different from scarring or disability. Heterochromia.

Don't ask me how it's a moe point, it just is.
Old 2012-07-08, 21:01   Link #33806
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I knew that's a moe point, but so does blindness or fethisized scar.

in-universe, it DOES count as disability because A. the discrepancy of rendering speed between the eyes, which in theory will cause huge imbalance and dizziness. B. reducing I.S. compatibility rate.

BTW, can we change the topic? this one going meta again.
Old 2012-07-08, 21:08   Link #33807
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hmm... very well. But you haven't seen the last of it yet mwahahahaha!

I want to adapt a design I have for a gundam into IS but I'm not sure the feasibility of it. Basically the whole unit is lined with hard points. But not just any hard points. These hard points are all actually reversible charged particle turbines. These turbines function mostly as thrusters but are also usable as energy conduits to various equipment that can be attatched to them.
Old 2012-07-08, 21:18   Link #33808
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hmm, I think the only issue is relative durability and vulnerability (exposed thruster is dangerous). But otherwise, it'll be feasible.

Though as thruster it will be inefficient in a way, a thruster need nozzle of some kind to focus the thrust force.
Old 2012-07-08, 21:30   Link #33809
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The connecting points can work as nozzles then. The structure of the actual turbine would be fragile as well due to design features which will allow it to convert itself into a compressor. Have to take that into account. :/
Old 2012-07-08, 22:21   Link #33810
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hmm...

Remind me again, I.S. parts aren't supposed to be used when damaged right? Because the data flow for parts improvement is put on second priority to parts recovery.

This is going to be suck :|
Old 2012-07-08, 22:44   Link #33811
demino_hellsin
That one guy

basically yeah. IS continuously feed data for performance improvement even when damaged. But during that time, the IS will optimize itself for a setting where it is damaged. When the damage is repaired, the setting stays and the restored parts won't be in sync with the optimized parts.

Think of it like atrophy of a certain body part. Everything is fine, but the other still requires a lot of rehabilitation.
Old 2012-07-08, 22:54   Link #33812
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hmm....

Then it will be a good gimmick to have data distribution switches, which is one of the main feature of [Panzer Igel] and [Wolkenreiter]

Basically, acting like a series of valve where all the data is routed into parts recovery, optimization only occur when the process already complete.
Old 2012-07-09, 00:21   Link #33813
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Read or watch "Sword Art Online". You always seem to get peeved when we discuss Ichika, so watch the series where the male lead was voted "Best LN protagonist of 2012"
Old 2012-07-09, 00:26   Link #33814
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Peeved?

If you mean I dislike Ichika, nah, I actually having a brutal debate in Indonesian kaskus subforum for I.S. because they can't see anything good of him. He's flawed sure, but I think his hatedom is far too strong.
Old 2012-07-09, 00:30   Link #33815
Eratas123

Yeah, but you're also one of the author's who I've never seen use default Ichika. Everybody else already did.

Anyway, I'm just saying: Read and/or watch it. It's a really good series with great characters, story, and interactions. That and they give Kirito actual skills and time that make it seem plausible that girls like him, not where everybody's tripping over themselves top give the lead their card.
Old 2012-07-09, 00:37   Link #33816
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hmm, maybe it's just an appeal in me, I tend to have different characterization for everyone, in almost any fic. The only left in Ichika mostly his density, he has only some part left intact like many of other character have. Otherwise, he's always been OOC.

EDIT: for example, Ichika repeatedly have argument with Chifuyu.

What I said, I like Ichika as it is in canon.

I do heard several times that SAO is one of the best reading material when it comes to LN, but I lack the drive to read any Novel currently (though last night I read 30-odd chapter of Naruto fic, strange)
Old 2012-07-09, 00:40   Link #33817
Eratas123

Well, at least read the first one I guarantee you that you'll be hooked to the series.

Side note - Read an original harem fic that's unique: Basically, genetic engineering became mostly public and children were taken and raised after gene alteration. The main character is a "Delta/D" rank, which means he's barely passing. He gets assigned to "Alpha/A" team, which means flak from a lot of angry cadets. The story picks up from there,
Old 2012-07-09, 00:42   Link #33818
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Okay, but only if I have time.

Can you link me to that fic?
Old 2012-07-09, 00:49   Link #33819
Eratas123

Here: fictionpress.com/s/1784691/1/Alpha_Team_Alpha

For the record, I love how he does 1st person POV. I'm taking tips.

Also, the male lead's less of a dunce. There's a reason he doesn't go thinking "Harem time!" in the story.
Old 2012-07-09, 00:55   Link #33820
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

If you born as Delta Male, by genetic you would NOT think of easily getting a girl, much less a harem.

Animal Kingdom hierarchy FTW?

As one hentai game () put it
Alpha male: Can easily sway the attention of girls anywhere and anytime, with or without clear reason.
Beta Male: They have specific reason for being attractive, but rarely that outstanding.
Gamma Male: Totally hopeless bar coincidences and miracles

Put Delta between Beta and Gamma. Then it'll work.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest