AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 29 14.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 20.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 18.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 38 18.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 5.39%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 11 5.39%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 3.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 11.76%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-25, 06:16   Link #61
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I actually thought it was quite good. It could use an extra 10-15 minutes at least, but I've never been big on DtB trying to justify or explain its lore. A lot of stuff did come out of nowhere though, even if it somewhat fits with the whole Gate abnormality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Spoiler for Stuff:
Hei
Spoiler:
just before Misaki saw him being the pedo he is.

Spoiler:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2009-12-25, 07:09   Link #62
davie

So... Hei never got his power back?
Old 2009-12-25, 10:18   Link #63
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by davie View Post
So... Hei never got his power back?
Spoiler for Episode 12:
Old 2009-12-25, 14:16   Link #64
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Waiting for subs...

But there was a Hei spread with Suou and Tanya, Nika and the other 2 Russian friends in a class setting in the general thread. Maybe this is a hint as to where Hei went.
Old 2009-12-25, 14:17   Link #65
Iwa Ite
Day by Day

Now that's some ending ^^ I like it a lot. I would just like to know more...what happened to Hei and Yin. That's all I would like to know.

But hmh... =] BONES did great job. I believe that they are alive ( in some way ) .
Old 2009-12-25, 15:22   Link #66
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
After watching the episode again, my opinion change a little.
Im not shoked anymore, now i am very very sad... its over.
As i have said before, it was a BONES ending, very Eureka, very Scrapped Princess, even very Full Metal Alchemist 1. I never think that this kind of endig would fix in Darker than Black, but they made it.
We would never have all the answers because, in real life we dont have all the answers, we can just have an interpretation.
The only thing that botters me its that everything happened because Shion wants to have his sister back.....
And about Yin and Hei... i think Hei is dead, BK-201 keeps shinning in the sky, but i think that he exchange his life (or give it along with Yin`s life) to keep the world as it is with BK-201 shinning. I dont know... i prefer to think that and dont think that he is in some kind of limbo walking carring Yin`s body forever...
Old 2009-12-25, 16:16   Link #67
Iwa Ite
Day by Day

Now just to see the OVA's =3 Gonna be great ^^
Old 2009-12-25, 17:24   Link #68
Rima-Chan
lurker

Maaan >_< i wanna subs!! At begining i was also "WTF Dx" but i kinda like the ending a lot :3. It could be worse xD
Old 2009-12-25, 18:17   Link #69
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC3alpha View Post
add rahxephon to the list too... i haven't watch the episode but the ending is all too similar from what i've been reading in this thread
hm...I went wtf at the Raxhephon ending too...until I saw the movie and read a couple of interviews, which changed the way I saw it. But what they want viewers to get from this ending should be different...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
This is one of the time where I wish my JPL proficiency level was higher. Level 4 doesn't cut it when it comes to complex terminologies.
Believe me, Lvl 2 doesn't cut it either. Unless you actually read information and interviews beforehand (which I haven't).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanehei View Post
As i have said before, it was a BONES ending, very Eureka, very Scrapped Princess, even very Full Metal Alchemist 1.
The endings for Scrapped Princess and Eureka (7?) are a lot easier to understand though!

I'm also a big happier with this ending now that I've had time to think about it. And it really does seem like they're making DTB a franchise...

Spoiler for ...episode and speculation...:

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But there was a Hei spread with Suou and Tanya, Nika and the other 2 Russian friends in a class setting in the general thread. Maybe this is a hint as to where Hei went.
But Bones has been pretty consistent about hair colour and whatnot.
Spoiler for ending:

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2009-12-25, 18:39   Link #70
Thoguht

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Spoiler for ...episode and speculation...:
And that's exactly the bit I'm finding it hardest to accept. I invested so much in her character, only to find that's she's basically just filler. The last time I felt like this was several years ago exactly to the day, when I read the last volume of the Nausicaa manga that my ex had bought me for Christmas and found that
Spoiler:
Old 2009-12-25, 18:42   Link #71
Chidori<3
Hei x Yin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rima-Chan View Post
Maaan >_< i wanna subs!! At begining i was also "WTF Dx" but i kinda like the ending a lot :3. It could be worse xD
meh... maybe u're right... but this one is hopeless too But at least I can do my own interpretation At least we don't know clearly, that Hei and Yin died or not. For me they are still alive, it is really weird, I mean, when she was telling Hei that it's not to late to kill her, it was her ghost or smth ? For sure she was wearing that weird costume. And than, we can see, when Hei is touching her, she is nagged and that's definitely a body. I don't know, I think that Hei somehow putted her spirit (that white one, not a copy) inside the body. B/c I don't think he would smile just before killing someone important to him... x_X Or maybe Yin wanted to get killed by him o_O No,no,no,no that would be too stupid. I don't think he is dead, and I don't think he and Yin are in spiritual form, or something that kind.

and there is something that I don't understand the most... Izanami and Izanagi have met, and what ? where is that big cataclysm ? why the hell (I mean I know why, but for what?! the hell ?!) the new Earth was created ? what is that little vampiristic, kinda Yin/Shion thing in suit, in that black box ??! x_X Was that really that "child of Yin" ?

That wasn't unexplained... cause there was nothing to explain, all season was focusing on Suous feelings and emotions, there was no real plot and action . they've added smth in background, just to add some different staff, and they've leave it, just like that they weren't developing that part... and that was the biggest mistake, that anime really had the potential, but now I really can say that they really wasted it...
Old 2009-12-25, 19:10   Link #72
Kunagisa

I suggest people wait for the sub, which would explain a lot of things. I felt almost everything is explained the last episode or in episode 11. This is one of the few episodes I think if you watch the raw first and not completely understanding it, you would end up disliking it =(.
Old 2009-12-25, 19:33   Link #73
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoguht View Post
And that's exactly the bit I'm finding it hardest to accept. I invested so much in her character, only to find that's she's basically just filler.
"just filler"? You don't think she wasn't important for the development that Hei got in this series? Or for what we actually did find out?

To put it another way...how many people you meet are people that you know for the rest of your life? Do you consider them 'filler' after they leave your life?

I am waiting for the sub before I comment more...but like Rahxephon, I feel that's still not going to be enough...

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2009-12-25, 20:22   Link #74
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Oh wow, I don't think I can hate this ending anymore than I do. After all that Suou gets sent to another world? WHAT THE FUCK? I honestly feel cheated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I suggest people wait for the sub, which would explain a lot of things. I felt almost everything is explained the last episode or in episode 11. This is one of the few episodes I think if you watch the raw first and not completely understanding it, you would end up disliking it =(.
I understand all of it but I still don't like it. I mean seriously, Suou to the other earth? Ugh!
Old 2009-12-25, 21:52   Link #75
James Lame
ahaha.wav

Urgh, i just watched the subs and... wow just wow.

It was like they forgot who the main character was, don't get me wrong i like Suou but I don't like they way she hogged the screen time especially in the last episode. What about Hei, Yin & Misaki, you know the major guys from Season 1? Yeah, I'd like to see a wrap up on those guys. I thought that Season 1 had some loose ends going on (more info on the gate's, please?) and was expecting Season 2 to clear a few things up and develop the existing characters even further and they did do that to some extent but hardly enough to justify a 2nd season.

I guess what really agitates me is that i was waiting for the big climax of the 2nd season to be the confrontation between Hei and Yin but all we got was a short -"Hey there, I'd like to die now" -"Ok". I mean weren't they supposed to have feelings for each other? What about the deaths of Suou & July, I'd expect Hei to question that at least. And now they are hinting of a possible third season? Christ...
Old 2009-12-25, 22:06   Link #76
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

er...the subtitle of this season is "Ryuusei no Gemini" you know...

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2009-12-25, 22:07   Link #77
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

The ending does seem kinda similar to RahXephoN, at least for Suou. I could have sworn I would be seeing Hei as Suou's school teacher when she was entering the classroom, turns out I was wrong though.

It was an enjoyable series and one of the best this year, the ending wasn't so bad the first half, but the whole another world issue was a big downer. Instead of getting answers, more questions were addressed. Maybe I'll give a better opinion once I see the subs myself.
Old 2009-12-25, 22:14   Link #78
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
Season 2 never happened for me and i will keep Darker than Black in good memories.
I'm with this guy. Season 2 never happened.

Bleh! In my opinion, season 2 really is filler. For one, I hated Suou as a character, hated the idea of changing her into a contractor with one of the stupidest abilities I've ever seen. Mao should've stayed a cat or stayed dead. Honestly, I didn't feel Mao's importance to the series other than comic relief. Finally, while Hei did develop as a character throughout the season, it was only because he was antagonizing over his loss of Yin. Other than that, his mindset at the end of season 2 is what I would've expected at the end of season 1. Oh yeah, I also thought Hei losing his powers was kind of stupid.

Anyway, that's just my 2-cents on season 2. Anybody who liked Season 2 should be shot and killed.

Overall, I didn't like season 2, but my friend did. Maybe I just missed its charm.
Old 2009-12-25, 22:25   Link #79
James Lame
ahaha.wav

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
er...the subtitle of this season is "Ryuusei no Gemini" you know...
Which would mean?
Old 2009-12-25, 22:26   Link #80
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Oh wow, I don't think I can hate this ending anymore than I do. After all that Suou gets sent to another world? WHAT THE FUCK? I honestly feel cheated.

I understand all of it but I still don't like it. I mean seriously, Suou to the other earth? Ugh!
What's wrong with it? It's the point of the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lame View Post
Which would mean?
Which means it should be focused on Suou/Shion. If this focuses a ton on Hei, it will be like Kira in Gundam Seed Destiny (not to that extent but you get the point). Season 2 wrapped up a ton more nicely than Season 1 did in my opinion (at least most of the things related to Season 2 is explained at least for me).
Closed Thread