Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-03-06, 01:57   Link #3381
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Yep. Messy divorce is what the rumors boil down to.

Basically the need to straighten out his personal circumstances prevented him from doing a weekly series, thus requiring him to end TLR, even though he, and his editors would be happy to see it continue. Then with his personal life straightened out somewhat, the flexibility of a monthly schedule was better for him, and he was able to start up TLR: D in one of Jump's monthly magazines.

Nope. Even discounting all the rumors, it would not be getting a "spinoff" sequel in one of Weekly Jump's sibling magazines if it'd been canceled. So it had to have been ended by the author, and ended for reasons sympathetic enough that the publisher was willing to let him effectively restart the series in one of it's other magazines.
I see.

I thought it was canceled because we know TLR's end a bit premature and because Yabuki did Mayoi Neko after that. That's why I was pleasantly surprised when I found out he reunited with Hasemi Saki doing TLR;D.
Old 2012-03-06, 07:25   Link #3382
Athena
The Power of One

Is that a reason why Haruna doesn't get much action in TLR: D? 'cause I am re-reding the chapters (last time was like 2 years ago) and while I didn't quite appreciate her at that time, she feels way nicer and attractive now that I'm re-reading the chapters. Hope I'll see more chapters focused on her in TLR: D.

Last edited by Athena; 2012-03-06 at 11:30.
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 07:41   Link #3383
Drob_QB7
AYE SIR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Is that a reason why Haruna doesn't get much action in TLR? 'cause I am re-reding the chapters (last time was like 2 years ago) and while I didn't quite appreciate her at that time, she feels way nicer and attractive now that I'm re-reading the chapters. Hope I'll see more chapters focused on her in TLR.
Well if I remeber right Haruna eas base of his wife and I think she tried to sue for rights of her something of that nature and well i guess since him and his wife are done with eachother he does not really give Haruna as much screentime.
Drob_QB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 09:48   Link #3384
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Nope. Even discounting all the rumors, it would not be getting a "spinoff" sequel in one of Weekly Jump's sibling magazines if it'd been canceled. So it had to have been ended by the author, and ended for reasons sympathetic enough that the publisher was willing to let him effectively restart the series in one of it's other magazines.
By sympathy you mean dollar signs, then yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drob_QB7 View Post
Well if I remeber right Haruna eas base of his wife and I think she tried to sue for rights of her something of that nature and well i guess since him and his wife are done with eachother he does not really give Haruna as much screentime.
Which is a shame because I thought Haruna was fun. Her dog was awesome. I loved the chapter when Rito was turned into dog. Hilarious.
Old 2012-03-06, 09:57   Link #3385
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
By sympathy you mean dollar signs, then yes.

Which is a shame because I thought Haruna was fun. Her dog was awesome. I loved the chapter when Rito was turned into dog. Hilarious.
Well we did have that recent chapter where it goes the other way and she turns into a cat. And gets...washed, by Rito
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 10:57   Link #3386
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Well we did have that recent chapter where it goes the other way and she turns into a cat. And gets...washed, by Rito
It was Maron that made it funny though. The anime did a good job with him too.
Old 2012-03-07, 00:53   Link #3387
kagato3

I don't think Haruna's getting less focus has anything to do with the ex and realy she's not getting that much less time then she did throughout TLR. I think it has more to do with the story limitations with her it's the same reason we are seeing less of Lala now. At this point any movement on Haruna's relationship will pretty much end the seires and it will end as a Lala-Rito-Haruna end at this time. In order for the harem to work, and I have no dout that is the authors' plan, Rito has to admit he loves all of the girls to himself first. and I see him finding out Haruna feels that way about him will pretty much satisfy him and make it nearly imposable for him to change the status of the others afterwards. And there are only so many times you can use the confession interupt before it becomes real old and now there are enuff people that know the two's feelings that it starts to become very unrealistic.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 02:32   Link #3388
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Photoshoped underwear!

Man if you thought the underwear slip was hot....

Spoiler for NSFW:
Old 2012-03-07, 02:33   Link #3389
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Photoshoped underwear!

Spoiler for NSFW:
I'm so STEALING that pic!!!
Old 2012-03-07, 07:44   Link #3390
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
I don't think Haruna's getting less focus has anything to do with the ex and realy she's not getting that much less time then she did throughout TLR. I think it has more to do with the story limitations with her it's the same reason we are seeing less of Lala now. At this point any movement on Haruna's relationship will pretty much end the seires and it will end as a Lala-Rito-Haruna end at this time. In order for the harem to work, and I have no dout that is the authors' plan, Rito has to admit he loves all of the girls to himself first. and I see him finding out Haruna feels that way about him will pretty much satisfy him and make it nearly imposable for him to change the status of the others afterwards. And there are only so many times you can use the confession interupt before it becomes real old and now there are enuff people that know the two's feelings that it starts to become very unrealistic.
It's possible. But there's no doubt that she's not getting some major focus like she did back in TLR. In TLR, the focus was more Haruna-Lala-style before shifting after the introduction of mainly Kotegawa, since her appearance was followed by the Yami & Mikan sudden awareness of Rito, the arrival of Lala's sisters and such. Though another problem now is that mangas very rarely end with a harem end, since the protagonist always has more liking towards a girl in particular...

As for the Haruna-imminent-end, I think that with the author who had her as the main girl with Lala for around 100 chapters before the arrival of new characters, it might take some time. Though Haruna and Rito can form a couple, like, right now, it might also be the case for other characters.
Old 2012-03-07, 09:52   Link #3391
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Photoshoped underwear!

Spoiler for NSFW:
I don't think that's an improvement. It was the underwear that made that unique.
Old 2012-03-07, 09:53   Link #3392
Simonsy

Quote:
I don't think that's an improvement. It was the underwear that made that unique.
Not to mention you can see the underwear lines still under her shorts
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 11:02   Link #3393
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
It's possible. But there's no doubt that she's not getting some major focus like she did back in TLR. In TLR, the focus was more Haruna-Lala-style before shifting after the introduction of mainly Kotegawa, since her appearance was followed by the Yami & Mikan sudden awareness of Rito, the arrival of Lala's sisters and such. Though another problem now is that mangas very rarely end with a harem end, since the protagonist always has more liking towards a girl in particular...

As for the Haruna-imminent-end, I think that with the author who had her as the main girl with Lala for around 100 chapters before the arrival of new characters, it might take some time. Though Haruna and Rito can form a couple, like, right now, it might also be the case for other characters.
Yeah, but, won't that defeat the purpose of the series in general. I mean in the first installment, Haruna was Rito's main target of affection, and with Lala added in it threw a gear into his plans, but he fell for her in the process. I mean with the Darkness series getting more serious and intense when it comes to Momo, Yui, Run, Yami, and a few others realizing their feelings for Rito. Rito's feelings are definitely being questioned as time goes on with his interactions with each of the respective heroines.

Rito obviously loves Haruna, and the reason why this TLR is continuing in Darkness is because Rito at the end of the original TLR ended up saying his confession to the other girls accidentally instead of the person he originally intended to say it too. Once Rito confesses to Haruna, the series serves no purpose because it was his goal in the beginning to get her to fall for him, which she did, and obviously she'll say yes.

Last edited by Kirito; 2012-03-07 at 11:13.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 11:54   Link #3394
Shadow5YA

Really, focus on Haruna would almost be as pointless as focus on Lala now. The development is already there, and the mutual love is already there. The only difference is that Rito has to confess to Haruna, and that's it.

Much more story can be drawn from the other girls, because the end goal for them is much farther away. For some of them, they still need to actually fall for Rito, even if the feelings are there. Nana is still tsun, Yui is still somewhat tsun, and Mea doesn't even have feelings for Rito right now. For the majority of the girls, Rito still has to pick up on their feelings and realize that they like him.

If harem end is the goal, the girls not Lala or Haruna need more focus.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 13:06   Link #3395
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Nana will either be the greatest obstacle or the easiest catch. Hard to say.

I look forward to the Yui chapters.
Old 2012-03-07, 13:36   Link #3396
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Nana will either be the greatest obstacle or the easiest catch. Hard to say.

I look forward to the Yui chapters.
I would say Rin, the personal attendant to Saki, will be a great obstacle because Rito hasn't made that much of a positive impression on her yet. Nana's coming along, but her not so much, and I hope we see more interactions between the two because she's definitely peaked my interest.

I look forward to more Yui, too. She and Momo are awesome!

Last edited by Kirito; 2012-03-07 at 14:00.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 14:27   Link #3397
Richocet
Lover of Purity

I wonder about Mea and Yami, if they are both in the harem, how long is tht gonna take???
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 15:25   Link #3398
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
I wonder about Mea and Yami, if they are both in the harem, how long is tht gonna take???
Yami will be one of the last girls since she is part of the series overall plot, lol. My guess is Mea will join after this arc finishes. They'll free her and teach her there's more to life than being a weapon.

We really are moving at a snail's pace here. It feels like we are getting a lot of development but at the same time, the arc isn't going anywhere.
Old 2012-03-07, 16:20   Link #3399
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The story is moving slowly (mostly because chapters are alternating between the two main plotline) but the excellent development a few characters -Yami in particular- have underwent make up for it. And compared to the first series, you could say the pace is frantic
Old 2012-03-07, 18:07   Link #3400
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deikan View Post
I would say Rin, the personal attendant to Saki, will be a great obstacle because Rito hasn't made that much of a positive impression on her yet. Nana's coming along, but her not so much, and I hope we see more interactions between the two because she's definitely peaked my interest.
A.men. The last Rin chapter we had just made my week that time, can't wait to see if she gets more development.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen