AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favourite Toradora! character(s) - Final Take!
Takasu Ryuuji 152 50.00%
Aisaka Taiga 186 61.18%
Kushieda Minori 114 37.50%
Kawashima Ami 162 53.29%
Kitamura Yuusuke 38 12.50%
Kanou Sumire 49 16.12%
Kihara Maya 13 4.28%
Kashii Nanako 8 2.63%
Haruta Kouji 17 5.59%
Noto Hisamitsu 15 4.93%
Kogaikubo Yuri 29 9.54%
Takasu Yasuko 62 20.39%
Inko 49 16.12%
Others (specify) 3 0.99%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 304. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-07, 23:04   Link #61
coderlan
Student

Taiga, because she's kawaii...for no reason at all.
Old 2009-09-08, 22:06   Link #62
Shakugan_No_Shana

1. Aisaka Taiga "The Palmtop Tiger" - Rie Kugimiya

Taiga is a girl in Ryūji's class. She has a well-regulated and beautiful appearance though is unable to stomach company from others. Due to her often snapping at others in brutal ways and her short stature, she is given the nickname "Palmtop Tiger" (手乗りタイガー, Te Nori Taigā?). Her under-developed body and the added nickname has given her a complex which in turn serves to give her a negative attitude and facial expression. Essentially, Taiga gets upset easily and is considerably clumsy. Due to her cute looks (described as a doll by Ryūji), she often gets confessions by boys her age, but she turns down every one of them. She comes from a rich family but due to bad family relations, she has taken to living on her own. However, since she came from a privileged household, she does not know how to do any domestic chores. When she meets Ryūji and learns of his domestic talents, she ends up relying on Ryūji to clean up after her. Aside from sleeping in her own house, and going to school, she spends most of her time at Ryūji's house; so much so that she is almost considered a member of his family.

2. Ryuji Takasu - Junji Majina

The series' main protagonist, Ryūji is a seventeen-year-old high school student in his second year, class 2-C. Due to biological inheritance, his eyes make him look like an intimidating delinquent and causes many misunderstandings. He lives in a fatherless family with just his mother, and due to this, Ryūji has learned to be self-sufficient. He is good at cooking and keeping everything in his house clean (nearly to the point of obsession), and also excels at sewing. He holds a crush on Minori Kushieda, a girl his age in his class. He has a pet parakeet named "Inko-chan" ("inko" literally means "parakeet" in Japanese). Ryūji often helps Taiga with domestic chores which she is otherwise unable to perform. At school, he is known as "the only person able to stop the palmtop tiger", referring to Taiga's nickname. While initially seen as intimidating by most others, he makes more friends. His feelings and relationship to Taiga begin to change as he spends more time with her throughout the series.

3. Kushieda Minori - Yui Horie

Minori is a girl in Ryūji's class, and is a close friend to Taiga. She is also known by the pet name "Minorin" (as a form of friendly affection). In contrast to the violent nature of Taiga, Minori is always smiling and cheerful. She is very athletic and is the captain of the girl's softball club at school, though at the same time she holds many part time jobs. She is a glutton when it comes to food, but is also constantly combating with dieting, calling herself a 'diet warrior'. She gets a thrill out of being scared. Despite her air-headed tendencies, she is very perceptive, and is one of the few people to see Ryūji for the gentle person he is, and is also not fooled by Ami's act of innocence.

================================================== ========

They are my faves!
Old 2009-09-12, 16:54   Link #63

It's a little difficult to tell, but my favourite is both Minorin and Taiga. This is because Minorin is so cute and is always smiling. In the beginning Taiga was really a another person, I like the personal change of her during the episodes.
Old 2009-09-13, 16:29   Link #64
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I voted for Taiga. Her relationship with Ryuuji and development were both executed nicely.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-09-21, 19:09   Link #65
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

well, im two episodes away from the end so i guess it's time for me to vote.

Ami - The clear winner of this series. She was funny, smart, and cute. Never out of the loop, but accepted that she will never win over Takasu.

Yasuko - What a cool, loving, and caring mom. She may be a little confused at times, but she always has the best intentions.

Sumire - a very interesting character. Made a relatively boring arc very good.

I don't really like Taiga's "I'll hit you cause i can" character type, and Minori was up there until the end arcs where she seemed to fall apart. Takasu's character also seemed a little unbelievable to me how he could drop Minori and like Taiga in such a short amount of time, even for a romance anime.
Old 2009-09-21, 19:27   Link #66
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
Takasu's character also seemed a little unbelievable to me how he could drop Minori and like Taiga in such a short amount of time, even for a romance anime.
The funny thing is, I remember most people saying it was obvious Ryuuji and Taiga would get together since episode 2. Perhaps that's the difference between watching weekly and marathoning after the series is over... ? :P
Old 2009-09-21, 19:32   Link #67
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
The funny thing is, I remember most people saying it was obvious Ryuuji and Taiga would get together since episode 2. Perhaps that's the difference between watching weekly and marathoning after the series is over... ? :P
Well, no. The story is simplistic and very predictable. That's why its obvious. The speech from the very beginning of the series basically told us they were gonna be together. However if i were to watch this, if it wasn't a romance anime, the development happens quite quickly for me. Taiga seemed to have fallen for Takasu a long time ago which was obvious but we barley see any real commitment of feelings from Takasu as he is still chasing Minori up until, maybe the 4th last episode. Taiga has basically dropped Yusaku since the school council arc.
Old 2009-09-21, 20:49   Link #68
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
Well, no. The story is simplistic and very predictable. That's why its obvious. The speech from the very beginning of the series basically told us they were gonna be together. However if i were to watch this, if it wasn't a romance anime, the development happens quite quickly for me. Taiga seemed to have fallen for Takasu a long time ago which was obvious but we barley see any real commitment of feelings from Takasu as he is still chasing Minori up until, maybe the 4th last episode. Taiga has basically dropped Yusaku since the school council arc.
He is still overtly chasing Minori. Do note, however, that one of the main themes of the series is people being dishonest with themselves about their own feelings.
Old 2009-10-03, 09:56   Link #69
typhonsentra

Wow, Taiga's pulled into a decent sized lead since I last checked and Ryuuji's getting close to below 50% for the first time. Things really change over time, back when it first ended everyone's fave seemed to be Ami (I still probably liked her best of the cast).
Old 2009-10-12, 10:32   Link #70
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I can't believe Kitamura has such few votes. With Minori you could expect some crazyness as normal from her but the comedy from Kitamura was just so random and out of nowhere. He's an absolute legend.
Old 2009-10-12, 21:47   Link #71
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
I voted for my 3 favorite characters.

1. Aisaka Taiga
She has developed from the palmtop tiger to a really likable girl in my opinion.

In the beginning I did like her, but I didn't expect her to get so much development to be honest. So I was pleasantly surprised

When she started getting closer to Ryuuji and her friends, she began showing her real personality, the one that was hidden behind her tiger-personality, more and more. Even though it would make herself unhappy, she'd do anything for her friends (especially Minorin and Ryuuji). You can see this very clearly during the christmas arc.

She is very clumsy when it comes to love though, but I'm happy that everything worked out for her in the end.

2. Takasu Ryuuji
A great lead in my opinion. He's a bit dumb when it comes to love, but otherwise he is a smart and caring boy. He'd do anything to help another.

Even though Taiga was very mean to him in the beginning, he still stayed by her side because he knew that she needed him. Even though he could get a date with his 'love' during christmas, he chose to be with Taiga instead. And in the end he realized that she was the person he'd been searching for.

3. Takasu Yasuko
She's a great mother who did everything she could in order to raise her son. She might get a bit airheaded at times, but when she needs to be she can be very reliable. When she saw that Taiga started 'living' with them, she didn't mind at all. She even wanted Taiga to marry Ryuuji, so that they could become a 3 person family.
thats exactly why i voted for those three as well
Old 2009-10-19, 03:12   Link #72
gaffer7

I'll put votes in for Ami, who I originally disliked but grew so much on me as the series progressed, and Ryuuji, a male lead that manages to be helpful and kind without being stupid and perverted, even if he's a little dense.
Old 2009-10-19, 21:03   Link #73
TheWin

Kushieda Minori: She's so funny, and loveable. xD I love when she stood up in class all dramatically, and crossed her arms, that was the higlight of the week. She's really protective over Taiga -tan. ;D
Old 2009-10-20, 08:58   Link #74
ichigo_m
Melting - Just because I

Send a message via AIM to ichigo_m Send a message via Yahoo to ichigo_m
Minori is my favorite. I think I relate to her the most. She has deep pain but won't let it show, because she thinks more about her friends than herself, honestly it's rather sad.

Second was Ya-chan~
Old 2011-02-06, 21:45   Link #75
konata0079

Ami-chan for her outstanding character development (one of the best character development i have seen considering her very limited screen time). She also has that tragic heroine thing and her backstory was actually original for a change. Shes just my fav toradora character and prbly one of my top 10 fav anime characters.
If i had to pick a second fav it would be taiga.
Unfortunately im not a minori fan
Old 2011-02-07, 12:15   Link #76
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Aisaka Taiga - Do I even need to explain it? She is the soul of the serie, I still think that Shana is my favourite tsundere but Taiga showed a highly mature state while the passing of time finally made her a sweet and friendly person, that was only her real feelings hidded inside her. I love every part of his personality and the fact that Rie Kumiya played her voice gives them that effect of the "Queen of the Tsunderes" that I like so much.
Old 2011-03-22, 04:56   Link #77
Animeaddict27
I Love Making Sig And Av.

i voted inko-chan cause he's so cute xD
Old 2011-05-03, 08:35   Link #78
Cari-san

I voted for Kawashima Ami and Kanou Sumire.
Old 2011-08-24, 09:37   Link #79
YuriEcchiGirl

Aisaka Taiga is my favourite character in this series, she's just so awesome in so many ways
Old 2011-09-02, 02:23   Link #80
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

-kanou
-takasu
-minorin
-amin
-yasuko
-kitamura
Closed Thread