AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-09-11, 01:21   Link #4801
omega253

You have to remember that Alucard has millions of lives stored up. I deduce that being a vampire who is centuries old, he would probably absorb some magicians here and there. Due to this, the mana/soul content in his body is so high that it is regenerating him faster than the Imagine Breaker can kill him.

I just wonder whether or not Alucard would get bored of exploding and unleash his limiters to send an army of monsters/absorbed souls at Touma.

Hey..... Do you think some of the souls that Alucard has stocked up could be past holders of the Imagine Breaker? Of at least hold knowledge of it. It seems extremely likely, considering how many souls he has absorbed.

Makes you wonder what happens if Alucard was a friend with one of them, then he would consider Touma a close friend.

Cue Touma freaking out/fainting at finding out that Alucard considers him a friend. And also the people around them trying to get in Touma's good favor so that they can get both a magic nullifier and nigh-unstoppable super vampire on their side.

Oh god, I just remembered.

Girlycard meeting Touma. I think I am seeing a glimpse of why Touma's love life would put him in real danger now.
Old 2013-09-11, 01:27   Link #4802
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I know nothing about hellsing except about some guy liking wars

...eeewwww lol
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 01:31   Link #4803
omega253

...... That's it? What the hell.

Read up on it. It has both manga and OVA. Don't try the anime, though, it's crap compared to the OVA.

This is also one of the few OVA that has decent English dubs. Alucard's evil laughter is just chilling.....

I recommend you read it and come back to look over my ideas. Of at least google Alucard's character profile.
Old 2013-09-11, 02:28   Link #4804
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
She doesn't seem to think much of IB. Perhaps she doesn't care or does not grasp the implications behind its existence. Who knows? But she definitely would keep an eye on him. His ability could be labelled as interesting, but no more or less than that. Overall, surveillance but minimal contact.

-----

Ting ling ting

"Owner!", Touma walks in. His hands are full wtih three brown paper bags, each one filled with very different things as suggested by their sizes. One was clearly defined, small and rectangular, a book. Another was big, rounded at the bottom, groceries, maybe food judging by the bagette sticking out the top. The last one was rather ctinkly, the odd point poking out here and there but still shapeless, tools.

"Ah thanks Touma.", the middle aged man waved from behind the counter. He jabbed a thumb behind him, "Just put it all in the back will you?"

"Aren't you going to help me? This is all your stuff anyway!"

The man behind the counter stared at him. He was facing a computer, rather out of place considering the antiquity of the cash register and his shop in general, even though it sold something as contemporary as jeans. "I'm rather busy."

Touma grumbled, "Oh please, you're just chatting up middle school girls.".

"Saten-chan is a customer! a cus-to-mer! This is work!"

"Whatever.", the young man sighed in exasperation as he struggled around the displayed items with his hands full. He opened the door and stepped inside, leaving behind the world which resembled some form of normalcy. What greeted him was darkness, an odd darkness that did not completely rob you of your sight. There was no light but there was no lack of vision at all. As if it was rightly calculated how dim everything should be. Touma moved about even more carefully than before. Despite officially retiring, once a mage, always a mage. Behind the front of a simple jeans shop owner, the blonde middle aged man at the counter was actually one of the most skilled trackers in Great Britain. Touma had some level of respect for the man, one that was completely lost once women were added into any form of conversation, company or god forbid topic when interacting with the man.

He roughly dropped his burden on the worktable he could not see but knew was there. Rubbing the ache from his arms and shoulders, he wondered wether he should go home to prepare dinner at this time. It seemed his companion was coming back after a long while now.

Ting ling ting

The sound of the front door bell catches the young man's attention. He steps out of the arcane atelier and back into reality. The dimness leaves his eyes but his sight is not impeded by the sudden brightness, proof that the darkness had been unnatural. Standing at the door was a woman in a shirt and jeans, dressed in a way one would call lewd as the shirt was tied off to show a flat stomach and navel, accenting bountiful breasts. The jeans had one whole leg cut off exposing creamy skin of a leg up through the whole thigh and tempting peeks of supple flesh of a round behind. Her ebony hair contrasted starkly with the fairness of her skin giving her an almost glow. But her beautiful features were not what made her notable, it was the two meter long sword holstered around the cowboy belt at her waist. Matching cowboy boots tapped the wooden flooring, announcing an exceptional presence that could only be described as sexy.

The two men however had mixed reactions.

"Still cutting up jeans I see"

"What's up Kanzaki?"

The jeans shop owner and Touma respectively said their greetings at the same time.

Despite the bombshell that had just walked in, the two personally knowing her were not perturbed by how attractive she was.

"What? No greetings for me?"

The sultry voice that slithered around the shop sent shivers up and down the two males' spines. A good shiver. A blonde woman who was poorly dressed for the colder weather of October appeared behind the one known as Kanzaki. The blonde had her hair in ringlets, a simple black tube top or bra that looked like it was having trouble holding back boobs that exceeded even the swordswoman's. The blonde wore a sarong, understandable as the long skirt she wore resembled papers that had gone through an office shredder, showing all of her leg and, if left undisturbed, panties.

"Orianna's here too!?", Touma nearly jumped in surprise.

The blonde with the curls pouted at his reaction, "Not only do you not greet me, you even act like you don't want me here.".

Touma was quick to correct himself, "N-no! Not at all. It's just that..."

"Well?", Orianna leaned forward with interest and a grin. "What is it?"

The young man's eyes narrowed into a flat glare when he got a clean look down the lady's cleavage, "You're doing that on purpose aren't you?"

"Well what if I am?", she challenged.

Touma opened his mouth but the first to speak wasn't him. "Then I will forcibly remove you from his presence.", were Kanzaki's words of cold barely restrained fury.

"You know he likes it. Why take it away?"

"Because I don't like it.", Kanzaki brings up her Shichiten Shichitou.

"Well I guess that's too bad.", Orianna pulled out her flash cards. "I was hoping to double up with you."

"Guys.", Touma stepped forward, but soemthing pulled him back. "Owner?".

"Sit down kid. This is one hell of a cat fight that's gonna happen."

Touma gave the man a flat glare. "If they notice you holding that digi-cam then it'd be one hell of a beating that's gonna happen."

I am now hooked on this like it were crack. I need more! Especially Oriana. I never see her in any FF.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 10:35   Link #4805
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
About a couple months ago, I became heavily interested in Railgun S. Since then, I've gone back and watched all of the original Railgun.

There's a fanfic idea I've been bouncing around in my head since then, that would crossover Railgun (and possibly Index) with Madoka Magica. I finally decided to give it a shot earlier this evening. I've never wrote a Railgun or Index fanfic before, so my first order of business is trying to capture Mikoto's voice. I'd love to know from Raildex fans if they think I've managed to do so or not.

To sort of bring the two anime shows closer together for the cross-over, and to explore characters in a bit of a different way, I'm made a major character from PMMM the cousin of a major character from Raildex. I'll let you the reader find out which characters I'm talking about.

Needless to say, if you read this fanfic without having watched Madoka Magica, it will spoil you quite a bit on it. The fanfic begins with an actual scene from PMMM.

Anyway, I now give to you A Certain Magical Railgun. I'm posting this here instead of at the Madoka Magica subforum because I'm particularly interested in getting reviews from Raildex fans.

Spoiler for A Certain Magical Railgun:
This was reallly good, I can't wait to read the whole thing. Although since I know you don't read Index you should look up Takitsubo's dependency/addiction on Body Crystal since you're going to be using ITEM. It doesn't become a fatal problem until about a month or two after where Railgun is now but you should still know about it. Also did you know that espers can't use magic without self-destructing?

Quote:
She doesn't seem to think much of IB. Perhaps she doesn't care or does not grasp the implications behind its existence. Who knows? But she definitely would keep an eye on him. His ability could be labelled as interesting, but no more or less than that. Overall, surveillance but minimal contact.

-----

Spoiler for story:
I cannot wait to read more of this Are you still going to follow canon events like Index's arc or anything else?
Old 2013-09-11, 10:41   Link #4806
demino_hellsin
That one guy

At the very least Index arc will happen, but in a different way. Preceding that is probably an Oriana arc. A brunhild arc as per suggestion of Omega. Also need to deal with accelerator somehow.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-09-11 at 11:57.
Old 2013-09-11, 16:45   Link #4807
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

How do you guys feel about a saint and level 5 fighting each other?

I'm kind of cautious about it, though I feel it could make for a great scenario. But the only real comparison we have is Misaka vs Brunhild, and that fight was too incomplete to really give a proper scale. The more I think about it, the more I feel a fight wouldn't be as balanced as I had imagined it would be, so I'm feeling a bit inclined to wait until more canon information comes out before brainstorming that kind of scenario.

silverexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 16:55   Link #4808
omega253

I'd like to see it happen. Although you would have to be careful, considering the power levels.

I have to ask: which Saint and which Level 5, though?
Old 2013-09-11, 17:11   Link #4809
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

Mugino and an undecided saint. I would want it to be a guy for certain reasons, but the only (named) male saint so far is kind of...not a saint anymore, supposedly. And considering the point in time the story takes place, Kanzaki may be the only feasible canon choice, though I can easily use an OC.

Looking at it from a matchup perspective, the second best option (oh, how I wish I could use Acqua T.T) would probably be Silvia, who would actually be really fun to use, but it would require a lot of work on my part to fit her in properly.

Old 2013-09-11, 17:13   Link #4810
omega253

In my opinion, the winner is kind of obvious as a Saint's physical condition is kind of monstrous. If the Saint wanted to win, it would be over in seconds or even less.

But Mugino is the Level 5, eh? She might be able to win if she landed a lucky hit in a vital, but I don't see any other way.
Old 2013-09-11, 17:20   Link #4811
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

That's my problem, actually. While their power levels are debatable, only Accelerator, Kakine, and probably Gunha can handle the sheer physical stamina and speed a saint possesses, while the others are kind of...squishy. So it comes down to sheer plot to help make the fight more interesting, which is no problem for me. But Misaka at least held her own against Brunhild, so there should be some comparison. I'll have to reread that part to be sure, though...

Old 2013-09-11, 17:22   Link #4812
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Mikoto almost never goes all out. You guys know that right?
Old 2013-09-11, 17:26   Link #4813
omega253

Not to mention the fact that Brunhild's Saint powers were kind of.... diluted, I guess?.... by also being a Valkyrie.

If it's a fight between a complete Saint and Level 5, you might have to actually create a Saint OC. >_>
Old 2013-09-11, 17:27   Link #4814
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

But Brunhild wasn't being serious either, which really ruins the chance for comparison...

Ah, Misaka!! You'd better pick a fight with Kanzaki or someone in the next novel! I need to see you fight!!! T.T

But in all seriousness, I'll probably have to use plot to balance it all out. And then some.

I have a saint OC complete with a backstory and read to kick some ass. I would still like some comparison, though...

Old 2013-09-11, 17:41   Link #4815
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Misaka level 5.02 versus saint
Old 2013-09-11, 18:12   Link #4816
omega253

I have an idea that might be crack or very serious.

It turns out that Touma's cousin, Tatsugami Otohime, is a Saint. When magic cabals hear word of this, they try to recruit/kidnap her for their purposes. Cue pissed-off Touma being Otohime's unofficial bodyguard.

How about it? I'd like to see someone try to make Touma act like an overprotective big brother (although overprotective might not be enough with magicians) to Otohime.
Old 2013-09-11, 18:12   Link #4817
demino_hellsin
That one guy

21st saint?

London Touma has a closer relationship to Otohime.

I think the idea would be interesting.
Old 2013-09-11, 18:20   Link #4818
omega253

E'yup. But I wonder what type of magic Otohime would have if she actually decides to learn it.

I was thinking something dragon-based, considering Tatsugami means Dragon God.

A Saint with dragon-based magic.... Oh the irony.
Old 2013-09-11, 19:15   Link #4819
tsunade666

Quote:
Misaka level 5.02 versus saint
If its double saint Aqua. Aqua would just shrug it. Kanzaki slash the water spear/wing attack of Misha.

the battle between a normal level 5 and a saint would be obvious unless a powerful plot advantage is given or the saint didn't use any magic. Look at Brunhild and Mikoto's fight and don't use the argument that Mikoto doesn't get serious in any fight. Look at her fight with Accelerator, if you can call it a fight.

Saint just has too much advantage. They can also use magic aside from powerful body. So lots of planning to even balance it out or at least make the level 5 win.

If its kakine and accelerator then they would probably destroy the place they are fighting and they can go all out with each other.
Old 2013-09-11, 19:39   Link #4820
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

Let's not forget Sogiita Gunha. He can match a saint's speed and endurance, and could probably tough out most direct magic attacks that a normal saint possesses. But he'd ultimately lose due to being, well, stupid, when any magician would use tactics to ultimately defeat him.

But I would love to see super powered Misaka against a saint. Considering how much her power would multiply with every margin of increase, I'd imagine she'd be able to knock one out in a single blow around the 50-75 percent area.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction