AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-09, 02:50   Link #121
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

kurenai loses out to kippei by a large margin. why?

kokoro-chin

so far none can match her charms in this series. but its quite unfair for both to compare them because this series has a darker tone, its just that the main characters are as complicated as them.

about the murasaki-kurenai relationship: (from the light novels so dont read if you really dont want to be spoiled(but i think its just hints, not giving out any vital info)

Spoiler for kurenai:
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 03:41   Link #122
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

"murasaki-kurenai" ... Just doesn't... Feel right Time skip or no time skip...

Yes, I base this solely on the whole age factor, which is a rather large gap... Otherwise, they would make an amusing couple.

Then again, as far as I could read from the manga, Ginko also has a 'strong' place', and not to mention Yuno...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 03:50   Link #123
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Murasaki via time skip would be the controversial choice. She is also rich and will prob be cuter than the current females he has access to when she gets older.

Like in Rental Magic do you choose from the 2 you have access to or wait for the kid to become more eligible age wise?
Old 2008-04-09, 03:58   Link #124
Westlo
Lets be reality

I have to say I'm partial to a

Spoiler:

pairing at the moment but that can easily change.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 03:59   Link #125
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Murasaki via time skip would be the controversial choice. She is also rich and will prob be cuter than the current females he has access to when she gets older.
Controversial indeed.

Quote:
Like in Rental Magic do you choose from the 2 you have access to or wait for the kid to become more eligible age wise?
Unlike in Rental Magic, Murasaki has a rival too...

... Of similar status, and I don't mean wealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I have to say I'm partial to a

Spoiler:

pairing at the moment but that can easily change.

A little bit of me goes to Yuno, and a little bit of me goes to Ginko

(Sigh, they both look better in the manga...)
Old 2008-04-09, 04:07   Link #126
Supah Em
*Scanlator

yea, the anime adaptations' graphics got a bit iffy first but then it grew to me...

oh, and for those who dont know their ages

murasaki - 7
shinkurou - 15
yuno - 19-20 (depending on the volume of the light novel)
ginko - about the same as shin but differs only by months

and yes, murasaki-shinkurou would probably be the favorite. an eight year gap isnt that large, its just that it looks kinda awkward when youre a 15 year old adolescent dating a 7 year old girl.

i never noticed that chaos2frozen's avvy is murasaki =)
Old 2008-04-09, 04:11   Link #127
Westlo
Lets be reality

I like the anime designs though I prefer Benika's manga look a lot more.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 04:18   Link #128
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahem View Post
yea, the anime adaptations' graphics got a bit iffy first but then it grew to me...
I guess... In time then...

Quote:
oh, and for those who dont know their ages

murasaki - 7
shinkurou - 15
yuno - 19-20 (depending on the volume of the light novel)
ginko - about the same as shin but differs only by months

Wait wait wait!!

In the manga, Yuno was only 1 year older than Shinkurou

Quote:
and yes, murasaki-shinkurou would probably be the favorite. an eight year gap isnt that large, its just that it looks kinda awkward when youre a 15 year old adolescent dating a 7 year old girl.
Even when she's... 'Legal', 16 and 24 is still eyebrow-raising

Quote:
i never noticed that chaos2frozen's avvy is murasaki =)
That's because it's not
Old 2008-04-09, 07:53   Link #129
wtflux

"Even when she's... 'Legal', 16 and 24 is still eyebrow-raising"

and when he's 58 and she's 50?

love transcends age boundaries!

but seriously, my mother is either in her late 40s or 50 and my father is 64 or so. i dont think anyone is going to hell for it(before you get alarmed, they met when my mother was well over 20).

not that i dont agree that it's a better idea for people below 18 to try to pair with people of a similar age, from a developmental perspective(both physically and mentally) and such.
wtflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 08:06   Link #130
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtflux View Post
"Even when she's... 'Legal', 16 and 24 is still eyebrow-raising"

and when he's 58 and she's 50?

love transcends age boundaries!

but seriously, my mother is either in her late 40s or 50 and my father is 64 or so. i dont think anyone is going to hell for it(before you get alarmed, they met when my mother was well over 20).

not that i dont agree that it's a better idea for people below 18 to try to pair with people of a similar age, from a developmental perspective(both physically and mentally) and such.

You can't compare our parent's time to our time, things change... Alot.

And regarding your example, if maybe they had met as 50/58, but you're talking about a young girl that he raised and takes care of. Practically his little sister/cousin.
Old 2008-04-09, 09:03   Link #131
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

^
That hasn't stopped other anime though, hehehehe. Dunno about the source of this one though, if they're bent on that angle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
If Kokoro is a similar aged girl to the main character who likes him while getting frustrated at the younger girl getting in her way... than yes an obvious answer is in episode 1 + OP. Of course things can change but manga chapter 4 seems to make it obvious as possible after 2 hinted at it. Anyway like Benika I'm looking forward to her character being shown more in the anime.
Actually, I'm talking about a girl who doesn't seem interested in the lead, always giving him the cold shoulder and whatnot, despite his obvious attraction to her. Of course, in time she's going to warm up to him (or I hope so). And yes, I'm talking about Ginko, hehehehe.

But really, considering the source is still ongoing AFAIK, then very little chance we're going to have a conclusive ending here. So I'm not getting my hopes up lol.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 10:04   Link #132
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
^
That hasn't stopped other anime though, hehehehe. Dunno about the source of this one though, if they're bent on that angle.
Well yeah, little-sisters-not-related-by-blood in general.

But in this case, really stress on the 'little' part
Old 2008-04-09, 10:39   Link #133
Lucipher

Quote:
kurenai loses out to kippei by a large margin. why?
Like i said tell now Kippei is was PIMP right now Kurenai aint a pimp its how it is. its not a fair evaluation right now cuz this show just started, but yeah tell Kurenai gets more development Keppei > Kurenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
"murasaki-kurenai" ... Just doesn't... Feel right Time skip or no time skip...

Yes, I base this solely on the whole age factor, which is a rather large gap... Otherwise, they would make an amusing couple.

Then again, as far as I could read from the manga, Ginko also has a 'strong' place', and not to mention Yuno...
Nothing is wrong with Daiting girls way younger then you as long as they are of league age. Hell i always do it at that on Nov 28 i will start daiting a new girl who is gona just turn 18 ^^(Btw im 24 right now gona be 25 by then). I met her when she was just 10 and got a huge crush on me so yeah nothing wrong with it.
Quote:

Its not controversial anymore its quite normal like my saying gose My wife is not even born yet ^^.
Lucipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 10:55   Link #134
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucipher View Post

Nothing is wrong with Daiting girls way younger then you as long as they are of league age. Hell i always do it at that on Nov 28 i will start daiting a new girl who is gona just turn 18 ^^(Btw im 24 right now gona be 25 by then). I met her when she was just 10 and got a huge crush on me so yeah nothing wrong with it.

Have you been raising her since then?
Old 2008-04-09, 11:02   Link #135
Lucipher

Quote:
Have you been raising her since then?
No but i been around her a lot for many years. I dont know how i would act towards a girl i raised. I already know i wouldnt date a No Blood related sister cuz yeah i got one and i just cant see her that way.
Lucipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 11:48   Link #136
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Well yeah, little-sisters-not-related-by-blood in general.

But in this case, really stress on the 'little' part
You never know that feelings may develop. Not to make him look bad or anything (like he has bee hounding her ever since for her to grow older), but real love. I doubt we would get to see that though but i won't be surprised if it does crop up.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 14:44   Link #137
Sparrow1770
Avian Member

I really haven't seen anything so far in the show that would indicate to me that Shinkuro is looking to start a relationship -- regardless of who the potential mate would be. Or that he would even be interested if the opportunity arose. Moreover, I kind of hope they don't try to wedge one into the storyline. Taking care of Murasaki is going to be trouble enough (and plenty enough to fill out the plot) so I really don't think it's necessary to go down that road.

Just my opinion, and admittedly, I'm kind of tired of romances, so I suppose others may disagree.
Sparrow1770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 17:12   Link #138
Dop
Mmmm....

The first episode piqued my interest. There's obviously a lot of background info. we've not been party to so far.

But contemplating a relationship between the lead characters is just... wrong. She's a little girl!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 18:14   Link #139
Supah Em
*Scanlator

Quote:
wait wait wait! in the manga, yuno was only a year older than shinkurou
im sorry, havent read the novel in ages but yuno was definitely older than shinkurou and that there was only an eight year gap between the two main protagonists (murasaki-shinkurou)

eight years as a gap isnt that big for me, unless if i was like.. 17 and the one im dating is 9 years old, but as you get older it kinda transcends age. heck my parents have a 13 year gap and no one really gets irked by it.
Old 2008-04-09, 18:25   Link #140
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Moreover, I kind of hope they don't try to wedge one into the storyline. Taking care of Murasaki is going to be trouble enough (and plenty enough to fill out the plot) so I really don't think it's necessary to go down that road.

Just my opinion, and admittedly, I'm kind of tired of romances, so I suppose others may disagree.
I don't disagree at all, I totally agree with you. I was kind of baffled to see so many posts about romances in anime in which thus far has been nothing in the way of romance, except maybe the relationship between Murasaki's mother and father which was not even shown really, more like told by other characters. We are very early into the new seaso but so far there seems to be some shortage of serious drama, I hope Kurenai sticks to that aspect.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, brains-base, characters, daily life, light novel adaptation, loli, shounen