Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-08-20, 11:14   Link #1281
Spongefan1
I like Turtles

Send a message via AIM to Spongefan1 Send a message via MSN to Spongefan1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno-Oki View Post
I think it would be absolutely adorable, and very funny if when Kid came back, he was taller. *squeals over the thought of a gangly Kid*
Oh god YES. You think he would change his hairstyle?
Spongefan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 11:18   Link #1282
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongefan1 View Post
Doubt it. He's all about symmetry, so he'll most likely keep his hairstyle exactly the same because it's symmetrical as it is (except for the stripes of course). Nobody else changed their hairstyles anyways, so I don't see why he should. The only aspect about his hair I could see changing are his stripes actually. Perhaps they would because full circles in the future.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 14:53   Link #1283
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'monaboat View Post
I think Tsubaki's also the same age as them, maybe only 15 or so, but she is very well developed.
And thank god for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirvee View Post
This is where a character guide would be AWESOME.
Yeah.. does anyone have or have seen one? Did they even make one?
Old 2009-08-20, 17:25   Link #1284
BelovedSong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno-Oki View Post
I think it would be absolutely adorable, and very funny if when Kid came back, he was taller. *squeals over the thought of a gangly Kid*
Me approves!!! I'm really content with the idea of Kid being more mature after seeing this pic of the "Soul Eater Soul Art" artbook:
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/3190/seartbook.jpg
everyone seem to have grown a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongefan1
As Freedan said, I doubt it because everything is about symmetry for him, but Ohkubo has improved a lot his drawing style and the hair of the characters look lovely now. Even if Kid has the same hairstyle, it looks way better now:
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/7779/dtk887.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO
Yeah.. does anyone have or have seen one? Did they even make one?
I'm not really sure, but wasn't "How to make a DeathScythe" a character guide or something like that? but there weren't any info about the characters age or nothing really new about them.
BelovedSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 03:29   Link #1285
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedSong View Post
Me approves!!! I'm really content with the idea of Kid being more mature after seeing this pic of the "Soul Eater Soul Art" artbook:
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/3190/seartbook.jpg
everyone seem to have grown a lot!

As Freedan said, I doubt it because everything is about symmetry for him, but Ohkubo has improved a lot his drawing style and the hair of the characters look lovely now. Even if Kid has the same hairstyle, it looks way better now:
I think the first few color pages in Chapter 62 give a pretty good picture in regards to Kid's new look. Notice that both Black*Star and Maka's costumes are different in those pages. They have also apparently changed in the actual story. Kid's costume is also different in the color pages, so that's most likely what Kid's new look will be in future chapters.
Old 2009-08-23, 20:13   Link #1286
Orangejellosphere
That one guy

@Yoko Takeo
Most likely. That colored page showed the new Spartoi girl's uniform and Soul as a Death Scythe before that accomplishment had quite been accomplished.
Old 2009-08-24, 00:17   Link #1287
Spongefan1
I like Turtles

Send a message via AIM to Spongefan1 Send a message via MSN to Spongefan1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedSong View Post
Gah, sorry, that's what I meant, basically the same thing but cooler looking. Darn typos.

Also, going by that picture of them in their new uniforms, are the Thompson sister's weapon forms going to be .42 with the eye thing from now on, regardless of the condition of Kid's lines? I tried to go by the panels with Patti at the firing range to figure something out but it's somewhat hard to tell..
Spongefan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 16:30   Link #1288
BelovedSong

Quote:
Also, going by that picture of them in their new uniforms, are the Thompson sister's weapon forms going to be .42 with the eye thing from now on, regardless of the condition of Kid's lines? I tried to go by the panels with Patti at the firing range to figure something out but it's somewhat hard to tell..
That's a good question, is hard to tell yes...but when Liz used Patti against Noah, Patti had her "normal" form I think:
http://i26.tinypic.com/mjwzo1.jpg
so maybe they only have that new form when they are with Kid...?

EDIT: I have compared both barrels:

http://i25.tinypic.com/w6tqqg.jpg

the first one is from the Kid VS Mosquito chapter, second one, Patti with Liz in chapter 62, not the same, so it seems that the new form only appears with the young shinigami,
but if that new form appeared in the same picture as DeatchScythe!Soul, maybe it will be the new permanent form even if Kid hasn't one of his stripes connected...?

Last edited by BelovedSong; 2009-08-24 at 20:07.
BelovedSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 19:57   Link #1289
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Gah, sorry, that's what I meant, basically the same thing but cooler looking. Darn typos.

That might have been a permanent evolution on their part as a result of an increase in Kid's soul wavelength, so it could very well be the case but I'm not hoping for anything. Right now, I'm going by the assumption that nothing has really changed for Kid. I'd hate to think that the power-up resulting from one of the stripes becoming whole was permanent and yet the stripe goes back down to normal and can power up further if that same stripe becomes whole again.

However, if something did change, then it's more than likely that only Kid can use the .42 guns. If either of the thompson sisters use each other, the results won't be quite as great because they're not benefitting from a technician's wavelength. After all, Liz and Patty are both weapons. I remember the comparison early on in the series made by Stein where the technician is the guitar player and the weapon is an amplifier. Two amplifiers aren't going to amplify each other when neither one is making a sound.
Old 2009-08-25, 11:16   Link #1290
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I don't think two weapons can resonate with each other so that will limit just how much power they can put out, along with the size of the guns. Right?
Old 2009-08-25, 15:49   Link #1291
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I don't think two weapons can resonate with each other so that will limit just how much power they can put out, along with the size of the guns. Right?
Well, there has to be some degree of compatibility between them. I mean, a lack of resonance would result in something along the same lines as what happened when Black*Star tried using Soul, or what happened between Soul and Maka on their first encounter with Free. But Liz can use Patty in her weapon form and vice versa.

So the question is this: Can weapons use other weapons as though they are technicians? I think the same condition of compatibility between a technician and a weapon still applies if a weapon were to use another. However, I always thought weapons were amplifiers for the technician's soul wavelengths. An amplifier by itself won't make any kind of noise. Liz being used by Patty, or the other way around, would be just as if a weapon turns part of his/her body into a blade or whatever else they become (like Soul can turn his arm into the scythe blade or Jackie's arm becoming a flamethrower). That's my take on it anyways.
Old 2009-08-25, 16:29   Link #1292
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Remember that Justin was able to become a Death Sycthe on his own so he was able to wield himself. So it may be the that meister is an extra boost to the weapon, more of a boost than the weapon or another weapon could provide.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 16:45   Link #1293
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
The way I see it, Technicians are transmiters of power and weapons are receivers of that power. The more harmonic their relationship is, the less per cent goes to waste because of noise or whatever. This can increase even more by resonating harmonically with others or gaining an external sourse of waves, like Kid did with Brew.

As for Justin, I think he cheated somehow. That is why he is part of a renegate group of supervillains. I think all of them can be both technician and weapon like him and the theme will be "We do it alone, we don't need the help of others". And if we assume Noah didn't care about making Mosquito an ally, they must all be uber strong. Stronger than him in his perfect form. So Maka is now up against an enemy at least 10 times the power of Mosquito back on the Brew battle.

By the way, where did Mifune's strong soul go to? And what happens to all the souls someone eats?
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 01:22   Link #1294
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Remember that Justin was able to become a Death Sycthe on his own so he was able to wield himself. So it may be the that meister is an extra boost to the weapon, more of a boost than the weapon or another weapon could provide.
It's definitely true that a weapon also benefits from a technician's wavelength. Justin is probably so powerful a weapon that he didn't need a technician. But as roriconfan said, it's also likely that he somehow cheated, considering he's now siding with Noah and the others. It's not as if he can weild himself. He is the weapon, cannot hold a weaponized form of himself because otherwise, there would be two of him instead of one.

I'm guessing all the members of Noah's group are roughly as strong as Mosquito from 400 years ago, like Gopher for example. Noah's disinterest in him was probably due to his utter devotion to Arachne.

As for Mifune, hopefully that will be explained soon. Tsubaki was, after all, the last person to have actually touched and spoken to him. There's a chance Tsubaki has his soul now but I'm highly doubting that. First off, I don't see Mifune as such a bad guy that would really would be in Shinigami's list. Secondly, I think Tsubaki herself would refuse to take his soul because she knew he wasn't evil in the first place. I guess we'll have to wait and see. There's a good chance someone will explain what happened to Mifune considering Angela's always asking about him.
Old 2009-08-26, 06:07   Link #1295
Orangejellosphere
That one guy

@All of the recent
On the status of Liz and Patti... I think it might have been a permanent change, but maybe not. It's not very clear whether or not Death the Kid underwent a permanent change or a temporary boost when he used BREW. Either way, it was pretty important to Shinigami-sama when it happened.
On weapons using weapons... I think the example with a guitar and an amplifier is a pretty adequate explanation. A combination between a weapon and a technician is way better than either by themselves. Justin was very talented in battle, and could pray (or something) to boost his soul wavelength (or something.)
On Noah and Mosquito, I think the reason Noah rejected Mosquito was simply because Noah was uninterested in collecting Mosquito. I'm certain Mosquito would have been a powerful ally but I don't need to tell anybody about Mosquito's dedication to Arachne. Doubtless, Noah's group is definitely a powerful force.
On Mifune's soul, I agree with Yoko Takeo. It has to be explained some time, since it was so important. I consider it possible that Mifune's soul didn't act the way most do after he died. Maybe it just sort of dissolved instead of staying together? I can't think of any speculation that I can really support at the moment.
Old 2009-08-26, 10:41   Link #1296
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Yes.. yes.. the best way is to relate it to instruments. The weapon is the amplifier and the technician is the guitar. It sounds backwards but it makes sense. Perhaps two weapons can resonate with each other to a certain degree so they can be used by each other or perhaps the fact that Liz & Patty are siblings is the explanation. I'm just going to take it is since there is no way to find out what the facts are.
Old 2009-08-26, 12:36   Link #1297
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Yes.. yes.. the best way is to relate it to instruments. The weapon is the amplifier and the technician is the guitar. It sounds backwards but it makes sense. Perhaps two weapons can resonate with each other to a certain degree so they can be used by each other or perhaps the fact that Liz & Patty are siblings is the explanation. I'm just going to take it is since there is no way to find out what the facts are.
Of course it's the best way. That's how it was done in the manga . If it was any weapon using any other weapon, I doubt there really would be much of a connection at all. Like I said earlier, it would be no different from a weapon fighting by itself. When a weapon does that, they can only transform a part of their body into a weapon. Like you said, the only reason there much be some kind of resonance between Liz and Patty is because they're sisters. But normally, I would say there's no benefit for a weapon using another weapon. Two amplifiers won't do anything if there's no sound to amplify.
Old 2009-08-26, 17:01   Link #1298
Orangejellosphere
That one guy

I forgot to mention earlier that Justin Law was 17 at the time of the 'Trial Run' arc (chapters 24-26.) I can imagine one of our main characters being his age.
This brings me to something I'm curious about. What exactly is graduation from Shibusen? I don't think it's age-based, and recent evidence shows that making a Death Scythe doesn't coincide with a graduation. What are your thoughts?
Old 2009-08-26, 18:27   Link #1299
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
It's either a plot hole or indeed it is about age. After you graduate, you are free to do anything you want. That means, no more classes and boring studing and you don't have teachers running after you everytime you are in danger. You choose if you want to be a shibusen agent on some continent or just mary, get a job and raise kids like a nobody. Remember that Marie wanted to mary right after graduation and retire.

People without much talent are usually low level employes and people with talent become death scythes and get high in the hierarchy.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 23:03   Link #1300
Sol Falling

About weapons wielding weapons:

Seems to me that, on the basis of everybody having souls, a soul is basically a 'wavelength'. What happens between a weapon and meister is their wavelengths 'resonating', thus amplifying their power.

Weapons themselves also have individual wavelengths. That is, all weapons can also act as technicians. The thing that differentiates weapon souls is their ability to transform, thus allowing them to be wielded (maybe; I guess maybe a weapon form also allows a weapon to physically manifest a soul wavelength?). Soul wavelength resonance just between normal souls (i.e. technicians) would be, I think, Team Resonance.

The things that would make a good technician might therefore be either a strong individual soul wavelength (i.e. Black Star) or strong ability to manipulate one's own wavelength so that it 'matches' (i.e. resonates) with a weapon's (i.e. Stein, Kidd, Maka?). Aside from that, though, probably any soul (including weapon souls, maybe even witch souls) can hypothetically wield a weapon, so long as their souls are close enough to actually resonate; Liz and Patty being sisters actually would probably account for that.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen