AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-18, 20:47   Link #921
Kudryavka

Is there any reason to buy the 3DS other than remakes? I've got nothing against it, I've got half of them on my must-buy list . Just wondering if there are any cool, original games.

Also, how's the Virtual Boy (lol)? Worth the money if I already have all the Game Boy consoles and can buy physical copies?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 20:55   Link #922
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Is there any reason to buy the 3DS other than remakes? I've got nothing against it, I've got half of them on my must-buy list . Just wondering if there are any cool, original games.

Also, how's the Virtual Boy (lol)? Worth the money if I already have all the Game Boy consoles and can buy physical copies?
Depends on what you mean by "remakes". Only a few of these upcoming games are actual "remakes" while the others are "sequels" or "continuations". I haven't been keeping up with the 3rd party releases so perhaps someone can be a little more helpful in enlightening you with new series.

As for the...em, Virtual Console (we're not opening that bag of Virtual Boy worms ever again), it works well for what it is but if you have an original Game Boy then you should be getting games for that. There are however, DSiWare and 3D Classics games along with applications and new games that are on the eShop, so I'd still look into that.
Old 2011-09-18, 21:38   Link #923
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Depends on what you mean by "remakes". Only a few of these upcoming games are actual "remakes" while the others are "sequels" or "continuations". I haven't been keeping up with the 3rd party releases so perhaps someone can be a little more helpful in enlightening you with new series.

As for the...em, Virtual Console (we're not opening that bag of Virtual Boy worms ever again), it works well for what it is but if you have an original Game Boy then you should be getting games for that. There are however, DSiWare and 3D Classics games along with applications and new games that are on the eShop, so I'd still look into that.
I know, the Virtual Boy thing was a joke, lol. :P

K, so I won't look forward to VC games. Now that I look, the VC prices suck anyways, could get physicals for the same price or cheaper. What are 3D Classics?
Old 2011-09-18, 21:45   Link #924
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I know, the Virtual Boy thing was a joke, lol. :P

K, so I won't look forward to VC games. Now that I look, the VC prices suck anyways, could get physicals for the same price or cheaper. What are 3D Classics?
There's a fine line for a joke! *cries as eyes bleed*

Aaaanyways, yeah. I no longer have a Game Boy against my own will so in the end I may buy a few, who knows. Right now though I only have the 10 free games Nintendo gave out for the Ambassador program. The 3D Classics are old classic games in which Nintendo has updated in different ways and added 3D depth to them. The first one was Excitebike(which was free), and I believe they did Xevious as well at the moment.
Old 2011-09-18, 21:48   Link #925
Kudryavka

Quote:
There's a fine line for a joke! *cries as eyes bleed*

Aaaanyways, yeah. I no longer have a Game Boy against my own will so in the end I may buy a few, who knows. Right now though I only have the 10 free games Nintendo gave out for the Ambassador program. The 3D Classics are old classic games in which Nintendo has updated in different ways and added 3D depth to them. The first one was Excitebike(which was free), and I believe they did Xevious as well at the moment.
Awesome. Any ports of home consoles as well? Or "lol sry, gotta buy it on Wii "?
Old 2011-09-18, 21:58   Link #926
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Awesome. Any ports of home consoles as well? Or "lol sry, gotta buy it on Wii "?
Nothing as of yet. I don't even know if they will do something like that.

So...

"lol sry, gotta buy it on Wii."
Old 2011-09-18, 22:09   Link #927
Kudryavka

Quote:
Nothing as of yet. I don't even know if they will do something like that.

So...

"lol sry, gotta buy it on Wii."
Alright, thanks PM.
Old 2011-09-19, 02:36   Link #928
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Alright, thanks PM.
Don't mention it.

As for release dates, IGN has a bunch of them if you haven't seen them yet.

Kirby: Mass Attack (DS) - September 19, 2011
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords (3DS eShop) - September 28, 2011
Professor Layton and the Last Specter (DS) - October 17, 2011
Super Mario 3D Land (3DS) - November 13, 2011
Mario Kart 7 (3DS) - December 4, 2011
Sonic Generations (3DS) - December 8, 2011
Old 2011-09-20, 03:45   Link #929
Sides

Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun/Renegade Remake

Renegade Remake 3DS remake, but done in the spirte of pixels. You can read more on andriasang.com
I was and am still looking forward to it, but it seems that it is actually a retail game and priced at ¥4,410 is a bit steep, it is still less than other retail 3DS games mind you. I really hope we in the west get it as an eshop DD and less expensive.
Official HP: http://kuniokun.jp/special/ ← the site has a PV on it, but

Other news. Layton vs. Ace Attorney. Apparently there are some indication that localisation is happening, rad more on siliconera.com.
I cannot remember correctly, but i think their was some news that it will be making its way over the waters, last week.

