AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2011-11-15, 05:51   Link #41
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Translated the character profiles, if anyone's interested and doesn't mind my translation. Also rambled and speculated for a bit at the end of the post but you can ignore that.
Thank you so much for that. I can only agree with you, this is going to be the best thing ever.

Kugimiya voicing Koto made me raise my eyebrow, but as long as she's not tsundere, it'll be okay.
Old 2011-11-20, 19:47   Link #42
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

I been wanting more ONAs, and this looks like its going to be interesting. I am assuming the Alice in Wonderland vibes I am getting are on purpose.
Stevie_Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 02:01   Link #43
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post
I been wanting more ONAs, and this looks like its going to be interesting. I am assuming the Alice in Wonderland vibes I am getting are on purpose.
A verse of "Jabberwocky" is recited in the middle of the PV, albeit in very accented English.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"
Old 2011-11-21, 19:57   Link #44
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
A verse of "Jabberwocky" is recited in the middle of the PV, albeit in very accented English.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"
I didn't catch that the first time I watched the PV, thanks for pointing that out.
Stevie_Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 02:55   Link #45
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Kugimiya voicing Koto made me raise my eyebrow, but as long as she's not tsundere, it'll be okay.
I agree with this. From the look of Koto's design/face expressions, Kugimiya is not the first person that came to mind for the voice... someone like Yuuki Aoi or Yukari Tamura would be more fitting, in my opinion. But if Kugimiya doesn't go all full-tsundere, then I can live with it.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 23:51   Link #46
Raiga
tl;dr

The official site updated with a "story" section, so I updated my earlier post with a translation of that as well as some more speculation.

EDIT: The early showing at Tokyo's Asahi Hall occurred earlier today (or is it yesterday in Japan already? *fails at time zones*). Found a blog post from somebody who attended. There's some great pictures of the event there, too.

Some important points:
  • The anime is slightly less than 30 minutes long (awww ;_; )
  • "Fast-paced and difficult to understand, but it had an appeal that made me want to watch it again and again."
  • The character listed as "Koto (???)" on the site: apparently her name is written 古都 ("old/ancient" + the "to" from "Kyoto").
  • The pamphlet given to guests contains a sparse relationship chart. Koto (young) and the Aun Brothers are confirmed as siblings. Myoue is listed as "guardian" for Koto and the Aun brothers. Myoue, Head Priest, and Yase form the "Triumvirate".
  • More to come??? (yes please yes please)

Since it wasn't all that long and doesn't contain any spoilers, here's the blogger's full impressions on the screening:

Quote:
はっきり言うと、判りやすく作られては居ません。
我々にとって謎も、アニメの世界の登場人物にとっては日常、解説なんてしてくれません。
でも、その世界観はワクワクする物を秘めていて、美しい映像と共に心が惹きつけられました。
「どんな世界なのか?」「何が起こっているのか?」それが知りたくて、何度も見てしまうと思い ます。

今回の上映からスタートし、どんどん世界が広がっていくと言っていました。
そのスタートに立ち会えたのは、本当に幸福な事なのではないだろうか?そう思える作品に成る気 がします。
"To put it bluntly, it wasn't that easy to understand.
Everything that is a mystery to us is everyday life for the characters in the anime, so they don't provide any explanations.
However, the world of the story was full of exciting secrets, which along with the beautiful animation had me spellbound.
"What sort of world is it?" "What's going on?" I'm sure I'll watch through again and again, trying to find out.

[They] said that starting with this screening, the world [of the anime] would expand more and more.
I get the feeling this will become a work that will make me think, 'Wasn't I truly blessed to be able to witness the start of it all?'"

The last bit has me quite excited. 30 minutes is a bit of a bummer, but there's clearly a lot of depth to the world that was developed for this anime, and they seem to be saying that they're not done with this project yet. Hopefully if this pilot does well, they'll animate more.

Last edited by Raiga; 2011-12-01 at 13:34.
Raiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 21:47   Link #47
kyouray
2D > 3D

Thanks for the report. It's sad it's so short but it still looks very promising. I also hope this ONA will bring more.

A japanese gave the credits on twitter :
Quote:
Real staff :
Key animation :
Yuuki Hayashi, Takahiro Watanabe, Naohiro Shintani, Hiroki Morimune
Minami Yoshida, Naoki Tate, Shinichi Kurita, Seizo Toma
Shōta Iwasaki, Yuuichi Takahashi, Takayuki Sano, Toshie Kawamura
Yuuta Kiso, Takashi Hashimoto, Yosuke Yabumoto, Mae Shimada
Kozue Himura, Hiroaki Imaki, Moe Usami, Tatsuya Miki
Yuuga, Tetsuya Saeki, Daitoku Kawaguchi, Hebaragi

Last edited by kyouray; 2012-08-01 at 12:41.
kyouray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 01:41   Link #48
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
古都
Can be translated as "Ancient City".

The most expensive merchandise I could imagine for this series is a chess board with the characters in the anime as pieces. That would be epic.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 00:45   Link #49
Raiga
tl;dr

Nico broadcast in 6 hours.

I've never used Niconama before so I'm not familiar with how the live broadcasting thing works, but I experimented a bit today (and got myself a premium membership). This broadcast does not appear to be region locked. At the very least, I clicked on some other links on the Niconama front page and was told they were not available in my region, but I got no such message from the Kyouso Giga page. You only need premium membership to get better picture quality; normal members can view, it looks like.

If you have a Nico account you might want to keep your eye on this. I'll be waking up in about 7 hours by which time I can watch the timeshifted broadcast and hopefully record and translate this little 30-minute anime. As much as I've been looking forward to Kyouso Giga, waking up at 7 AM is out of the question.
Old 2011-12-06, 01:17   Link #50
Kakkou
Tch.

Thanks for the link. I didn't even realise it was today.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 07:35   Link #51
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I have no idea what I watched, except it seems like I am watching the final episode of a long TV series and I don't know what's going on.

Animation is great, characters are cool, but story is non-existent. They better make a proper TV show or all the characters would be wasted.

p.s. nothing in the trailer was re-used. They are nearly unrelated.
Old 2011-12-06, 07:51   Link #52
Kakkou
Tch.

I have no idea what just happened, not helped by the fact I got booted out early and couldn't get back in for quite a while.

Production was certainly stylish and great but it really felt like a pilot episode more than anything. As it stands I think the PV itself was better though that may change once I watch the whole thing properly. I definitely want them to either make a full series or at least more sequels of this.
Old 2011-12-06, 07:56   Link #53
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

After the end credits roll, the final scene was
>"Save game"
"Don't save game"

That sounds like they are talking about a reboot to the beginning in a new proper season. Or at least, that's the plan. They didn't say there will be one, but the ending suggest they are deliberately leaving wriggling room for it rather than abandoning the project.

I would prefer if they just tell us already.
Old 2011-12-06, 08:01   Link #54
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Series with such an unusual premise is a gamble in itself.
It's not surprising that they went for a "testing the waters" scenario.

That just leaves the possibility of a full-fledged series in the hands of the viewership.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 08:05   Link #55
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Series with such an unusual premise is a gamble in itself.
It's not surprising that they went for a "testing the waters" scenario.

That just leaves the possibility of a full-fledged series in the hands of the viewership.
Still, they could have written something more coherent for a teaser video. Something like Catshitone's ep 1. They should have wrote something that was self-contained,
Old 2011-12-06, 09:00   Link #56
Raiga
tl;dr

Well, a lot of PV footage didn't show up (did any, actually?), so I'm optimistic that they're saving that.

Definitely difficult to understand (Koto even said so herself!) but in a FLCL sort of way... there's a method to the madness, so to speak.

Spoiler:

Managed to record the stream, though the quality is pretty bad for parts of it. Trying to re-record it now; going to leave that as I go to class.

Last edited by Raiga; 2011-12-06 at 09:28.
Raiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 09:07   Link #57
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Well, a lot of PV footage didn't show up (did any, actually?), so I'm optimistic that they're saving that.

Definitely difficult to understand (Koto even said so herself!) but in a FLCL sort of way... there's a method to the madness, so to speak.

Spoiler:

Managed to record the stream, though the quality is pretty bad for parts of it. Trying to re-record it now; going to leave that as I go to class.
I think some did, but with differences (backgrounds I think) like Koto falling from the sky and Koto (old) embracing her.
Old 2011-12-06, 09:14   Link #58
Raiga
tl;dr

That's right, falling from the sky. Also there was a scene with Shouko that resembled a scene with Koto (young) from the PV (the "game over" scene).

The new recording is at 84% and I'm late for class anyway. Guess I'll wait. :\
Old 2011-12-06, 20:38   Link #59
kyouray
2D > 3D

Watched it : wonderful ! They must do more. Come on Toei, you earned so much money this year that you should be able to spend money for Kyousogiga.
I managed to understand more or less but I guess I've to rewatch it with subs.
Spoiler for :
By the way I love Koto's hammer.
Old 2011-12-06, 23:28   Link #60
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

What on earth did i just watch.