AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-02-03, 01:10   Link #1221
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

So a Lieblich executive must be stroking his his right now, thinking, "Good, everything is right on schedule."

Then he puts on his labcoat to check on his subordinates' test subjects.
Polarem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 23:13   Link #1222
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

New news, guys.

The game is now getting an Xbox 360 remake.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1420/ever17.jpg

I've confirmed the source elsewhere.

So far, the additions for this version are:

-A redesign of the underwater theme park LeMU.

-Every character's conversation scene are represented using 3D models, which move.

-New additions to the event CGs, and Tsugumi clothing gets redesigned (in Kid's route).

-Additions to the ending.

I have mixed thoughts about all of this (especially about Tsugumi's new outfit), but in the end, my love for this game will lead me to buy this new version as well. Damn me and my love for this game!

Thoughts? My only other problem is the accursed five syllables: X-box-3-6-0.

Last edited by GundamAce; 2011-02-15 at 23:23.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 00:51   Link #1223
Kaos!

Well, if you look at the top left corner... 5pb. Their biasness for Xbox360 is pretty much there. Though if you look at their history, their games will get ported to PC, PSP and Iphone when the time comes, so you can just hold on until they announce the PC version.

Edit:

On a second note, isn't Tsugumi's clothing being the same on both routes one of the reason everyone was fooled? Not sure if I support this change...
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 00:54   Link #1224
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Yeah, I know it was by 5pb. Still, I'm not 100% this will get re-re-remade (yes, the game has that many versions of remakes) on the PC. I would love it if they did, though. I would certainly like to translate the new material.
Old 2011-02-16, 01:01   Link #1225
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post
Well, if you look at the top left corner... 5pb. Their biasness for Xbox360 is pretty much there. Though if you look at their history, their games will get ported to PC, PSP and Iphone when the time comes, so you can just hold on until they announce the PC version.

Edit:

On a second note, isn't Tsugumi's clothing being the same on both routes one of the reason everyone was fooled? Not sure if I support this change...
I'm pretty sure that 99% of the people who will be playing this version will be people who have played previous versions. I'm sure that, like me, most of them will be there for the new changes.
Old 2011-02-16, 01:15   Link #1226
Kaos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Yeah, I know it was by 5pb. Still, I'm not 100% this will get re-re-remade (yes, the game has that many versions of remakes) on the PC. I would love it if they did, though. I would certainly like to translate the new material.
Actually on second thought, since Infinity series is still owned by Cyberfront, it isn't really a confirmed that it will be ported to the PC. But as their game history goes, Memories Off 7 and Chaos;Head + Steins ; Gate all got ported to PC, so Ever17 remade for PC is more or less there.

Is there any mention who will be writing the additions to the ending? Hope they get either Nakazawa or Uchikoshi to write it. Even if 5pb can't get them to write, at the minimum get one of their ex-KID staff who worked on E17(since 5pb was formed from ex-KID staff) to write.
Old 2011-02-16, 01:18   Link #1227
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Actually on second thought, since Infinity series is still owned by Cyberfront, it isn't really a confirmed that it will be ported to the PC. But as their game history goes, Memories Off 7 and Chaos;Head + Steins ; Gate all got ported to PC, so Ever17 remade for PC is more or less there.

Is there any mention who will be writing the additions to the ending? Hope they get either Nakazawa or Uchikoshi to write it. Even if 5pb can't get them to write, at the minimum get one of their ex-KID staff who worked on E17(since 5pb was formed from ex-KID staff) to write.
We can always find out in the credits when it comes out. Nakazawa was involved in the PSP versions of the Infinity series, after all (he wrote a new TIPS system for Never7 and Ever17, and tweaked some of the TIPS from Remember11), and I think Uchikoshi wrote a little bit of new text for 12Riven. If one of them writes it, I think it'll be Nakazawa due to this past, though I think Uchikoshi did more of the scenario planning for Ever17, so who knows.

I really wish I knew who's brainchild was which in this series. I know R11 was Nakazawa's, while E17 and N7 had a bit more of Uchikoshi in it, but in the PSP booklets, all of the interviews are with Nakazawa.
Old 2011-02-16, 01:21   Link #1228
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

I hope the "additions to the ending" will be good quality. I'm most curious as to what kind of redesign LeMU will receive... CG/map display redesign? Layout redesign???

I also agree that new clothes will weaken the mystery, but it might be "safe"...
Spoiler for Tsugumi's clothes:
Old 2011-02-16, 01:24   Link #1229
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarem View Post
I hope the "additions to the ending" will be good quality. I'm most curious as to what kind of redesign LeMU will receive... CG/map display redesign? Layout redesign???

I also agree that new clothes will weaken the mystery, but it might be "safe"...
Spoiler for Tsugumi's clothes:
Yeah, I'm curious what the ending additions will be. New endings? Drama CDs becoming playable? Or more details, perhaps?

I would actually like to see a You route for Takeshi.

LeMU is receiving room redesign. If you look closely at the upper-right hand corner of the scan, it shows comparisons between the old and new versions of LeMU.

The characters all look a bit different now, but that's because the artist has changed her drawing style a bit (this is especially clear when you compare Ever17 to 12Riven, since they had the same character designer).

One thing I would actually like to see in some new version of Ever17 is:

Spoiler for End-game Ever17 spoilers:
Old 2011-02-16, 01:35   Link #1230
Kaos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
We can always find out in the credits when it comes out. Nakazawa was involved in the PSP versions of the Infinity series, after all (he wrote a new TIPS system for Never7 and Ever17, and tweaked some of the TIPS from Remember11), and I think Uchikoshi wrote a little bit of new text for 12Riven. If one of them writes it, I think it'll be Nakazawa due to this past, though I think Uchikoshi did more of the scenario planning for Ever17, so who knows.

I really wish I knew who's brainchild was which in this series. I know R11 was Nakazawa's, while E17 and N7 had a bit more of Uchikoshi in it, but in the PSP booklets, all of the interviews are with Nakazawa.

IMO, looking at the concept planner on jp wiki/credits in ED should be enough to say which is whose brainchild.
Old 2011-02-16, 01:38   Link #1231
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
IMO, looking at the concept planner on jp wiki/credits in ED should be enough to say which is whose brainchild.
Well, Uchikoshi was the scenario planner in N7 and E17, while Nakazawa was the one for R11. However, I think that Nakazawa did have a lot of influence as both a scenario writer and director, because when Uchikoshi was on his own in 12Riven and 999, it always felt like to me that something was missing (in both of those games, Uchikoshi was the sole writer, whereas Nakazawa worked with several scenario writers in I/O and has passed down writing duties to Tsukishima for Root Double).

As I stated in my 12Riven review on GameFAQs, I think the difference between Nakazawa and Uchikoshi lies in their power to tell lectures on plot elements- Nakazawa's exposition always feels like it's natural and part of the story to me, while Uchikoshi's feel a bit forced and hamfisted, since they don't usually come into play until much later, whereas Nakazawa's explaining what's happening right now.
Old 2011-02-16, 01:50   Link #1232
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

You know what'd also be nice in this version? Full voice-acting for Takeshi and Kid on their routes. There's no real reason to hide what their voices sound like, after all, and if they're doing new ending stuff, they're presumably calling the seiyus back in for new lines, right? Soichiro Hoshi's done this for the upgraded version of Higurashi Matsuri and the all-ages version of Muv-Luv Alternative, so it wouldn't be his first time.
Old 2011-02-16, 02:14   Link #1233
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

I'm all for more details. An insight into Coco's backstory would be great. New endings and drama CD routes would be fabulous too, but I'm not putting too much hope in those.
Spoiler for E17's premise:

In any case, the discussion above makes me realize that there's a lot about the series that I haven't seen/read yet! (particularly interviews)

Is the new room design the orange one? Looks somewhat foreboding!
Old 2011-02-16, 10:19   Link #1234
ramengud

Wow. A remake. Hopefully it will be ported to the PC. If it is , I will definitely getting this. All hail Ever 17.
ramengud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 13:05   Link #1235
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Here's some pages from Famitsu.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201102/17040429.html

The new LeMU and redrawn/HD CGs look great. As for the 3D...well, I'm not sure yet. Maybe I'll get a better feel for it with a few new screenshots.
Old 2011-02-16, 13:17   Link #1236
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Oh, and judging by what Nakazawa's Twitter account says, he is at least aware of this, but I'm not sure if he's actually involved with it at all.
Old 2011-02-16, 13:17   Link #1237
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I must say that I see absolutely no difference with Tsugumi, Sora and Yuu's CG, and after a close inspection with the original one, it is a bit silly that they made a fake widescreen ratio by simply cropping the height of the CG.
That said, they definitely redesigned LeMU (be it the cg or the BG), in a good way.

As for the 3D, it is probably something similar to White Album and Hyperdimension game Neptune.

That said...
Spoiler for Coco's route, end spoiler:
Old 2011-02-16, 13:20   Link #1238
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I must say that I see absolutely no difference with Tsugumi, Sora, Yuu and Sara's CG, and after a close inspection with the original one, it is a bit silly that they made a fake widescreen ratio by simply cropping the height of the CG.
That said, they definitely redesigned LeMU (be it the cg or the BG), in a good way.

As for the 3D, it is probably something similar to White Album and Hyperdimension game Neptune.

That said...
Spoiler for Coco's route, end spoiler:
Spoiler for Coco's Route end spoiler:

Also, there will apparently be new details on March 3rd.
Old 2011-02-16, 13:40   Link #1239
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

BTW, I wonder what they're going to do about the OP. They'll probably use a new one (I'm guessing they'll redo the 3D model of LeMU), but I wonder about the song. Will it be the original OP, the PSP OP, or a completely new OP?
Old 2011-02-16, 13:58   Link #1240
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

hopefully, not something similar to the PSP one, considering how unfit it is...

Tags
visual novel