AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-07, 02:09   Link #561
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Ugh, that canyon run where you have to spam the Ghost boost. Was playing Co-op with my brother on it, and of course any time he got ahead, it'd teleport me... except I'd end up facing backwards. Fuck that level.
Old 2012-11-07, 06:58   Link #562
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
Anyone know of any Halo books that talk about the years after when Master Chief went to cryo sleep at the end of Halo 3?
Check out the Kilo-Five Trilogy. 2 books (Grasslands and The Thursday War) have been released atm and they detail the post-war years leading up to Halo 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
Well,ramming work.
I'd like to know what materials they use for the ship's hull. Probably Forerunner tech considering how it just bashes through a Covenant cruiser like a roadkill. Then again, are Forerunner ships that tough to begin with.....?
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 07:45   Link #563
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Maybe the armor was THAT tough

or Covenant forget to level-up
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 15:52   Link #564
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Spoiler for Response:
As the Romans would say, "never corner a man unless you want to see how well he can fight"

Given the fact that humanity was facing extinction I would say the end does justify the means, especially when you log in how many lives they saved.

Plus, it wasn't like Halsey was torturing and peforming experiments on the kids. The reason John and the others were chosen were from what I read was because they were the actual descendants of the volunteers from the Spartan I program. While some died the ones who didn't make it but lived went on to do other things so she tried her best to ease it as much as possible.

And given the fact that they took the Spartan I and II to create the Spartan III which resulted in suicidal soldiers which then led into the Spartan IV it's hypocritical to make Halsey out like a monster in that sense. She literally was the mother and creator of the Spartan program and the fact that they are building from the foundations she made means anybody else involved should then be as guilty as the next.

As others have pointed out though Halsey crimes I would pinpoint on using the Spartan II and other resources for her own purpose (heading to Onyx).

Quote:
Maybe the armor was THAT tough

or Covenant forget to level-up
When the Infinity collided there was a flash forming around the ship itself so I'm pretty sure it has a shielding system. There's no way the UNSC can fight the covenant on equal grounds if they have no shielding system. Otherwise those UNSC frigates are nothing more than cannon fodder.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 16:57   Link #565
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

LOVED the campaign. It's too bad that you didn't get to play cooperatively with more Marines and Spartan IV in foot slogging missions. I found they were surprisingly competent! A bunch of Marines can seriously help you out in a firefight even on heroic.

Bit sad that the Didact didn't try anything other than the force squeeze on Chief...the bastards at least 9 feet tall! It'd have been awesome for Chief and him to go fistacuffs. It'd be like Arnold VS the predator. After Chief gets physically beaten down, then Cortana comes to the rescue.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 17:05   Link #566
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Competent? Is that why they died within the first three minutes of approaching the three-turret area in the jungle level?

So far I've been screwed by AI companions. All of them home in on the nearest instant-kill projectile on my game; they've been fucking useless.
Old 2012-11-07, 19:23   Link #567
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Competent? Is that why they died within the first three minutes of approaching the three-turret area in the jungle level?
Take the turrets out faster. Then Watch during the next wave when all the Marines dig into .50 cal machine guns and annihilate the oncoming Covenant.
Quote:
So far I've been screwed by AI companions. All of them home in on the nearest instant-kill projectile on my game; they've been fucking useless.
Young padawan, you must learn to marshall your little meat shield buddies! only then may they soften up and kill little weak badguys for you.

But really. Compare this to Halo Reach. Just TRY to wait around and see if the Halo Reach friendly AI was capable of reliably getting head shots, or knocking down elite shields with volume of fire. It barely ever happened.
Old 2012-11-08, 02:02   Link #568
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Speak for yourself; most of the AI in Reach, however little you got of it, worked well for me. The rest of Noble Team was a little disappointing but at least they were invincible, but otherwise the rest of the AI marines did well. They weren't getting wiped out within a minute of deployment on me.

That turret area was nearly impossible to get through on my own. Ugh.

But I'm finally done with the game, at least. Now I guess I just need to work on turning my Spartan-IV into White Glint, seeing how they gave me the perfect helmet and visor color to do so.
Old 2012-11-08, 02:11   Link #569
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
Wow, human technology has come a long long way after the war. Hard to believe in just 4 years that humans are now on the same playing field as the covenant.

Anyone know of any Halo books that talk about the years after when Master Chief went to cryo sleep at the end of Halo 3?
Glasslands.

Not much though, just a few days after Halo 3.

Also add me on XBL someone. OtaKhu.

I'm Aus though, obv, so might be laggy? :L
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 02:39   Link #570
Jellal
Anime Critic

Beat on Solo Legendary yesterday. Fun stuff.
Jungle mission by far the hardest.
Jellal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 02:42   Link #571
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

So while reading the plot to the game, I saw there's a new UNSC starfighter? A broadsword I think it was called. Looked awesome.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 02:56   Link #572
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
So while reading the plot to the game, I saw there's a new UNSC starfighter? A broadsword I think it was called. Looked awesome.
That level gave me flashbacks to the third level of Star Wars: Rebel Assault II.

Which is never a good sign.
Old 2012-11-08, 05:58   Link #573
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Speak for yourself; most of the AI in Reach, however little you got of it, worked well for me. The rest of Noble Team was a little disappointing but at least they were invincible, but otherwise the rest of the AI marines did well. They weren't getting wiped out within a minute of deployment on me.
Yeah, but they didn't do anything! The Reach Troopers could literally be staring an enemy in the face, and they would just sorta pepper it with an ineffectual amount of barely aimed gunfire.

Halo 4 Marines are more vulnerable cause they actually go into a fight and try to help you out.
Quote:
That turret area was nearly impossible to get through on my own. Ugh.
Did you have the railgun on you? That's instrumental to being able to quickly and efficiently take down the turrets and the knights.
Old 2012-11-08, 11:37   Link #574
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Did you have the railgun on you? That's instrumental to being able to quickly and efficiently take down the turrets and the knights.
As far as I can tell the first acquirable Railgun is up on the ledge the Knights are guarding with the turrets, so no.
Old 2012-11-08, 12:06   Link #575
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

If memory serves there is one propped against the sandbags where you first meet up with the squad of marines just before the turret section.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 12:15   Link #576
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
As far as I can tell the first acquirable Railgun is up on the ledge the Knights are guarding with the turrets, so no.
You can pick up a rail gun at that sandbags where you run into those 3 extra marines.
Old 2012-11-08, 18:07   Link #577
DaRk HuNt3r F4n
>:3

yo, i was on Halo Waypoint and saw a new Armor set that has to be unlocked: Raider.

I must finish Spartan Ops ep 1 to get it, but it also said i must find Section 3 on the waypoint site. any ideas?

Edit: I found some codes for the Torso and the shoulder plates.
The community is working solving the Helmet case...
Old 2012-11-08, 19:09   Link #578
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Neat trick: You can use the default zoom after charging the railgun, giving you a brief moment to snipe with it. Just discovered this in Spartan Ops mission 2 on Legendary.
Old 2012-11-08, 19:16   Link #579
Alchemist007
*Author

Ugh, the AI still sucks at driving the warthog. Literally went over to a bunch of rocks, tried to go toward the enemy (around the Mammoth), stopped, and went back toward the rocks.
Old 2012-11-08, 21:49   Link #580
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Ugh, the AI still sucks at driving the warthog. Literally went over to a bunch of rocks, tried to go toward the enemy (around the Mammoth), stopped, and went back toward the rocks.
343 kept the tradition going, I see. xD
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
halo 4, sierra 117