AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-06, 20:10   Link #441
Miyuri

i thought it was going to be one of those animes that are making an attempt to be funny but i was wrong. It was funny! Lol ..i did not laugh much in the first episode but i found myself finding each episode even more funnier then the previous. i especially liked the last episode that came out with the whole kappa thing...that really got me laughing...heh
Old 2004-11-06, 20:14   Link #442
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinistral
i 1st thought that Tenma knew Yakumo's secret of reading her sister's mind.. but doesn't know Yakumo's ability to read mens' mind who like Yakumo. Thats why she was able to fool Yakumo or so i thought..
Who says Yakumo can't read Tenma's mind correctly? She does read her mind properly, its just that some of you don't get the whole point in the story. So I'll try to explain. I read the japanese manga so I can probably understand what the author is trying to say:

No-one knows Yakumo's secret. Tenma is just a plain klutz. She actually mistakes left for right. When Tenma thought of left hand=Ketchup, right hand=Banana Daifuku, Yakumo chose left since Ketchup is a more sane choice than Banana(Who in his right of mind would eat Banana Daifuku-flavoured curry??). Obviously since Yakumo is the one cooking, she has to make something edible for her sister to eat. But it turns out that Tenma actually couldn't tell left from right(I'm not surprised, some people in the world still do) and Tenma brought out her left hand which she thought was her right hand. So Yakumo, being the good and tolerant sister, will just give in to Tenma and cook Banana daifuku curry. This is School Rumble, Tenma is just purely naive and air-headed, there's no way she can trick her own sister. And Yakumo loves her sister for just being the way she is.
Old 2004-11-06, 23:15   Link #443
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I just skimmed really quickly over the Volume 2 RAW of the manga and all I can say is that its safe to anticipate more greatest to continue. From what I saw and very quickly read over, this isn't going to take the normal route of a high school romantic comedy. I don't want to spoil it for you guys, but seriously, its GOOD STUFF! I was laughing my ass off at a few chapters.

Oh and FYI for those who care, so far the anime has covered all but two chapters from the first volume of the manga and two chapters of the second volume. (As of Episode 5). IMO the manga is different enough from the anime to be worth reading.
Old 2004-11-06, 23:28   Link #444
guess

Ok…so….Yakumo can read all men’s minds if they like her with one exception, Tenma.

How is that Yakumo didn’t know Tenma was upset about that Karasma guy, not about didn’t going shopping with her? Also, Yakumo didn’t know that Tenma was troubled over how to confess to Karasma. She thought Tenma didn’t get enough sleep.

Can Yakumo really read Tenma’s mind correctly and accurately?

On the other hand, that guy who challenged Yakumo, the only guy whose thought matched his action. He is not in love with Yakumo but she can read his mind, too. So how does her mind reading ability work here?
Old 2004-11-07, 00:07   Link #445
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Isn't the martial artist in love with Yakumo? He wants to see her in a hakama at the very least.
Old 2004-11-07, 00:15   Link #446
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
Ok…so….Yakumo can read all men’s minds if they like her with one exception, Tenma.

How is that Yakumo didn’t know Tenma was upset about that Karasma guy, not about didn’t going shopping with her? Also, Yakumo didn’t know that Tenma was troubled over how to confess to Karasma. She thought Tenma didn’t get enough sleep.

Can Yakumo really read Tenma’s mind correctly and accurately?

On the other hand, that guy who challenged Yakumo, the only guy whose thought matched his action. He is not in love with Yakumo but she can read his mind, too. So how does her mind reading ability work here?

1) Yakumo can't read minds ALL the time and she admits to this herself. In Volume 01 Chapter b01 Yakumo says, and I quote (my own translation): "There are times when I can hear the hearts of other people." She probably doesn't pick up every single thing they think, just the things they think when they are thinking about how they like her. As for Tenma, maybe she just doesn't think at all sometimes and that's why Yakumo didn't pick that up. And Hanai does like Yakumo.

Don't look into these things so much! Jeez, its not as fun when you're so analytical about everything. Yet I'm an engineer and I'm still saying this!
Old 2004-11-07, 07:15   Link #447
Wisely

Actually, Hanai is madly in love with Yakumo though its not shown clearly in this episode. We will know as more episodes are shown

I believe someone stated before, Yakumo can only read the minds of those who like her. And BTW I believe Yakumo messed up her mind reading due to Tenma mixing up which direction is left and right...
Old 2004-11-07, 07:41   Link #448
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Yeah that sounds like Tenma for ya, but does anoyone know who's her Seiyuu?

And Yakumo's too?

Yakumo-chan voice is sooooooooooooooo moooe!!!!

I want to know what other animes she dubbed for
Old 2004-11-07, 08:18   Link #449
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Yakumo-chan's CV is Noto Mamiko-sama, who has done the CV for the Melody in Melody of Oblivion, Yuka in Elfen Lied, Nina in MONSTER, Akira in Narutaru, Yukino in Mai-HiME, Hatsuki in Yamibou, Tsukiko in Paranoia Agent, etc. etc. one of the most famous and talented CVs out there
Old 2004-11-07, 09:27   Link #450
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Tenma is voiced by Ami Koshimizu. Don't really know much of her work but I do know she did one of the Gunslinger Girls [Claes-meganekko killing machine]. Prays this is a career breakout since she has a good delivery. Mamiko Nota has so far appeared in 15 different series in total for 2004 . Not to say famous, just has a good rising star at the moment. If she can stay in the industry and maintain the output for a decade like Aya Hisakawa then that is famous But I don't think Yakumo is too good a character, too flat [expressionless]. But then anyone willing to take on the repressed sex kitten Yuka in Elfen Lied has to have a good character range

Anyway, does the terminally logical Akira have something for Hanai? She seems to take great pleasure in pushing his buttons This refers to the teahouse chapter and I'm eagerly waiting for dash to come up with subs for this one. Oddly enough, I didn't know the restaurant Harima went to was the same one Sarah works in.

Now, when is the raw for chapter 107 manga going to be released T_T?.
Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-07, 09:55   Link #451
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

I think Akira takes pleasure in bullying Hanai, that's all. I can't imagine any guy in the series pairing up with her.
Old 2004-11-07, 10:02   Link #452
sinistral
SOS団

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Yakumo-chan's CV is Noto Mamiko-sama, who has done the CV for the Melody in Melody of Oblivion, Yuka in Elfen Lied, Nina in MONSTER, Akira in Narutaru, Yukino in Mai-HiME, Hatsuki in Yamibou, Tsukiko in Paranoia Agent, etc. etc. one of the most famous and talented CVs out there
Naruto's Katsuyu, the really really sweet soft voice~
Old 2004-11-07, 10:14   Link #453
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by musashiken
I think Akira takes pleasure in bullying Hanai, that's all. I can't imagine any guy in the series pairing up with her.
Akira has shoutakon! (You will know what im talking about, if you read the manga!)

Old 2004-11-07, 10:33   Link #454
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
Akira has shoutakon! (You will know what im talking about, if you read the manga!)

Really? I thought she was just just helping out because she was reminded of some other guy. At least someone who speaks his mind Any SR character candidates with this trait?

Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-07, 10:38   Link #455
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinistral
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Naruto's Katsuyu, the really really sweet soft voice~
I recall the voice as Shimako from Maria-sama ga Miteru. Personality-wise I would have preferred a more subdued voice for Yakumo (she has that Sakaki [Azumanga Daioh] vibe), but that's just me imagining when I first read the manga.
Old 2004-11-07, 11:14   Link #456
Wisely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Spoiler:
I am not totally sure myself, is it the
Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-07, 11:24   Link #457
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisely
I am not totally sure myself, is it the
Spoiler:
Eh? that doesn't seem right?

Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-07, 11:53   Link #458
Wisely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Eh? that doesn't seem right?

Spoiler:
Well,

Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-07, 12:21   Link #459
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

I like Eri's seiyuu. Love Horie Yui.
Old 2004-11-07, 14:49   Link #460
Newguy

Sorry to get off topic but is anybody interested in translating the manga? I'm not a represntitive of Mangainc. I want to create my own group just for translating School Rumble. So far I have 2 QC's and 1 editor. I have all of the raws so... if anyones intrested post a reply or go:
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gen...7322897&page=2
Closed Thread