AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-05-23, 23:19   Link #841
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

OKC just didn't look right offensively once Harden fouled out.
Old 2011-05-23, 23:21   Link #842
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Man, when Harden fouled out, OKC flopped hard.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 08:26   Link #843
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

OKC only have three true scorers - Durant, Westbrook and Harden. Once Harden was gone, they didn't have the perimeter threat to give Durant space. And they couldn't stop Nowitzki either. Whoever comes out of the East has to be able to contain Dirk.
Old 2011-05-24, 08:46   Link #844
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
OKC only have three true scorers - Durant, Westbrook and Harden. Once Harden was gone, they didn't have the perimeter threat to give Durant space. And they couldn't stop Nowitzki either. Whoever comes out of the East has to be able to contain Dirk.
I think Chris Bosh has a good record against Dirk... and don't forget 06!

Udonis you did it!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 21:21   Link #845
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
I honestly don't think that the NBA is rigged. Yes, the refs make a lot of mistakes, but that's because they're just human. And yes, they do give calls to KD, but they're called Superstar calls, not KD calls, i.e. every superstar gets them and everyone who's ever had to defend one during the playoffs knows this. My chief proof back is in '08 when LeBron vs. Kobe was being hyped like crazy. Remember all those Nike ads? No doubt, if the NBA really wanted to make more money, they would've rigged it so that Cleveland won against the Magic.
This. If the NBA was indeed rigged right now, they could have rigged it so that Kobe and LeBron will meet in the Finals. Heh, so much for the hype.

Not sure about this time, though. But I still honestly think NBA isn't rigged right now, even if there's so much hype for the Heat's Big 3 to win not just one championship, but multiple ones. They could have rigged the NBA all year long if they want to make the hype happen.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 22:34   Link #846
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

What hustle what heart! Keep hatin on Lebron, but he the best!! What a great game...Heat vs. Mavs will be a dream NBA Finals!!
Old 2011-05-24, 22:37   Link #847
Elo the Blue

Miami up 3-1 baby!

LeBron, Wade, Bosh and Miller made some really clutch shots in the 4th and in OT. Wade and LeBron's defensive efforts late were just insane.
Old 2011-05-24, 22:37   Link #848
yeahitschris

didn't watch the whole game, just the last shot of the 4th quarter. hopefully mavericks can do it in 7
Old 2011-05-24, 22:48   Link #849
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

That was an epic game tonight. Brilliant defensive efforts from both teams. Chicago dominated paint scoring but Miami was far better at the perimeter and jump shots. James shut down Rose really well. Miller's 4th quarter burst was clutch, Chalmers's 2nd quarter one was handy too. Bosh ground his way into the game and was clutch late despite his foul trouble. James delivered, even making up for botching Miami's play in the final seconds of regulation by denying Rose a decent shot. Chicago lost the war of attrition with not having Asik available - Noah, Deng and Boozer were in meltdown come overtime. And Rose - well...he didn't do enough. Boozer and Deng were more effective on offense but once their minutes racked up too high, they just couldn't get it done anymore. Spoelstra managed his lineup well to have his ideal lineup on the court late 4th quarter, most of them well rested. It showed with how frenzied Miami were on defense.

Looks look the 2006 rematch is on now. It shall be epic. Crossing my fingers that One somehow get hold of the Finals as well like they got hold of the Miami-Chicago series.

Watching highlights of the Dallas - OKC overtime thriller, I can't believe OKC blew a 15 point lead that late so quickly...Nowitzki was on fire, but still...OKC didn't even try to manage the clock! Grind the clown down every possession in that situation, don't take wild shots just because you're up by that margin. Oklahoma blew their big chance. And they look set to have an off-season to contemplate how to fix that. Not to mention whether they can get a post-up, paint scorer. IMO they need one.

PS. Charles Barkley - eat your words, son. That chant by the Miami crowd at the end of overtime - you got owned. You were right about Dallas but you were wrong about Miami. Be glad that you were lucky enough to be inside the arena tonight, because you got pelted in that outside broadcast in Game 3.

PSS. Spoelstra just summed up this series perfectly with his opening words. 'This series is a bloodbath. This is a grind. It is impossible to get offensive flow.' But hey, if Miami get this good a defensive mindset, they will make life hard for Dallas who have been enjoying offensive barrages. Not that Dallas aren't capable of good defense themselves, because they are.
Old 2011-05-24, 22:54   Link #850
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Well, when the average age of your team is like 25.7, it's not really a shocker that they blew that lead. It's not like they really have veteran leadership on the court.
Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
This. If the NBA was indeed rigged right now, they could have rigged it so that Kobe and LeBron will meet in the Finals. Heh, so much for the hype.

Not sure about this time, though. But I still honestly think NBA isn't rigged right now, even if there's so much hype for the Heat's Big 3 to win not just one championship, but multiple ones. They could have rigged the NBA all year long if they want to make the hype happen.
When people say the NBA is rigged, I don't think they mean as a guarantee that as an automatic that what Stern wants will happen. It just that people feel that the refs favor larger markets or teams with a big stars (see those bogus Durant calls posted on the last page) when it comes to calls, especially in the Playoffs. Great teams can overcome that, yes, but when like 6 teams have basically won the championships since 1970 and the Boston Celtics and the Lakers have won 33 of 64 championships, parity is an issue.

The Tim Donahue scandal added fuel to that fire.

Last edited by Dilla; 2011-05-24 at 23:10.
Old 2011-05-24, 23:02   Link #851
judasmartel
*Author

I'm expecting a Mavs-Heat rematch in the Finals, but not this imminent. The 4% chance of coming back from 1-3 down isn't really reassuring.

Come to think of it, is the Mavs-Heat rivalry the new Lakers-Celtics?
Old 2011-05-24, 23:26   Link #852
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
I'm expecting a Mavs-Heat rematch in the Finals, but not this imminent. The 4% chance of coming back from 1-3 down isn't really reassuring.

Come to think of it, is the Mavs-Heat rivalry the new Lakers-Celtics?
No way. Both teams were radically different when they met in the Finals in '06. Boston and LA were relatively the same from '08 to '10.
Old 2011-05-24, 23:27   Link #853
judasmartel
*Author

Then I guess we will have to wait for another rematch if ever, no?

The Heat's Big 3 "promised" multiple championships for Miami, after all.
Old 2011-05-25, 03:45   Link #854
Mentar
Banned

Assuming that the finals _will_ be Dallas vs Miami (relatively sure about the Mavs, but I'd still give Chicago a small fighting chance), I think it's gonna be a very interesting matchup.

Dallas' strength has been a great diversity in the offense. You concentrate on suppressing one threat too much and get killed by the others. Last game was the first time that Nowitzki had to _force_ it during crunch time. And boy, he did. Otherwise, a Terry, Parea, Stojakovic or Marion could run hot when the opponent was concentrating on Dirk too much. I'm very curious how Miami plans to contain him. I kinda doubt that siccing Haslem on him will yield the same results as in 2006.

Wade was strangely subdued last game, but he finally woke up in OT. LeBron - wow.

Anyway, let's wait for the semis to be completed before we're tackling the finals.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 22:21   Link #855
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Wow - that comeback by Miami was epic. And now we have the Miami-Dallas rematch.

James and Wade struggle for so long then go utterly ballistic. That's class for you.

Boozer needs to learn to not run his mouth off. He gave up flagrants in Games 4 and 5 that changed the momentum. Plus his 'Big Two' comment led to Bosh being a dominant player in the series. Thanks for shooting yourself in the foot, Boozer.

Chicago have most of the pieces of the puzzle. But they need a second scorer. Which I guess was supposed to be Boozer...but I'm not sure what they need now. Maybe a reliable perimeter scorer. Rose is not a perimeter scorer, Korver has been covered/double-teamed big-time in the playoffs, Deng is so-so.

Well, Miami showed they can claw big big deficits and get the win just like Dallas can. We shall be in for an epic Finals series.

Hmm....

Miami in six.
Old 2011-05-26, 22:27   Link #856
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Looks like the media needs to get off LeBron's jock for not finishing (this has gone on for his entire career, long before 'The Decision'), and go bug Rose and Durant about it.

Lookin' at you Charles Barkley and Skip Bayless.
Old 2011-05-26, 22:32   Link #857
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Looks like the media needs to get off LeBron's jock for not finishing (this has gone on for his entire career, long before 'The Decision'), and go bug Rose and Durant about it.

I still get the feeling they won't truly sing Lebron's praises until Lebron outdoes Dirk.
Old 2011-05-26, 22:33   Link #858
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post

Not only has he closed strong offensively, he's been simply amazing defensively. Him forcing a turnover late was huge. Blocking Rose on his final shot was icing on the cake.
Old 2011-05-26, 22:37   Link #859
Elo the Blue

Also, my man Wade deserves a lot of credit for going 4 for 5 in the 4th after going 2 for 8 before that.
Old 2011-05-26, 23:23   Link #860
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Sad day for Heat Haters, good thing I'm not one^^...Bulls played so hard, but 2 guys plus pinch of Bosh has proven to be enuff...

Dream Finals up next...I hope it goes 7!