New info regarding Square-Enix's Bravely Default - Flying Fairy, read more on andriasang.com

Last edited by Sides; 2011-09-20 at 10:22.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 16:17   Link #930
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Other news. Layton vs. Ace Attorney. Apparently there are some indication that localisation is happening, rad more on siliconera.com.
I cannot remember correctly, but i think their was some news that it will be making its way over the waters, last week.
That is the best news I've heard in like...ever.
Old 2011-09-25, 07:24   Link #931
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009

Wait, they had a Japanese version of it? But this time they dubbed in Japanese! I mean we haven't seen this in the previous RE games before!
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 10:57   Link #932
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
...Wait, they had a Japanese version of it? But this time they dubbed in Japanese! I mean we haven't seen this in the previous RE games before!
Yeah it was announced during TGS where they, IIRC, listed the japanese voice actors. Think Toochi Hiroki will be voicing Chris again and Yuya Atsuko Jill, like in MvC 3. Big changes at capcom and their management, so expect more surprises.
Old 2011-09-28, 06:23   Link #933
Sides

Zelda four swords is up on eshop. As a DSI title, so you can get it on both 3DS and DSI machines, and it is free. Think it is actually a modified version of the GBA game, with new solo mode, so you can actually play it on your own.
Old 2011-10-01, 01:29   Link #934
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Just thought I'd post this up, seeing as it basically confirms Layton vs Attorney for a American release~

http://forums.court-records.net/view...p?f=31&t=20823

... on the same note, new trailer~

Old 2011-10-01, 01:38   Link #935
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Time to relive my glorious Court-Records days.

I seriously cannot wait for this game.
Old 2011-10-03, 17:36   Link #936
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Playing Legend of Zelda: Four Swords again is quite nice, especially with that added one player mode. The original game needed this mode.

Anyone else been playing the free download?
Old 2011-10-03, 17:56   Link #937
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Playing Legend of Zelda: Four Swords again is quite nice, especially with that added one player mode. The original game needed this mode.

Anyone else been playing the free download?
My roomie and I both grabbed it the second it came out. Went through the basic game in one sitting and saw that there's some extra indicators that pop up on the levels after completion. Might play it again soon to see what those are but it was 4 AM when we finished

Good game, good game. Nice that it's free, since I can't see too many people lining up to buy it if it's local multiplayer only.
Old 2011-10-03, 18:00   Link #938
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It was a gift in regards to the 25th anniversary of the series, but still i'm sure not a lot of people have played Four Swords because of it's strong multiplayer format, so now's a nice chance for those people. It's no way near being my favourite Legend of Zelda game, though it's certainly loads of fun.
Old 2011-10-03, 18:06   Link #939
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It was a gift in regards to the 25th anniversary of the series, but still i'm sure not a lot of people have played Four Swords because of it's strong multiplayer format, so now's a nice chance for those people. It's no way near being my favourite Legend of Zelda game, though it's certainly loads of fun.
I recall hearing about this gift about 3 months ago The only problem with the original Four Swords was that everyone had to have a GBA and a copy of the game itself. Not to mention link cables! And those damn adapters for the Four Swords Adventures game...

Anyways, this makes it so much easier and nice. Definitely play it with a friend or two, and try and figure out if they're friend or foe. It's hilarious when you're strategizing together one moment, and then the next you're throwing each other into pits to try and steal the other's treasure chest. It's a laughable kind of fun that doesn't really cause frustration. Also, the competition during the end credits is a TON of fun.

And just to get something off of my chest: what's with all these 3DS titles coming out with only local multiplayer? When DoAD came out and the online play worked nicely, I felt really excited for future co-op and competitive games to appear, but one by one it's been local only. Even Starfox 64 3D did that! That was ridiculous and I ended up not buying it. Hopefully they don't keep this up for the big titles like Mario Kart and Animal Crossing. Then we'll have some trouble.
Old 2011-10-03, 18:35   Link #940
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
They went on record saying Mario Kart would have online multiplayer. They didn't add it in starfox because it would have cost too much money and time. The fact that SSF4, DOAD and RE: The Mercenaries did it proves that it isn't impossible. It's just up to the developers. Nintendo products with something to prove will most likely get them, like Mario Kart. Starfox was just a quick port for people to have something to play.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, dsi, nintendo, nintendo 3ds, nintendo ds