Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-02, 10:04   Link #1
Renesis-C
Senior Member...?

Looking for Good Series to start 06

Since the new year has come in, and my favourite (currently watching) show Suzuka is about to end, was wondering if there is any good comedy anime out there to start 06' with.
Though I'd prefer comedy/feel good + action/romance/drama/school life/sport (basically anything besides genre's that'd start the new year on a bad note e.g bloody anime).

Just to kind of narrow down the list of anime, here is a list of one's I've already watched and the reasons i Liked this show so much:

Azumanga Daioh: Just good to watch because it doesn't require a great amount of concentration (so i can watch it regardless of how i am at the time) and it did have it's moments of Laugh Out Loud humour

Chrno Crusade: Not exactly a comedy anime, but it did have it's funny moments. What I liked about this anime was that It did tell a good story and it wasn't brought down by a mediocre ending.

DNangel: I really liked this series, I thought it'd be one of my all time fav's till episode 25 or 26, where the ending kind of left me real dissapointed

Fruits Basket: Definitely one of my all time fav's, Feel good/funny (in some parts). This anime is basically what i'm looking for (if i hadn't watched it already)

Full Metal Alchemist: Basically, this anime lived up to all the hype (IMO)

Full Metal Panic (1 and 2): Again a series that lived up to all the hype (very funny too)

GTO: This series took a few episodes to get into, but in the end i really liked it. None of the characters were too outrageous, so it made the show bareable from the start and it just got better over the 50 or so eps

Gundam (Wing and Seed): Both good series except they didn't quite live up to the hype and aren't what i'm looking for atm

Happy Lesson (and Advance): both were good, except the characters were to outrageous and were borderline annoying...

His and Her Circumstances: I really liked this series (despite it's questionable animation). It had it's quirks and the plot was pretty good. It's not as good as fruits basket though

NAruto: Really really really liked this show till about episode 110-ish, where it just lost me... there wasn't enough interest for me to continue watching

Onegai Teacher (and Twins): Really enjoyed the first series but not so much the second one (too many ecchi jokes) I think Friends is going to be more like twins (which is kind of sad).

Prince Of Tennis: Love this show, Characters are funny and they act their age (unlike alot of other series), good comedy and I can't stop watching this show

Samurai CHamploo: This is one of my favourite series because it ends at the right amount of episodes (Onegai Teacher I thought was too short, Naruto is too long) and it was just well presented (plot, characters, Style)

School Rumble: Like Azumanga Daioh, this is one I could watch at anytime and I still enjoyed it. Liked it more than azu because the characters did grow up (a bit at least) but wished it went longer.

Stellvia: Overrated IMO, it was good, but it was more like a "filler" series in between great anime series. The character drawings were awkward at many times and the story seemed kind of pointless (towards the end the characters became annoying)

Suzuka: Favourite anime atm. Period.

Other series i watched and only liked (nothing special):

- Mai Hime
- FLCL
- Witch Hunter Robin
- Kanon

THanks

Last edited by Renesis-C; 2006-01-02 at 10:20.
Old 2006-01-02, 10:10   Link #2
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Before Suzuka, the romance I liked the most was on:

Aishiteruze Baby : which is a comedy/drama romance, "feel good" type. Still unlicensed.

Then I suggest:

Midori no Hibi : is always one of my preferred hints when it comes to "feel good - romance" . Original plot , bit of ecchiness. But the show deserves.

Honey & Clover: one of the best anime of 2005, will entertain you with its amazing pace.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2006-01-02 at 14:28.
Old 2006-01-02, 12:05   Link #3
mit7059

hmmm maybe Hikaru no Go, if you like Prince of Tennis, or Shuffle! if you like romance/comedy but Shuffle! ends up kinda serious and you're looking for lighthearted. If you liked Full Metal Panic you should watch Full Metal Panic FUMOFFU, its basicly all comedy. I would suggest you watch naruto through like 130, youre missing the best fight sequence in the series, but Ive stoped watching too, damn filler episodes. Judging by your avitar you like cars, then definatly watch Initial D, the animation in the first season leaves something to be desired but it is a great show nonetheless.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
Old 2006-01-02, 14:17   Link #4
jedinat

Haibane Renmei - awesome drama
Ranma 1/2 - gender bending fun, first 3 seasons are the best
Twin Spica - relaxing feel good type
Full Moon wo Sagashite - one of my favs
Closed Thread