AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-10, 10:53   Link #1001
WILD_LION

In this moments Issei has a lot of powers and abilities to discover and develop:
The Red Dragon Emperor who resides within the Boosted Gear.
The Divine Dividing ability saved in Boosted Gear.
The 4 mutation Pieces and the 4 Normal Pieces who dont know how will reaction.
Ophis infinite life power.
True Dragon Blood.
Illegal Move Trident.
Cardinal Crimson Promotion.
Dragon Body.
Ascalon installed in the Boosted Gear.

And to add his pervert abilities:
Dress Break
Bilingual

With Ryuuteimaru, the legendary ship Skíðblaðnir and the familiar of Issei Hyoudou.

How all it will join or develop is jet a mystery, until the author will shows us.
Old 2013-06-10, 11:46   Link #1002
J4n1

There's no need for Issei to become a Maou, or have any formal position in any power structure/hierarchy.

After his powers are fully developed, he could simply proclaim, that as the Heavenly Red Dragon Emperor, he is outside any power structures, and counts a power worthy of recognition by himself.
Old 2013-06-10, 12:24   Link #1003
WILD_LION

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
There's no need for Issei to become a Maou, or have any formal position in any power structure/hierarchy.

After his powers are fully developed, he could simply proclaim, that as the Heavenly Red Dragon Emperor, he is outside any power structures, and counts a power worthy of recognition by himself.
You are forgetting the conversation between Sirzechs and Azazel, Sirzechs told that his era like Maou is going to finish, because the era when just a one extreme powerfull entity could have the total control is losing, because No matter how strong the entity is, there are things this can't do as “one(individual). And the era of circles is coming, circles like Rias and Ise who attracted Power to them and can destroy the limits of One(Individual)
Old 2013-06-10, 12:58   Link #1004
bludvein

Sairaorg is the only young devil of the current generation I could see becoming a Maou. Issei has the potential strength and charisma, but he clearly has no interest in such things. Vali is even worse.

Milicas(sp?) is a good candidate too, but that might take a while.
Old 2013-06-10, 13:40   Link #1005
WILD_LION

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Sairaorg is the only young devil of the current generation I could see becoming a Maou. Issei has the potential strength and charisma, but he clearly has no interest in such things. Vali is even worse.

Milicas(sp?) is a good candidate too, but that might take a while.
I don't see Sairaorg taking the place of the principal Maou, but maybe one the king of Bael family, because I dont see Issei defeated by him in a battle to protect the dream of Rias.
Old 2013-06-10, 14:13   Link #1006
Tchadnis

If i remember right , Ise can't become a Maou , if he does , that implies he has to let his "harem" go , because of the talk between Rias's mom and Rias , a Maou can't have a harem ..just like Sirzechs.
Old 2013-06-10, 14:27   Link #1007
WILD_LION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchadnis View Post
If i remember right , Ise can't become a Maou , if he does , that implies he has to let his "harem" go , because of the talk between Rias's mom and Rias , a Maou can't have a harem ..just like Sirzechs.
That is true, but the phrase "New era" can bring changes, or maybe Issei can get a superior position.
Old 2013-06-10, 14:34   Link #1008
cyberdemon

Quote:
don't remember that ever being said. care to provide where in the LN that is from?
Old 2013-06-10, 14:41   Link #1009
Chris38

A superior position within the Devil world, in my opinion, isn't what Ise wants to have, after all, being in a more "visible" position would make someone, like the successors of the Khaos Brigade are someone else, dissatisfied with the way that the three fractions have "changed", try to target Ise more often, reducing the amount of time that Ise could spend his life living peacefully with his future harem.

After all, Ise doesn't want to engage in conflict and even more fights (judging from the character developments that he underwent so far), and putting him in a superior position is definitely going to increase the amount of opponents that would want to defeat Ise.
Old 2013-06-10, 15:28   Link #1010
Tchadnis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
don't remember that ever being said. care to provide where in the LN that is from?
In this part when they say it from Volume 10 Life 1 part 1

Quote:
“If the man is wishing for that, then it’s your role as the heir to manage it. If it’s going to increase even more, you will have to do it properly from now on. It was I, who took control of it in the case with your father. It’s a usual thing in the World for a woman to be attracted by men who are both charming and strong. Sirzechs only has Grayfia because he is a Maou, but “he” isn’t aiming to become Maou correct? Then there isn’t any problem……Or you still haven't made a decision on it yet? Oh my. I thought you inherited the pushy attitude from me, but for you to become weak at the last and crucial moment….. Once you form a relationship, you can also gain the authority of other women around him. Rias, can you not even make progress in your relationship with him without Grayfia and I getting involved? ”
Old 2013-06-10, 15:33   Link #1011
cyberdemon

Quote:
In this part when they say it from Volume 10 Life 1 part 1
I don't really take that as him being the Maou means that he CAN'T have one, just that he doesn't. Being the Maou takes up a lot of time. It would probably be hard to find time to deal with all those bonds... and Grayfia would probably kill him if he got one as well. lol. So I doubt that there is a rule, just too much responsibility to handle both.
Old 2013-06-10, 15:58   Link #1012
WILD_LION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
A superior position within the Devil world, in my opinion, isn't what Ise wants to have, after all, being in a more "visible" position would make someone, like the successors of the Khaos Brigade are someone else, dissatisfied with the way that the three fractions have "changed", try to target Ise more often, reducing the amount of time that Ise could spend his life living peacefully with his future harem.

After all, Ise doesn't want to engage in conflict and even more fights (judging from the character developments that he underwent so far), and putting him in a superior position is definitely going to increase the amount of opponents that would want to defeat Ise.
You are saying it by yourself, Issei desire live in peacefully, that is the reason that he need to be the one who create the circle to change the wold in a new era of peace destroyng completly all the evil fractions, In this moments of the story he is just started to grow up.

If he don't protect the ones who are important to him then he will be a coward, and he is not it.
Old 2013-06-10, 16:11   Link #1013
bludvein

Thats a pretty asinine argument. Issei isn't obligated to try to become the Maou in any way. Its not like he will stop doing his part even if he isn't a Maou. He just won't be a politician. Not being interested in ruling is not cowardice. It's fine that way.
Old 2013-06-10, 16:30   Link #1014
WILD_LION

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Thats a pretty asinine argument. Issei isn't obligated to try to become the Maou in any way. Its not like he will stop doing his part even if he isn't a Maou. He just won't be a politician. Not being interested in ruling is not cowardice. It's fine that way.
The meaningless argument is that Issei will not be important, because in this moments of the story he is now the center of the circle who attracts the power for the fractions who are inside of the peace treaty, Even his house is thebase of operations for the allied factions.

If we remember the vampire conversation he is beginning to notice about the importance of has a title in the society of the Fractions.
Old 2013-06-10, 20:06   Link #1015
Somethindarker
Super Senior Elder Member

You guys are forgetting one very important thing when discussing whether Issei will become a Maou or not, he has never outright stated he desires or has plans to have anything to do with the underworld political government. Issei has stated many times he just wants to live a peaceful existence with his girls and make tons of babies with the girls.
Also he's a hero of the underworld and figure which brings strength and courage to all who know of him, the children of the underworld want to be like him and believe in him. A devil from humble origins who is going to marry one of the most beautiful princesses of the underworld, who's defeated high class and god class beings all the while being honest with himself and ready to sacrifice his life for what he believes in.
In my opinion Issei is not going to be a Maou, the most he might become is a guardian of the underworld or figurehead like entity like the monarchy in England. Plus he's going to become the head of the Gremory, why would he add more stress to his life?
Old 2013-06-10, 20:20   Link #1016
sky black swordman

^ One thing, Issei is not going to be the head of Gremory family, he just going to be married to her.
Old 2013-06-10, 21:05   Link #1017
G147

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ One thing, Issei is not going to be the head of Gremory family, he just going to be married to her.
You do realize that once he marries Rias, he'll be inheriting the Gremory name.
Old 2013-06-10, 21:08   Link #1018
Somethindarker

Issei is the Sekiruutei and Rias is the Crimson Queen of Ruin both are big names and are very well known in the underworld, I'm pretty sure he'll also be a head of the household not some trophy husband.
Old 2013-06-10, 21:28   Link #1019
WILD_LION

The important point to speculate here is about what title will get Issei in the future?
The head of the Gremory.
The Maou.
Or something higher who adapt the role of a hero who saved and join all the fractions?

We must consider the fact that Issei is the First Demon-Hero in all the history.

Last edited by WILD_LION; 2013-06-10 at 21:43.
Old 2013-06-10, 21:43   Link #1020
Somethindarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD_LION View Post
The important point to speculate here is about what title will get Issei in the future?
The head of the Gremory.
The Maou.
Or something higher who adapt the role of a hero who saved and join all the fractions?

We must consider the fact that Issei is the First Demon-Hero in all the history.
Considering he has no desire to be a Maou and the 3 factions are already joined he already has alot of titles. Sekiryuutei, Oppai Dragon, etc,. Plus head of the Gremory House. What more is needed?
And who are Sirzechs and Ajuka? Run of the mill demons? They were heroes as well during the civil war the only difference between them is that Issei is universally accepted by both adults and children whereas Serzechs and Ajuka were known mostly to adults and fellow soldiers. Leviathan was also a hero to children until Issei came along.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life