AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

View Poll Results: Hidan no Aria - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 7 13.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 37.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 17.65%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 13.73%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.92%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 3.92%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.96%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-09, 02:46   Link #41
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
for a close quarters combat fight between 2 trained personnels vs a hostile who have history of blowing up things, a knife and quick actions have more advantages than a 10m range gunfight.

bullets spamming in a commercial plane is bad idea because like you said, bullets can hit the fuel tank causing explosion. Also it can make some holes in the wall or glass windows which dont really bring the plane down but if it is flying at low attitude, but the low oxygen level will make the fight hilarious.
Memory might be off, but didn't the MythBusters also take on shooting a fuel tank with bullets? I'm pretty sure they proved that unless you shoot the fuel tank with incendiary ammo that nothing is going to happen. Now of course hitting the tanks will cause the plane to start losing fuel which is bad, but pretty sure it won't actually explode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Once again foiled by mythbusters in their plane special where they revealed that modern auto pilot can in fact land a plane should the pilot and copilot be rended 'unavailable'.
Wow those mythbusters are just handling everything for Hidan no Aria aren't they .
Old 2011-05-09, 03:57   Link #42
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

They do anything, for science!
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-05-09, 04:55   Link #43
zero7090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Once again foiled by mythbusters in their plane special where they revealed that modern auto pilot can in fact land a plane should the pilot and copilot be rended 'unavailable'.
i never knew science is advanced that auto pilot system on every airliner can auto config itself, interact with the air traffic control tower and self-check everything.

Quote:
Memory might be off, but didn't the MythBusters also take on shooting a fuel tank with bullets? I'm pretty sure they proved that unless you shoot the fuel tank with incendiary ammo that nothing is going to happen. Now of course hitting the tanks will cause the plane to start losing fuel which is bad, but pretty sure it won't actually explode.
well they tested about explosive decompression on a pressurised standstill aircraft at sea level pressure so i would take their results with a pinch of salts.
Old 2011-05-09, 05:40   Link #44
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
i never knew science is advanced that auto pilot system on every airliner can auto config itself, interact with the air traffic control tower and self-check everything.

well they tested about explosive decompression on a pressurised standstill aircraft at sea level pressure so i would take their results with a pinch of salts.
For explosive decompression to occur the surrounding skin of the aircraft would have to be weak enought that it tears....

Since the Comet crashes people have been working to improve that flaw....

9mm holes won't have such major risks when weighed against the greater threat of the intruder. Else why do law enforcement still equip their men with guns on flights
Old 2011-05-09, 05:49   Link #45
larethian

zero7090 dear, all I have to say is that this is a fiction with some element of fantasy, though your discussions have been interesting.

and it's tons better than IS imo

oh well, rather than the situational stuff, the 2km x 500m island is the only thing that has been bothering me so far. and I'm wondering whether the somewhat unrealistic small campus was given such dimensions in the first place so that it can cater to certain events wwwwww!
Old 2011-05-09, 06:20   Link #46
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
and it's tons better than IS imo
but not as successful, apparently.
Old 2011-05-09, 06:22   Link #47
tsunade666

Quote:
The current technology can though dependent on the weather. Not sure on harsh weather but on clear weather it's enough to use autopilot though there are a marginal of error so pilots are still require to rise and land the plane.

Plus the plane Aria boards with isn't your ordinary plane. It's plane for royals and nobles of England. Classy airplane have more stable than your classy one for VIP purposes.
Old 2011-05-09, 17:21   Link #48
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
how about killing them then blow up the plane as the icing on the cake?
Give her attitude Riko would want Aria and Kinji dead or alive, but she would need their remains as proof of feat, so again I don't see any reason for her to use a bomb, especially since the group she working with "EU" is likely in europe[where the flight is headed] who would to see the proof of her victory, so stopping it seems counterproductive , since she isn't the type who blows something up for fun , but as part of a plan . I find it unlikely she'd bomb the plane after "just because" again, she's psycho but logical .
MAL
Old 2011-05-09, 21:29   Link #49
dragon132004

WoW... Did Hidan no Aria finally get a Subforum? COOL
Old 2011-05-10, 02:43   Link #50
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Gotta love it how people argue the science of this anime with urban myths.

Explosive decompression from firing bullets through a plane fuselage? Only happens in Hollywood movies. Unless the gun you use is capable of firing rockets, it's not gonna happen.

Bullets tearing through a fuel tank, igniting it? Kerosene is less flammable than gasoline, because it's more viscose and doesn't form fuel vapors that easily, making ignition harder. And a mere bullet is not enough to ignite the fuel in the first place. Hollywood =/= facts, people should know that by now.

Close quarter combat between an unarmed person and a gun wielder. It is possible to subdue an armed person without using any weapon, but you need to know a human's weak spots (there's one right behind and below the ear) to properly subdue him and unless you know what you're doing, it's not worth the risk. I assume Kinji stopped following most of the Butei lessons, so even if he knew, I doubt he could successfully overpower Riko.

And wearing a body armor will still inflict a lot of pain on you if you get shot, and the closer you are, the more painful it will be. Now, we know Aria will survive being shot at point blank range (because she's the main character, so expect the bullet to barely miss her heart – if it penetrated at all), but I also think it will shake her up for a bit before she can get back on her feet.

And as said, would Riko really risk being trapped on a plane with a bomb, with no way out (assuming she didn't bring a parachute with her)? I doubt it. Especially when she never mentioned there being a bomb in the first place.
Old 2011-05-10, 07:55   Link #51
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Just wanted to put it out there: anyone who didn't see Riko being evil coming is... I just feel for you. I mean, really. Talk about "seeing it coming from miles away".
Old 2011-05-10, 08:46   Link #52
tsunade666

I didn't see Riko as the culprit at all so when she revealed it. it just got hit me though I got suspicions from the event in the club where she give info on Kinji but before that. I don't have a clue at all.
Old 2011-05-10, 08:57   Link #53
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

It might've been hard to figure out exactly WHAT she was doing/who she was, but I meant that the fact that she had any kind of hidden nefarious intentions at ALL should've been painfully obvious. Characters like her almost always immediately raise the "this person is secretly bad/is gonna turn bad" flag.

Just my opinion, of course.
Old 2011-05-10, 10:53   Link #54
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Heh, that Aria/Rika gunfight reminded me of that good ol' Grenaider fight in the last ep(the few seconds of melee anyways (>.>)):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
It might've been hard to figure out exactly WHAT she was doing/who she was, but I meant that the fact that she had any kind of hidden nefarious intentions at ALL should've been painfully obvious. Characters like her almost always immediately raise the "this person is secretly bad/is gonna turn bad" flag.

Just my opinion, of course.
I can understand that line of thought as you watched this episode, but I don't see how you(or others) could figure out beforehand with only what they showed in the previous 3 episodes. She did not exhibit any signs of her 'true' self, and only showed herself as a cheerful, but highly informative girl who likes gothic lolita games. There may have been a clue or two, like the changing of the clocks as a result of Rika handing Kinji the arcade ticket, but there was no proof of any motive that would link her as the one responsible for the recent Butei killer encounters.
Old 2011-05-10, 11:07   Link #55
Dahak86
Classics never age

aah, that good ol' Grenadier fight... truly unforgettable.

way better than the Aria vs Riko gunfight by a good margin.
Old 2011-05-10, 11:42   Link #56
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
aah, that good ol' Grenadier fight... truly unforgettable.

way better than the Aria vs Riko gunfight by a good margin.
Aria and Riko only loose on the size. Man talking about great use of air space hammer.

But still the best gun fight for me is in Aria but in later volumes.
Old 2011-05-10, 11:52   Link #57
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Riko's reveal kinda reminded me of Kyoko's reveal from Kore Wa Zombie Desuka?...
Old 2011-05-10, 11:56   Link #58
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I have to agree that there were hardly serious signs of evil behind Riko before this episode. Yeah her behaviour at the start of this episode definitely screamed suspicious. Before this episode there wasn't much to suspect with her.

We saw her give info about Aria to Kinji, well she is in the investigation group and Kinji asked her to get the intel for him. She didn't like the sequels, well thinking some sequels are an insult to the original is actually right at times . Her trying to push at Kinji and Aria getting together was hardly evil, just could have thought they looked good together. Maybe the sign of her evil was the horrifying habit of altering her school uniform .

Certainly this isn't the first time a cheerful person has been hiding things, but her having that kind of personality didn't mean she was going to be a villain.
Old 2011-05-10, 11:59   Link #59
judasmartel
*Author

If Riko is Lupin IV, and we already have Lupin III, then...
Old 2011-05-10, 12:46   Link #60
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I can understand that line of thought as you watched this episode, but I don't see how you(or others) could figure out beforehand with only what they showed in the previous 3 episodes. She did not exhibit any signs of her 'true' self, and only showed herself as a cheerful, but highly informative girl who likes gothic lolita games. There may have been a clue or two, like the changing of the clocks as a result of Rika handing Kinji the arcade ticket, but there was no proof of any motive that would link her as the one responsible for the recent Butei killer encounters.
Perhaps I'm just better attuned to these kinds of things than most? *Shrugs* Everyone's different. Plus, like I said, I didn't say the fact that she was linked with the Butei Killer stuff was obvious (it wasn't). I said just the fact that she has ill-intentions at all (regardless of what they were exactly) seemed obvious to me. But like I just said above, everyone's different. Not everyone's going to see the same thing, let alone are they trained is trained to spot these kinds of stereotypes in narrative like I am. I often forget that. XD
Closed Thread