AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-22, 06:10   Link #101
LightElf7

I jut read the Manga, and I feel sooo down!~

I didnt play the PC version so I cant say for sure, but I dont think the differences between the PS2 and PC versions are very important.

I mean both follow the same storyline, and yea there may be some extra scenes and some editing (like getting the H-scene out in the PS2), but I dont think it'll be very different. Its the same story with a slightly different ending.

By the way, does anyone know where you can purchase the PC version? I had to buy an extra Japanese PS2 so I could play the Tomoyo After PS2 version (stupid Region Code stuff), but since I cant carry a PS2 and a TV with me everywhere, I am quite fond of having the PC one.

I am not sure if it is allowed to post something like this here, but if anyone has a clue as where I can get the PC version, can someone at least PM me?
Old 2008-02-22, 10:01   Link #102
120z

is there any translation project like CLANNAD?

i really want to play this game, especially for seeing tomoyo (i start to loved her after playing her route in CLANNAD)

too bad i can't read japanese, so i going to ask in this forum about translation.

oh, and last question

about tomoyo after (manga version), where can i find this scanned ? or it doesn't exist for now

sorry for bad gramma through.

thx.
Old 2008-02-22, 10:08   Link #103
bombsaces

Send a message via MSN to bombsaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
after ep 18, it would seem the tomoyo arc is over. who wants to start an online petition to animate tomoyo after.. lol
They need to do a Planetarian OVA before that.
Old 2008-02-22, 14:39   Link #104
KeynArts

Tomoyo After

Can anyone please tell me where to buy the game Tomoyo After -It's a Wonderful Life- in PC verison ( not in PS2) i would really love to know it.
Old 2008-02-22, 15:27   Link #105
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightElf7 View Post
I didnt play the PC version so I cant say for sure, but I dont think the differences between the PS2 and PC versions are very important.
One or two days ago, on a different site, I read that the extra content in the PS2 version added 2 or 3 hours of additional gameplay. What I wanted to know was if those extra scenes are related to the new/additional end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightElf7 View Post
By the way, does anyone know where you can purchase the PC version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeynArts View Post
Can anyone please tell me where to buy the game Tomoyo After -It's a Wonderful Life- in PC verison ( not in PS2) i would really love to know it.
The PC version is out of print. The only way you may found it would be in auctions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 120z View Post
is there any translation project like CLANNAD?
velocity7's project:
http://forums.visualnews.net/showthread.php?t=16671

Quote:
Originally Posted by 120z View Post
about tomoyo after (manga version), where can i find this scanned ? or it doesn't exist for now
Look for it in Rapidsearch.
Old 2008-02-22, 18:06   Link #106
Nite
-------

The extra scenes in the PS2 version are supplements to the plot, they're not directly tied to getting some secret ending or anything. The "good" ending is still the same as the PC version with the exception of that extended scene already mentioned.

I saw a couple extra scenes (or perhaps all of them) from the PS2 version from a playlist on nicovideo (all of them were removed, unfortunately). From what I remember, I would guess there was about 60 minutes of content. But then again my memory is really foggy and I haven't played the PS2 version myself.
Old 2008-02-22, 18:38   Link #107
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite View Post
The extra scenes in the PS2 version are supplements to the plot, they're not directly tied to getting some secret ending or anything. The "good" ending is still the same as the PC version with the exception of that extended scene already mentioned.
I didn't mean a secret ending, or anything of the sort. What I was asking was that if in the new scenes there was some sort of option which triggered the additional scene after the ending credits. You know, as in, if you do not make that option (or watch that scene) then you get the sad/original end. Anyway, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-02-23, 07:06   Link #108
120z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
One or two days ago, on a different site, I read that the extra content in the PS2 version added 2 or 3 hours of additional gameplay. What I wanted to know was if those extra scenes are related to the new/additional end.

The PC version is out of print. The only way you may found it would be in auctions.

velocity7's project:
http://forums.visualnews.net/showthread.php?t=16671

Look for it in Rapidsearch.
oh, i wonder how long this project 'till it finish

really want to play it as english language
Old 2008-04-19, 17:51   Link #109
Farplaner

I'm currently playing this game...

Edit: after continuing the story I found out the answer to my own question about Tomo's mother...

Also, about Takafumi:

Spoiler for takafumi:

Last edited by Farplaner; 2008-04-20 at 00:10.
Old 2008-04-22, 08:02   Link #110
mandarb916

i don't remember what happened with the track/x-country coach, but takafumi was basically expelled from the team and more or less Kanako's family for treating his own life so lightly (ie. attempted suicide)
Old 2008-04-22, 08:41   Link #111
Farplaner

Yeah, that part I understood. It just seemed weird to me that after being like a family for a while, everybody would just cut their relationship away from him and not even try to understand him a bit...
Old 2008-04-22, 11:53   Link #112
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farplaner View Post
Yeah, that part I understood. It just seemed weird to me that after being like a family for a while, everybody would just cut their relationship away from him and not even try to understand him a bit...
Everyone didn't. Kanako's father did, and basically forbade Takafumi from seeing Kanako any further...I don't think Kanako left Takafumi on her own accord...it's been a while since I played this game so things are a little hazy.
Old 2008-04-25, 07:35   Link #113
Farplaner

Just finished the game... and during the replaying of some scenes I found out about the "Dungeons and Takafumis" minigame I can play (I guess this is only available after you beat the game?)! lol

Thought about the story

Spoiler for thoughts:
Old 2008-04-25, 11:53   Link #114
crusnick

Hello well, I just wanna know Can i play the game after watching only the anime?
I haven't watched the movie yet and I don't want to miss any story side!!
tnx for Help
Old 2008-04-25, 12:45   Link #115
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Spoiler for thoughts:
Spoiler for Clannad anime:
Old 2008-04-25, 14:39   Link #116
Farplaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusnick View Post
Hello well, I just wanna know Can i play the game after watching only the anime?
tnx for Help
Wait until you watch ep24 (the Tomoyo story) before playing the game and you should be okay (if they do a good job on it)

As for Kanako cameo in Clannad... I need to go watch that ep again!
Old 2008-04-25, 16:54   Link #117
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusnick View Post
tnx for Help
Don't watch the movie, it's a terrible adaptation. Try the game out, it's amazing.
Old 2008-04-26, 01:09   Link #118
crusnick

Quote:
Wait until you watch ep24 (the Tomoyo story) before playing the game and you should be okay (if they do a good job on it)
Ah that's Good!
Thanks for Help, I'll wait
Old 2008-04-29, 15:17   Link #119
ChronoReverse

Gah. Why did I have to read this story. Such a cruel path to lay out for Tomoyo (I would even say sick and twisted if not for the strong themes and the knowledge of the reasoning behind) and yet the whole thing is still beautiful and fitting.

I don't think I'd have the mental fortitude to ever do something like this to my characters even if I determined to write something a little deeper.
Old 2008-05-01, 22:36   Link #120
Allithus

about the ps2 version which i hadn't played but red a lot on and seen the ending on youtube
Spoiler for Tomoyo After and Thoughts:
Closed Thread