AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-30, 11:54   Link #381
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Characters that are hard to read:
  • Teresa: never used more than 10%, so nobody knew her real strength.
  • Riful: Good at hiding her true power.
  • Rafaela: Pretended to be a #5
  • Priscilla: has the natural ability to hide her yoki.
  • Clare: Appears to have a small yoki, but she obviously gets more power than most can see.

I think many of you are quick to discount the one character that is even harder to read than Priscilla in the story. Last big fight she was in, she had already surpassed a #2 awakened being. Then there has been 7 years of trainning with unknown results. She has gained the knowledge and experience of Rafaela. And lets not forget that at one point of time she was completely merged with Raciella, and her body reformed out of Raciella, veins connecting both her and Raciella, as she reemerged as a single entity. What effect has this had on Clare? Is she still a Claymore, a half awakened, or something else?

With all this unknown potential Clare has now, why should her awakened form be weak?
Old 2009-12-30, 12:03   Link #382
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Okay, let me put it like this: Could Ghost Clare stand a chance against Claymore Priscilla? Would Claymore Priscilla pale in comparison to Super Abyssal Priscilla? If Priscilla is who she is now because all her potental awakened, then who would Clare be if all her hidden potential awakened? When Clare goes berserk the equation changes.
Old 2009-12-30, 12:23   Link #383
shogun01
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Me too. The anime really wasn't too bad until it diverged. It followed it faithfully and I liked it a lot. The divergence wasn't too bad, it just can't measure up to the original material is all.
Unfortunately, I kept my expectation a little to high when watching the anime. I still enjoyed it, but I would probably have enjoyed it much more, if I kept my expectations a bit lower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I find Claymore threads to be the most active ones in the forum, its amazing.
Yeah, it seems that the Claymore fans are more vocal, than the Naruto fans.
Old 2009-12-30, 12:23   Link #384
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Okay, let me put it like this: Could Ghost Clare stand a chance against Claymore Priscilla? Would Claymore Priscilla pale in comparison to Super Abyssal Priscilla? If Priscilla is who she is now because all her potental awakened, then who would Clare be if all her hidden potential awakened? When Clare goes berserk the equation changes.
Here's the thing though Gangsta, Priscilla is unique because of her exponential growth. That sort of puts her, in terms of awakening, in a class of her own.

Would Ghost Claire have a chance against Claymore Priscilla....Claire would probably win by a small margin; Priscilla's inexperience would be the biggest factor in her defeat.

Would Claymore Priscilla pale in comparison to her awakened form?..........Well derr.

Claire, if she awoke, I would say would put up a good fight against Priscilla. Would she win? I don't know, but I'm leaning toward No. Still, the effects she went under when she was merged with Raciella, may have had a larger effect on her then we know like you say.

The problem that lies ahead for Yagi is, if she DOES put up a good fight and/or wins or whatever, is finding a way to make it sensible and logically understandable, without making it seem cliched that the protagonist is suddenly super-powerful and powered-up.
Old 2009-12-30, 12:24   Link #385
Creangeru
posting in a retarded way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
I'd say Ghost Clare could stand a chance against Claymore Priscilla, but Claymore Priscilla wouldn't even know what killed her, if she were to go against Super Abyssal Priscilla.
The only problem would be, that Claymore Priscilla would awaken regardless as she is fighting an opponent equal or stronger than her. So your first question will quickly evolve to question no. 2.
Old 2009-12-30, 12:27   Link #386
elyK

I will take a stab at it:

I believe that is also part of the problem; Clare going berserk. Even if she does go berserk and kills Priscilla, who is going to bring her back? From her past berserk-filled antics, Jean died to bring Clare back. Though Clare could still talk to everyone, she couldn't control her appendages and was losing control all together. That was just with Rigardo. With Priscilla she can't leave anything on the table. Of course we would have to see how she acts when fully awakened; I would have to take a guess and say she wouldn't be the nicest individual. All that might have been accomplished was replacing one super strong person (Priscilla) with another (Clare). That would be an interesting turn of events if Yagi decided to go that route.
Old 2009-12-30, 12:27   Link #387
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Here's the thing though Gangsta, Priscilla is unique because of her exponential growth. That sort of puts her, in terms of awakening, in a class of her own.
okay now point me where it says exponential growth during awakening is something unique to Priscilla as a manga fact and not mere fanon.
Old 2009-12-30, 12:32   Link #388
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima View Post
Yagi wants the 100th chapter to be epic! and I am heartily waiting!!
I hope it wont be a flash back tho unless Teresa is involved...
Was anything special done for the 50th chapter? Or is 100 the first milestone manga's have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun01 View Post
Unfortunately, I kept my expectation a little to high when watching the anime. I still enjoyed it, but I would probably have enjoyed it much more, if I kept my expectations a bit lower.
I watched the anime first so I had no idea what to expect other than chick with swords killing monsters.

Quote:
Yeah, it seems that the Claymore fans are more vocal, than the Naruto fans.
Can't even compare the two.
Old 2009-12-30, 12:33   Link #389
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyK View Post
I will take a stab at it:

I believe that is also part of the problem; Clare going berserk. Even if she does go berserk and kills Priscilla, who is going to bring her back? From her past berserk-filled antics, Jean died to bring Clare back. Though Clare could still talk to everyone, she couldn't control her appendages and was losing control all together. That was just with Rigardo. With Priscilla she can't leave anything on the table. Of course we would have to see how she acts when fully awakened; I would have to take a guess and say she wouldn't be the nicest individual. All that might have been accomplished was replacing one super strong person (Priscilla) with another (Clare). That would be an interesting turn of events if Yagi decided to go that route.
There is a reason Chiba pointed out that Clare has gained Soul Link from Rafaela.
Old 2009-12-30, 12:38   Link #390
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
okay now point me where it says exponential growth during awakening is something unique to Priscilla as a manga fact and not mere fanon.
*points to Databooks with one finger

*points to chapter 25, page 16 with another.

I know what you're trying to say by, all their potential being released with they awaken, but it's different.

(.........haven't we already had this discussion? )
Old 2009-12-30, 12:44   Link #391
elyK

Quote:
There is a reason Chiba pointed out that Clare has gained Soul Link from Rafaela.
Sure. I guess I would have to look back (I didn't see that being said), but how can she be linked with Rafaela when she is gone? The destroyer is something new right? Clare has everything that Rafaela possessed, unless Rafaela didn't give her everything. Does this also go along with the mistake Clare was making?
Old 2009-12-30, 12:47   Link #392
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
*points to Databooks with one finger

*points to chapter 25, page 16 with another.

I know what you're trying to say by, all their potential being released with they awaken, but it's different.

Well I did say Manga fact, not databook fact. but couldn't you at least quote the book instead of just say databook.

As for Chapter 25, page 16, I don't see anything that says something is unique to Priscilla there.
Old 2009-12-30, 12:51   Link #393
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

While we can all hold the databooks as questionable because they are written from the Organization's ignorant point-of-view, I can't believe Yagi would go to the effort of creating them if they were all false, don't ya think? We shouldn't view them with complete dismissal.

.....Just forget it, I can already see where this discussion is going.
Old 2009-12-30, 12:59   Link #394
elyK

It seems I misread a bit of info in my post above about the soul link, but I still am curious about who she is going to link with?
Old 2009-12-30, 13:02   Link #395
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Geez shieky You've could've just quoted the Databook, you know.
Old 2009-12-30, 13:05   Link #396
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyK View Post
It seems I misread a bit of info in my post above about the soul link, but I still am curious about who she is going to link with?
Don't think linearly. Where did Partial Awakening come from? Jean's Will Power + Irene's Quick Sword, awakning just one arm ==> Clare's Partial Awakening Technique. Who says that a new concept can't be founded on the Soul Link?
Old 2009-12-30, 13:24   Link #397
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

You asked though exactly what Claire is now: I still view her as a half-awakened. We've never gotten any indication from her that her body has changed physically into something else, even though the possibility is there.

Until their's something concrete, I see her as the same as before.
Old 2009-12-30, 13:29   Link #398
SagaraSouske

It is certainly possible to have an exponential power up for Clare. It would just make the story stupid that is all.
Old 2009-12-30, 13:45   Link #399
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
It is certainly possible to have an exponential power up for Clare. It would just make the story stupid that is all.
Heh, like I said, that's the problem Yagi faces; giving Claire more power and not making it come off as a cliche.
Old 2009-12-30, 13:46   Link #400
Tevourious

Holy crap...........

I think Priss has regained her "I think I'm a Claymore" pesona albiet twisted. I think she's cross wired in her thoughs. It's obvious, awakening is mentally disorienting. Even more so if yer unstable to begin with. Priss, Ophelia, I'm looking at you. But all this is known allready. My point is. Priss is in "quasi claymore thinking" Must kill damn dirty Yoma!!! But is also MUST FEED.... "Must Eat Flesh Kill dirty Yoma!" Therefore. "Must eat damn dirty Yoma cause eating people is what Yoma do! And I'm a Claymore. I forgot that once.... Raki was nice to me and I got better! But then I just enjoyed his company and forgot what I was doing. But then I got even more better and remember I'm Claymore so I have to Kill Yoma...NOMNOMNOMNOM"

More or less her thinking. There is also "True Awakened mental state of Priss" I think thats pulling her were she needs to go. This is the one gauging power and making dark comments and craving power, thats her cruel streak." I have no doubt she'd eat Isley right now if he was still alive, now that she's in Looney mode again.
Closed Thread