AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-08, 18:56   Link #221
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
It's apparently sold over 100 thousand copies since its release. So pretty well, in other words.
fuck men thats many....it's not been long since it's release

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-06-08, 19:57   Link #222
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
It's apparently sold over 100 thousand copies since its release. So pretty well, in other words.
I expected it was selling well, but that much already? Is kinda of surprising.
MAL
Old 2010-06-08, 20:29   Link #223
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
I have recently reviewed Little Braver on my blog and I was disappointed like the other 2 singles from Girls Dead Monster to the point of fustration. I think this Girls Dead Monster thing is a biggest disaster to come from Key Sound Label. One of the commenters made a good point about the whole situation:

They clearly didn't take enough time for auditioning for these singing roles and just randomly picked unknown singers that have not enough talent in singing. They just done it to milk the hype what its worth and its just sad. The OP and ED was fantastic, but the GDM songs I have to admit is very disappointing as these songs deserved better singers...
Seeing as LiSA is a punk singer, it actually fits. Also the singers REALLY aren't that bad. I find that they're better than most seiyuu/singers.

As for the poster's wife, that sucks really bad, but opera singers are only really in demand in certain European countries.
Old 2010-06-08, 21:21   Link #224
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
Seeing as LiSA is a punk singer, it actually fits. Also the singers REALLY aren't that bad. I find that they're better than most seiyuu/singers.

As for the poster's wife, that sucks really bad, but opera singers are only really in demand in certain European countries.
I don't think the songs LiSA sung I can consider punk... It's more towards Pop Rock, but definitely not punk... and I don't agree that they are better. If they are better, why does LiSA go out of tune on the higher pitches or marina's songs she sung sound like there is no emotion? This is what I don't understand since I can tell pretty well because I have a musical background (around 10+ years of Piano and 8 years of Clarinet). I'm not trying to be mean, but something just doesn't add up.
Old 2010-06-08, 22:41   Link #225
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Lia is one of the few j-artist who sings extremely well in english and japanese, gotta love her and the op for angel beat
Old 2010-06-08, 23:26   Link #226
boredandlazy

Quote:
I have recently reviewed Little Braver on my blog and I was disappointed like the other 2 singles from Girls Dead Monster to the point of fustration. I think this Girls Dead Monster thing is a biggest disaster to come from Key Sound Label. One of the commenters made a good point about the whole situation:

They clearly didn't take enough time for auditioning for these singing roles and just randomly picked unknown singers that have not enough talent in singing. They just done it to milk the hype what its worth and its just sad. The OP and ED was fantastic, but the GDM songs I have to admit is very disappointing as these songs deserved better singers...
Meh, I quite enjoyed the singles. Just like a lot of other people probably will.
Each to their own.
I will attest to the fact that they can't touch Lia though, she's amazing.
Old 2010-06-09, 01:44   Link #227
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Little Braver is definitely the weakest of the three albums, but Crow Song and Thousand Enemies (not as much) didn't disappoint at all.

either way, this anime still puts out more and higher quality songs than K-on. but yes, i would love Iwasawa to sing something else. her voice is miles better than Yui's.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.

Last edited by germanturkey; 2010-06-09 at 11:36.
Old 2010-06-09, 04:32   Link #228
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
Quote:

I don't think so, IMO it's great and even excellent, there is no problem with the singing at all.
Old 2010-06-09, 09:09   Link #229
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
You'd kind of hope that people who rely on their singing to make money are better than the people who mostly voice act. :x

As much as I would have loved for KitaEri to sing, she can't sing comfortably in Yui's range. I was in pain hearing her sing for nearly all the ToraDora songs, though crazy stuff like Koharu Biyori OP is fun. I think most people would wtf if Yui started singing and sounded like this or this.... OtaEri banzai! ヾ( ^o^)ノ゛

And about the Toyosaki Aki and Hikasa Yoko thing.... Toyosaki live is lol and Hikasa isn't that much better. She gets points for having a voice that's easier on the ears. But Toyosaki is kind of cute if you give her the right kind of song.

Ah, the wonders of auto-tune technology.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-06-09, 11:00   Link #230
icyhandofcrap
crap translator

Quote:
I don't think the songs LiSA sung I can consider punk... It's more towards Pop Rock, but definitely not punk... and I don't agree that they are better. If they are better, why does LiSA go out of tune on the higher pitches or marina's songs she sung sound like there is no emotion? This is what I don't understand since I can tell pretty well because I have a musical background (around 10+ years of Piano and 8 years of Clarinet). I'm not trying to be mean, but something just doesn't add up.
Even without too much of a musical background, I agree with you on the technical evaluation of the singers. I can tell what you are talking about - the lack of energy that marina puts out and the times that LiSA goes out of tune on the higher notes.

However, I don't think the mediocre-at-times singing detracts too much from the songs themselves. Overall, I think most of the songs sound pretty good. Many rock bands succeed and become legends even with mediocre singing, because their songs are enjoyable nevertheless. Personally, as long as the singing is at an acceptable level, I tend to appreciate the instrumentals more.

Furthermore, Jun Maeda did mention he was trying write songs that would fit a high school girls band - not all the way through professional but with some hints of amateurism. I don't know if the vocalist choices were deliberate with this aim in mind, but it does fit the theme of the band by picking out lesser known singers, even if their singing is slightly flawed.
Old 2010-06-09, 15:42   Link #231
Same_Shark

Quote:
No, I was actually saying that LiSA was a punk rock singer before the GDM songs.
Old 2010-06-09, 16:18   Link #232
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
However, I don't think the mediocre-at-times singing detracts too much from the songs themselves. Overall, I think most of the songs sound pretty good. Many rock bands succeed and become legends even with mediocre singing, because their songs are enjoyable nevertheless. Personally, as long as the singing is at an acceptable level, I tend to appreciate the instrumentals more.

Furthermore, Jun Maeda did mention he was trying write songs that would fit a high school girls band - not all the way through professional but with some hints of amateurism. I don't know if the vocalist choices were deliberate with this aim in mind, but it does fit the theme of the band by picking out lesser known singers, even if their singing is slightly flawed.
Don't get me wrong, I like the instrumentals, but it made me sad that they don't have the off-vocal tracks in these singles. The vocals ruin it for me like with K-ON!!'s Go! Go! Maniac, but the redeeming factor besides from the screechiness of Toyosaki Aki's vocals (it seems she isn't use to fast paced songs) is the catchiness of the song and the instrumentals. There is nothing redeeming in GDM, except the instrumentals. Again, people have different opinions and musical tastes and may not agree with me and I respect that, but few of the bloggers I have contact with agrees with me that the songs are mediocre and they needed better singers. The reviews of the two singles at Anime Instrumentality Blog will give you a general idea what the author say whats wrong with the songs by Girls Dead Monster...
Old 2010-06-09, 21:35   Link #233
SoraValkyrie

any one know if the insert song for episode 10 exist in guitar chords? and i believe its called "my most precious treasure" by Lisa
Old 2010-06-10, 20:10   Link #234
caesarsalad
..is a work in progress!

I personally have loved each and every Girls Dead Monster song. <3 Of the latest single, I REALLY love Answer song actually, though all of them are excellent, in my opinion... both Lissa and Marina have great voices. I'm not a music expert, but I like what I hear XDD;

I'm really impressed with this soundtrack....
Old 2010-06-10, 20:28   Link #235
boredandlazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by caesarsalad View Post
I personally have loved each and every Girls Dead Monster song. <3 Of the latest single, I REALLY love Answer song actually, though all of them are excellent, in my opinion... both Lissa and Marina have great voices. I'm not a music expert, but I like what I hear XDD;

I'm really impressed with this soundtrack....
Of the Lisa songs I like Answer Song the best as well. As for Marina, I really enojyed "My song". I know it's not the most polished vocal performance ever but it was never meant to be a pitch perfect pop song, the vocals were supposed to represent someone giving their all without regard for perfection and I think it was conveyed pretty damn well.
Old 2010-06-11, 03:39   Link #236
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

So I've just read the translation for Little Braver Album....

Well...err..If I must say something...I was just...speechless I didn't know that the song really fit with Yui, and the meaning of the song was conveyed really well with the way she sings it. Just like when I listen to Shine Days, I was pretty touched when I (after reading the translation first) listen to it, and I can sense the energy that is coming from the song itself. It's the same with Little Braver, I also felt something like that. But it's more like the beginning of something bigger than when listening to Shine Days...I think about it like a prologue, Shine Days as the main part itself, and Answer song as an epilogue ;_;

Answer Song...when I listen into it somehow I can see Iwasawa 'ghost' singing along together with Yui in the stage...and that made me cry a little

Quote:
9.一番の宝物 (Yui ver.)
I just noticed about this...Does that means that the one who sings in episode 10 is not Yui ?

Last edited by Von Himmel; 2010-06-11 at 03:49.
Old 2010-06-11, 05:02   Link #237
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
I just noticed about this...Does that means that the one who sings in episode 10 is not Yui ?
If you see the ending credits of eps 10, then it is listed as Yui (LiSA)
Old 2010-06-11, 12:54   Link #238
loopyluke
The Loopy Composer

After reading through most of this thread I found I wasn't the only one who prefered the episode version of Crow song to the CD version. So I've edited Crow Song into a live version if you want to have a listen

http://frostfireaudio.com/index.php/...-dead-monster/
Old 2010-06-12, 09:36   Link #239
kitten320

Are there any actual music OSTs out? Not songs, just music?
Old 2010-06-12, 19:23   Link #240
boredandlazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Are there any actual music OSTs out? Not songs, just music?
OST is coming out late july.
Closed Thread