AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-10, 11:30   Link #21
mironicus

Quote:
hm, I'd say the anime tends to be focusing more on Sena than anyone else in the harem
Well, if Yozora would invite Kodaka to visit her don't you think he would not do this?
Sena takes the initiative and Kodaka is a person who can't easily say "no" to others request if it does not harm him. Sena is very desperate and serious to find someone who she can talk to. Kodaka is rather passive, but calm and kind and dependable. Sena's senses are very sharp and she acknowledged him fast as a person she can trusts. She benefits from him (learning how to swim, getting a cell phone) and his kindness for just giving and taking nothing in return makes him attractive. ^^
Old 2011-12-10, 23:31   Link #22
Sixth
Hu Tao

Kodaka definitely a better harem lead than many spineless harem protagonists. He knows how to deal with girls. He don't let those girls pushing him around. Instead, the girls take his words seriously.

The best thing, he can cook and free from bully.
Old 2011-12-11, 06:23   Link #23
mironicus

Kodaka is someone who could be a good "house husband". Married to a career woman he mainly takes care of the household and raising the children. I suppose their are woman out there that would just drool about this thought.

Quote:
He don't let those girls pushing him around.
Kodaka has a weak resistance against people that want to socialize with him in a honest way. He stays overnight at Senas house, he helps her in all her requests. Kodaka can still be easily fooled by feminine charms (with the exception of his own sister). So if you act sweet every girl gets his attention. If someone bitches around he would stay away from her. So his presence alone will force the girls to stay in good terms amongst themselves (and that can form female friendships).

An upcoming romance could destroy the harmony of the club.

If Yozora would bully him or his sister I suppose that he would quit the club immediately. If someone used to be alone he is able to break new chains easily. Also Sena needs to be careful in approaching Kodaka, because her pushing could go to a limit. His own feelings towards the girls remains a secret. And that makes the girls nervous. ^^
Old 2011-12-11, 06:55   Link #24
nestea2004

Send a message via AIM to nestea2004 Send a message via Yahoo to nestea2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post
Kodaka is someone who could be a good "house husband". Married to a career woman he mainly takes care of the household and raising the children. I suppose their are woman out there that would just drool about this thought.

Kodaka has a weak resistance against people that want to socialize with him in a honest way. He stays overnight at Senas house, he helps her in all her requests. Kodaka can still be easily fooled by feminine charms (with the exception of his own sister). So if you act sweet every girl gets his attention. If someone bitches around he would stay away from her. So his presence alone will force the girls to stay in good terms amongst themselves (and that can form female friendships).

An upcoming romance could destroy the harmony of the club.

If Yozora would bully him or his sister I suppose that he would quit the club immediately. If someone used to be alone he is able to break new chains easily. Also Sena needs to be careful in approaching Kodaka, because her pushing could go to a limit. His own feelings towards the girls remains a secret. And that makes the girls nervous. ^^
Maybe it would destroy the harmony of the club, but then again...I think its been suggested (though I don't know how accurate it is) that Yozora actually started this club for them..The others are just extra's :P
Old 2011-12-11, 10:55   Link #25
novalysis

Quote:

Think for it for a moment though . If Kodaka ends up with ,
Spoiler for Light Novel:
Sena , being a House Husband would be a rather viable option , though not a complete necessity.

He wouldn't have to work for a living mind you in this scenario , though I wonder what is the source of Sena's family wealth.
Old 2011-12-11, 17:18   Link #26
Johnny
Working the bags...

That would only happen if Sena changed her lusting after Kobato ways. Up to the current volume 7 he still makes sure to keep her away from Sena as best he can. Even when it comes to just sitting at a table, i.e the School Festival Activity meeting chapter. "Come let Onee-chan have a lick!!" Pretty sure I wouldn't want my little sister around a person like that either...

He does seem to have a pleasing gene in him though. Nothing wrong with that as long as he don't let people walk all over him all the time...
Old 2011-12-11, 19:30   Link #27
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

I see a lot of people complaining that Kodaka is so perfect that he's boring. Personally, I haven't been impressed with a harem male protagonist like him since Tomoya Okazaki. Sure, his lack of flaws make him seem sue-like, but I think he makes up for it by being funny (the cell phone episode also showed that he's far from normal).

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2011-12-11, 22:36   Link #28
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
That would only happen if Sena changed her lusting after Kobato ways. Up to the current volume 7 he still makes sure to keep her away from Sena as best he can. Even when it comes to just sitting at a table, i.e the School Festival Activity meeting chapter. "Come let Onee-chan have a lick!!" Pretty sure I wouldn't want my little sister around a person like that either...
I think the issue isn't lusting over his little sister but Sena's inability to display genuine emotions of love or being very bad at it. Hence why it comes off the way it does to Kobato and further Kodaka.
Old 2011-12-12, 05:01   Link #29
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
I think the issue isn't lusting over his little sister but Sena's inability to display genuine emotions of love or being very bad at it. Hence why it comes off the way it does to Kobato and further Kodaka.
The thing is , if we want to be charitable to Sena , we could argue that she sees Kobato as the little sister she never had. Unfortunately , her concept of Imouto has been warped by her exposure to Eroge. For that's really all that she knows regarding such relationships

From the light novel , if the
Spoiler for Light Novel:

What will come out of it of course is the main question here. But we digress a little. This is the point where Kodaka meets Sena discussion.

To be honest though , if you showed me a picture of Kodaka with Kobato and Sena and told me that Kodaka and Sena are twins and Kobato is the Imouto , I would believe you, if I did not have prior knowledge of the anime .

Last edited by novalysis; 2011-12-12 at 08:02.
Old 2011-12-12, 06:32   Link #30
mironicus

Those cuddling could also be refered as "motherly love". From the viewpoint of a man this makes Sena more attractive I suppose.

I saw a picture in the light novel during the summer festival (next episode in the Anime) that Kodaka blushes about seeing Sena cuddling Kobato. He seems to be a little bit jealous that Sena openly prefers her over him.
Old 2011-12-12, 07:45   Link #31
VVolf
夜空派

Quote:
Those cuddling could also be refered as "motherly love". From the viewpoint of a man this makes Sena more attractive I suppose.

I saw a picture in the light novel during the summer festival (next episode in the Anime) that Kodaka blushes about seeing Sena cuddling Kobato. He seems to be a little bit jealous that Sena openly prefers her over him.
Sorry to say this, but if you look closely, it's obviously Rika Kodaka's looking at. And he's definitely not blushing. And I don't blame him, especially how Rika is "eating" her chocolate banana.

"Then, I'll treat you as more important than a hundred people. Even if there were a hundred...no, a million or a trillion people, even if it means standing against the entire world, I'll still be your friend no matter what." Taka (Kodaka) to Sora (Yozora), "Past", vol 1.
Old 2011-12-12, 08:05   Link #32
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVolf View Post
Sorry to say this, but if you look closely, it's obviously Rika Kodaka's looking at. And he's definitely not blushing. And I don't blame him, especially how Rika is "eating" her chocolate banana.
It is obvious that at this point , there will be an outcry if either Sena or Yozora wins in the end , for their respective fans would spark flame-wars between each other worthy of the Sena-Yozora squabbles.

Of course , given that we don't know whether Hagani will get a second season yet , the light novel might never be animated to that theoretical point. But there are going to be some light-novel material that would likely earn the ire of Yozora fans. Such as Kodaka's
Spoiler for Light Novel:
Old 2011-12-12, 11:36   Link #33
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
The thing is , if we want to be charitable to Sena , we could argue that she sees Kobato as the little sister she never had. Unfortunately , her concept of Imouto has been warped by her exposure to Eroge. For that's really all that she knows regarding such relationships.
That was my point. Sena has issues showing/expressing her emotions, which we've seen regularly in the anime. Now its a question if Kodaka will realize this and try to help, or continue to simply be the wall behind with Kobato hides because Sena doesn't know any better.
Old 2011-12-17, 03:22   Link #34
mironicus

Kodaka tends to say "Don't judge a book by it's cover!" in the VN.

He idealizes friendship very much, as he would care "100 times much more" for a friend as for other people. But this could also be interpreted as "love" if you tell that straight to a girl. Yozora seems to be confused about her own feelings for him.

This would also mean that the personality of a human is very important for Kodaka. None of the girls qualify to be his friend from this point of view. Therefore he is very hard to approach for the girls. During the time in the club everyone has the chance to improve their own social skills. Kodaka might prefer the girl that improves most.
Old 2011-12-17, 05:46   Link #35
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@mironicus

Okay, I don't know why nobody else had bothered to do this sooner but I'll be the one to say it so that you would stop making the mistake:

mironicus, it's a Light Novel - LN, not a Visual Novel - VN

(-_-);

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-12-17 at 11:20. Reason: typo
Old 2011-12-18, 19:36   Link #36
brutalman

The scene with the takoyaki in episode 11 made me realise that Kodaka is more than just a good cook, he's a pretty serious gourmet. None of the girls have picked up that this would probably be a good route to his heart. I suppose because none of them are interested in food themselves. Even Meat!
Old 2012-01-01, 08:43   Link #37
mironicus

Did you notice that some references to Kodaka being not so handsome were mainly left out in the Anime? Well, obviously that would not be so believable for the audience that only watched the TV show as the character design of the Anime is just so beautiful so even the main hero of the show looks kind of handsome...
Old 2012-01-01, 15:52   Link #38
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

If I remember correctly, the book describes him as very handsome. It's hard to tell with this series though, as the Neighbors' Club will obviously never tell him that, and there aren't any other characters to give a second opinion.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-01-01, 21:51   Link #39
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
If I remember correctly, the book describes him as very handsome. It's hard to tell with this series though, as the Neighbors' Club will obviously never tell him that, and there aren't any other characters to give a second opinion.
I don't recall Kodaka describes as very handsome. I don't know on magazine or other book, but on the light novel itself since it was narrated from Kodaka's point of view, he never told us reader that people said that he's handsome.

As for other characters, from Neighbor Club I only remember Rika and Maria. On her debut and first conversation with Kodaka, when Rika knew the first time Kodaka is half-Japanese half-English she said that she thought all halfs are good-looking (bishounen), indicating that although she likes him but she didn't find him good-looking/handsome. This conversation were put in the preview segment on episode 4.

For Maria, her part was omitted completely on the anime. It was when Yozora first came to club room after she cut her hair. When she wore uniform Rika brought, Maria got scared of her because she thought she was a good-looking boy as she heard from other nun conversation that good-looking boys 'eat' cute girls. When Maria hide behind Kodaka, she innocently said to Kodaka that she felt safe and comfortable with Kodaka because he wasn't good-looking at all

There is a character whom said Kodaka is handsome. But she hasn't appeared on anime yet.
Old 2012-01-02, 03:05   Link #40
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Kodaka had a scary look, doesn't mean he was ugly looking.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters