AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2006-02-07, 17:28   Link #1
Kaiko

xxxHolic and Tsubasa Chronicles: The Movie

Hello, I've enjoyed Tsubasa Chronicles and am wondering if the movie is actually a part of the storyline. If it isn't I don't wanna waste getting it, but if it contributes than it would be worth checking out.
Kaiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 21:07   Link #2
deathbygirl

The xxxHOLiC movie was quite the show. The artwork was extremely stylish (which I enjoyed thoroughly; some of the scenes were amazing, and the ambience was appropriate throughout the duration of the film), and the musical score throughout the movie was produced very well.

I can't really convey how well this feature film was done very well, but it's definitely worth a watch for CLAMP and non-CLAMP fans alike.
deathbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 23:17   Link #3
jpwong

I don't believe the movie is part of the plot line at all, though I suppose if you really want, you can insert it anywhere in Tsubasa Chronicle where a joining episode didn't occur. IIRC it's not even done by the people who are doing the anime series.
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 23:38   Link #4
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

This is something the anime people came up with. In the movie they had yuko meet up with someone that she has never meet in the manga. And there is a damn good reason for that.
Old 2006-03-05, 00:50   Link #5
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong
I don't believe the movie is part of the plot line at all, though I suppose if you really want, you can insert it anywhere in Tsubasa Chronicle where a joining episode didn't occur. IIRC it's not even done by the people who are doing the anime series.
Actually, Production I.G. is handling the xxxHOLIC tv. And yes, they are completely unrelated to either TV series. Also the whole interlinking story thing was stupid. "Oh, let's put 1 minute of common material between the movies which really arent linked at all."
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 03:59   Link #6
Tiberium Wolf

Actually I didn't quite like the drawings in this movie. Kinda bad compared to the manga.
Old 2006-03-06, 03:43   Link #7
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf
Actually I didn't quite like the drawings in this movie. Kinda bad compared to the manga.
Did you mean xxxHolic? Yes, I agree with you on that note. I liked the designs for Tsubasa movie though. The xxxHolic movie was interesting, I loved the CG scenes for the mansion's rooms. And the surprising thing is, they tied the series' title to the movie's plot which is something I haven't yet seen done in the manga yet.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 08:32   Link #8
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I haven't watched the movie yet, but I'm pretty sure that I'll like it. t3h h0tn3ss ...

Last edited by physics223; 2006-03-06 at 08:47.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 10:33   Link #9
Eeknay
Gendo died for your sins.
*Fansubber

Very nice movie. I was a bit hesitant to watch it due to relations with Tsubasa, but when I did watch it I really enjoyed it. Great animation, plot, and the humour didn't annoy me (and in some parts were even... funny?!). I will be buying this when it gets an R1 release.
Eeknay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 11:16   Link #10
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
Did you mean xxxHolic? Yes, I agree with you on that note. I liked the designs for Tsubasa movie though. The xxxHolic movie was interesting, I loved the CG scenes for the mansion's rooms. And the surprising thing is, they tied the series' title to the movie's plot which is something I haven't yet seen done in the manga yet.

Yeap. The char designs were soooo bad.
Old 2006-03-06, 12:24   Link #11
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Given the rather freaky, and disjointed atmosphere of xxxHolic, I thought the character designs were very appropriate. And it also gave Production I.G. some creative freedom on Watanuki's overreactive behavior (and let's not forget that the director of Guu and Dokuro-chan is involved which has overreactive male protagonists).
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 12:45   Link #12
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I really enjoyed the movie, didn't think i was gonna enjoy it as much as i did. The fact that the first 10 minutes of the movie has parts that was mentioned in the first chapter of manga, i found interesting.. so newcomers to the story wouldn't be to lost on whats going on.

I can really see people jumping at the art style. I remember a lot of people saying the same about when Tsubasa first started.. long legged characters & so on, though i believe it to be a style thats only suited for the type of story that xxxHolic gives off.. strange that i didn't notice it that much while watching the first season of Tsubasa.

All and all it was a good watch, and brilliant music by Tsuneyoshi Saitou, glad i bought the ost when it was released.. though i'm a lil' buggered that Tsuneyoshi won't be doing the music for the anime that starts pretty soon.

Hope the Tsubasa movie is as good, i've already seen the first series.. so the feeling of manga to anime won't feel as good.
Old 2006-03-06, 13:31   Link #13
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
I really enjoyed the movie, didn't think i was gonna enjoy it as much as i did. The fact that the first 10 minutes of the movie has parts that was mentioned in the first chapter of manga, i found interesting.. so newcomers to the story wouldn't be to lost on whats going on.

I can really see people jumping at the art style. I remember a lot of people saying the same about when Tsubasa first started.. long legged characters & so on, though i believe it to be a style thats only suited for the type of story that xxxHolic gives off.. strange that i didn't notice it that much while watching the first season of Tsubasa.

All and all it was a good watch, and brilliant music by Tsuneyoshi Saitou, glad i bought the ost when it was released.. though i'm a lil' buggered that Tsuneyoshi won't be doing the music for the anime that starts pretty soon.

Hope the Tsubasa movie is as good, i've already seen the first series.. so the feeling of manga to anime won't feel as good.

I am not complaining about the art style. If you look carefully the art of the chars is pretty bad compared to the xxxholic manga.
Old 2006-03-06, 13:36   Link #14
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf
I am not complaining about the art style. If you look carefully the art of the chars is pretty bad compared to the xxxholic manga.
Well it would be different, anime form to manga form's a tricky thing - but like i said, imo the story behind xxxHolic needs the style.
Old 2006-03-06, 16:02   Link #15
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
i didnt like the animation too much of xxx holic, could be because it was not too well quality when i watched it but at certain points things were just chaotic, like when Watanuki got harashed by all the demons/ghosts in the start

well personally those things drive me nuts, when i have a fever i can suddenly see things spin around me like that so it makes me nuts looking at it

but the story line was super, i am curious about the Tsubasa movie

does anyone know what its about

btw : this year XxX Holic series
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 16:11   Link #16
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA-
i am curious about the Tsubasa movie

does anyone know what its about
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=5148

There's the information you seek~
Old 2006-03-06, 16:34   Link #17
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Spoiler for Tsubasa movie:
Old 2006-03-08, 16:16   Link #18
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

The Tsubassa movie makes me weap, knowing that we'll probably be back to the .hack//CLAMP nonsence for the tv series again.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 16:47   Link #19
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

The movie of xxxHOLiC was an exhilarating visual feast. Although the character design takes time to get used to, eventually you'll love everything about the film especially Ichihara Yuuko. Hang it all, even the story's great throughout the movie!

The character of Yuuko, however, impressed itself upon me. She's great.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 18:53   Link #20
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

The XXXholic movie didn't impress me all that much. 15 minutes was ripped from the Monkey paw episode and I didn't like how Yuuko stepped in and overrode Watanuki. She never does that in the book. It's sink or swim for Watanuki.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote