AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-07-16, 19:46   Link #9201
Singally

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Comically I think that its not as true as you guys may think.

The yamai twins (despite being my favorites) were never really romantically into shidou.
Natsumi or Yoshino aren't romantically into shidou they just kinda needed somebody to get them out of their doldrums
Kurumi isn't a romantic interests she wants shidou for the spirit power (sry boys its true)
Origami hates the spirits because of her familys death but now she'll be fine and she'll just be a hot stalker.
Tohka would've been a problem a while ago but now she's fine however lets face it she's the one most likely to be the choice if there is one
Miku is a wildcard because while she has interest she'll respect shidou's desires (plus if its tohka I think she might want to join )

we shall see
Don't they need to love him for him to seal them? I don't remember it saying they simply have to trust him, but actually needed to like him for it to work.
Singally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 19:47   Link #9202
Ragna92

Quote:

The yamai twins (despite being my favorites) were never really romantically into shidou.
Natsumi or Yoshino aren't romantically into shidou they just kinda needed somebody to get them out of their doldrums
Kurumi isn't a romantic interests she wants shidou for the spirit power (sry boys its true)
Origami hates the spirits because of her familys death but now she'll be fine and she'll just be a hot stalker.
Tohka would've been a problem a while ago but now she's fine however lets face it she's the one most likely to be the choice if there is one
Miku is a wildcard because while she has interest she'll respect shidou's desires (plus if its tohka I think she might want to join )

we shall see
But from what I understand if they didn't love him he wouldn't be able to seal them. Shido is only able to seal the spirits once they gain feelings for him. Arguably the only spirit that doesn't have romantic feelings for Shido is Kurumi.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 21:03   Link #9203
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:

we shall see
as has been said, they need to love him, or at the very least have feelings for him, for him to seal them.
And the rapidly growing stack of strong hints disagrees with you about Kurumi not being romantically interested in Shidou. Of course she still wants the spirit powers he has, but it's definitely becoming more than that.
Old 2014-07-16, 21:29   Link #9204
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna92 View Post
But from what I understand if they didn't love him he wouldn't be able to seal them. Shido is only able to seal the spirits once they gain feelings for him. Arguably the only spirit that doesn't have romantic feelings for Shido is Kurumi.
Don't confuse love for strictly romantic feelings. Although it is strongly hinted that all the sealed spirits are interested in him romantically but for the most part I do believe that while they would be disappointed if they didn't "win" Shidou they would not be destabilized by it so long as he remained part of their life. Touka though is a bit more needy then most of them
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 21:41   Link #9205
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Touka though is a bit more needy then most of them
More like she's actually in love with him, while the other spirits are closer to just having romantic feelings for him.
Old 2014-07-16, 22:05   Link #9206
Ragna92

Quote:
Don't confuse love for strictly romantic feelings. Although it is strongly hinted that all the sealed spirits are interested in him romantically but for the most part I do believe that while they would be disappointed if they didn't "win" Shidou they would not be destabilized by it so long as he remained part of their life. Touka though is a bit more needy then most of them
What makes you think I am confusing the two? It's just that from what I understand they need to have romantic feelings for him in order to be sealed. But I do also think the author does a poor job in showing it. One could easily say that Yoshino, and the twins are not romantically interested in him at all. From their arcs I didn't really feel any hint of romantic interest towards Shido.
Old 2014-07-16, 22:15   Link #9207
Superbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singally View Post
Don't they need to love him for him to seal them? I don't remember it saying they simply have to trust him, but actually needed to like him for it to work.
From Volume 2

Quote:
"…Speaking of which, why must I seduce the Spirits in the first place? You can just seal the Spirits' powers by kissing, right? In that case, there's no need to abruptly strike——"

"Oh my, is forcing yourself on others what you prefer, Shidou? Good luck in not having your name appear in the morning newspapers."

"I won't be in them!"

As Shidou shouted, Kotori shrugged her shoulders in a relieved manner.

"——It’s useless. If the Spirits don't open their hearts to Shidou, they won't let you seal their powers completely."

"Is-Is that so…?"

"Yes, and I don't particularly mean that they have to be deeply in love. At the very least, it will be hard if they don't trust you enough for them to not refuse the kiss. That's why Reine monitors the Spirits individually on their mood and positive feelings."
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 22:37   Link #9208
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna92 View Post
But I do also think the author does a poor job in showing it. One could easily say that Yoshino, and the twins are not romantically interested in him at all. From their arcs I didn't really feel any hint of romantic interest towards Shido.
I don't even think Tachibana was trying to show romantic feelings from them. After all, how much focus do they get after their arcs? Remember that Tachibana himself said that originally he intended DAL to essentially be just a series of "short" stories, and that would fit with how Yoshino and the Yamai twins haven't gotten much focus outside of their arcs.
Old 2014-07-16, 23:04   Link #9209
Death Usagi
Banned

Yeah, sad fact is how they have mostly become support characters lately...
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 23:07   Link #9210
Pablete
Banned

Quote:

we shall see
The **ck did I just read...

Whaterver, if Shidou gets away they're bound to start the armaggeddon the moment he chooses only 1.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 23:11   Link #9211
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

It seems pretty obvious from volume 8 onwards that Miku is, like Tohka, totally in love with Shidou except that she's also open to a harem bisexual free-for-all.
Old 2014-07-16, 23:24   Link #9212
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I don't even think Tachibana was trying to show romantic feelings from them. After all, how much focus do they get after their arcs? Remember that Tachibana himself said that originally he intended DAL to essentially be just a series of "short" stories, and that would fit with how Yoshino and the Yamai twins haven't gotten much focus outside of their arcs.
I guess it just sucks for their fans then
Old 2014-07-16, 23:26   Link #9213
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
This is more what I meant by my little statement then anything else.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 23:27   Link #9214
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
as has been said, they need to love him, or at the very least have feelings for him, for him to seal them.
And the rapidly growing stack of strong hints disagrees with you about Kurumi not being romantically interested in Shidou. Of course she still wants the spirit powers he has, but it's definitely becoming more than that.
Shinji tell me what are these rapidly growing stack of strong hints that kurumi is in love with shidou
Old 2014-07-16, 23:59   Link #9215
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Shinji tell me what are these rapidly growing stack of strong hints that kurumi is in love with shidou
The head-pat ?
All the teasing ?
Her clone-self obviously in love with him ?
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 00:03   Link #9216
ImperialFlameGod8190

hm alright i'll buy it still I don't think shidou will be choosing a girl but if he does its likely gonna be tohka and if that's the case the girls will all accept it (with annoyance but accept it)
Old 2014-07-17, 02:34   Link #9217
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
hm alright i'll buy it still I don't think shidou will be choosing a girl but if he does its likely gonna be tohka and if that's the case the girls will all accept it (with annoyance but accept it)
That's what I have been saying from the beginning. Sadly it won't be Kurumi who Shidou chooses, if he chooses someone. But hopefully Compile Heart makes a VN with final endings for the girls to solve this problem.
Old 2014-07-17, 06:29   Link #9218
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
More like she's actually in love with him, while the other spirits are closer to just having romantic feelings for him.
Actually, Miku is genuinely in love with Shido in a way that she calls him 'darling'. So I think it would be better to put her next to Tohka.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 09:37   Link #9219
Ragna92

Quote:
I think most of us agree with this. I'm more leaning towards him choosing no one though.

As for Kurumi even if she does have feelings for Shido her goals take more priority. The anti-heroine/anti-villian type characters usually don't end up with the ones they like and always put their goals before everything else.

The thing with this harem series is I can't see the girls liking anyone other then Shido since he's pretty much the only one who can deal with them. So, if he does choose one the rest will be alone for ever.
Old 2014-07-17, 10:09   Link #9220
farios

Someone from 2ch just posted vol 11 release date from a leak of this week's Dragon Magazine

September 20th, title is still unknown

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy