AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-28, 10:43   Link #61
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

The thing is, tho, that what Makoto and Kotonoha were suggesting, as regards the hospital, was more along the lines of terminating the pregnancy, not caring for it, wasn't it?

Old 2010-07-29, 14:33   Link #62
Kiritsugane
Inquisitor

I feel bad for everyone except Makoto.

Kotonoha was... rather disturbed, yes. I don't think she would have harmed anyone if she simply never met Makoto.

As for Sekai... it's the same of above. But instead of harm I think she would have continued being a rather kindhearted person. Not a very happy ending but, in all honesty, that was the point of the chosen ending.

If you try to catch two hares, you catch neither. And maybe one is liable to eviscerate the other hare, come to you, decapitate you, and bring it out to sea. Imagine that.
Old 2010-07-29, 15:24   Link #63
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

How very Watership Down of you...

Old 2010-07-29, 16:59   Link #64
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
The thing is, tho, that what Makoto and Kotonoha were suggesting, as regards the hospital, was more along the lines of terminating the pregnancy, not caring for it, wasn't it?
Perhaps maybe Kotono, but not Makoto. He said, just before Sekai went into the kitchen, that "Maybe she has the wrong idea". While it may be interpreted in at least 2 ways, I took it to mean that he didn't want to her to have an abortion. That coupled with him putting his hand on her stomach and flashbacks, gave me that impression.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiritsugane View Post
If you try to catch two hares, you catch neither. And maybe one is liable to eviscerate the other hare, come to you, decapitate you, and bring it out to sea. Imagine that.
Lol good one .
Old 2010-08-01, 06:32   Link #65
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Quote:
I don't think Kotonoha was that insane to want to kill an unborn child.

After Makoto died, she didn't care either way.

Makoto isn't that gutter deep to not care about a women he got pregnant either, as quoted before, he talks about how she may have 'The wrong idea.'

- Lashloseus
Old 2010-08-01, 08:27   Link #66
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

The "wrong idea" might have been about his being in her house and all - the possibility of wanting to get back together or some such. In Kotonoha's house, the tone was distinctively about the termination of the pregnancy, not about caring for the baby.

Old 2010-08-01, 08:44   Link #67
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Quote:
The "wrong idea" might have been about his being in her house and all - the possibility of wanting to get back together or some such. In Kotonoha's house, the tone was distinctively about the termination of the pregnancy, not about caring for the baby.
Really?

Hmm, I should rewatch the anime sometime.

That wrong idea can be taken as a double meaning, either that she's mistaken about pregnancy, or about what you said, the possibility of them getting back together.

I think its about the pregnancy because Sekai isn't that thick headed to not see what was going on between Katsura and Makoto.

- Lashloseus
Old 2010-08-01, 10:29   Link #68
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

But Makoto seems oblivious enough - or simply doesn't care about it - to think something like that.

Closed Thread