AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 25 20.49%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 31.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 19.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 18.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.82%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.82%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-20, 03:19   Link #221
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The obvious recurring problem with this series is that there's not enough Yui and Ritsu, KyotoAni Goddesses of Rock.
Old 2009-05-20, 03:25   Link #222
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Best guessing based on the manga and how they've been structuring the show, I'd say they could do 18 episodes. I doubt there is enough material in the two volumes for more than that, and I don't know how much is done on any later material since the second volume came out just a month or two before the anime started.

Judging by the stucture, they might have only 13 episodes, but if I'm reading the manga breaks verse episodes correctly, a fitting ending would be around a 14th or 15th episode...assuming they don't skip anything (though some of it might be repeatitive from earlier episodes). The remaining material in volume two could be left for a second season when they actually have enough material for a volume 3 (which I can guess would be the ending).
Old 2009-05-20, 03:29   Link #223
Kyourin
garbage collector

projects a second season ..

maybe after KyoAni finishes with Haruhi .. or an iteration of Full Metal Panic ..
Old 2009-05-20, 04:03   Link #224
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
And it should follow the fine tradition of Lucky Star and Hidamari Sketch: the later parts of the manga turning out to be more awesome than the anime itself.
That happens with practically every show that is based on an ongoing manga though.
Old 2009-05-20, 04:05   Link #225
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
That happens with practically every show that is based on an ongoing manga though.
True. Is it any surprise why I choose to keep silent whenever someone says such-and-such anime sucks (it being based off an on-going LN or manga series)?
Old 2009-05-20, 06:42   Link #226
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Interesting that you would mention that series because I happened to have dropped that after episode 1.
Well, that is an example of a series where the first episode is a (80%) COMPLETE red herring. Go back and watch it episodes 2 onwards. Maybe in this case it's not the cover, but you should also not judge a book by its prologue

After that, you may want to rethink your ep. 1 == all watching strategy. Yes, Gungrave is that good. Yes, the ep1 is that bad.
Old 2009-05-20, 10:59   Link #227
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This may be the most immediately popular of all the big KyoAni shows. The OP and ED zoomed to the upper reaches of the charts, and on 2channel they are already over 178,000 posts, which is incredible for seven episodes. There's no way KyoAni has "shot themselves in the foot" with this one, at least commercially.

But I'm afraid it's running out of steam for me. Heartwarming from time to time, incredibly moe, but not as funny as Lucky Star (for me) or as interesting as Suzumiya Haruhi. The Christmas episode seemed pretty limp, as far as I was concerned.

Maybe I still think KyoAni lost something important when they let Yamakan go.

Not that I'm going to stop watching or anything, but I'm finding several other shows more enjoyable: Eden, Phantom, Ristorante Paradiso, Pandora Hearts, Cross Game. And the OVAs Denpateki na Kanojo and Yurumates (which is the funniest recent show for me).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-05-20, 15:10   Link #228
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The seeming self imposed aggravation may be blocking one's senses when it comes to seeing character development, group bonding, and even increase in musical skills. There is not very much of this per episode, but there is some in each one.
I highly doubt that it would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
You're making the assumption that I was actually attempting a "srsfknbsns" mathematical quantification of your opinion, which is hardly the case. I was merely making a description of what your last reply looked like to me, and if I missed the point, whose fault is it? Certainly not mine, since I went to all the trouble to make your post as understandable as I can make it.

Better. Much more concise. I could start pointing out the answers to your questions, but since you've made the mistake of allowing me to get on your nerves, I think it's best you sleep it off for today. You'll probably feel better off next time, and I've got other things to do anyway.
You made the assumption that I made the assumption that you were truly attempting a "srsfknbsns" mathematicfal quanitification of my opinion. I was merely talking about your attempt to say that if something has "XYZ" then I'll dislike it or something.

And don't worry, it takes a lot for me to get really pissed. It's not like I neg repped people in this thread for disagreeing with me (The brilliance of the Animesuki forum).

Moreover, lets wait for the next chapter of this series to unfold, as I do indeed got other things that need taking care of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Anyway, since the viewers like Reckoner who aren't satisfied by how the show is going about it is in the minority, I suppose the stories' appeal is there as long as we can accept the notion, it's not for everyone.

Peace be with us all!

And both Ascaloth and Reckoner could use some sleep at this point.
Well I took up your offer, amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
NOOOO!!!

What am I supposed to do with my popcorn now?

Thanks for making me feel like a circus clown .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Well, that is an example of a series where the first episode is a (80%) COMPLETE red herring. Go back and watch it episodes 2 onwards. Maybe in this case it's not the cover, but you should also not judge a book by its prologue

After that, you may want to rethink your ep. 1 == all watching strategy. Yes, Gungrave is that good. Yes, the ep1 is that bad.
I guess I could give it a second shot, but I'll have to wait until I finish my other backlogged series.
Old 2009-05-20, 18:44   Link #229
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
This may be the most immediately popular of all the big KyoAni shows. The OP and ED zoomed to the upper reaches of the charts, and on 2channel they are already over 178,000 posts, which is incredible for seven episodes. There's no way KyoAni has "shot themselves in the foot" with this one, at least commercially.

But I'm afraid it's running out of steam for me. Heartwarming from time to time, incredibly moe, but not as funny as Lucky Star (for me) or as interesting as Suzumiya Haruhi. The Christmas episode seemed pretty limp, as far as I was concerned.

Maybe I still think KyoAni lost something important when they let Yamakan go.

Not that I'm going to stop watching or anything, but I'm finding several other shows more enjoyable: Eden, Phantom, Ristorante Paradiso, Pandora Hearts, Cross Game. And the OVAs Denpateki na Kanojo and Yurumates (which is the funniest recent show for me).
Running out of steam is the thing. To me, K-On's popularity seems to be resting solely on the fact that it is done by KyoAni. They can't bank on that forever.
Old 2009-05-20, 19:55   Link #230
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyourin View Post
just curious, .. how do you define musical chemistry?
Even people simply playing their instruments and taking notice of one another would be enough. Suppose for instance Tsumugi plays some notes on her keyboard and one of the others joins in. The fact is we haven't seen any kind of musical interaction at all, at least not that I can recall. We've seen Mio tutor Yui a little, that's all, but she wasn't doing anything musical herself, just talking about chords.

With any band, you would expect some kind of interaction at a musical level as well as at a verbal level. Musicians naturally use their instruments to "talk" to one another, but ISTM there is no sense of any of these girls being musically inclined. Not even anyone strumming their instrument and getting some kind of reaction from the others such as nodding or tapping their feet.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2009-05-20, 19:57   Link #231
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I think they've had more chemistry doing AIR GUITAR solos then much anything else.

Go figure.

:|

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2009-05-20, 20:33   Link #232
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Sorry about the late reply, i haven't had much free time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
What Macross did you watch? Even Macross 7 had its fair share of mecha and mecha-related plots...
Ehhh not really. I watch Macross Frontier and while yes mechas were always around they weren't really the focus of the episode much of the time. If you disagree, well we just habe different opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Oh there will be lots of songs for K-ON I'm sure and have no doubt, it's just a matter of whether they make it into the show or onto set of character singles that is the question.
I wasn't really complaining about the lack of music in the show, more responding to comments made by others. The rest of the show is very entertaining it doesn't need to be music all the time for me.
Old 2009-05-20, 21:32   Link #233
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I never saw the lack of art in Hidamari Sketch as a sign of weakness. If there is not enough music in K-On, people should probably go somewhere else. Seriously, do people think that there will be music playing in every single episode? Yui is still trying to get the hang of her guitar!
Old 2009-05-20, 22:26   Link #234
therationalpi

Let's be honest here. This might be a show about a highschool rock band, but it's really driven by the humorous interactions of the characters. The band thing is just a backdrop and perhaps a source for the occasional plot, joke, or reference. Don't expect this show to be about how they make it big, and all the hard times and difficulties they have in learning about themselves as musicians.

That said. I agree that this episode kinda abandoned said backdrop. It was cute and sweet, for sure. However, I'd rather have another episode like 6 where the band had a more prominent role.
Old 2009-05-20, 22:30   Link #235
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I'll be very surprised if they really make it big.
Old 2009-05-20, 23:28   Link #236
Kyourin
garbage collector

Quote:
anything is possible in anime

e.g. Yui's hyper learning ability
Old 2009-05-20, 23:51   Link #237
Pachael
原作通り

Quote:
They already have.
Old 2009-05-20, 23:54   Link #238
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachael View Post
They already have.
Er, in-universe? I don't think so. The K-On club is still trying to find its bearings. Also, a good guitarist alone doesn't make a good band. And I don't mean basic competence. To me, the K-On club would be a place for the girls to chill from school, although it certainly wouldn't hurt Tsumugi to be in a great band. It helps the family business.

Besides, from the next ep on, there will be a newcomer. So, it's a club, not a band, unless you have "team manager" in mind.
Old 2009-05-21, 00:17   Link #239
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Well, I've seen some pretty shitty acts get signed onto Ozzfest, so I'm sure the ultimate dream of playing a gig at Budokan wouldn't seem too far behind that...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2009-05-21, 01:39   Link #240
FortMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikorai View Post
Also, I checked for the can Nodoka gave as a present. Again, Japanese guys suggest it's yakinori there (I get it is fried sea weeds).
Yeap, I was asking around about that later. Turn out, I mistook きのり as a kanji character so I was stuck at 焼<bwuh?> where it actually is 焼きのり for a while.
Closed Thread