AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

Old 2006-07-19, 23:42   Link #201
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

This series has approached high levels of JAW-SOME!
I was watching episode 3 intently, not wanting to miss any little detail. Also, I avoided watching the clock, so as to not "rush" through the episode.
Seriously, I haven't laughed genuinely at an anime since PPD.

It's mostly Saito's sarcasm and perversion that made me lol. For instance, that whole song about Louise being "Zero", I kept thinking about how much deeper he kept digging himself into a hole with that one, and then turning all "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it!" when Louise took away his meals - very much like a pet XD (Actually, I think there are pets with more dignity than that). Then his encounter with Kirche o¬o *drools*, and foreshadowing some developement with Siesta - truly he is building a harem of legends!

Oh, and when the talking sword was introduced, my immediate reaction was "lol, Dymlos". Being a fan of the Tales of franchise, talking sword was an insta-win as far as a hero's weapon is concerned. I wouldn't mind seeing Saito pull a Kuugashoryukyaku a la Stahn (ToD, which is getting a well deserved remake).
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 00:49   Link #202
Bakaaa

the sword mentionned that saito must be really skilled to have been able to awake it so the runes on his hand must be pretty awesome.
Bakaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 01:24   Link #203
EevilJ

Episode 3 was awesome. It's also nice to see Saito somewhat stick up for himself more against Louise.

Spoiler:
EevilJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 01:50   Link #204
uruchai
"You'll be blessed!"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious
It's mostly Saito's sarcasm and perversion that made me lol. For instance, that whole song about Louise being "Zero", I kept thinking about how much deeper he kept digging himself into a hole with that one, and then turning all "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it!" when Louise took away his meals - very much like a pet XD
one of his best "slightly saracastic perverted" quotes for me in this episode was towards the end... when he and Louise were on horseback and Louise was like, "what are you holding?" Saito just oozed wittiness in his response:

"since there's nothing there, I thought it was your stomach!"

that just tickled me fancy
uruchai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 09:22   Link #205
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
lol. dunno why she should be bothered, after all she doesn't see him as a man he's just a familiar. doesn't matter what he see or touch.

It's just a loyal familiar showing affection toward his Mistress.
Old 2006-07-20, 10:26   Link #206
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by uruchai
and a brutal sadistic Louise (lol at the whip) didnt even bother me. I usually tend to despise those characters; but Louise is an exception.
Mhhh... I don't think that Louise is sadistic. Violent, yes, but she doesn't enjoy inflicting harm on Saito. Look at episode 2, where she definitely couldn't stand seeing Saito harmed, and where she ordered expensive medicine for him (as we learn in episode 3). She doesn't hit, kick or whip him because she likes to do it, it's rather her outlet for her frustration - and let's be honest, Saito deserved quite a bit of it
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 10:56   Link #207
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

If I was Saito, I would've already punched Louise out during the lashing/whipping.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 10:58   Link #208
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
I thought the whipping was a bit much personally, but understandable considering what she views him as and the way she grew.
Old 2006-07-20, 11:36   Link #209
ImClueless
Rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
If I was Saito, I would've already punched Louise out during the lashing/whipping.

But then you don't get to eat and food is important . Besides maybe if he actually did that Louise will put him down like someone would with a rabid dog.
ImClueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 12:09   Link #210
uruchai
"You'll be blessed!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST
I thought the whipping was a bit much personally, but understandable considering what she views him as and the way she grew.
yeah, same here... I was flinching during that scene. the surprising part for me though was I didnt hate her character. I mean with all the hype Full Metal Panic received, I might be the only one not a part of it because I just couldnt stand Chidori's abuse on Sousuke.

but with Louise (yeah the word 'sadistic' was a hyperbole) but her tendency to resort to violence didnt much annoy me. Saito also "allowed" her a few lashes, three in total I think, but he did stop her in a way, unlike some of those male leads who simply let it be (for the comedic purposes which reminds me of my inability to rewatch Love Hina).
uruchai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 12:19   Link #211
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImClueless
But then you don't get to eat and food is important . Besides maybe if he actually did that Louise will put him down like someone would with a rabid dog.
True, but then you could just go to the kitchen for free food! And while Louise is unconscious, you could try to make a run for it before she recovers.

Old 2006-07-20, 12:40   Link #212
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
True, but then you could just go to the kitchen for free food! And while Louise is unconscious, you could try to make a run for it before she recovers.

but as saito says, he has no where to run to anyway....
Old 2006-07-20, 12:47   Link #213
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
but as saito says, he has no where to run to anyway....
That's true. Okay, never mind what I've said.

Old 2006-07-20, 14:25   Link #214
Rin-Sama
Banned

Sheesh. Herminie, Louise an't!

This anime doesn't hold a candel to Negima, but at least it is entertaining.
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 15:00   Link #215
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

your right. negima isn't worth comparing to this.

This anime is simple enjoyable. its not a complex 30 female harem circus is it?

Old 2006-07-20, 15:01   Link #216
giu_2

Send a message via MSN to giu_2
..cute maid..
giu_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 15:06   Link #217
ImClueless
Rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin-Sama
This anime doesn't hold a candel to Negima, but at least it is entertaining.
I dunno, but I thought this show was as good if not better than Negima so far. At the very least not far inferior than Negima. Of course there have been only 3 episodes so who knows how bad it can crash and burn later.

The only thing that Negima has on this show is the fact that Negi's harem is one of the biggest our there. Otherwise, I thought the comedy was better here and the relationship dynamic more interesting than the one between Asuna and Negi. Negi is also somewhat of a stereotypical boring character being the innocent boy who works hard, protects is friends/students, and chasing after a dream. Saito is sarcastic, a bit of an dumbass and more of a character that viewers can relate to.
Old 2006-07-20, 15:39   Link #218
DaFool
Resident devil

Definitely the fact that Saito is a jackass makes the chemistry between him and Louise tick and totally drives this show for me. This is the first time that I actually wouldn't mind if they drop the harem component.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 17:04   Link #219
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
your right. negima isn't worth comparing to this.
I don't wanna start a argue or anything, but i would pick Negima anime & manga over Zero no Tsukaima anyday.

Episode 03 was very enjoyable to watch, has to be the best episode so far. Good to see that Saito himself can throw around a laugh or two within the series.. & i must say.. i'm developing such a soft spot for Kirche. <3

As i have said before, i'm loving the music by Mitsumune Nobuyoshi (Also did the music for the Negima), and i'm very happy that the OST for Zero no Tsukaima shall be released on 23rd of August.. can't wait. ^^
Old 2006-07-20, 18:20   Link #220
ImClueless
Rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
I don't wanna start a argue or anything, but i would pick Negima anime & manga over Zero no Tsukaima anyday.

Umm, as I understand it doesn't he share the same opinion as you? Besides controversy is good for forums. Afterall, this place is for discussion and some conflicting views makes things interesting.

Tags
adventure, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, tsundere