Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-07-01, 19:23   Link #1
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Hancock (2008)

Hancock http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448157/

Starring Will Smith, and that's all that matters.

Been long anticipating this. Finally, a movie with a Superhero, that isn't really a Superhero.

Of course, it seems like a pretty generic storyline, but at least they bother to make a change to it rather than the most general "person becomes hero, rise and fall, and bigger comback, everyone's happy" storyline. It's going to be fun watching an invincible Superhero as someone that seems realistic. I can connect to Hancock probably more than Superman. :O

Watching it tomorrow, for my Birthday!

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 20:07   Link #2
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I have been looking forward to this since I saw the preview during Iron Man. I should be seeing it this week, hopefully it stays away from the generic superhero stuff a bit.
Desu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 20:29   Link #3
nanafan
horo fan

meh, i saw the preview can't say i am that interested, some superheros are okay, but isn't really my cup of tea.
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 22:08   Link #4
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I doesn't look like that great of a movie in my opinion, but I'm seeing it just for the fact Will SMith is in it. He can make a worthloss movie fun to watch.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 22:15   Link #5
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I doesn't look like that great of a movie in my opinion, but I'm seeing it just for the fact Will SMith is in it. He can make a worthloss movie fun to watch.
Too true. I am seeing this movie for Will Smith and Jason Bateman, and I hope they will have good chemistry. If not...well the special effects still look pretty good .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 00:00   Link #6
sa547
*Author

One of my favorite parts of the trailer is the one where he took a beached whale and tosses it far enough to obliterate a sailboat anchored hundreds of yards away from the shore.
Old 2008-07-02, 00:06   Link #7
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulassassin547 View Post
One of my favorite parts of the trailer is the one where he took a beached whale and tosses it far enough to obliterate a sailboat anchored hundreds of yards away from the shore.
Yeah, I somehow pity the whale for being thrown that far away.

Interesting movie nonetheless. But I prefer to watch Wanted more than this one.

Last edited by Kana Futayo; 2008-07-02 at 01:46.
Kana Futayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 01:44   Link #8
Kitsune
九尾の狐
*Artist

Heh, I've been waiting for a good anti-heroe film, this seems the answer to my prays ^o^
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 10:43   Link #9
Sorceresspol

I wanted to see it until Charlize Theron started popping up in the trailers. I don't mind her as an actress, but the added drama killed my hopes of the story being creative.
Sorceresspol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 15:06   Link #10
james0246

Just saw it. It was more or less what I expected, and I did quite a bit like the interactions between Jason Bataman and Will Smith (which is what I was hoping for), but the last half made little sense, and the directing, editing, and script veer all of there place in the last half hour or so. If nothing else, this was an interesting change of pace from the Marvel superhero movies we have seen so far this year, even if Hancock does not quite live up to it pre-concieved potential (then again, who really thought that making a movie based on Bad Superman from "Superman III", would turn into a good movie ), it still turned out to be a fun summer film.

Last edited by james0246; 2008-07-02 at 15:23.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 15:21   Link #11
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I'm only interested because someone finally thought of the idea of a person with super powers who don't give a s**t

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 20:52   Link #12
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Just watched it too, and it was good - rather, decent. Less than what I had hoped for. But still good. Will Smith being Hancock and all made the movie for me.

Also, I heard/saw somewhere that like 20 minutes of the script were cut off for some time purposes... I think that might have flawed the movie or created confusions by raising questions in the audience's minds, when it should have all been explained. It's possible.

Nevertheless, yeah, it's good summer fun. Worth watching.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 21:19   Link #13
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

yea its a good summer watch but not amazing like Iron Man IMO.

1st half is better than 2nd, would still recommend it tho.
Old 2008-07-02, 21:22   Link #14
klowny
OH NO

i saw it today, it was good I'd recommend people see it for themselves but i must admit i'd thought it would be better and was kinda short too
klowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 22:13   Link #15
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I found it decent and about what I expected. I didn't expect an incredible movie and as I said before I just went to see it for Will Smith. I just always love his acting.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 00:30   Link #16
X207
Gamyūsa

saw it today, it was quite funny and still had alot of action. i liked both halves of the movie, the hero with litte regard for the ppl around him and the .... well the ppl who saw it should know its anyway. it was a nice plot twist imo.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 01:24   Link #17
Z3120

John Powell does it again.

As for the movie, it was what I expected: classic Will Smith indeed.
Z3120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 10:34   Link #18
.BeachBoy
T e a r . the . S k y

Hancock was a surprise for me.

I thought it was great actually, much better than I expected. From hearing about all this mumbojumbo about being a bad movie. (note to self, don't listen to friend's reviews) I just saw it yesterday, and boy, could you fit more twists into a movie? XD They slammed so much into that movie. Could have been longer, I'm surprised they fit all that in. o_o So, yeah, I really enjoyed it. They had a lot of this and that, and quite diverse. Will Smith is Will Smith.

So, overall, good movie in my opinion, and I'd definitely recommend it to others.

Last edited by .BeachBoy; 2008-07-14 at 11:39. Reason: hate the spelling error ;O;
.BeachBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 11:37   Link #19
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

I thought it was mediocre though. It was worth the entry fee though, but I have an unlimited pass so dunno if that counts. xD

It's the kinda movie that makes you wtf, too bad it's in the bad way in this case. The girl was hot btw. If that counts.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 19:26   Link #20
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I watched this a few days ago and well, it was better than expected after hearing all the negatives from it...so I guess first impressions do make a difference when it comes to enjoying something

Hightlight of the movie for me has to be the running gag of calling Hancock an asshole...and what he would do to people when they do

It could have been better though...I just wish there was more fighting and destruction but what do you know

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote