Notices

Old 2008-04-23, 21:04   Link #221
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
And more dub clips:

http://anime.ign.com/articles/868/868968p1.html

Yeah, I'm definitely following this once it premieres in Adult Swim.
On that note, when are (if it has been announced) the DVDs to be released? I'd rather wait for them, than murder my brain by watching AS.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 21:44   Link #222
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
New trailer is out!

http://revver.com/video/838819/code-geass-trailer-2/

I really like Yuri Lowenthal's voice for Suzaku.
*lays in a bloody mess*

Don't like the dubs for Code Geass much... (No, I'm not one of those "sub-only" people)
One of the main things that stuck out was the emphasis on parts of the words... Britannia; Cornelia...
Oh, but there was one part where I liked the dub. That Japanese guy during the part where he goes "fire!!". The voice fit there.

Now to go off and erase any memory of the dubbing I just heard from my mind...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 21:50   Link #223
KrimzonStriker

I don't know, I thought Johnny's die was pretty good, because when Jun first said it I thought it was a little too calm, but the second one carried the right amount of force though
Old 2008-04-23, 21:59   Link #224
CJL13
God of his own ego

The only part I didn't like was the BriTANnia part.
CJL13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 22:01   Link #225
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Oh, wait, speaking of trailers I forgot the male commentator from the first one and at the end of this one is also the voice for dear old Charles... we'll see how that goes I guess.... >_>
Um... no. Charles will be voiced by Michael McConnohie, whom I'll be hoping does something close to his Kel'Thuzad voice for the good Emperor. The "male commentator" (as you call him) is clearly Jamieson Price, who will be voicing Diethard.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 22:58   Link #226
KrimzonStriker

Hmm, Charles sounded more like the commentator then Diethard did to me honestly, but meh, so long as you get the picture of the range I'm getting at I guess >_>
Old 2008-04-24, 23:52   Link #227
chrisbad726

looks ok to me. they emphasize the tan in Britannia
chrisbad726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 00:06   Link #228
fruitcage
<3

D: I cried from the IGN exclusive clips.

What happened to YES MY LORD?????

fruitcage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 00:14   Link #229
flou
That's no lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitcage View Post
D: I cried from the IGN exclusive clips.

What happened to YES MY LORD?????

The soldiers Lelouch killed originally said "Yes, your highness!" too. You might want to refresh your memory.
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 00:14   Link #230
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbad726 View Post
looks ok to me. they emphasize the tan in Britannia
Yeah, that's how it's always been pronounced as in English. Even though it's actually an early Roman name for the British Isles.
Old 2008-04-25, 00:16   Link #231
fruitcage
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flou View Post
The soldiers Lelouch killed originally said "Yes, your highness!" too. You might want to refresh your memory.
:\ Either way, Happily? I rather them keeping the "Yes" scheme but dubbing is not ez lol must match the lip sync I guess.
fruitcage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 00:21   Link #232
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Oh Gawd, the ultra-manly voice at the end of the trailer gave me goosebumps.

I suppose my biggest gripe with English dubs will always be their way of handling the pronunciation of Japanese names. Hearing "Sue-Zaku" really made my skin crawl. Otherwise, it seems to be a functional dub at this point.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 00:21   Link #233
Tokkan

I've never really cared for the use of English in Code Geass, if it get's changed for the dub then I don't mind. Besides, phrases like "Yes, My Lord" and "Yes, Your Highness" can get rather stale after a while.
Old 2008-04-25, 00:32   Link #234
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
I've never really cared for the use of English in Code Geass, if it get's changed for the dub then I don't mind. Besides, phrases like "Yes, My Lord" and "Yes, Your Highness" can get rather stale after a while.
it's just the phrases they use for acknowledging orders. Lord for a higher ranking officer, Highness for a member of the imperial family, Majesty for the Emperor. Not like they're using them all the time.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 00:43   Link #235
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
it's just the phrases they use for acknowledging orders. Lord for a higher ranking officer, Highness for a member of the imperial family, Majesty for the Emperor. Not like they're using them all the time.
1. Already knew this.
2. Hence why I don't really care.
Old 2008-04-25, 08:24   Link #236
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Holy crap. Suzaku sounds almost spot on. At least his tone is. Lelouch isn't as spot on but the voice is far from being grating.

I think I'll follow the show on Cartoon Network every week. I just hope they show OP/ED that's all.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 09:16   Link #237
Nilie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Holy crap. Suzaku sounds almost spot on. At least his tone is. Lelouch isn't as spot on but the voice is far from being grating.

I think I'll follow the show on Cartoon Network every week. I just hope they show OP/ED that's all.
Lelouch is ABSOLUTELY delicious in the dub. Yuri as Suzaku is win <33 You can see he's been practicing the scream bit as it reaminds us of a little Sasuke doesn't it?

C.C was killed by Kate Higgins. Seriously people. Her voice might have matched had she not decided she'd pronounce the words like she does half the time. Biting bits and overweighting the vowels at random.
I was totally against having her been C.C from the start. Honestly, wth? It's not like C.C gets to say much trough the show anyway, so if she screws a few more lines the way she did just now as I see this last trailer then CHAPEAU.
*is angry*
Nilie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 09:20   Link #238
Makoto_Must_DIE

I heard the dub for episodes 1 & 2.

IMO, I think the best voices would have to be all the small and side characters, including Orange-kun, Jeremiah, Cornelia, and Viletta(sp?). The small and side characters are like the extras, i.e. soldiers and the what not.

If anything, Lelouch's VA may sound a bit dorky, but he does an amazing maniacal laughter. (Probably why he was chosen?)
Makoto_Must_DIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 09:31   Link #239
Nilie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoto_Must_DIE View Post
I heard the dub for episodes 1 & 2.

IMO, I think the best voices would have to be all the small and side characters, including Orange-kun, Jeremiah, Cornelia, and Viletta(sp?). The small and side characters are like the extras, i.e. soldiers and the what not.

If anything, Lelouch's VA may sound a bit dorky, but he does an amazing maniacal laughter. (Probably why he was chosen?)
Indeed. But I think he's good, he's excellent actually. Lelouch sounds young, but smart and slightly maniacal every once in a while. XD I like how he changes his tone of voice, just like the VA in the original version. When he tries to make a point like "well then OBLITERATE BRITANNIA" you can hear him trying to sound big, n grave n scary n authoritative. :P yeah? This VA manages it beautifully. No, no complains about Lelouch at all XD Or Suzaku. And ZOMG, Llyod, Cecil are perfect :3 They have personalities XD the soldiers who shots themselves were also funny >3 loved the hysterical augh.

C.C... KATE HIGGINS WHY OH WHY? Couldn't you just stick to Sakura in Naruto and NOT kill C.C too?
T^T C.C's dead. Seriously, what the hell Kate. I have lost what little respect I had for that V.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioshinobi View Post
Cast Update on Main Site;

LELOUCH: Johnny Bosch

SUZAKU: Yuri Lowenthal

C.C.: Kate Higgins

KALLEN: Karen Strassman

LLOYD: Liam O'Brien

TOHDOH: Steve Blum

BARTLEY: Peter Spellos

EMPEROR: Michael McConnohie

SHIRLEY: Amy Kincaid

MILLY: Julie Ann Taylor

CLOVIS: Sam Riegel

CÉCILE: Deborah Sale Butler

CORNELIA: Mary Elizabeth McGlynn

DARLTON: Travis Willingham

DIETHARD: Jamieson Price

EUPHEMIA: Michelle Ruff

GUILFORD: Roger Craig Smith

JEREMIAH: Crispin Freeman (ORAAAAAAANGGGEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! YAAA!)

NUNNALLY: Rebecca Forstadt

OHGI: Kirk Thornton

RIVALZ: Brian Beacock

TAMAKI: Michael Lindsay

VILLETTA: Megan Hollingshead

NINA: Kim Mai Guest

SAYOKO: Kim Mai Guest

Link: http://code-geass.bandai-ent.com/new...?article_id=35

EVERYONE here! Perfect!! <33 ZOMG Crispen Freeman. He always gets those little roles but still PWNS way ~~~
Kate as C.C though, Hate. Hate. Hate. Rage. Ahh~~
*Nothing against the V.A herslef btw, hardly*

Last edited by Nilie; 2008-04-25 at 09:48.
Nilie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 12:38   Link #240
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

The dub doesn't sound too bad so far, Suzaku's VA was definitely a good choice. He'll play it perfect once they hit eps 20+. Lelouch, eh he's ok will definitely say he comes off more as a spoiled rich kid in tone though.

But yeah C.C. VA was pretty bad. Her lines were choppy as heck. I always imagined her VA in english should play it lightly arrogant shaded with coyness.
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote