AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-11, 01:05   Link #101
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

hmm just as i expected., not many people will like the 1st episode, yeah even on the manga the start is quite average. the only interesting point its just the breastfeed gimmick and the artwork.

But If the show still faithful to the manga storyline or at least the concept, maybe it will gain the interest from the audience on later or soon. I don't know, but the plot on the manga is very dark and kinda heavy if compared with the generic fantasy stuff on these days... So i'm hope this anime not turned out to be another mindless echii stuff and still hold up the heavy "religion war" plot till the end.
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 03:57   Link #102
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Stations shouldn't edit and censor a show if it's going to be disgustingly obvious every time an edit occurs.
1. Zoom to 200%.
2. Crop to match aspect ratio.
3. Apply Unsharp Mask at default setting.

Oh god, my eyes!
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 06:03   Link #103
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

well.... looks like they censored this anime since it is really different with the trailer.....
I hope this won't be a short anime (I hear that there will be only 12 episode...)
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 07:52   Link #104
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

What's the point in watching censored ecchi???

Seriously, at least use some shadows and remove the nipples or something...

I really like those shots of a shaking wall or painfully obvious crops and zooms...

At least Queen's Blade knew what it was selling and had the balls to stick to it...
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 07:53   Link #105
animeboy12

sigh..... Is it just me or does every ecchi have to deal with the typical "wow this sucks" or "wow that was horrible" comments for every 1st episode, seriously I'm starting to wonder if people just copy and paste from from other ecchi series. After all I don't know what everyone saw in the 1st episode but I didn't get any hints that this series is going to be crap(or great), most of this episode was purely introductory.

Whatever, as of now I can't really make solid opinion on this anime as of now so I'll have to watch episode 2 Either way good or bad I'm watching this series throughly due to the fact that my favorite character designer and animator are on this one so the story could either be a detractor or a bonus but how anyone could reach any conclusion about the story with this episode is a little ludicrous IMO.

As for the breast milk, meh, is it really that big of a deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
well.... looks like they censored this anime since it is really different with the trailer.....
I hope this won't be a short anime (I hear that there will be only 12 episode...)
well it's closely following the manga which is unfinish so personally I can smell a second season from a mile away
animeboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 08:01   Link #106
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeboy12 View Post
sigh..... Is it just me or does every ecchi have to deal with the typical "wow this sucks" or "wow that was horrible" comments for every 1st episode, seriously I'm starting to wonder if people just copy and paste from from other ecchi series.
I have nothing against ecchi... but what's the point in watching censored ecchi?

It's like eating "tofu-rkey" or low fat ice cream...
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 08:13   Link #107
animeboy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
I have nothing against ecchi... but what's the point in watching censored ecchi?

It's like eating "tofu-rkey" or low fat ice cream...
oh I have no problem with this types of comments, this show definently to be reamed in for the god-awefuly censored but I'm talking about the quaity of the show in general. Personally I will be waiting for the uncensored broadcast though
animeboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 11:55   Link #108
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Wow , i liked the first episode XD
Yeah , the censorships was a bit too much ...
But great fights scenes , good action . Well , good fanservice too .
Sasha remind me Allen Walker , it's hilarious , Allen Walker who sucked breasts XD
The priest remind me Ravi too lol
The ED is great yeah love it ! I'll keep with this one (along with Durarara and Dance in the vampire bund the others wait ep 2 )

PS : Ecchi doesn't do an anime good .
Quality , story is first . For people who complains cuz they don't get their ecchi's drugs .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 13:53   Link #109
sintaki

what the fuck did i just watch? lol
sintaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 14:32   Link #110
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sintaki View Post
what the fuck did i just watch? lol
I share the same opinion
AkatsukisApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 14:53   Link #111
attobyte

This one seems to be a serie that waiting for a full DVD/BD uncensored bacth is much recomended.
Well, after Spice and Wolf s2, Nyan Koi and Nogizaka Haruka no himitsu s1 & s2 I'm already getting used to batch waiting.
attobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 15:34   Link #112
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
...At least Queen's Blade knew what it was selling and had the balls to stick to it....
Anything that makes this different from QB is good, in my opinion. There is some panty-shot fanservice to keep things going until the uncensored version appears, hopefully in two weeks' time. If the TV channels feel they have to censor this, so be it. They have already put it on as late as I can ever remember a show being: 3:30 am.

I actually have hopes that the characters, relationships, story, setting, voices, and animation will be good reasons to watch the show, and the fanservice just a nice addition.

One image I liked was the silent scream, which I think was featured twice.

I'm actually not clear why people are so down on this show. I guess I don't watch violent mystery shows that much, so perhaps I don't know what to look for, but I'm enjoying the various characters and relationships. Sure, they are versions of memes, but not many anime characters aren't. But 11eyes, for example, seemed pretty sketchy from the start, and Kampfer too, whereas this seems to me to have something to it, at least so far.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 15:36   Link #113
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
At least Queen's Blade knew what it was selling and had the balls to stick to it...
That also aired on AT-X. Different channels have different broadcast standards.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 16:16   Link #114
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I don't mind censoring, though not the type that shows a complete different scene. Talk about destroying the mood completely.

I'll probably have to marathon the none censored version at a later date if it keeps up like this, though will give it a few more episodes to decide.
Old 2010-01-11, 17:05   Link #115
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

I'm actually not clear why people are so down on this show.
1. Some people just don't know what this show offer before they watch its, so when they know about "breastfeed" or heavy censored scene, they throw the "WTF THIS SHIT !!!???" and etc. Seriously before read the manga i'm already know about the "feature" and its surprise for me after several chapter the echii stuff is not even on the other CHAMPION REDS manga level, but yeah the gore is still there.

2. The fighting scene is very horrible adapted from the studio. Where the manga Sasha "Blazing Slash" ???
They made Sasha like poor copies of Allen Walker on the 1st episode, but on the reality Sasha can't be compared with Allen and its one of the studio fault Sasha can't make impression about that. Its quite a shame the studios fail make the audience distracted from the censored scene with the fighting.

Well i will still watch the MBS airing, because i really don't care about the echii stuff (personally i'm think the mangaka really desperate to find the magazine for publish the manga, so he "add" some stuff and comes to REDS)
But will drop its if no improvement on the fighting, only watch this for proper Sasha badass action actually.
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 17:38   Link #116
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

This show was supposed to have aired on at least 1 other channel today, has anyone heard anything about it?
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 17:49   Link #117
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramojones View Post
This show was supposed to have aired on at least 1 other channel today, has anyone heard anything about it?
Yeah, saw some pictures over on 2chan and so far it's uncut.
Old 2010-01-11, 19:17   Link #118
Fryman
Next we save the Princess

I think The Tokyo MX airing is less censored but I've not seen a raw of it yet.

Last edited by Fryman; 2010-01-12 at 01:34.
Fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 19:18   Link #119
Jerseykid

I don't have a problem with them censoring the anime I do have a problem with them showing nothing so you can't even understand what's going on.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 19:38   Link #120
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Even knowing something of the source material, I couldn't help but be amused at the sheer balls-to-the-wall outlandishness of that. The first ep was a complete train wreck, but so unapologetically so that I somehow admired the audacity of it. I will continue to watch out of grisly curiosity.

On the topic of censorship, well - I must confess, if you're going to make an anime adaptation of a manga whose central conceit is a 13 year-old shota suckling virgin breasts to gain superpowers, it does seem rather silly to censor it. Most especially if it's going to air at 330 in the morning. I mean, honestly, what's the point? It'd be like Letter Bee with the crying censored out.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, ecchi, harem, romance, shonen, shounen, supernatural