AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-12-11, 22:57   Link #3961
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
People could use Adblock Plus if they use Firefox. It totally gets rid of all ads, plus it's free. In fact, I've been using it for so long that I constantly need to be reminded that ads even exist through the YouTube comments complaining about them.

Plus, people should watch the dubbed version as well if that were to help for Funi to dub the second season.
I didn't even know there was such a thing as ad lock. I agree with you people should watch the dub version but some either can't or won't for a variety of reasons.

The dubed episodes funimation had on youtube seemed very well done.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 00:14   Link #3962
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
I didn't even know there was such a thing as ad lock. I agree with you people should watch the dub version but some either can't or won't for a variety of reasons.

The dubed episodes funimation had on youtube seemed very well done.
Someone seemed kind enough to make some videos sampling some of the voices of characters that debut in Part 2. I'll just put it up in case anyone cares (and if it's allowed)...

Spoiler for Videos:

I just know what you should be doing.

Last edited by immblueversion; 2011-12-12 at 00:26.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 00:19   Link #3963
Ryus
The One Eyed King

^Great find, but I wanted to hear Juvia going nuts over Gray... not her mellow self before meeting him. I mean how can I judge that... she's not revealed her true self yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
Protip: The shows target demographic IS 9 year olds.
Actually it's 9-15 year olds

Hence my comment was about them only targeting the dumbest audience member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
I don't think they give kids enough credit tbh. They've just shown Natsu setting the doll on fire and Happy taking it to high speed, then the narrator says "Allow me to explain; Natsu set the doll on fire and Happy took it to high speed." Even a 9 year-old would want to slap him and say "no shit!" The director is pretty crap imo.
QFT

Quote:
I think you just missed the joke, frankly.
It's a parody of sentai shows. The cliche thing is that in sentai shows whenever a character uses a super power the narrator (or perhaps a scientist on scene, whoever) chimes in to "explain" the super power.... "Let me explain: By vibrating his teeth at supersonic speeds, Plaqueman creates extremely high pitched sonic waves that resonate with the titanium bones of his enemy, causing them to super heat and explode!"

etc...

So yes, it's stupid humor but it's rooted in classic sentai tropes. It's something frankly even middle aged people would find amusing if they were fans of these sorts of shows.
Allow me to explain. A punch is when you roll your fists up and move it very fast so a hard part of the fist hits a soft part of someone you don't like with the intention of hurting them. The narroator needlessly chimes in when a simple rewrite with Lucy, Happy or Natsu saying something similar could have worked much better. Like Lucy saying you "HOW DARE YOU USE ME AS YOUR MISSILE!" A) it would have been so LUCY and B) no matter how stupid I'm sure most would have laughed there asses off at that, and C) Everyone understands the result of a missile to the face.

What was even worse was the lame jokes about and in the middle of the sudden introduction in the series of the narrator randomly popping in and explaining a basic mixture of 2 known magic power with a voodoo doll (that ii also such a commonly known object people will just get), lets alone something so obvious it wasn't even funny.

Oh and my 10 year old cousin whom just watched it and found it "very stupid" too. Sorry you are wrong in this case, the target market (of a very scientific sampling of only one person , sorry best I could do ) even found it insultingly obvious too and didn't want the explanation.

We all get it was rooted in the tropes of the genre but that still fell on the needless and stupid usage of the trope.

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-12-12 at 00:30.
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 07:39   Link #3964
UnicornGirl

I really love the latest episode, so funny! the last two episodes are so intense, I was hoping that the next episode will be lighter, thank God! I thought Hikaru is boring and lame, but he's very strong. And I'm so happy that this time Lucy didn't complain in his battle with Hikaru
UnicornGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 08:08   Link #3965
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Allow me to explain. A punch is when you roll your fists up and move it very fast so a hard part of the fist hits a soft part of someone you don't like with the intention of hurting them. The narroator needlessly chimes in when a simple rewrite with Lucy, Happy or Natsu saying something similar could have worked much better. Like Lucy saying you "HOW DARE YOU USE ME AS YOUR MISSILE!" A) it would have been so LUCY and B) no matter how stupid I'm sure most would have laughed there asses off at that, and C) Everyone understands the result of a missile to the face.
Remember when the narrator had to "explain" that Dranbalt/"Mest" was a member of the Magic Council about five episodes after it was revealed he was a member of the Magic Council?

Old 2011-12-13, 12:38   Link #3966
GundamFan

Quote:
I'll have to look back at her other appearances, but doesn't Levy's solid script magic have cute flourishes to them all the time?

Girls tend to dot their i's with hearts, things like that. I think it's just her writing style.

Not to deny the obvious Levy Gajeel shipping going on.
I did a little checking and the results were somewhat inconclusive on the one hand the t in metal was replaced with a screw in the word metal in the miss fairy tail contest in both the manga and anime so she does do flourishs. But during the contest she also did snow and the o in both the manga and anime with normal, the world flower was behind her in the manga so couldn't see it and in the anime it was a normal o.
Old 2011-12-16, 22:36   Link #3967
immblueversion

Spoiler for Episode 110:

Old 2011-12-16, 22:58   Link #3968
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 110:
Old 2011-12-16, 23:17   Link #3969
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler for ep 110:
Oh, Gray knew Ul had a daughter. He just assumed Ul's daughter was dead because Ul did (must be quite a story there). So he wouldn't automatically believe she was someone he firmly believed for ten years to be dead.

Old 2011-12-16, 23:55   Link #3970
GundamFan

Dang you really don't want to piss off Juvia. Not quite on the level Natsu who frequently has viens bulging out of his forehead but Juvia still really went off.
Old 2011-12-17, 04:09   Link #3971
sergel02

Does anyone know the song that played during the recap fight of Meledy, Juvia and Erza? The one in the beginning before the Episode title was shown?
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 04:49   Link #3972
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

How exciting can this anime get..? When Juvia was fighting it was least expected, since I never knew she had the power to be able to match up against one of the KOP. Meledy was awesome.. I love the way she acts. She might be one of my favourite characters hehe =D!

Last edited by Pwnago; 2011-12-17 at 05:11.
Pwnago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 08:43   Link #3973
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Water is an extremely strong element so naturally someone made of it would be very powerful indeed. It just needs to be stirred up a bit.

They did this part really well in my opinion - the part between Juvia and Meledy. I was freaked out when I heard zombieJuvia's voice though...XD I can see why Erza was freaked out herself lol.

And using a Sense Link on yourself and Juvia, whom you connected to Gray? Freaking cheap ass move there, Meledy. This pretty much means that all three of you will die at the same time! >.>
Ah, gotta love decisions like that made in the heat of the moment...

Of course Natsu will threaten anyone who makes a move against Fairy Tail - ESPECIALLY the Magic Council. They're pretty much useless anyway from what we've seen anyway.
Old 2011-12-17, 09:13   Link #3974
ookamigirl

Natsu sure was pissed.
Wonder what Grimoire Heart'll do with Zeref.
Juvia sure got a good beating, but she sure got serious real fast! Awesome!
Great episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 09:45   Link #3975
GundamFan

You know guys it really isn't surprising Juvia is extremely powerful she was a member of the elemental 4 and there power level was supposed to be about the same as S class wizards. Plus she is really pissed and crazy.
Old 2011-12-17, 10:46   Link #3976
larethian

Can someone explain why Erza exquip into bikini when running away?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 10:46   Link #3977
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Yes she was a member of Phantom's Elite 4, but all but Aria got owned by Fairy Tail's A-ranked mages (Erza took him out with just one attack too) and Natsu took out both Totomaru AND Gajeel. But to be fair, Fairy Tail has several A-ranked mages that are near equal to most other Guilds S-ranked - it's just that Fairy Tail's S-class exam is so tough but once you get there - there's no doubt that you are an S-class mage.

It's just that Juvia never really fought with as much fevor as she is now - Erza sensed the potential but seeing it in action has her going: If she would have fought this way against me, she might have beaten me.

And as for why she changed....
Because it's raining and she doesn't want the rain to rust her armor and get her clothes wet. Bikinis (most of them) were made to get wet.
Old 2011-12-17, 11:46   Link #3978
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Yes she was a member of Phantom's Elite 4, but all but Aria got owned by Fairy Tail's A-ranked mages (Erza took him out with just one attack too) and Natsu took out both Totomaru AND Gajeel. But to be fair, Fairy Tail has several A-ranked mages that are near equal to most other Guilds S-ranked - it's just that Fairy Tail's S-class exam is so tough but once you get there - there's no doubt that you are an S-class mage.
Well also those 3 A-ranked mages made it to the 2nd round of the S-class test before it was interupted.

Quote:
It's just that Juvia never really fought with as much fevor as she is now - Erza sensed the potential but seeing it in action has her going: If she would have fought this way against me, she might have beaten me.

And as for why she changed....
Because it's raining and she doesn't want the rain to rust her armor and get her clothes wet. Bikinis (most of them) were made to get wet.
I do agree with you I don't think we've ever seen her go full bore at someone and she didn't seem to care much about becoming a S-class mage and probably wouldn't have wen't if Gray wasn't there.
Old 2011-12-17, 16:32   Link #3979
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Lots of rare Juvia epicness this week...and Meldy's finally showing some emotion, it was about time her fight got started for real. Feeling sorry for poor Gray, he's got nothing to do with this and he's going through inexplicable pain and mood changes...while stalking Ultear, at that.
The minor chat was pretty good as well, Natsu telling Dranbalt he'll kick anyone's ass was cool, and I'm looking forward to Bluenote...although even if Meldy loses somehow, there's still Ultear, Azuma and RR.
Quote:
Can someone explain why Erza exquip into bikini when running away?
1) It's raining.
2) She was wearing her knight armor, lots of extra weight if all she does is run, and unnecessary noise while moving around.
3) Most importantly, fun-saavisu!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 17:38   Link #3980
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Lots of rare Juvia epicness this week...and Meldy's finally showing some emotion, it was about time her fight got started for real. Feeling sorry for poor Gray, he's got nothing to do with this and he's going through inexplicable pain and mood changes...while stalking Ultear, at that.
The minor chat was pretty good as well, Natsu telling Dranbalt he'll kick anyone's ass was cool, and I'm looking forward to Bluenote...although even if Meldy loses somehow, there's still Ultear, Azuma and RR.

1) It's raining.
2) She was wearing her knight armor, lots of extra weight if all she does is run, and unnecessary noise while moving around.
3) Most importantly, fun-saavisu!
It's clearly her "increases her slipperiness by 1000%" enhancing mud-wrestle specialization armor. In order to help slip away.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen